[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people give shit to SAO /a/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
why do people give shit to SAO /a/?
>>
Because it's a meme.

/a/ gives shit to any popular anime.
>>
Glop Glop.
>>
>>138285298
>>138285350
>>>/v/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/animeamino/
>>>/trash/
>>
Because it's garbage with a much greater quality to popularity disparity than a large majority of generic LN adaptations

Like, say Index is Naruto; SAO is Bleach, or something even worse
>>
>>138285433
Just as I said, it's a meme to hate SAO and all popular anime (Naruto, Bleach, etc.), just like it's a meme to hate other sites like reddit. Even though most of current /a/ visits both 4chan and reddit.
>>
>>138285433
there is a site name animeanimo? or what is that?
>>138285298
the fact you get you get your shitty image directly from Google makes all SAOfag like you an outsider
>>
File: Matrix_architect_repost2.jpg (34 KB, 353x280) Image search: [Google]
Matrix_architect_repost2.jpg
34 KB, 353x280
>>138285298
>>
>>138285954
And still, all answers are the same generic "because it's shit", "because it's bland", even though /a/ loves shit that's even more bland and tasteless.
>>
>>138285998
Why don't you just go discuss it on reddit with the rest of the 15 year olds instead of trying to argue with people who don't like it?
>>
>>138285298
Because it's bad and it attracts people like you, which is even worse.
>>
for people that play japanese dating simulators unironically you sure are picky about your cartoons /a/
>>
>>138285298
Because we believe in giving people what they deserve.
>>
>>138285298
A: ITs popular
B: It went downhill after looking good.
C: Its a meme, people like to circle jerk, even if they don't know they are in a circle.
>>
>>138287382
well desu i thought that both seasons would take place in SAO, so once they went out and he started playing other games it really couldn't match the intensity of life or death situations taking place in the 1st half of the 1st season. but it's not garbage, it's "ok".
>>
Semi-serious post here.

SAO's world and setting was done well, however the characters were shot from the start. You have a few core tropes to play with.

>Death game
>(mmo)RPG elements
Being the core two of the first season's world.
It's a good combination, it can work.

The problem with SAO lies in its characters
Kirito exists as some sort of self-insert dream character who gets to pull through a lot of bullshit for the sole reason that he is amazingly good for no other reason. Asuna's meant to be the perfect waifu. Both of these facts are even noted by the writer of the LN.

As a result, the actual storyline of SAO is pretty much a self-insert powerfantasy that is sort of aimed at 13~15 year olds.
Be better at anyone in the game through pure "skill", and have an IRL gaming waifu who is also kickass at the game.

The second half of the first season (ALO) fell short mainly because of the villain and it became some sort of generic rescue the maiden deal. Except tacked on with Kirito's overpowered bullshit (again). Forgettable and not worth mentioning.

Phantom Bullet pretty much tried the whole "you die irl lol", but again, Kirito is a fucking hacker. What I felt was done well was connecting it back to SAO, and having sort of a murder-mystery feel to it, though in the end it was kinda fucking nothing.

Mother's Rosario had complaints on >AIDS, but it felt like one of the better arcs since Kirito wasn't actually the lead character this time. There wasn't any overpowered "imdabes" asspull, just the "hlep im dyin of aids" asspull that killed an actual good character.

It's been a while since I watched it, but that's still my prevailing >opinion

>tl;dr world/setting is good, series ruined by pandering to self-insert edgelords with overpowered Mary Sues.
>>
>>138287434
It's garbage you just don't have many braincells
>>
The original concept for the show (the actual SAO part) was interesting. I liked the idea of not being able to die in game, but they ditched it halfway through the first season. It felt so rushed for no reason, they didn't even actually finish the game. It was pretty much all downhill from there
>>
File: glop.png (60 KB, 961x789) Image search: [Google]
glop.png
60 KB, 961x789
2 Years worth of semen made a glopping sound inside Asuna's wide vagina
>>
>>138287862
easy there edgelord

>>138287692
ye my thoughts pretty much. i was on board with the whole "he was a beta tester so he knows better" thing, even the "he got the double sword skill because he was lvling faster" thing, but when he manage to kill heathcliff after getting stabbed, it really let me down. i felt it was extremely anti-climactic and idiotic, as if the other people that had died in the game didn't have the willpower to live or people waiting for them or whatever. after that it went downhill

also the loopholes in the story gave me a bitter aftertaste. there was a guild of murderers, and when they all logged out they were just let go with some therapy? really? they didn't face trial, just went to therapy? also death gun's motivation was just "i'm a bad guy lel". only thing that kept me watching was the VR mmo setting
>>
>>138288268
>SAO kid
>calling anyone else an edgelord
Get a fucking grip newfag
>>
>All of my anime friends from community college told me it was awesome

>Watched it, thought it was a prank since I thought it was disjointed emo garbage from start to finish, and yelled at them for pranking me.

>No longer friends and never saw them after first 2 years.

If I didn't naturally hate SAO then I would still have friends. I can't say why I hate it other than the fact that I didn't enjoy any of it.

Sorry if you wanted a better explanation.
>>
It's shitty and popular. The shittyness attracts critism and hate. The popularity gives it more exposure and amplifies the hate. It also gives the show a bad fan base gives more reason to hate it. There are things just as bad or worse out there but don't get as much attention. As much as I dislike the word it is essentially a meme.
>>
>>138288434
>It's shitty and popular.
This. The rare case when something is popular and shit at the same time.
>>
>>138288298
>sao kid
i don't base my identity on anime you autistic fuck
>>
>>138285298
Because it's exactly what the anime deserves
>>
>>138290695
S2 is even more horrible.
>>
>>138285298
Because it's pretty fucking bad and somehow there exists people who defend it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.