[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Oh, you wanted to see a non-Saiyan win a fight? FUCK YOU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: 234482-akira_toriyama.jpg (12 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
234482-akira_toriyama.jpg
12 KB, 320x320
>Oh, you wanted to see a non-Saiyan win a fight? FUCK YOU

Why is he such a hack? Watch as they let Goku come back in to fight Hit after Vegeta and Monaka get rekt.
>>
File: 1453949213971.jpg (43 KB, 330x495) Image search: [Google]
1453949213971.jpg
43 KB, 330x495
He was never a good writer. This has always been true and I think it's time for everyone to accept it.
>>
>>138274965
The kiddies fucking love the SSJ transformations and they are the primary consumer of all DB merchandise. Deal with it.
>>
>>138274965
Stay mad Yamcha/tenshinhan/other useless jobberfag
>>
>>138274965
>>138275057
>>138275115
piccolo fags pls
Piccolo lost because NotFreeza cheated, he actually was going to win
>>
Please dont post chinks on my board
>>
Frost will poison vegeta next episode, Beerus will call bullshit and confront Champa, Hit will fuck up Frost for being a cheating bitch.

Goku and Piccolo get to fight again.
>>
>>138274965
Oh look another DB thread
>>
File: 192092832.jpg (310 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
192092832.jpg
310 KB, 849x565
>>138275795
Great, let me start.

>GT
>>
FUCK YOU TORIYAMA
FUCK YOU AND YOUR STUPID FUCKING GLASSES FOR MAKING HUSBANDO ANOTHER GENERIC VILLAIN
>tfw there will never be another canon frost demon form
>tfw best transformation (cooler's) was non canon and weak
>>
Do we have any subs yet, or at least know what vegeta said to piccolo and vados to champa?
>>
>>138275057
I always thought that he was a good writer, but not a good planner. Everything in Dragonball is made up on the fly.
>>
>>138276375
Vegeta told Piccolo to step down, and he did, like a good cuck.

Champa was pissed that Vados found such a scumbag and she tells him she found fighters that would win, not nice guys.
>>
>>138276267
Frost being evil is such a predictable and boring plot twist. He's now a literal Freeza clone with nothing to set him apart
>>
>>138276541
Goku and Piccolo lose to poison, Vegeta gets dq'd for some other bullshit. Hell at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Frost was only pretending to be tired and has the gold for all along.

>>138276485
Does toriyama write anything for this series, or are his contributions just character designs?
>>
>>138276633
Toryiama doesn't write anything for this series. It's Toei who's handling the writing without the manga to guide them.
>>
>>138276765
Toriyama wrote the screenplays for the recent movies and afaik he does the character designs and story outlines for Super, with King Ryu now being the head script writer
>>
>>138276765
That explains a lot.

We've seen him complain about the animation quality before, how do you think they'll take to making his favorite character job on a technicality amongst all the other out of character bullshit?
>>
>>138276612
Not really "predictable" seeing all the differences each universe has. The only predictable thing is that there would be some shitty writing thrown in there, and it was aimed at a decent character.
Also, he is better than Frieza in one regard and that's that he doesn't have those fucking lips
>>
>>138276870
>Hating on Frieza's dick sucking lips
Fag
>>
>>138275750
That's kind of the problem. We already knew Frost drugged Goku. It was obvious. Having an entire fight build up to the same shit happening again just felt like a waste of time.

That said, the way Piccolo fight was actually great. It was nice display of tactics and his skill set.
>>
>>138274965
>non-Saiyan win a fight
>Beerus
>Whis
>>
>>138274965
Here's to hoping Vegeta goes SSG and one-shots Frost. It'd be pretty satisfying considering the shit he's pulling.
>>
>>138277048
This series is a waste of time.

Considering we didn't see any vegeta vs frost in the preview but plenty of hit it's going to be new character battles from here on out.
>>
>>138276817
Where did toriyama's outline drop off? Was it just enough information to get to the multiverse tounrament?
>>
>>138276817
I wonder if Toriyama will get more or less involved in it as the story goes on. He seemed to be upset by SOME aspect of the anime. I hope that means he's going to try to take initiative and get more involved (Like he did with the movies). Not that I think he can completely save it (Toei will be Toei no matter what) but he can at least steer it just a bit better than it is right now. There's no reason an original story with no buffer should be moving this slow.
>>
>>138277418
>Out of character personaliies for everyone but bulma

>garbage animation

>Lethargic fight choreography

What recourse does the poor man have?
>>
>>138278199
At this point, I'd almost rather he and toyatoro work together and just make the manga weekly. I'd so much rather read that than continue watching Super.
>>
>>138278369
>First chapter is slight reset, back to beginning of tournament
>Botamo fight is the same, Frost turns out the be the nice guy people wanted and uses the gold form instead of having poison
>Despite power levels the fight remains up beat and jovial, harking back to DB
>Double knock out, allowing other fighters to shine without feeling like a cop out

If only anon.
>>
>>138278199
What's been so out of character for Goku?
>>
>>138278500
Goku's in character for the most part although they dumbed him down a little. I mean Goku's always been pretty dim but they're REALLY overselling it a bit.
>>
>>138278500
Goku has been dumb before, but his stupidity is reach sub-sahara africa levels in super.
>>
>>138278601
>>138278629
His test score was a bit much, but otherwise he seems like good ol' Goku for me. For the most part I haven't noticed any real drastic out of character behavior from anyone, though. Vegeta caring so much about keeping up with Goku is a step back, maybe.

Gohan's regression seems a little too convenient, but his preference for family life and academia doesn't strike me as being false.

Ultimately I think out of character writing is the least of Super's worries so far.
>>
Why are there so many dbzfags on /a/ lately?
>>
>>138277048
> We already knew Frost drugged Goku
Nobody knew it, there were htoeries about what happened but nothing confirmed
>>138277137
>Considering we didn't see any vegeta vs frost in the preview but plenty of hit it's going to be new character battles from here on out.
>implying is a bad thing we see new characters fighting
>>
>>138278733
Vegeta has been too calm and collected, it's unlike him.

Piccolo would never step down just because vegeta (or anyone) told him to, and would have been more perceptive enough to notice right away that frost cheated.

Gohan being stupid and not training after fat buu and super buu thrashings is just dumb.
>>
>>138278875
We saw a purple flash when he hit goku's palm

As for the new characters, they're all coldsteel tier recolors and boring as fuck.
>>
>>138278794
New series
>>
>>138278733
If I'm going character by character I only have a few issues.
Bulma's pretty much perfect.
I don't even mind Vegeta and Goku's rivalry because it's very Buu saga. Where he's no longer trying to be EVIL and he just wants to beat Goku. They're rivals and they've got great chemistry.

>Krillin being scared of mooks.
No.

>Chi-chi being such an awful bitch that she refuses to let Pan train
People seem to forget that SHE trained Goten. Chi-chi does not hate fighting. She hates it when ALL THEY DO is fight. And she hates it when their lives are at stake.

>Gohan jobbing so hard
I'm not even a gohanfag and I think he should at least be 3rd strongest at all times. I don't mind him not being the strongest but he should be able to go toe to toe with most villains for a little while. I didn't even mind it in the Freeza movie because at least they implied it was just a sucker punch.

Those little things really bug me.
>>
>>138276851
With the recent interview, I never interpreted it as complaining about Super specifically, but rather Dragon Ball as an anime franchise. There was that one 90s interview where he explained that he didn't like how the anime tried to portray Goku as "heroic", and that they missed the edge to his character.
>>
>>138278794
Mostly because new DBS episode, and the new episode discusion usually ends sundays or mondays.
>>
>>138279087
Fuck I forgot about Krillin. Son of a bitch is stronger than all the ginyu force put together, why the hell would he worry about kui tier mooks?

Fuck it, Super is gt with a new coat of paint.
>>
>>138274965
Frost is a non-saiyan
>>
>>138278903
I like the more calm and collected Vegeta. I agree about Piccolo, though.
>>
>>138279400
Vegeta has mellowed out with age. Majin Vegeta was him working out his mid life crisis. For him to act like the angry retard he used to be would be a betrayal of his character development
>>
>>138279400
Fuck, even Heroes is handling personality traits better than Super.
>>
Dragon Ball's anime have always sucked
>>
>>138279186
The thing with Super is that it's almost anti-GT. and not in a good way.
GT took itself too seriously (to the point where it messed up the characters and story), had obnoxious power level-y villains, introduced a lot of themes that don't mesh well and didn't make them work.Ok animation but the color pallet stayed a bit too murky and gross for Dragonball.
Meanwhile Super doesn't take itself very seriously (to the point where they mess up the characters and story), has more lighthearted villains but several of them are just retreads of previous villains. The colors are great but the animation is trash and half of the art is garbage half the time.

If you combined elements from the two you'd either have the worst or best dragonball adaptation
>>
>>138274965
>>138279368
Beerus too.
>>
I am confused. Was this poison a cheating (weapon) or was it Frost biology (no cheating)?
>>
>>138280039
Cheating; Champa was so angry he was ready to blast him.
>>
>>138274965
welcome to shonenshit.
>>
>>138279603
The convergence point is they are making the exact same mistake, assuming that fans only want to see the saiyans do anything. GT had a false start with uub in the first episode, and now Super is doing the same by showing Piccolo training Gohan again and adding Buu to the torunament promotional art only to drop him right off the bat.

Unnecessary transformations for marketing purposes is another key point. When you think about it, ss4 and ssb are very similar:
>Both very divergent from the original three forms
>Both gained no through skill or training but through esoteric and contrived ways
>Neither grant any significant upgrades from the previous forms, reinforcing that they exist only for marketing and merchandising
>>
>>138280339
You raise a good point. The only credit I'll give to SSJB is that I feel like it's just a way to make regular old super saiyan relevant again. Toriyama once said he somewhat regretted SSJ3 and so I felt like SSJB is his way of making something visually similar to SSJ while being able to explain why it's more powerful.

Everything else you said is on point though.
>>
>>138280548
I think he could have relied on the idea that 2 and 3 are just too inefficient for the boosts they give to be worth it, instead of having to create a new form based on the god gimmick.

Another thing is that we're already seeing patterns emerge in super:
>Old villain returns with new color (golden freeza and u6's set of recoulors)
>Goku and vegeta training in deep isolation away from the cast, thus signifying how unimportant their friends and family are (whis planet/ time chamber)
>Non saiyans given the briefest spot light before being tossed away for not being saiyans (the big mook fight/ Piccolo being written as an idiot and buu being told to fuck right off)
>Goku being stupid and not taking his fight seriously, giving the villain an advantage (not killing freeza right off the bat/ not using ssb when frost is clearly well beyond freeza)

Next we will see vegeta move in to finish off the frost demon of the week, only for pink cell to steal the kill like goku did in RoF.
>>
>>138279087
At least now Gohan fans know how Yamcha fans feel, LOL!
>>
>>138280878
I agree with all of this. Dragon Ball was at its best when the scenarios were dynamic and always evolving, giving various characters a chance to shine in some way. The more separated Goku and Vegeta get from everyone else the more boring things get.
>>
>>138280878
>Non saiyans given the briefest spot light before being tossed away for not being saiyans

Not really, Piccolo, Tien, and Krillin do get thrown bones now and then, especially the former.

Yamcha was the one who needed attention, and he was ignored. So it was bad writing from the beginning.
>>
>>138281166
Double dubs don't lie.

To me, the series went down hill when super forms/power boosting moves were introduced. Those took out any strategy elements to combat because why bother making new moves when you can strong arm someone? Last time I saw goku do something smart was exploiting freeza's ki blindness.
>>
>>138281227
Piccolo was written like a small, obedient cuck who suddenly lost his deft perception and intelligence in tonight's very episode anon, and buu was told he was too stupid to join. These aren't bones, they're throw away moments to remind the 8yos whoe the real stars are and who mommy and daddy should should buy merchandise of.

If super keeps going, you'll hear worthless quips like "Golly gee gohan/piccolo/tien/buu, you're so strong you could take on a whole army of super perfect cells!" but these will be empty compliments because said characters will never be allowed to do anything important.
>>
>>138281301
To be fair, all the fights in the tournament at least until now were won without power levels.
>>
>>138281426
At least they get moments, Yamcha doesn't get anything.
>>
>>138281513
Further proof it all should have ended with goku and piccolo's tie breaker.

Speaking of the good 3rd of the series, any know who AT's ghostwriter was?
>>
File: Despair.jpg (270 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
Despair.jpg
270 KB, 500x740
>This entire series is pic related
>>
bamp
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.