[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys dislike Aku No Hana?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
Why do you guys dislike Aku No Hana?
>>
>>138263043
But I don't.
>>
A wasted adaptation of source material that was better than the result. The Elfen Lied of this decade.
>>
>>138263145
Really? I figred Elfen Lied draw in many edgy teens. And I thought Aku No Hana did quite the oposite by lokking "ugly".
>>
>>138263281
>I figred Elfen Lied draw in many edgy teens
I wont argue it was popular with that demographic, but it was a garbage adaptation which cut off the better half the manga.
>>
>>138263145
Except the source material for EL was garbage. The anime was actually an improvement.
>>
I loved it. People hate it because of the art, or because they never actually watched it due to the art.
>>
>>138263378
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Did you actually prefer the anime ending to the manga one?
>>
I didn't mind the art, but the pacing of some of the episodes was god damn inexcusable. The anime should have covered at least twice as much material.
>>
>>138263043
Its animation was the visual equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard. The plot couldn't have been good enough to overcome that, but it didn't even try, going incredibly slowly and not even getting to the first climax of the story.
>>
A worse adapation than anything even Deen could do.
>>
Atleast on here, it's mostly people who prefer the source material as far as I can tell. The art gets hate as well but this usually isn't the main reason given.
>>
>>138263452
I never finished the manga, but are referring to anime ending vs. Manga continuation. Its hard for me to remember exactly what happens in the manga, but I was fine with the anime's conclusion. The manga author isn't a particularly good writer, in terms of characters or driving the plot, and I think the creative team of the anime did a good job of injecting emotion and gravitas into the story.
>>
>>138263043
The manga is average but the anime made me want to rip my face off.
>>
>>138263754
Fair enough, personally I would recommend it if you enjoyed the series, I personally believe it was a much more satisfying and complete conclusion than the anime received. While I personally preferred the manga compared to the anime flat out, I can understand where you're coming from.
>>
I liked a lot. In fact it made read the manga which is better but didn't made me hate the anime. The ending was pretty good IMO.
>>
File: a perfect rape.gif (385 KB, 368x207) Image search: [Google]
a perfect rape.gif
385 KB, 368x207
It was very watchable, like a train wreck.
>>
File: Aku no Hana Shitstorm.jpg (288 KB, 1203x1458) Image search: [Google]
Aku no Hana Shitstorm.jpg
288 KB, 1203x1458
>>138263043
>>
The music...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4wbgsFz7vE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok5yDYrO0gc
>>
The backlash on Aku no Hana seriously made me think the average anime fan is autistic.
>>
>>138265967
well, it's true
>>
>>138265809
Is there a version of the full OP sung by the voice actors?
>>
>>138265967
>the average anime fan is autistic.
This statement is true.
Asperger's syndrome has been absorbed into Autism Spectrum Disorder (DSM-V).
>>
File: 1365809507454.jpg (217 KB, 1008x720) Image search: [Google]
1365809507454.jpg
217 KB, 1008x720
>A shit-tier animation studio tying to employ an animation style that is notoriously difficult to pull off without looking like shit
>Animation quality corroded even more by each passing week
>Horrible pacing due to being capped at how much material they can adapt
>Despite all of the above, the retards in charge of production decided to make it 13 fucking episodes long
>>
It created a oppressive atmosphere through a great use of sound, pacing, and use of uncanny valley with the rotoscoping.

People didnt like it because it didnt look anime, and they are faggots.
>>
Slower than the one piece anime.
>>
>>138266310
this
>>
Slightly pretentious, and lacked substance.

7/10, would watch again though.
>>
>>138263043
It's drivel for disaffected teenagers.
>>
I liked it,
Also didn't found any improvement on animation in BD.
>>
Nakamura's model is not cute
There must be cute girls
>>
>>138268641
downvote
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.