[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone see or seeing this movie? Saw it in subs I thought it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Anyone see or seeing this movie? Saw it in subs I thought it was really good.
>>
>Furshit
>>
I went in to it knowing next to nothing.

There were definitely some meh moments, but overall I really enjoyed it.
>>
It was alright. The plot was more unconventinal than I thought it'd be, but it did so much tell when it could've just showed. It left no space for ambiguity or metaphor to work effectively. Despite that, the direction was great, the horizontal panning shots were very memorable, and there were parts in the beginning that reminded me of Spirited Away.
>>
>>138237097
Just got back from seeing this actually, it was pretty solid Hosada movie. Not girl who lept through time level but definitely on par with summer wars and Wolf children.
The pacing was good though the Moby Dick subtext felt somewhat forced, also what kind of dick gives away his girlfriend's first bookmark to some pigfuck asshole.

Also if you can't get past anthro shit like >>138237497 you will probably hate the movie.
>>
>>138237097
Is it subbed in English yet? I could only find raws and jap subs.
>>
Went to the movie and this remind me a lot of Tarzan

There are some good parts but the end feel kinda weak
>>
>>138240845
I felt like it would have been better if they didn't have kyuuta go back to the human world, they could have spent that time better fleshing out the the monster world and also the relationship with kumatetsu.
>>
Just got back from seeing it. It's Hosata's worst film easily. Visually it's fine, but since the person that has done all his past screenplays wasn't involved it really drops the ball. It also needed a score closer to summer wars, but instead uses the person from wolf children which is more reserved

In the end it feels like an awkward adaptation of an entire season of an anime or something

I like certain concepts and things in it, but I don't think I'll go for a 2nd watch
>>
Didnt like the supertelekenetucexplodeshibuya cliche ending but, otherwise solid. Almost cried at some parts Really liked the Beast and boy relationship. The girl was meh, pighumandarkness was meh. Re-meeting his father was meh. Should have had a bit more focus.
>>
>>138240993
I think it fine to go back to human world since we can see kyuuta have some comparison between beast world and human world, it just the way they handle when he start going back to human world was rather bad.

desu, just like what you said, I also like when they put more time focus on kyuuta and his beast father. And human father was rather weak, like he actually didn't bring anything meaningful to the movie.
>>
Can't even find a confirmed home release date yet.
>>
>>138241653
Raws on nyaa but haven't find the subs, here they posted in a thread or something?
>>
Just like any Hosoda movie, it's bad
>>
>>138239312
>the horizontal panning shots were very memorable
Those are definitely the best shots that Hosoda excels at using.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pdSKot0psNg
>>
>>138237097
Worst Hosoda, but not bad overall.
>>
>>138237097
Went into the movie expecting it'll be as good as girl who lept through time

what a letdown, his weakest movie by far
>>
Going to go see it later today hopefully it won't suck
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.