[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SHIKI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
It took 14 episodes, but it's finally going somewhere. Did the doctor do the right thing? Could you have done it?
>>
>>138226612
MACHINES OF LABOR
>>
Fugging commies i swear on me mum
>>
>>138226612
that series was so shit i tried to forget it. thanks a lot anon.
>>
Next post is spoilers
>>
spoilers
>>
Other than the people who deliberately fight their instinct, everybody in the show is acting out of survival. Coexistence between the okigari and humanity ain't possible, so one needed to overwhelm the other or everything needed to burn and start all over.

There's no "right" or "wrong" when it comes to survival. Predators will hunt prey and the prey will attempt whatever it can to defend itself. Bringing morality into the spotlight completely misses the entire fucking point of the show.
>>
>>138227847
It wasn't "survival"

Vampire loli cunt wanted friends so they killed everyone in the town and forced them to kill each other too when they turned otherwise they'd get tortured by leather werewolf
>>
>>138228026
So by attempting to populate the world with more of their species, which is the goal of every species and a crucial factor of suvival, the vamp loli's actions were apparently not survival?

I don't think you thought your argument through anon.
>>
>>138227847
They could have set up a rotation where they take blood from a person once every 2 weeks, leaving nobody dead and the wiser, but the vampires were all stupid cunts that wanted to play the victim card.

>attempting to populate the world with more of their species

At least 100 year old vampire loli never has heard of Malthus apparently.
>>
File: received_971215036286334.gif (498 KB, 300x270) Image search: [Google]
received_971215036286334.gif
498 KB, 300x270
Ozoki is best grill. Oh my nuts.
>>
>>138226612
The doctor is the hero humanity needed. He didn't do a single thing wrong.
>>
AISHIIIIIIIII
>>
File: Shiki00026-650x365.jpg (25 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
Shiki00026-650x365.jpg
25 KB, 650x365
At least the best semen demon survived.
>>
I miss the HOMOdachi
>>
>>138231802
Who even is that?
>>
shiki a shit
>>
File: Chizuru_Kirishiki.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Chizuru_Kirishiki.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>138231802
That's not Chizuru.
>>
Weird, I'm watching ep 14 right now.

Can't remember the last time a show made me this frustrated.
>>
Shiki is in my top ten of all time. Perfect anime with so many great and memorable scenes. The last episode was chilling.

Remember to watch the OVAs too.
>>
File: In Soviet Village.....jpg (707 KB, 1432x2150) Image search: [Google]
In Soviet Village.....jpg
707 KB, 1432x2150
>>
>>138233084
>Doc cucking the dude with all the guns
Glorious.
>>
>>138228182
>by attempting to populate the world with more of their species
They're fucking immortal, why does this even matter? All they did is limit their food supply like a bunch of idiots because they were lonely.
>>
>>138233262
The plot finally gets going.

>>138233344
It's not that great, but it is intersting enough to keep watching. I've read the praise for the OVAs. Hard to imagine what's in them since they're technically .5 episodes, but I'm looking forward to them.
>>
>>138233586
>Hard to imagine what's in them since they're technically .5 episodes, but I'm looking forward to them.

I think they're amazing. But, I'd recommend watching them after you're done the normal series. They're side stories but watching them chronologically with the rest of the show might slow down the pace of the ending too much.

I dunno though, hard to say. That's what I found when I was watching it at least.
>>
>>138233455

Great, now I don't need to watch the show anymore. Thank you comrade.
>>
Monk did nothing wrong
>>
>>138233586
Sidestories that should have been part of the original airing. the two that i remember were honestly the best part of the show.
>>
>>138227847
>>138228182
>loli and pedomonk talk about how nobody has the right judge what is good and evil
>loli says how all humans are evil
>loli lets a specific human live with them because he was "nice"
>loli attempts to turn everyone instead of keeping them alive for a food source
The Shiki might not have been evil, but under the loli they surely were. She had them acting like animals instead of what they once were which was intelligent life.
Humans did the right thing.
>>
>>138235394
The okiagari were above humans on the food chain. You don't give a flying fuck about anything below you on the food chain.

Humans did the "right thing" in terms of self-preservation, but it wasn't a matter of morality, just survival.
>>
All I remember from this is the OP being pretty great.
>>
File: fifty calibers of fuck you.jpg (74 KB, 1800x540) Image search: [Google]
fifty calibers of fuck you.jpg
74 KB, 1800x540
Think pic could kill a shiki reliably with a center of mass shot?
>>
>>138235756
But it's illegal to own guns in Japan
>>
>>138235685
Morality only matters to humans and things that can think like humans, it's always a matter of morality.
>>
File: 1213213211.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1213213211.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>138235685
>The okiagari were above humans on the food chain.
The show seems to differ on that
>>
>>138233455
What a great thread
>>
>>138235685
The entire "food chain" would get disruspted if another sentient being existed. The Shiki didn't have to go about feeding the way they did terrorizing an entire village. The show tries to make it some kind of grey area, but when one side instigates all the fucked up things that happened it's hard to care. The monk was fine with Shiki killing everyone because he felt bad. Fuck that. All the scenes they have you trying to sympathize with Shiki don't work because when they were in control they gave two shits about killing people and enjoyed it.
>>
>>138235685
>You don't give a flying fuck about anything below you on the food chain.

I love how the whole logic of the shiki relies on this assumption which is clearly false. Many people (like me) live a lifestyle not premised on consuming the flesh of other sentient beings. Though at least I can agree that, by the same token, they're no less evil than the people they were consuming.
>>
>>138236231
>if another sentient being existed

What makes you so sure humans are the only sentient beings?
>>
>>138235685
It wasn't about survival at all. If the Shiki wanted to just survive then it would be best to keep their numbers low and be smart about feeding. Instead they kept trying to turn people because loli said so and her reasoning was being lonely.
What happens after they turn everyone in town, they send people out to feed or bring people back and then eventually turn them too? or let them live as livestock? why not enslave the humans in the village to do that in the first place?
Humans don't cut down the trees that bear fruit, they pick the fruit and come back later when new fruit has grown. The Shiki were being led by a dumb child and they didn't even see that they were truly evil.
>>
>>138236308
I shouldn't have used sentient, but I don't want to bitch about semantics. You know what I mean. Another life form as intelligent, or smarter than us that was able to communicate and all that. If we lived among other beings like that everything would change. There wouldn't just a be a food chain. Hell, if animals could talk things would be a lot different.
>>
>>138236424
Glad Shiki is at least making you think about things you take for granted.
>>
AISHIIIIIIIIIII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw5u3QVdHjA
>>
>>138239360
top tier OP
>>
>>138226612

Toshio was an absolute fucking moron and it constantly drew me out of the show. Without some random bullshit McGuff Werewolf showing up he would have completely doomed the entire town and more or less did due to his arrogance with only a few survivors.
>>
File: chill out bro it's science.jpg (88 KB, 910x512) Image search: [Google]
chill out bro it's science.jpg
88 KB, 910x512
>>138226612
Doctor is a hero. Also, I miss Shiki threads. Great times and great debates over the morality of vampires.
>>
>>138240767
He saved the town when it came to the vampires but if it was a real epidemic he would've doomed them. Did he not once think of asking the patients if they'd been in contact with any particular type of insect that may have bit them? Did he really think the best way to deal with an epidemic is hiding it from the town instead of sending out a PSA with warnings and requests for information? Why did he constantly just try to wait out sicknesses instead of shipping everyone to a bigger hospital the instant they felt a little off?
>>
>>138239360
The other one is better.
>>
If this was WoD the little cunt would have a blood hunt called on her
>>
>>138242673

>He saved the town

By what measure? By having massive amounts of the populace die because of his pride? By stopping it from burning partially to the ground?

>but if it was a real epidemic he would've doomed them.

It |was| an epidemic and he failed utterly to stem it in reasonable time or bring in assistance

>An epidemic is the rapid spread of infectious disease to a large number of people in a given population within a short period of time, usually two weeks or less.

Almost all of your points that follow support my stance of his utter incompetence as a doctor.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.