[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on A1 Producing the Ace Attourney anime? honestly i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: fug.png (28 KB, 1375x498) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
28 KB, 1375x498
Thoughts on A1 Producing the Ace Attourney anime? honestly i'm hoping they don't fuck it up just like almost everything else
>>
give us 3 example of their fuck ups
>>
>>138217495
Just look at this seasons contributions by A1 except Grimgar.
>>
>>138217495
Persona: Trinity Soul
>butchered personas and their summoning, their powers, & the overall story in trinity soul
>nothing really notable in terms of plot, just a gang of bandits experimenting with persona users
>failed to live up to expectations, even being a spin-off of the persona series

The Asterisk War
>anime with cute girls and swords
>sure it's not bad but it's not great either
>lacks plot
>oh hey look pretty colors
>let's try to animate everything to look nice and look action-y
>very little actually going on
>main character is a god, (see SAO)

Sword Art Online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uON7ANNOi4
>tl;dr "beta players aren't better than any other players"
>I somehow know more than everyone else, is an unbeatable monster that literally is unrivaled, making for an interesting protag HOW???
>everyone else is too much of an idiot to realize how the fuck to play an mmorpg
>"i'm angsty and i dont want anybody else to get hurt, so i'm not partying up anymore"
>a few episodes later, does it anyways

sure some of these things are problems with the stories, but why turn them into animations if it doesn't need to be? the reality of anime nowadays is that people just consume anime, be it bad or good, for the sake of it and don't actually care about the quality of it. too many people don't actually care about the quality of their anime
>>
>>138217522

You mean coincidentally or not the one thing that Toho had more control over than they did? Honestly A-1 will make it more popular and sell well with their marketing gimmicks and fanboys but it'll be about the most soulless adaptation you can ask for and probably have a lot more melodrama added in than the games ever contained. I expect Maya's arc to get a lot more focus instead of just being a quickie 2nd case.
>>
>>138217899

This honestly through and through. That's why A-1 is so popular cause they just mass produce mediocre 6/10 shit with shiny colors and cute girls and know how to market it well. What's funny is that they truly think they can be the next Ghibli or prestige studio with their projects like Anthem of The Heart and recent noitaminA work in spite of their general approach being a mass production hot license based one.
>>
>>138218114
McDonalds of anime production, amirite?
>>
File: bump.gif (90 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
bump.gif
90 KB, 350x400
bump. im really interested to see what people here think
>>
>>138218180

They're kind of like a shittier more in touch with modern otaku version of Sunrise who they spun off from with debatable success at targetting the mainstream and way more reliance on using established hit IPs like Idolmaster and SAO than creating their ownm
>>
File: 1445448154525.png (151 KB, 449x442) Image search: [Google]
1445448154525.png
151 KB, 449x442
>>138217314
>Attourney
>>
>>138217522

Boku Dake anime is better than the manga.
>>
File: wanna see some magic.png (281 KB, 479x341) Image search: [Google]
wanna see some magic.png
281 KB, 479x341
>>138219243
Ace Attourney's just another IP for them to leech off of

pic unrelated
>>
>>138217899
>sure some of these things are problems with the stories, but why turn them into animations if it doesn't need to be?

Are you stupid? Because there's money in it. You're seriously going to tell me it's not worth making SAO when you know damn well that it's mainstream as all hell and was destined to be a worldwide hit from the get go? And A-1 made the best possible adaptation they could have out of it.
>>
File: you can come out.jpg (28 KB, 541x640) Image search: [Google]
you can come out.jpg
28 KB, 541x640
>>138221199
i dont think you realize what i was getting at. I was talking about quality of anime in that post. There was no reason to make it aside from pumping out a 6/10 anime just for the sake of making money, as this guy said >>138218114

adapting the story into an anime did nothing positive for the series itself
>>
>>138221199
continuation of >>138221453

i also mentioned in my post that some of those problems were with THOSE STORIES, thus there was nothing A1 could have done with those anime to make them better without changing the core ideas of the stories, so there was nobody to particularly to blame. The fact of the matter is that A1 took the source materials with the flaws they already had and turned them into an anime simply because of their mainstream success before they adapted it into an anime. read b4 post pls
>>
>>138217314
They are trying to get all of Ace Attorney into a few episodes. It's going to get fucked because there isn't enough time to establish the charm that made the VN good.
>>
>>138221650

>The fact of the matter is that A1 took the source materials with the flaws they already had and turned them into an anime simply because of their mainstream success before they adapted it into an anime.

Yup, you're an idiot. A-1 make any decisions in those anime being made. A production committee gets together and decides they want their product to get animated, then they pay A-1 to make the show. That's how 90% of all adaptations are made. A-1 is also a subsidiary of Sony's Aniplex, which is an anime product firm. In other words, they're not making any conscious decision here, they're not an independent studio, these things are being made because someone not in the studio wants them to.

None of those things you mentioned are fuck ups. For what they are, they're pretty much as good as you're going to get. They're just shit to begin with.
>>
>>138222165
> A-1 make any decisions in those anime being made.

A-1 didn't*.
>>
>>138217495
Denpa Kyoushi. Aired at the very same timeslot a year ago.
I want a decent... no, a great PV. Without it I'll stay skeptical
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.