[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you still watching Shaftagatari instead of superior Nishio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
Why are you still watching Shaftagatari instead of superior Nishio Ishin work adaptation?

KyoAni officially killed monogatari anyway, and made Nishio write this inspired by Mirai
>>
I want SHAFT in charge of all Nisio adaptions.
>>
>>138213225
Shaft is shit. Especially adapting word rich works like monogatari`s - it litterally butchered it.

Katangatari is better example and even Medaka box is decent adaptation. Hopefully Shaft will not get Zaregoto and other Nishio novels

Worst would be Shaft getting Zerozaki - its Trigger material.
>>
>>138213446
>Hopefully Shaft will not get Zaregoto and other Nishio novels
Nisio likes working with Shaft, though. It's not like they're just taking his works and going "Too bad, we're adapting this now!"
>>
>>138214121
Well, Monogatari sells. It being inferior to novel adaptation losing much of Nisio charm still does not reduce the importance of financial success and i guess both publisher and Aniplex would push for more.

That said, does not mean all Nisio works obligatory would be adapted by SHAFT - as seen by Katanagatari, Medaka, and some like pic related going for Live Actions instead. (and DESU live action format is better since its 1 hour episode allowing to not cut much stuff including inner monologues).

Out of the ongoing Nisio works - Okitegami already got live action, so unlikely anime.
>>
>>138214336
Densetsu can be done by SHAFT, but imho unlikely to be done.

Mahō Shōjo Risuka - maybe, once new volume is released.

His biggest franchize aside from Monogatari is without question Zaregoto and its spinoffs - and imho, that stuff is not well suited for shaft.
>>
>>138213183
>Kyoani invented meganekko
>>
>>138213183
But Kyoko isn't Mirai's clone, OP.
If you're going to say anything about her appearance, blame VOFAN.
>>
File: monogatari killer.jpg (69 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
monogatari killer.jpg
69 KB, 1280x1440
>>138214517
It did. KnK truly was Monogatari killer
>>
>>138213183
>KyoAni officially killed monogatari anyway, and made Nishio write this inspired by Mirai

>42,204 average Monogatari Series Second Season
>4,505 average Kyoukai no Kanata
Damn, Monogatari got destroyed
>>
>>138214576
>even the coat and shirt is the same
>>
>>138214609
It achived the most important task - made Nishio realize how shit is monogatari, finish it and instead start a new series with Mirai as main heroine
>>
File: 1444611425186.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1444611425186.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
>>138214662
>finish it
>>
>>138214696
He did, anime only fag.
>>
>>138213225
Zaregoto wouldn't work well with Shaft's direction. It needs something like Mouryou no Hako but lighter mood. Same goes to its spinoffs and Okitegami Kyoko.
Haven't read Densetsu, Sekai and Risuka, so I have no idea which would work well.

>>138214662
>monogatari
>finish
In your dream.

>>138214785
no he didn't. What are Nademonogatari and Musubimonogatari?
>>
>>138213183
Detective hanekawa?
>>
>>138214830
>What are Nademonogatari and Musubimonogatari?
Off season snip off short stories
>>
>>138214952
No real analogue in Monogatari series - neaerest would be Tsukihi. If anything its Detective-Mirai except less clumsy.
>>
>>138214962
They are side stories but not short stories. The arcs are just as long as any other seasons beside Koyomimonogatari.
>>
>>138214962
They are long enough to warrant 2 episodes per arc.
>>
When is SHAFT animating this?
>>
>>138215258
Never? Since it already have live action and its pretty good.
>>
>>138214336
katanagatari is mostly action and one of the series woth less talk
Medaka is a jump shonen
Okitegami was motly changed and you can tell which part are Nisio and which are original (still pretty good for a live action )
>>
>3d
>>
>>138214609
also monogatari fucking spinoff (a phone app no less) is the best selling shiow this season
>>
>>138215414
Other live action things have been adapted to anime as well.
Things like this also look really weird in live action. Things like this >>138213446 don't translate really well in 3D, imo.
>>
>>138215258
if it's long enough and need some ads, it could get at least one season (when shaft is done with monogatari spinoff)
>>
>>138213183
October 14, 2014
August 19, 2015
October 6, 2015
December 17, 2015

this pacing, fucking nisio
>>
I dont know why you are making a big deal, the drama was awfully cringeworthy like the rest of the current dramas. The only reason this series is popular is because of commercial marketing from SHAFT and Nishio's fame.
>>
>>138215650
akagi was pretty good even as a drama
>>
>>138215650
Yeah hype culture is bigger in japan than america.

I have to agree akagi was atcually fun to watch.
>>
>>138215650
It was pretty good. There is however much competition in detective drama live action segment.

At very least it was lot better done than biblia koshodou no jiken techou (which imho is better novel)
>>
The girl is cute,
so I will watch it.
If you have other dramas you can recommend, please do.
>>
>>138215813
Just like yakumo, holy shit they tattered the novel into dust with the disastrous drama.
>>
>>138215911
She is.

No happy end though.
>>
>>138215911
Kill yourself
>>
Huh I saw this on TV when I was in Japan, only the one episodes though.

Someone had died and the guy was trying to keep it a secret from her.
>>
>>138216133
And cant just drug her to sleep so that she`d forget everything, because doing so is murder
>>
>>138216133
it was her favourite author (totally not a nisio replacement). The mistery was a one of the few ood one in the series
>>
>>138215650
Agreed. The drama was mostly changed and the changed part was garbage, especially that episode 2.

>>138215911
you can watch digimon savers. That actress voiced the girl mc in it.
>>
I want new season of Watashi no Kirai na Tantei - superior to this in all aspects.
>>
File: cameheretolaugh.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
cameheretolaugh.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>138213446
That wig is cosplay-tier.
>>
>>138215650
Not to mention they reeled in a big talento for the male lead so the drama was pretty much on set for popularity. Both the fanboy and fangirl have their share of hype for this drama.
>>
>>138215911
Expand your options, watching mundane drama is really time consuming. Watch historical drama like Jin worth the long run.
>>
>>138213183

I'm not
>>
>>138216863
My options are not limited to dramas with cute girls.
Every kind of recommendation is good!
I like dramas, but sadly becoming knowledgeable about them is hard,
since there are a lot of them, and there is no good resource for discussing or rating them (such as /a/).
>>
>>138217465
/jp/ used to do that, but yes, jdrama is very underground in most cases. http://www.jdorama.com/topdramas.htm has a decent list, but theu feature mostly on romance. If you are looking for stuffs like crime, historical, controversial stuffs then I guess you have to dig deep. In my opinion some Jdrama demonstrate their story really well when they know they can, but in most drama, they just do it for the comedy and gag if they can't pull it off. And they generally have better ost than most anime.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.