[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grimgar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
>Episode 9 out of 12 = "How to Rest"
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>138181385
It's the episode title.
>>
That the show is meant to be a satire
>>
File: stables are best.gif (7 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
stables are best.gif
7 KB, 640x400
They learn how the different levels of inn differ in rest effectivity.
>>
>>138181385
instead of being half-something-happens/half-nothing-happens, it will be full-nothing-happens
>>
>>138181385
A better translation would be: "How to spend your day off"
>>
The entire anime has literally been about noobs killing goblins. Unbelievable
>>
I just can't get over thinking of this spell. The way Shihoru squeezed the goblin was kind of erotic. Could she squeeze other things with it, maybe more gently? Shadow jobs might replace footjobs as my new fetish.
>>
>>138182443
Evard's Black Tentacle Rape?
>>
>>138181825
>if there's no fighting then nothing happens
How does it feel to be 14 and only watch shonnen battle shows?
>>
Do you guys forsee a season 2 realistically happening, given the sales and current demand?
>>
>>138182424
What's wrong with that?
>>
Is this show actually good, or is it just waifu faggotry?
>>
>>138182424
>The entire anime has literally been about mostly what it's supposed to be in first place
I don't get it.
>>
>>138182764
Maybe something about why the fuck they're even in that place? They haven't said a word about it after the first few episodes.

They haven't talked about the towns, areas and the number of dungeons either.
>>
>>138182550
Dude. Dunhgeon gurlz and SAO 4life.
Join my animes club plz.
>>
>>138182704

Maybe if funi never funds the animation budget. Licensing, sure go ahead. I'm still going to download HS. But the budget lapses and organizing pitfalls of certain scenes made me almost drop this show. I only stuck around because the story isn't your typical sao clone.
>>
>>138182888
Kill yourself
>>
>>138182866
>Maybe something about why the fuck they're even in that place? They haven't said a word about it after the first few episodes.
It's not relevant. The story isn't about that.
>They haven't talked about the towns, areas and the number of dungeons either.
Sure they could say more about the towns, but what areas? They're always either on a random forest or Dammrow.
I don't see why they would say the number of dungeons when only one dungeon has been mentioned and for the characters it's just one underground mine.
>>
>>138182866
The problem is that it's a LN adaptation. It's not supposed to end in 12 episodes, and there's no point in revealing the biggest mistery in the series in the first Volume.
As for the second part, all the world building that is missing it's there on the LN, I guess they didn't want to make the anime a huge infodump.
Lack of internal monologues and world builing is why most LN adaptations are shit when the source material is at least ok (see: SAO)
>>
>>138182443
It's time to stop watching chinese cartoons you faggot.
>>
File: DzbpZ99.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DzbpZ99.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>138183126
>all the world building that is missing it's there on the LN
Fuck worldbuilding when you have gorgeous backgrounds like this.
>>
Has the anon who said he'd post a summary done it yet?
>>
>>138183380
This is sarcasm, right?
>>
>>138183126
>As for the second part, all the world building that is missing it's there on the LN, I guess they didn't want to make the anime a huge infodump.

This. I don't need fucking tavern/inn scenes that take over 5+ mins a episode that are shitty disguised infodumps. I felt like a good 15% of SAO was literally just them explaining how their world works. Especially since they have been in what 3+ different worlds now?

Grimgar's certainly not a great anime, but it's been decent, comfy, and has enough stupid shit that I can enjoy livewatching/discussing it.
>>
>>138184455
Nope, books and anime work differently.
If you don't have worldbuilding in a book, it's a big deal.
If you have almost no worldbuilding but outstanding backgrounds in an anime, everything is fine.
>>
>>138181385
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLGGWMYMUc
>>
>>138184399
It takes time, anon.
>>
>>138184399
In order, but not exactly by episode:

1) They wake up in a new MMO-like world for some reason, and then the worst of them form a team.

2)They talk about their lack of underwear. They also fight goblins like idiots and their healer dies.

3) They talk about the guy who died.

4) They kill goblins. They also talk about the guy who died and about their new unsociable member.

5) They kill goblins. They also talk about the guy who died and about their new unsociable member.

6) They kill goblins and talk about the guy who died and about their new unsociable member.

7) They kill goblins better. They also talk about the guy who died and to their new member who's now more sociable.

8) They kill the goblins who killed their healer. They also visit his grave and talk about him some more.
>>
>>138185738
If it's not "exactly by episode"
why did you bother making 8 points one for each episode, repeating yourself multiple times?

Why shorten the evennt of ep 1-4 in 2 points, but take 6 points to talk about ep 4-8?
>>
>>138182550
It must be cool to be young enough to think that pointless talk scenes where characters keep spitting the same empty pseudo-deep sentences for 3 minutes then repeat them in a slightly different way for 3 more minutes (muh Manato, muh suffering, muh gomen nasai, muh mendokusai), mixed with useless still frames and blanks and characters watching each others is actually characters development, lore and world building/exposition, when it's in fact a botched direction with terrible pace and rythm.
>>
File: 1455465897990.gif (776 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1455465897990.gif
776 KB, 480x270
>>138185738
AOTY material.
>>
File: 1456085078540.webm (206 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456085078540.webm
206 KB, 1280x720
We'll be continuing our Grimgar D&D tonight in about 2 hours (20:00 GMT-5). I'm full on players, but if you want to watch a bunch of /a/nons flail around and maybe die:

https://app.roll20.net/join/1252242/Y3g1Kg

They have rested in a dungeon, and might have to take on a room of 20+ goblins as a bunch of level 1s.
>>
>>138186812
>he'll die soon
>>
>>138182866

It's touched on a little in the anime, more so in the light novel, but basically whenever they try to think of "life before " their thoughts become hard to hold on to, and they eventually forget what they were thinking about and focus on other things.

My theory is that they are in a game where immersion is the intended feature. No one is actually dead, etc. However, font expect any answers until far in.
>>
>>138187160
It's not a game
>>
>>138186942
"we are only scouting the goblins!"
killing them
camping in their lair
okay
>>
>>138187740
Most of them were sleeping.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.