[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you hate this anime because /a/ told you to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
File: meme_anime.jpg (334 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
meme_anime.jpg
334 KB, 1600x1000
Did you hate this anime because /a/ told you to?
>>
File: ILoveDicks.png (323 KB, 731x640) Image search: [Google]
ILoveDicks.png
323 KB, 731x640
Fuck off.
>>
I was liking it, even though it was cliched. Then Heatcliff or whatever said "He got the double wielding special ability? That only comes to the man with the fastest reaction times in the whole server!" or something along those lines and I stopped watching.

Petty, I know, but there's a point to how many cliches I can take.
>>
>>138153021
chill, faggot. i never said i liked it.
>>
The SAO part was good then came the Alfheim, Fairies, generic villain and the overused rescue arc.
>>
>>138153324
This, though the SAO arc turned to shit with the ending, really, it could have been great but they fucked it up badly.
>>
>>138152936
I enjoyed it for what it was worth. It's not a fantastic anime nor does it have a particularly deep message but I found it entertaining and there were some interesting parts to it (at least in the first 12 episodes)
>>
it was garbage but garbage with cool fight scenes so at least there was that
>>
>>138153424
it was straight up average until yui showed up, which murdered the pacing.
>>
>>138153479
Go rewatch the fight scenes. They weren't particularly good or anything special, just a lot of switching angles fast cuts.
>>
I hated it because it was stupid
>>
I make my own decisions about the cartoons I watch.
>>
>>138152936
I hate it only because the entire concept got stupider and stupider.

>SAO
Starts out strong and then stumbles
>ALO
Starts strong but again stumbles at the end
>GGO
Once again high potential but stumbles hard once they reveal deathguns relation to sao

Only decent arc was mother rosario. And that was because they didn't go with the whole life or death game.
>>
>>138152936
the first half of each season was passable; the 2nd half of each one was geared toward girls and that type of effeminate male known in the colloquial vernacular as faggots
>>
>>138153803
>the logic is stupid
That's no reason to hate an anime
>>
>>138152936
Nope

I watched the whole thing unfortunately. It's pretty ALRIGHT right up until the climax of the very first episode in which it goes to shit, and somehow manages to get worse and worse as the series continues. It's kind of cool how you keep telling yourself this is the lowest moment for anime and then are still somehow surprised when it becomes even worse.

In this regard you can consider it a form of modern art in that it ingeniously manages to offend you over and over again.
>>
>>138153969
>That's no reason to hate an anime

It's an extremely valid reason if it causes the whole pretense of the show to fall apart instantaneously.

They would have been better off just saying LOLMAGIC than something so obviously stupid.
>>
>>138154069
Just skip the first episode if it hurts that much. There are plenty other reasons to dislike SAO.
>>
>>138154155

I didn't say it was the ONLY reason
>>
>>138152936
Have you ever met an SAO fan in real life?
>>
>>138154222
I have actually

he's a complete fucking normalfag too
>>
>>138154222
They're pretty common senpai.
>>
Don't care either way, only care for the doujins.
>>
>>138152936
Nah.

I just dropped it after the first season, because that felt like a good wrapup point and suddenly the whole "Oh no he's molestorz you're waifu" thing gave me a pretty bad vibe on where the general quality of the show was headed.
>>
Season 1 cut out or altered some stuff I was looking forward to seeing. Furthermore, most of the time, sword skills were lazily animated as flashy laser lights, which sucked.

Overall, I don't hate it, but it was pretty disappointing.
>>
>>138152936
I don't hate it nor like it.
>>
Even normalfags hate it. Go kill yourself please.
>>
>>138152936
I loved certain parts about it and hated others.

All around I thought it was pretty good. I was able to ignore Kirito being an edgy self insert perfection machine by focusing on the interesting setting.
>>
>>138153803
What's wrong with this line? I think the point he's making is the nerve gear uses electromagnetic waves to stimulate the brain. IE: Like microwaves.

If it wasn't like that then they would have had to cram some wires into their brain or have some kind of implant or cyberbrain or something.

And it seems kinda plausible that you could stimulate neurons with electromagnetism given the way neurons fire. They're using future technology so it's fine.
>>
>>138152936
I liked it. It was a good anime.
Some of the flaws /a/ said were true, but it didn't deserve as much hate.
>>
>>138152936
after reading Ready Player One all anime that develops in an mmo is shit
>>
derp_commander is either posting without his trip OR will find this thread and post in it eventually. but putting that aside: season 1 was okay with some faults here and there. part 2 is just shameless money-grabbing bullshit.
>>
>>138153894
This. It would've been just a "meh" Gary Stu anime if they'd stopped it at Episode 12. Alfheim is where people get the gather-up-all-copies-and-launch-them-into-the-sun reaction.
>>
I hate it because I hate harems
>>
>>138154222
This: >>138154273.
Normalfags seem to be all over this show for some reason.
>>
>>138152936
Almost the whole show was a pain to watch a second time but Calibur/Mothers Rosario were fun as fuck
>>
>>138152936
i liked the first season but the second season went full retard the only good bit was the bullet cutting the rest was lbgti/feminist propaganda.
>>
I haven't watched it but I say I hate it because otherwise you stupid meme fucks won't take my opinions seriously.
>>
I loved it
>>
>>138152936
I hated this before it was an anime.
>>
>>138154273
Same. This shouldn't be a surprise, though. Normalfags have shit taste.
>>
>>138152936
I didn't hate it. It wasn't great, and fairy arc was pretty bad, but hate's a pretty strong word.

People like to say stuff is either utter shit or AOTY SAEVEING ANIMU because strong opinions seem like informed opinions, especially when they are in opposition to the popular trend. But most of these tunisian zoetropes, including SAO, are really just kind of meh.
>>
>>138152936
It was fun and then I rewatched one episode and hated it.
>>
>>138152936
>/a/ shitters hate SAO
>think konosuckba is good

I dont listen to retards with bad taste, more like do the opposite of what they say.
>>
Progressive 4 when?
>>
>>138152936
No, I disliked it because I hate self inserts and because mMO'S do not work like that.
>>
File: pale rider best girl.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
pale rider best girl.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>138152936
First 12 eps were good. Then fairies appeared and things got weird. Rapey, incesty and weird. Then season 2 came around and kinda danced around the ending of season 1... Death Gun seemed cool but got dragged out with too much exposition and trying to make kirito seem relatable by giving him forced ptsd while also bumping up his harem count. Then the game went back to fairy land for side questing and i just stopped trying. A buddy says the last bit of season 2 covers Asuka and its good. Good for him.

/a/ may have shit taste but SAO shit its own pants.
>>
>>138161131
The comics i have seen look pretty low quality.
>>
>>138152936
Nope, i hate it mostly because part deux.
>>
>>138157269
Same
>>
>>138152936
I was actually enjoying the show up until they started playing house. Every episode after that was a chore to get through but I needed to finish it.
>>
>>138152936
I, like everyone else liked the beginning. It just got repetitive and unoriginal and frankly boring before it got plain irritating. If you like it through all of that then you have problems.
>>
>>138154796
>Even normalfags hate it.

The anime sections of places like Best Buy and Barnes & Noble have billboards that place Kirito right alongside the likes of Son Goku and Sailor Moon. So enough people like it.

No accounting for tastes, man.
>>
File: sword-art-online-chapter-16-5-a.jpg (406 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
sword-art-online-chapter-16-5-a.jpg
406 KB, 3000x2000
I thought it pretty fucking bad the whole way through, but i'm still fond of it.

I wonder why that is
>>
Never watched it because it looks boring and I'm not into this MMO anime stuff.
>>
Honestly, past a certain point in time, seeing Kirito in action felt the same way as walking in on some other guy spanking off. It's especially bad in the post-Aincrad source arcs.

Kirito's kind of, sort of tolerable and potentially maybe even cool if the point of view remains firmly on him. But then the books make the mistake of going into the heads of characters like Suguha and Sinon, and you can practically witness their characters withering away and being replaced with variations of "I want a taste of Kirito-kun's manhood!"
>>
>>138152936

I've marathoned it months after it was complete so I didn't have time to stop midway to think about what I saw and let it sink in much.
I went from indifference to rage and frustration a couple of times when watching it though.
It started ok but first arc ended kinda abruptly and then they started shoving way too much Asuna in your face. Then ALfheim shit happened.
I actually mostly enjoyed the gun game arc and think it was the best.
Last arc was crap too.
>>
File: 47160321_p0.jpg (197 KB, 600x841) Image search: [Google]
47160321_p0.jpg
197 KB, 600x841
>>138163945
>16.5
>>
>>138153740
Michael Baynime?
>>
If a great ending synthesizes everything great and important in a show into one moment, then an impressively bad ending clearly must embrace all that is bad in one. And Sword Art Online's ending certainly accomplishes that, offering an almost staggering demonstration of every problem the show had. If I were to sum up a shortlist of Sword Art Online's major failings, it'd probably run something like “Kirito is a bland power fantasy, all the women are helpless damsels, the writing attempts to turn hack melodrama into emotional catharsis, and the villains are all ridiculous looney tunes.” The end of the series embodies every one of these lovely quirks, featuring a scene where Kirito rushes to save a woman who's spent a good dozen episodes in a cage as the villain cackles and licks tears off of her face. Then Kirito saves the girl, and the audience is expected to cheer as he actively tortures the villain. It's a tour de force of terrible writing and downright frightening writer psychology, a very special sequence that will live in my memory long after most of Sword Art Online's other qualities have faded. I mean, tear licking. The licking of tears.
>>
>>138152936
No I hate it because it's a shitty A1 pictures show
>>
>>138152936
It would've been okay for the first arc, which they ended with both shitty MCs not dying because of mysterious plot armor instead of the Resurrection item that never gets used.

Then we start the next arc, where the character development is so shitty the villain who's already keeping a girl in a coma has to immediately start acting super rapey so we know he's bad.

It'd be a shitbox full of cliches, but it didn't even use the cliches effectively. I found it orders of magnitude more boring than Log Horizion.
>>
To be honest I haven't watched it primarily because all the things I hear about it make it sound shit
>>
>>138152936
Nah I don't hate it. I'm just indifferent.
>>
>>138153894

Wut? Alfheim was pretty sleepy in the middle. So was Mother's Rosario until the AIDS climax.
>>
I started watching it when it aired, first ep was good, then it slowly went to shit.
>>
The first arc of Sao is just as bad as the second.
>>
>>138152936
I watched it before /a/ could taint my opinion of it, and didn't mind it really. They could have done things much much better, but it was still engaging enough to watch.
ALO can piss off, though. 10/10 would watch only for the tentacles. I haven't bothered with GGO.
>>
SAO is shit but it's just shit because it's so overrated.

"W W what are you t..t..talking about anon a v.v.villain who tries to ma..ma...marry a 16 year old in a co.....coma is a good story writing. F..Fuck yo..you i wa..tched like 13 animes i kno...know that stuff. I'm an Ot..aku baka."
>>
>>138152936
I liked the fight scenes, I could care less about the story.
>>
File: [Monologue Intensifies].jpg (26 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
[Monologue Intensifies].jpg
26 KB, 500x316
>>138152936
I hate it for two reasons
1) It's so fucking popular, and it's massive success further encourages a shitty business model of spending years animating and producing a show with a shitty and/or unfinished script

2) It had honest to god potential to be a work of art, but it squandered all of said potential because the author chooses to write lowest common denominator garbage instead of a solid cohesive story
>>
>>138152936
It was alright at first. It had too much useless filler about Kirito being an untouchable badass and his boring romance with Asuna. Should have focused more on the "game" part.
>>
File: 6ABBI.jpg (90 KB, 523x720) Image search: [Google]
6ABBI.jpg
90 KB, 523x720
>>138166933
>>
File: smug3.LARGE.jpg (51 KB, 907x718) Image search: [Google]
smug3.LARGE.jpg
51 KB, 907x718
So how does it feel that an autist has a better taste of anime than you?
I bet you fap to Kirito trap doujinshis,
>>
No.

I didn't mind the fight scenes. They were at least well done enough that I could find enjoyment in them at least.

I dislike it because while the first 14 episodes at half decent, i.e. the actual death game, the real Sword Art Online, and it's interesting to watch. But it passes too fast, and the MC is too much of a, "lel plot armour break code, win the world".
The rest of the show is just bullshit in other worlds with no real consequence.

It gains too much popularity for being so dull.
>>
>>138155188
Nah they should have just stuck it with
>It's magic I am not going to explain this shit

But they just had to make some retarded logic.
>If you remove the helmet you die
Alright how about we just remove the battery charger of the helmet instead.

>B-but it has a battery inside
Well then how about we just wait for the battery to run out then retard.

Even a fucking monkey can solve this shit.

Seriously it's that fucking simple.
>>
Log Horizon is better on the fact that it generally explains the mechanics without ambiguity.
also DATABASE
>>
>>138152936
Because it's awful.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.