[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would a company sell a product capable of completely fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
Why would a company sell a product capable of completely fucking you up when they have no clue how the underlying tech works? Did nobody call them out on this?
>>
>>138123073
>why would a company want money
>>
Part of the fucking show is the company attempting to cover it up, so I doubt anyone was capable of calling them out.
>>
>>138123331
I just find it hard to believe that nobody reverse engineered the glasses and discovered its flaws, considering that glasses tech is radically different from all the other technology they seem to have.
>>
>>138123073
A lot of companies do this IRL
>>
>>138123073
>Why would a company sell a product capable of completely fucking you up when they have no clue
How naive.

>A company would sell a product capable of completely fucking you up when they fucking knew it all already for money
ftfy
>>
>>138123073
>no clue how the underlying tech works
You really have no idea do you?
>>
>>138123980
>>138123073
Oh wow, your naivete sounds very Japanese. I'd rate you a 7.6/10 in the weaboo scale.
>>
>>138123073
Why would a company sell
>cigarettes
>asbestos
>formaldehyde noodles
>melamine milk
>actual people
>>
>>138123073
>Radium was once an additive in products such as toothpaste, hair creams, and even food items due to its supposed curative powers.
>>
>>138124741
>>138124756
It's even worse for tech. For a long time, people had no idea how small scale electronics worked, they probably only pretend to do so now. Programmers who think they know what they're doing, are mostly lying to themselves. And don't even start on what people call AI.
>>
>>138125021
I am a programmer and unless you mean undocumented behaviour of closed-source components you are retarded. Programming is just math.
>>
>>138125225
>Programming is just math.
Not even close. If you think lambda calculus forms any kind of real model for programming, you're sorely deluded. If only for the fact that everyone fudges things at the requirements stage.
>>
>>138125342
What do incorrect requirements have to do with craftsman (not) understanding how his tools work?
>>
>>138125589
Because believe it or not you actually need a craftsman there to get anything done. You can't just exclude all of the opening conditions, that's like setting up contradictory axioms. Even if I could convince you that code wasn't even close to mathematics, the fact remains that programming entails a lot more than coding.
>>
>>138125669
Anon, I will not argue with you about electronics because that's way out of my area of expertise, nor am I going to assume I know more than you about AI, after all "machine learning" and deduction was but a small part of my cs masters degree and I did not study it deep enough; but anon, don't explain to full time code monkey wageslave what programming is.
>>
How about because you're a fucking moron
That's why

I mean when has a company ever sold something that has a small chance of being hazardous?
>>
>>138125851

>codemonkey wageslave
>thinks he knows shit about programming
>>
>>138123073
They explain it in the manga.
>>
>>138126705
Well shit, I didn't even know there was a manga. Is it decent or is the show better to stick with?
>>
>>138123073
This pretty much how most tech companies operate.

Source: I work for government IT.
>>
>>138129120
I flipped through it years back, it's not considered canon. One of those "let's have a manga while the anime airs" deal.
>>
>>138123980
>>138123073

This is actually explained by the show thematically

You see, when cyberspace was created, it actually took the place of the supernatural plane, giving it form.

This is never explicitly stated, but present in the atmosphere, and is the only logical interpretation for some of the events that transpire. such as Densuke's ghost, or the real cats feeling the lresence of/hanging out with cybercats

Dennou Coil is fucking perfect Sci-fi, and a highly religious experience. (They use the Toori as a safe space)
>>
>>138123073
>Why would a company sell a product capable of completely fucking you up when they have no clue how the underlying tech works?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide
>>
>>138123073
The short answer to things like this is that access to dangerous products like that is literally natural selection.
>>
>I mean when has a company ever sold something that has a small chance of being hazardous?
all the fucking time, also China
>>
>>138123073
That's pretty much how most medicine works.
>>
>>138129687
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EViyccc2t9w

Relevant.
Chinese saftey standards.
>>
>>138129776
The assblasting chair is scarier since you don't have to plug the thing.
>>
>>138123073
>would a company sell a product capable of completely fucking you up when they have no clue how the underlying tech works

That is a pretty good description of every pharmaceutical company ever.

Google Thalidomide.
It was considered 'license to print money' while it lasted, you know.
>>
>>138123073

>>138124741
>>138129557
>>138131249
/a/, where your trust in the modern and progressive is dispelled.

On a separate note, Dennou Coil had many merits, but the one I value most highly was this beautiful ballad from Ikeda Ayako:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4voYknZ-_p4
>>
>>138131452
Such a nice song to close it off.
>>
>>138131452
プリズム was fantastic as well.
The musical output of the anime industry is rather amazing when you compare it to other forms of animation and live action shows broadcast on TV.
>>
>>138131452
>>138131498
>>138131665
The opening was great as well, especially the first 30 seconds which fit the mood perfectly.
>>
>>138123073
Welcome to real life.
>>
>>138132263
The beginning really captured the melancholy.

>>138129353
>and a highly religious experience. (They use the Toori as a safe space)
Interesting.
>>
>>138123073
>Why would a company sell a product capable of completely fucking you up when they have no clue how the underlying tech works

This is exactly what companies do when they sell antidepressants and other similar drugs, yet nobody gives a fuck because they work (usually). It may not be as exciting as magic technology glasses, but it's pretty much the same thing since we only have vague ideas about why these drugs might do what they do, maybe.
>>
Dennou Coil is one of those anime you don't get away from unscathed. It's a fucking experience.
>>
>>138135465
True, using technology to tell a story that human is what all sci-fi should strive to do. Most sci-fi works just get too caught up in worldbuilding instead of sending a strong message.
>>
>>138136299
What is the message of this show?
>>
>>138123073
>What is real life.
>>
>>138123073
This happens in real world.
>>
>>138137188
There are several and they are so obvious spoonfeeding isn't an option.
>>
>>138131452
The whole soundtrack was consistently great and very fitting.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.