[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mayoiga, a show that airs in a month, opens crowdfunding campaign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: Mayoiga-720x1061.jpg (175 KB, 720x1061) Image search: [Google]
Mayoiga-720x1061.jpg
175 KB, 720x1061
Mari Okada + Mizushima Tsutomu's Diomedea anime airing Spring, Mayoiga, opened a crowdfunding campaign to raise 3,330,000 yen (US$29,500) to support the show's production. The show premieres at the start of April. This is certainly a first.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-29/mayoiga-original-tv-anime-begins-crowdfunding/.99226

inb4 Jiggly Jiggly Heaven
>>
Why did you link fucking ANN instead of the kickstarter.
>>
Sometimes I forget how niche anime is. I mean Jesus Christ 30 grand and it airs in a month fucking desperate.
>>
>>138067906
More information in English since most anons can't into moonrunes

Here is the "kickstarter" though: https://www.makuake.com/project/mayoiga/
>>
>>138067818
>shit studio
>hack writer
>hack director

So this wants to out-trainwreck kizaniver, huh?
>>
>>138067818
>good director and writer
Picked up.
>>
>>138068006
At least Kiznaiver is fully funded by sponsors.

Kabaneri was the popular choice for production mess because Wit Studio memes but Mayoiga is having to kickstart the rest of its production.
>>
>>138068224
>Wit Studio memes
>Not Trigger
>>
>>138067818
I don't think it's to "support production". $29,500 is probably barely enough to fund the OP/ED or whatever.

I'm guessing it's just another of Pony Canyon's experiments, just like the Etotama blurays they released two weeks after the premiere or that contest where they let anyone pitch an anime idea.
>>
What happens if they don't get the money?
>>
>>138067818
sounds like a buswreck waiting to happen
>>
>>138072039
The show gets canceled and they replace it with Ika S3.
>>
>>138067818
So is this some literal down-to-the-wire "Final product sent to station a few hours before the airing time" kind of thing and they ran out of money?

Or are they just experimenting to see other ways they can get money out of the late night crowd that isn't just spending money on overpriced Blu-Rays?
>>
>>138067818
I wish I had the money already. Damnit.
>>
>>138070664
Probably this.
>>
>>138072346
westerners don't buy blu rays

so maybe this is a way for westerners to give money to projects they like
>>
>>138067980
Rewards:
>3,000yen
- Wallpaper drawn by the character designer
- Web radio access
- Special edition book with production materials
>8,000yen
- Name in Blu-ray credits (volume 1 only)
- Copy of the first episode's script
- Final episode pre-air event access
>40,000yen
- Tour around the animation studio
- Exclusive T-shirt
- Name in Blu-ray credits (all volumes)
>80,000yen
- Attend wrap-up party
- Exclusive drama CD
- Special illustrated badge for special access to events
>400,000yen
- Another special badge - I'm shit at moon (and English) so I can't go into details, but it's supposed to be better than the one in the previous tier
Mystery bus trip with the VAs and anime staff
- Set of 30 key animation sheets
- Participate in drama CD character casting
>>
>>138073861
I want to go on Okada's mystery trip.
>>
>>138067818
>airs in a month
>opens crowdfunding campaign
Isn't that pertty bad? Like "we blew our whole budget on hentai, alcohol, weed and hookers and anime premiere is in a month" kind of bad?
>>
>>138073861
Doesn't a complete BD set of a series cost about 40,000 yen? If I were a Japanese otaku who bought BDs I'd totally go for that tier because a tour of the animation studio sounds sweet, better than owning the show.

Well, I guess I'm not all that interested in touring Diomedea actually but if it were a better studio I would be.
>>
>>138074206

If it were a better studio it wouldn't have this problem at all.
>>
WOWOW and shitty productions seem to g hand in hand.
>>
>>138074547
>WOWOW
Wait a minute. They're crowdfunding an anime for a fucking pay channel?
>>
>>138074663
http://mayoiga.tv/introduction/#onair
>>
>>138074184
I figure the show can still go on without it, but you'd get a Wizard Barristers finale or something like it without the additional fund.
>>
>>138074838
>>138074547
Nah, if they actually had serious production problems they would be trying to hide the shit out of them in true Nipponese fashion instead.

I do think they are already expecting it to flop horribly and are trying to get extra cash from somewhere else though.
>>
>>138073861
>not hanging out with Mari Okada and Kantoku
Shit rewards.
>>
>>138073861
>>138074206
>80,000円コース(税込)
>残り147個
And there already 3 people bought the 80,000yen package.
>>
>>138076509
I wouldn't mind seeing this system being implemented by more shows. I don't give much fucks about Mayoiga, but having the option of contributing in some way and getting some exclusive rewards doesn't sound too bad compared to importing their overpriced BDs. As long as the tiers are priced reasonably that is.
>>
>>138077122
This. It's pretty much the answer to "I wish I could pay the studio directly instead of having middle men get all the profits"
>>
Calm the fuck down. Crowdfunding has just become another way for corporations to secure pre-sales. Nothing to see here.
>>
>>138075847
>>flop horribly

How do you figure that? They have a top shelf writer and director.
>>
>>138079810
Mizushima is a legit good director, but he's terrible with serious shows. Okada is just Okada.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.