[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, is Blood-Iron Orphans the best mobile suit gundam or what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
So, is Blood-Iron Orphans the best mobile suit gundam or what?

>Engrossing characters
>Story that makes sense AND is entertaining
>Brothers in arms
>MC that gets shit done
>Awesome supporting cast
>Slick gundam design and battles
>>
>>138040205

Fuck
>Iron-blooded orphans
>>
It's Iron Blooded Aldnoah Orphans.
>>
>>138040418
It's not that bad, yet.

Surprise brothers are one thing, but if they don't introduce one TWO EPISODES before the finale just to tie up plot strings then they've beat AZ in that regard.
>>
>Engrossing characters
Eh. I don't really care for any of them.

Fumitan, Biscuit, and Guts' brother dying were way too obvious though.
>>
>>138040630

Just because they were obvious doesn't get rid of the impact. The brother was kind of whatever, but the funeral scene after was really great.

I absolutely didn't want Fumitan to die even though I knew she had to.
>>
File: GUNDAM.jpg (2 MB, 3124x2292) Image search: [Google]
GUNDAM.jpg
2 MB, 3124x2292
>>
>>138040205
It's the best non GBF Gundam since 00, but overall is pretty average. At least it's better than Age, Try, and G-Reco.
>>
>>138040205
>Story that makes sense
I'm sorry, are we talking about the same story where the enemy soldiers didn't even know what their capture target looks like?
>>
>>138041541
>Being able to tell the difference between one backwater hick and another

You're asking too much of random foot soldiers.
>>
>>138040205
>engrossing characters
the characters are still as autistic as ever
>>
File: trying not to laugh.png (183 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
trying not to laugh.png
183 KB, 500x500
I dropped it after like nine episodes. I just couldn't stomach the ridiculous idea of a group of child soldiers not only being: lucid, not drug addicted, well adjusted, trained to operate heavy armor, and not just used as infantry cannon fodder; AND that they also were able to overthrow a large number of adult professional soldiers with virtually no blood shed. I can stand magic robots, anime cliches out the ass, and the power of friendship, but that broke my suspension of disbelief so hard I could hear it snapping.

And I know I dropped it fairly early, but the story didn't even make sense at the time. Just how exactly was this teenage girl supposed to negotiate a beneficial arrangement for Mars? She was abandoned by her government, her father, the head of that government, had disowned her and tried to have her killed, and her only direct support was a group of child soldiers that had committed treason and went AWOL.

And maybe they got better later on, but the characters were the same stupid recycle anime cliches with a couple of different designs slapped on. The most interesting character was the mechanic dad figure, and not only was he was barely in the goddamn show, but he was just the "tough and gruff man who loves kids with his heart of gold".
>>
>>138042004
>Just how exactly was this teenage girl supposed to negotiate a beneficial arrangement for Mars?

This is what I actually wondered as well. This line is literally all she was able to say before the dude she met up with told her he had no power to change anything.
>>
>>138042004
>Not infantry cannon fodder
Literally exactly what they were

>Large number of professional soldiers
Literally 10 soldiers that had their meal drugged. 2 of them were shot.

>Teenage girl
She's the voice of the rebels from an influential mars family. She was in talks with one of the four major earth governments. This is the entire plot of the show. She was never disowned, what are you talking about.

>Committed treason and went AWOL
Again, what the fuck are you talking about? Are you sure you watched 9 episodes of this anime? The tekkadan is a PMC. They are not part of any army.

Are you actually retarded enough to not have understood the plot to this anime? Now I'm questioning whether I'm just reply to some stupid copy-pasta.
>>
>>138042640
>getting this mad that other people didn't like your below average anime
>being this desperate to invent reasons that the show was good
>even pretending the dad didn't allow the daughter's assassination because it was politically convenient

Wow man, this is a terminal level of fanboyism.
>>
I'm just glad they killed the fat emo guy.
>>
File: 1395896287509.png (72 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1395896287509.png
72 KB, 200x200
>>138042898
>Unable to understand the most basic plot points of an anime

So this is what actual retardation looks like
>>
>>138042287
I highly doubt she was ever really supposed to negotiate any sort of deal. She's just a convenient figure head that was meant to be assassinated to incite a rebellion. The only reason anyone knows who she is is because the powers at be are spreading her name for their own gain.
>>
>>138043042
Man, you're desperate. It's ok, me thinking it sucked doesn't mean you can't like it still.
>>
>>138043154
>opinions

That's well and dandy, but you're just wrong about many of the plot points of the show.

Do not have the mental capacity to be able to separate an opinion from a fact?
>>
>>138040630
Wait, biscuit dead?? How?
>>
>>138043302
>still pretending like what I said isn't true

Ok man.
>>
>>138040205
It really is? Watched only the first episode and thought it's boring.
>>
>>138043415
I'm not sure what you think is true other than that the dad sold her out to be assassinated and that the tekkadan is made up of child soldiers?
>>
>>138043485
It actually has a plot beyond just "Royal family is pitted against another royal family while local farm boy magically has the power to control the one machine able to turn the tide of an entire war".

It's what the 08th MS team tried to do.
>>
File: 1453741071412.jpg (25 KB, 934x284) Image search: [Google]
1453741071412.jpg
25 KB, 934x284
IBO a shit.
>>
>>138040630
All the Biscuit death flags in the episode was actually hilarious.
>>
>>138042004

>inb4 I was pretending to be retarded
>>
>>138040205
Horrible bait.

Also, does Biscuit's family have the worst luck? How long until Cookie and Cracker get chewed up and spit out?
>>
File: 1447133415073.jpg (100 KB, 936x717) Image search: [Google]
1447133415073.jpg
100 KB, 936x717
>>138044107
>Implying Chocolate Man isnt on the way back to Mars to add them to his harem now that Biscuit is kill
>>
File: Disgusted.gif (3 MB, 415x212) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted.gif
3 MB, 415x212
>>138040205
Is this your first time watching a Gundam show?
>>
>>138043685
>Royal family
Gjallarhorn and the Seven Stars
>against royal family
Martian princess and subfaction in Seven Stars
>Local farm boy
Muh poor orphans
>Magically has the power to control the one machine
Only person to ever survive getting three Alaya-Vagina implants
>>
>>138043397
by putting all the deathflags since the first minute of last episode
>>
>>138041520

I liked Try but I agree with you.

This is definitely not the worst gundam ever and it's not all that boring but it feels a lot different from all the other series and not in a bad way.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.