[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What ever happened to night shift /a/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: Юлия и Данил.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
Юлия и Данил.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
What ever happened to night shift /a/?
>>
It was replaced by
>TFW no gf
>sadfrog
>That feel.jpg
And all the cancer around it.
>>
>>138001931
I was just lurking on /a/ when it hit me and I made this thread, though. /a/ used to be a lot better at night -- still shit by classic standards, but the 'board culture' was noticeably different at night than at day.

Mods pls don't delete this thread just because it's about /a/.. but I used to get decent recs at night and a different, more laid back discussion. Was I projecting? Did anyone else feel this way? Is it gone? Now the 'general' threads last 24/7 and there's not as many interesting threads at any time you're on here.
>>
>>138001997
It's gone.
>>
>>138001891
It's gone like a lot of good things. Some anons are trying to bring the board back. Don't give up hope yet.
>>
>>138001931
No it's not replaced by that at all, that's just something you're salty about. I bet you're one of those retarded fucks who thinks everything he doesn't like is either /pol/ or /v/.

>>138001891
The real answer is this place got even more retarded than it already was.
>>
>>138001997
We had a thread a couple weeks ago.

It's just bigger now so the mods are more vigilant.
>>
Darks took it with him when he left.
>>
>>138001891
We got too many people from too many time zones. There's a much less noticeable night, and also off-topic newfags have gotten so common and obnoxious that people are no longer willing to just let it slide every so often like they used to.
>>
>>138001997
The nature of the site has just gotten more organized and less open to freeform stuff as we get bigger. It's why ronery threads are now disliked, it's why undying generals with their own communities abound, it's why OC and thread topics more specific than "Anime show episode X" are scarce.
>>
Just remember we're still around.
>>
>>138003496
Not all of us. A lot of us are dead and gone now.
>>
>>138003394
ronery threads were always disliked by users and deleted by janitors, you just have to be subtle about it and get your discussion in before too many people notice. That's how it's always worked.

Now is anyone actually gonna talk in this thread of just bitch about how we never have these threads any more (despite being in one)
>>
>>138003673
No, because we're trying to be subtle by being subversive and you're ruining it.
>>
>>138003650
Yeah. Too bad we don't have the power to change /a/.
>>
>>138001891
There was never one in the first place. You know, timezones.
>>
>>138004917
North America makes up like 50% of our population. It at least makes a difference.
>>
>>138005203
East coast is best coast. California sucks.
>>
>>138005510
Well EST is what 4chan time goes by so I agree with that.

Does it suck? I wanna move from NJ to Cali someday.
>>
I'd be in again, but I'm from the wrong timezone for this. ;_;
>>
>>138005203
>tfw Australia makes up 90% of the banter and shitposting of 4chan

Feels good.
>>
File: 1320205662525.jpg (542 KB, 2408x2349) Image search: [Google]
1320205662525.jpg
542 KB, 2408x2349
>>138001997
I'm about to sleep and far too tired to elaborate greatly, but I could probably write a damn essay on our decline.
A tl;dr version is:
>oldfag mods leaving
>constant influx from reddit and the like of people that want to adapt /a/ to their vision
>death of lurk more due to oldfags being vastly outnumbered
>many oldfags leaving for tohno, 8ch, and the like
>oldfag mods that left replaced, quite often with actual tumblr shitters
>global modding means crossboarders with no knowledge of our tradition start killing things that were once explicitly or implicitly allowed, though technically breaking site rules
>with newfags the majority, old standbys like daily cirno and nightly imouto threads are now reported until new mods delete
>throughout it all, a lack of transparent moderation such as very rare public bans for shitposting or two way communication with staff

There's surely plenty I'm forgetting in my tired, sedated state but that's the worst of it. As I recall it all started going downhill when /b/'s shenanigans brought national media attention to 4chan.
Eventually there came a point when the old 'lurk more' crowd was replaced by newfags who wanted to turn /a/ into reddit 2.0 and sure enough they've mostly succeeded.
>>138003394
Just as this guy realized. Sure we had to put up with things like Komeji, Pork Ranger, and the like shitting up threads but it was better just for the fun and surprises that spontaneous and free culture allowed.
For example, shit like this would never be allowed to cap.
I wish Hiro would just make /ab/ - Anime/Random so we could go back to the old times and the reddit crowd could stay here and get what they want.
Fuck I hate what they did to us. The worst part is it probably could've been stopped years ago with mods being more active and much more vocal.
And now I'm all worked up when I should be in bed.
>>
>>138006081
>I wish Hiro would just make /ab/ - Anime/Random
That's what /a/ mostly is nowadays, /b/-tier.
>>
It died in like 2008. Also, timezones matter less since threads last linger than they used to. The bump limit was only like 250. These days you can go to sleep and wake up and the same threads are still up.
>>
>>138006298
I guess what I want is the spirit of the site before 06 or so. Random is the first word to come to mind, but it's more that we were far more chill, aside from occasional gb2gaia and lurk more as needed for newfags.
Now it's like the new folks think having a stick up your ass about everything is required for posting, and God help you if you deviate from the site rules even slightly.
I just don't see any way to salvage it now but I can't bring myself to leave. Guess I'm just living in the past.
>>
>>138006461
>random is the first word to come to mind
that's simply not going to fly anymore. With the current crowd loosened rules would have the board devolve into a literal blog. Can you imagine how many loosely anime related straight up 3DPD shit would get posted? It's bad enough as it is.
>>
>>138006567
Nothing a good gore or CP dump couldn't fix. You could probably cleanse the entire board actually if you were willing to spend a few months doing nothing but typing up captcha.
>>
>>138006955
/b/ is <------------ that way
>>
>>138006996
Nothing wrong with a bit of chemo, unless you happen to be cancer.
>>
It has always been shit, but it was YOUR kind of shit so your blame it on the new people. It's the usual nostalgiafaggotry we see with back in my days and shit, only in a slightly different clothing. Get over it.
>>
>>138001891
The board culture has changed. We went from being ronery, to being hatefully misogynist, to being apathetic and dismissive in regards to 3D.
>>
>at night
What is that suppose to mean? There are people from more than one time zone.
>>
>>138007888
But 2016 /a/ loves 3D.
>>
>>138008264
No, 2016 /a/ does not. You could try starting a thread about it and see what happens for yourself.
>>
>>138008141
Now, yes, there are more people from different time zones. Back in the day, it was like /a/ is running on the American clock (in general. America does have a few time zones) and all the others followed suit, especially the Asians and SEAmonkeys who were told to lurk moar and were too timid to trudge into American-day territory. Heck, even the Europoors were compliant to this unspoken rule of being chill at night. RIP old /a/
>>
>>138008141
Board time, i.e. US east coast; the slot 06:00 to 09:00 UTC used to the chillest time of day, ten years ago, maybe even five years ago.
>>
>>138008603
It already changed five years ago. Was here from 2008 to 2010. Took a year off due to my hectic job. Came back in 2011, and it wasn't the same since
>>
>>138006081
I feel like I still see shit like pic related as often as ever, though it does tend to get buried by generals.
But I have hope: I feel that we're in a transition period right now, whose end result will be that the generals themselves become established enough that they serve as mini-boards. If you get 100 anons funposting in a general for a show they've all seen, that's not too far off from what this place looked like when it started: 100 goons and that Mott (?) guy funposting about the five anime they've all seen. The global mods might prune off-topic threads from the catalog, but they're not going to wade through a Lucky Star thread looking for rule violations, and the communities will be small enough that the jokes have some space to breathe. Then everything will have come full circle.
>>
>>138008729
That's awful, I don't want to browse dozens of permanent "mini-boards".
>>
>>138001997
>/a/ used to be a lot better at night
it's always night somewhere on earth anon
>>
File: 31436406106.png (238 KB, 524x406) Image search: [Google]
31436406106.png
238 KB, 524x406
>>138006019
Between 10pm and early morning Australian time (east coast) was when the legacy boards tended to become comfy and have the more intimate discussions. Not so much any more. It kind of feels like being on an island that is slowly sinking into the ocean but you're stranded and all you can do is sit back and get drunk as the sun peters away into the ocean with the only remaining warmth shuffling about as an ethyl memory in the bloodstream.

The waters are warm, anon, stretching long into the hours of sky.
http://d.d.doushio.com/yukko/
>>
>>138001997
>at night
>pls
>recs

As a foreigner I'm aways curious about this: are all Amerifats this retarded?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.