[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck did they leave Johan Liebert in a normal hospital
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: Johan.jpg (6 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
Johan.jpg
6 KB, 260x194
Why the fuck did they leave Johan Liebert in a normal hospital with no security guard and no restraints? It's like they wanted him to escape and kill more people
>>
milanga is that you?
>>
>>137972651
Lets talk about the Monster ending overall.

I am still wondering what it means.
>>
>>137973966
It isn't supposed to mean anything.
It's over. Johan lost, Tenma was right. People moved on with their lives.
>>
>>137972651
Because he was in a coma you twit.
>>
>>137974873
He should still be in restraints in case he wakes up.
More importantly, Tenma saw him wake up, and he presumably didn't leave the hospital without telling anyone. So after that some kind of security measure SHOULD have been taken, but Johan apparently just walks out.
>>
>>137972651
Because they thought Johan was overrated shit.
>>
>>137975036
You can't put restraints on a bedridden man because they can't tell you when circulation is cut off, and with time the pressure from the bondage will cause asphyxiation to limbs. This is the same concept that you have to flip over patients and massage, wash, and oil their backs to prevent bedsores and infections.
>>
>>137974227
Johan escaped, as if he never existed, at the same time the chapter is named "The True Monster". That ought to mean something.
>>
>>137972651
What would happen if Johan were sent to prison? He'd probably make the inmates kill the guards, each other or themselves, after which he'd be put in solitary confinement for the rest of his days
>>
Can a man that just awoke from a coma actually walk? Leave a hospital?

That's strange.
>>
>>137975871
Johan is basically a Mary Sue in villain form. He can do anything, manipulate anyone, kill anyone and go anywhere and never get caught
>>
>>137975871
I don't think so because muscle structure would degenerate making walking impossible. But training even during the patients coma would be possible. I don't know what is the norm.
>>
>>137975871
Nigga can convice you to literally kill yourself

I don't think walk after a coma is harder than that.
>>
>>137975271
Yes you can. They do it in thousands of prisons every day. They have special restraints. It's not like they'd be chains or shackles.
>>
>>137975871
Venom snake did it while being shot at and set on fire.
>>
Wait, people in this thread actually think Johan left the hospital and it wasn't just a ambiguous symbolism?
>>
>>137976725
I think it was symbolism. But a symbol for what?

Why is the last chapter named as it is named? I think that is the key.
>>
>>137976431
Everyday in prison for a short period of time that range at most to several days to whom most are conscious and are able to convey discomfort or pain.. You never do this to a coma patient.
>>
>>137976431
Also I don't think you understand how constricting any type of restraint with the intention of binding are. Also how after time most restraints gradually tightens around the restrained.
>>
>>137977050
Is barred windows and a dead bolted door really too much to ask for? If Jeffery Dahmer or Ted Bundy fell into a coma at the time of their arrest a doubt they'd get anything less than an armed guard 24/7.
>>
>>137975036
Tenma didn't see him wake up, that was a vision, how did you misinterpret that scene so badly?
>>
>>137977140
You don't really understand that you can always have an ankle restraint that's connected to a fixed object in the room.
>>
>>137977260
There's a sequel novel where Johan is a salaryman years after his escape.
>>
File: 2586823300.jpg (17 KB, 460x346) Image search: [Google]
2586823300.jpg
17 KB, 460x346
>>137976725
>Wait, people in this thread actually think Johan left the hospital and it wasn't just a ambiguous symbolism?
>>
>>137975538
Human nature is a monster more frightening than any beast or demon.
>>
>>137977303
Once again, you don't want to use restraint on a coma patient.

http://www.criticalcarecanada.com/presentations/2012/restraint_use_in_the_icu.pdf

Here's an example of documentation on restraint use on patients. The stance most doctors have is if at all possible restraints should not be used. It creates unnecessary complications and liability for the hospitals.

>>137977226
A hospital isn't going to add additional security like that for someone who's in a weakened state. If they weren't in a weakened state they would be at the prison infirmary or ward. But the prison cannot infirm coma patients because they lack the necessary staff and equipment.

Security in hospitals compared to prison is always lax, this is the reason many high profile cases has the convict fake injury or sickness to get hospitalized outside of a prison.
>>
>>137975538
Johan escaped but the chapter name referred to Johan's mother who had preferential love.
>>
In certain cultures is customary to open the window in a room a person dies in so their souls can depart.
>>
>>137975538

Would this be more referring to people just up and forgetting about him and what he did once he was out of sight/mind in the same way they forgot/ignored the initial causes of his warped psychology?

Sort of an evil flourishing because of silent good men?

Tenma was anything but silent, and so fought evil, but the evil wasn't vanquished because people just stopped caring?

Kinda "fighting criminals instead of crime"?
>>
>>137977604
This is a serial killer mass murderer
This was 1998 Germany. Not 2012 lawsuit-prone America. There would be no liabilities. Johan is in a stable coma. Something like an ankle bracelet wouldn't do shit. That's like saying patients shouldn't wear clothing because it'd create complications.

Posting guards on Johan is the obvious decision. He's not in a "weakened state" they just can't hold him at the prison because he hasn't been taken to trial yet.
>>
>>137977777
Five sevens seem to confirm.

>>137975538

So my new version explaining this chapter name is - the real monster is death.

Johan talked a lot about death. Tenma didn't manage to save him a second time, so Johan passed away.

The dialogue only happened in Tenmas tired mind.
>>
File: serves.png (136 KB, 975x531) Image search: [Google]
serves.png
136 KB, 975x531
>>137977777
What a waste of quints.
>>
>>137972651
He was comatose.

Comatose people that were shot into the head don't tend to run away from hospital rooms.
>>
>>137977891
And there lies the problem. He wasn't formerly convicted. He's in a coma. You can't restrain a "supposed suspect". Also most doctors have ethics and moral along the lines of the Hippocratic Oath it would be against a lot of doctor's personal opinion to restrain a coma patient for extended periods of time or at all. Most people aren't gonna think anyone in a full blown coma would be able to just walk the fuck off after waking up.

At this point I suppose you're gonna ask the question once again, why didn't they restrain Johan, when a social, logical, and ethical standpoint deemed there was no need for it. In reality what Johan did would have been extraordinary and reflect on his sheer willpower or ability to recover at an amazing rate. Dude just wakes up from a coma, shakes it off and leaves.

Normal people, even serial mass murderers, wouldn't be in shackles 24/7. You've been watching too much Hannibal Lecter.
>>
>>137977975
Have you ever read a Naoki Urasawa manga? Like ever? His format is almost like a police procedural show. Don't you think it would be strange if you were watching Law & Order and all of a sudden all these hallucinations started ambiguously tying into the plot?

Naoki doesn't do abstract symbolism that breaks the 4th wall, only concrete symbolism in objects and events.
>>
File: GPS-Ankle-Bracelet-for-Kids.jpg (52 KB, 580x454) Image search: [Google]
GPS-Ankle-Bracelet-for-Kids.jpg
52 KB, 580x454
>>137978461
There's insurmountable evidence against Johan. If he were awake he'd be in a maximum security lockup with no chance of bail. You can treat suspects with the same sort of restraining as a convict would get depending on the evidence.

Everyone that's familiar with Johan's crimes would know that he can shrug off a coma. They could've even put an ankle monitor on him for fuck's sake.
>>
>>137978773
Ankle bracelets weren't adopted in Europe at that time for the most part.
>>
>>137978896
They started being used in 1983.
>>
>>137978622
I don't think that the format is as dry and straightforward as you make it out to be.

The flashback of Tenma's childhood, amongst many others, serves no plot purpose. The Liebert twins constantly remember things, including false memories.
>>
>>137978963
They were late adopted in most of Europe after 2000. In 1983 it was primarily tested regionally in USA. Also once again you wouldn't put something like that on a coma patient because most sane people who are not paranoid wouldn't expect someone like that to walk off.

You talk a lot of precaution in hindsight that you cannot justify at the time of the event.
>>
>>137979046
It really is though. Flashbacks serve as exposition and for entertainment purposes, also a preamble to easy the reader into the mood of the coming chapters. There are no elements of illusionary symbolism because the manga isn't from the perspective of a character but rather a birds eye view.
>>
File: b-inspector-lunge.jpg (128 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
b-inspector-lunge.jpg
128 KB, 640x480
>>137979086
>most sane people who are not paranoid wouldn't expect someone like that to walk off.

Did you forget the entire manga? Where there are literally dozens of people with rightful reasons to be excessively paranoid of Johan? Because they've seen what he's done and how often he's escaped their grasp, it seems ridiculous how lax the security was.

Also Lunge is going to go insane after the ending because he'll spend the rest of his life tracking down Johan once again due to his functional autism.
>>
>>137979309
I will agree with you about that. Also Lunge was probably that paranoid that he wanted Johan stuck in a padded room with the key thrown out. We have the benefit of seeing all the evidence but all other people are regular people treating Johan like a regular criminal. Only the involved characters and us as the reader has the benefit of seeing Johan as a monster.
>>
File: 1452988744023.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1452988744023.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
This thread is full of autism holy shit
>>
>>137979473
I'm sorry, I just hate hearing people talk about restraining people for long periods of time like it's normal. Childhood trauma, and now trying to get into nursing.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.