[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i think people are being too harsh on phantom world. imo kyoani
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
i think people are being too harsh on phantom world. imo kyoani has always been a studio focusing on quirky characters rather than a profound story...

and that is exactly what we get here. as with past shows, the setting is only a means to provide the characters with opportunities to act out their roles. so in-depth analysis of the world obviously won't happen. and the fanservice is definitely a step-up compared to past kyoani projects; evident when looking at mai's proportions. pared with the high production values this makes for rather nice ecchi despite lacking all too much skin exposure. and some ideas like the singing flamethrower girl were even somewhat funny.

so if you take the show as it was meant to be seen, namely a silly, umcomplicated story, you might even have fun watching it. everything obviously my personal opinion...
>>
its shit
>>
>>137956261
/thread
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>
File: 114335677.gif (498 KB, 405x228) Image search: [Google]
114335677.gif
498 KB, 405x228
>>137956261
>>137957123
>>137957303
>>
>>137958995
Seriously though Phantom World is one of KyoAni's weakest shows in recent years, perhaps on par with Kyoukai. It has nice animation and nice music, but it has poor pacing, poor writing, "fanservice" which is rather tame, and unrelatable characters. I know it's a meme here to say that Koito's a shit but arguably most of the show is shit as well.
>>
The problem is not the story, the problem is that everything is badly written. The setting, the exposition, the characters, their interactions, everything.

The world doesn't need to be in-depth, but it could make more sense than: a terrorist attack caused something that somehow made people see ghosts (who for some reason have an electronic/virtual look) and now some guys have super powers (which are never explored at all except in the Koito episode where they were handled stupidly) and are controlled by schools.

This world is not credible, it's not interesting, and it's basically a bad copy of the X-men idea.
>>
>>137959087
If you want relatable characters, watch SAO or Rakudai.
>>
>>137956164
I would consider finishing it if they removed Koito, loli and the MC.
>>
>>137956164
I guess I'm one of the few shit taste irredeemable enough to actually enjoy this
>>
Really not sure what you came looking for if you're watching an adaptation of a generic battle harem LN and getting mad it's not a literary classic.
>>
>>137960898
>phantom
>battle harem
>>
>>137959087
Coming from a moron like yourself, who unironically thinks Shakugan no Shana is a great anime, your critique is laughably worthless.
>>
>>137963058
>Shakugan no Shana
>great anime

For real? I never thought tripfags would stood so low.
>>
>people DEFENDING phantom world
fucking modern kyoani and modern kyoanifags
>>
>>137963358
Like OP said, people are being too harsh, it's not good but saying it's shit when things like Konosuba and the likes get praised here is being hypocrite.
>>
>>137960898
Just because it's a fanservice silly anime it doesn't mean I can accept it being bad. I mean, I am watching it and liking it, but it could easily have been better.
>>
Ruru is cute.
The show is fun.
>>
File: Muh_taste.png (252 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
Muh_taste.png
252 KB, 500x274
>>137963058
You watch your words now. That man is known as the professor of taste around here. If he says your anime is shit, then it's shit.
>>
File: feel free to leave.png (92 KB, 1144x493) Image search: [Google]
feel free to leave.png
92 KB, 1144x493
>>137964649
>>
loli was a mistake

>stupid hair
>ALBRECHTO ALBRECHTO ALBRECHTO
>nobody has a problem with putting a loli into apparently life-threatening situations fighting Phantoms
>>
>>137963058
>implying Shana isn't good

>>137963456
The fanservice is pretty tame. I don't get why people keep saying this is a fanservice show when it's pretty tame.
>>
>>137964649
>professor of taste
>loves Mami Kawada
>>
File: 1455204779406.jpg (159 KB, 700x910) Image search: [Google]
1455204779406.jpg
159 KB, 700x910
>>137956164
>i think people are being too harsh on phantom world

No. There's literally no excuse to make such a shit show. The most cringeworthy thing is how they pseudo-intellectually talk about some fucking topic at the start of each episode to "justify" that episodes fanservice

>Schrödingers Cat to justify Cat Girls
Fucking garbage. And if that wasn't bad enough, the actual story (The fucking USB device MC picked up in E2) is being completely ignored in favor of trash filler. But that's not all, they even added a fucking token loli to the mix. Token lolis are the fucking worst. Lolis should stay out of any anime that isn't something like GochiUsa, Fate Prisma or NNB.

I hope KyoAni make no profits with this show, so they're forced to handpick some good source material next time instead of animating some random trash in house LN.
>>
>>137964950
What's wrong with her music?
>>
>>137964984
>phantom world
>fanservice
>>
>>137966115
Not him but how does it not have fanservice?
>>
>Quality characters
>>
>>137964878
>being a tripidiot
>>
>>137956164
I don't know about the others but I love it.
>>
>>137956164
>damage control
>>
>>137956164
people only hate it because kyoani
>>
what story? outside of the character introduction episodes the whole thing could be watched out of order.
>>
>>137956164
>ITS LITERALLY OKAY WHEN KYOANI DOES IT: THE THREAD
>>
ITT: low IQ neckbeards who don't understand philosophy

Just stop watching it if it's too deep to understand for you.
>>
File: 1452378120542.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1452378120542.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>137969795
>>
> people are being too harsh on phantom world
That's just shitposters aiming for the easy KyoAni crowd. It's a fun show, miles better than garbage like KnK.

By the way, learn to uppercase, it's an eyesore.
>>
>>137969937
But I like both!
>>
>>137956164
Is this what it comes down to, admit that every kyoani show were nothing but a waifu parade?

Sure, the setting is bland, the plot nonexistent, the backgrounds traced, the characters generic, but just look at the moving cute girls! Isn't that enough for you faggots? Are you not entertained?

Here's the thing, even waifufags have standards. Handlebar loli and tit-rub Mcgee miss the mark. It's vulgar, and not in the good way. You think this show could produce decent waifu with how little effort the staff put in it? There's no heart in it, so even the seasonal waifufags bailed.

It's shit.
>>
>>137969937
>People are really saying that fucking phantom world is better than Kara no kyoukai.

Its over, moot was right all long.

/a/ is dead.
>>
>>137970540
I actually really like Mai. She is my ideal girl.
>>
>>137970653
You're waifu a slut.
>>
>>137970495
Phantom is that KnK idol episode every episode.
Fun and plotless rather than embarassing chuunishit.
It's the ideal 6/10 anime.
>>
>>137970607
He was saying that it's better than Koe no Katachi, dumbfuck.
>>
>>137970703
Nah, it's better than Kyoudai no Kaa-chan, aka yourmom.
>>
>>137959087

I 100% agree with what you said but SnS is fucking shit. Worst than Kyoukai.
>>
File: 1433847795000.gif (3 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
1433847795000.gif
3 MB, 450x253
>>137956164
People are harsh with every single Kyoani show. They get called out on shit that other studio do without ever criticized. It's nothing unexpected though. Kyoani has a lot of fans so it is bound to also have a lot of haters.
>>
>>137956164
I just find amousing how the people that says this is not bad is the same people that call shit school battle harems.
>>
I don't know what kind of brain damage could make you legitimaly think that Phantom is remotely any better than Kyokai no Kanata.

I mean, neither are good. But KnK at least had a plot line and the characters acted on it. Phantom is just episodic garbage with no cohesion what so ever. If anything, putting them side by side KnK just seems awfully superior.
>>
>>137970992
Probably the same people that used to post "kyoani doesn't whore out their heroines" constantly.
>>
>>137956164 (OP)
I just find amousing how the people that says this is bad is the same people that still watch school battle harems.
>>
>>137965060
kek
>>
>>137970992
Prove it.
>>
Koito a shit.
>>
ass ass titties titties ass and titties
>>
I would fuck that fairy so hard.
>>
I would screw that bear so hard.
>>
>>137956164
MY COCK IS TOO BIG FOR THESE FAIRY ARMPITS
>>
>>137956164
Would people even care this much if it wasn't made by kyoani?
>>
>You will never put her on a stick and lick her like a lollipop

What would brown fairy taste like?
>>
>>137976641
Chicken.
>>
>>137956164
I don't get it. How can people hate on this show, but then hail the Haruhi TV series as a masterpiece? Equally bad writing, equally one-note characters and cheap fan service. I don't hate either series, but to treat them so differently is hypocritical.
>>
>>137978617
Haruhi TV is so fucking terrible.
>>
>>137956164
The question should be reverse, people will not defend this anime if it was not made by Kyoani.
>>
>>137964984
>I hope KyoAni make no profits with this show, so they're forced to handpick some good source material next time instead of animating some random trash in house LN.
Do their in-house LNs even sell?
>>
The girls are great and the visual quality and animation are, as always from KyoAni, spectacular.

That being said, the show's greatest weakness is that it just yet another monster of the week show.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.