[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ReLIFE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8
File: ReLIFE_cover.png (273 KB, 550x393) Image search: [Google]
ReLIFE_cover.png
273 KB, 550x393
Now that we know the anime is coming, what do you f/a/ggots think about ReLIFE? is the studio able to do do a faithful adaptation or we're going to have a load of rush and cuts considering how many chapters they have?

Also Hishiro best waifu.
>>
File: mWqk2y5.jpg (52 KB, 688x895) Image search: [Google]
mWqk2y5.jpg
52 KB, 688x895
>>
File: hish.png (363 KB, 500x544) Image search: [Google]
hish.png
363 KB, 500x544
>>
>>137788916
it sounds like a bad hollywood concept trying to emulate ground hog day
>>
>>137788916
I honestly think the manga is a huge steaming load of shit. An unemployed 27 y/o who's not a NEET or into anime? Come on.
>>
>>137790033
Maybe he grew out of it?
>unemployed
>not neet
nani?
>>
>>137788916
It would depend on the voice actors.

Hishiro not sounding dull and clueless, Kaizaki sounding too young or too old, and the ReLife support team not sounding eerily cheerful would destroy it.

I think Kaizaki can be played well enough by Konishi Katsuyuki, while Hishiro being played by Nakahara Mai would be good.
>>
>>137790033
>An unemployed 27 y/o who's not a NEET or into anime? Come on.
>What is real life?

The whole point of the manga is showing the interactions between human beings at that age, where you enter into the real world trying to fight for a work, while your boss is an ass, some sick shit happens and how that shit can break the will of someone.

Relife is more or less a manga showing a solution to that problem, and that is fixing the present by living your past again, so you can gain the will of going to the real world again without the problems that let you behind others.

[spoilers]I know this shit from first hand since i work as a lawyer on a big buffet[/spoiler]
>>
>>137790033
It is pretty bad. It could have gone in a bunch of directions (honestly? no, probably not), but instead it went into a generic and shitty teen-drama.

I'm not saying it could be Onizuka-level or something, but the "adult" is basically a teenager 90% of the time whether he wants to or not.
>>
>>137790307
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-07/relife-anime-to-star-kensho-ono-ai-kayano/.98439
>>
>>137790033
He's not unemployed, he has a part-time job at a convenience store. The reason he left the company he used to work for in just 3 months is explained later on, and is actually a good point of development in the story.

If you just sit down and read it without expecting anything you've come to expect from the medium, then you should find yourself liking it. In fact, I daresay it's much better than the Again! series.
>>
>>137790462
>Whiny Slaine voicing Kaizaki
What a fucking joke.

Kayano I'm willing to give a listen to, but Ono does not in any way fit the type of voice that Kaizaki needs to have.
>>
>>137790363
>>137790464
Don't tell me I'm the only one who caught the sarcasm. That anime otaku reincarnation trope is one of the most common complaints about this sort of stuff.
>>
>>137788916
This went downhill after they Hishiro twist. The last couple of chapters were all flashback and exposition.
>>
>>137790462
>Hishiro with the voice of Menma.

Weird.
>>
>>137790612
They seem to be forcing him in a lot of stuff to mostly mediocre results.
>>
>>137790612
Yeah, his voice's too soft and to high. Same goes for Ai Kayano.
>>
>>137790719
I knew Hishiro was suspicious due to her interactions with Ryo, but I actually found the twist quite interesting. She now can't confirm on her own whether Kaizaki is or isn't part of the experiment because she doesn't want to risk having Kaizaki's memories of her disappear, while Kaizaki himself doesn't have a clue of the situation regarding Hishiro but can't risk having a girl that's likely not part of the experiment lose her memories just when he's managed to impact her in a positive way.

Not to mention the fact that they both actually do love each other, causing them even more emotional strain, and the fact that the support team can't do anything unless they directly interfere, which would turn the experiment into another failure due to influencing the outcome.

I'm actually intrigued as to how the author will have this all play out.
>>
I dropped this once that Hishiro bomb was dropped.

Fuck that.
>>
>>137790818
Kayano does have range, but she'll need to make her voice lower and she'll also have to research similar voices and characters like Nakahara's take on Felli. Certainly not Chihara's type of voice though.

>>137790855
That hasn't worked out for Amamiya, and it certainly won't work out for him.
>>
>>137790453
>but instead it went into a generic and shitty teen-drama.
>Not even reading the manga

Fuck off retard, in this case the MC is always acting as a adult giving the kids some good advice about how to solve their shit, also he needs to act like a teenager most of the time because the project can get fucked up if he shows his real identity.

Now kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>137791028
THIS, SO MUCH FUCKING THIS.

Glad to see there is someone smart in this shitty board.
>>
>>137791028
>I'm actually intrigued as to how the author will have this all play out.

With another shitty twist: Nobody's memories are getting erased. It was a lie so that the test subjects don't give it away.
>>
>>137791561
More like everyone's memories are getting deleted but not the one of the MC and Hishiro.

Most likely they're going to be the first 2 successful experiments and they're going to live together.
>>
>>137791561
Well to be fair how does the company will be able to erase every student memories? Kidnapping the whole student body and give them drug? Putting them all in one place and give them mass hypnosis? Each of them sounds implausible even after taking the magic drug into account. Not to mention they also probably need to erase memory of random person outside their school who had contact with the test subjects.
>>
>>137790702
Sarcasm? on /a/? pleaseeeee...

Is just a retard who cant understand what is going on in the manga, no more than that.
>>
>>137792442
One possibility is putting the drug in the school water.
>>
>>137791298
Why dont he fuck the teens? ain t that the point of being young? fuvccmking the teens?
>>
>>137792916
Go back to /b/ retard, that's the board where you belong.
>>
>>137792929
hmm?
>>
>>137788916
It's shit that used to have potential
>>
File: le smirk face.jpg (196 KB, 690x692) Image search: [Google]
le smirk face.jpg
196 KB, 690x692
>>137788916
>>
>>137793227
>She sees your dick
>>
>>137793084
>27yo fucking kids
>NOT A PEDO!!!!
>>
its a good series.
>>
>>137793227
POST THE SMILING FACE FAGGOT.
>>
>>137793616
>teenagers
>are kids
nice joke. teenagers are just sex objects.
>>
>>137794119
Fuck off pedophile.
>>
>>137795746
It's called being an ephebophile you illiterate. Go suck some grandma titties you fucking gerontophile.
>>
I still can't get over the fact that the hot senpai Kaizaki had died because of immature bullies. The fact that it's also a problem that Japanese people tend to look away from or even conceal it "out of shame" really makes it one that they can't even address despite the numerous real cases of group bullying and suicide cases in the country.
>>
Will /pol/ get triggered by this?
>shady company offering you to be high school boy/girl again for experiments
>>
As long as there is no volleyball arc, I'm good.
>>
>>137790030
oh yeah with the part where he doesn't go back in time at all and focuses on the development of multiple characters
>>
>>137795746
uh b-b-but they are only 16 and in america you have to feel bad for that boner
>>
>>137796990
It's exactly the same in every other country, dweeb.
>>
Some shady guy offers you to be young again , wat do /a/?
>>
Hopefully it doesn't start to suck like Again! did.
I like it so far though. Looking forward to the anime.
>>
>>137799716
It seems to be written sensibly enough. Just when I was getting sick of this flashback they start to progress things again and while nothing totally new the drama is reasonable and the character designs are extremely cute. I'm optimistic about the adaptation.
>>
File: 1446083961254.jpg (37 KB, 348x342) Image search: [Google]
1446083961254.jpg
37 KB, 348x342
What is the purpose of relife experiment? Its weird experiment desu senpai.
>>
>>137800983
To give losers like us a second chance at life, or to give us a bit of a slap in the back so that we can actually find courage in ourselves to go out into the world again.

I'd love to get my hands on that pill, and since I already speak the Japanese language, being assigned to a school in Japan wouldn't be a problem.
>>
manga is shit, shit pacing, shit plot, only redeeming factor is the art
>>
>>137788916
>TMS
>the one who did Jitsuwa
RIP
>>
File: 005.jpg (214 KB, 690x1997) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
214 KB, 690x1997
because hishiron will win the bowl soon
>>
>>137803455
>dat mole
Such autism, but such cute too.
>>
>>137802954
That was mostly done by outside studios, not a main effort as TMS tends to do great most of the time as is the case with Blue Jacket Lupin III.
>>
Glasses braids best girl.
>>
There are 2 things I cant stand about relife

The mc basically destroyed his entire career life just because he left a shitty abusing job?

Fucking japs lol, I left around 4 until I found my path/ job niche, its called ambition, you dont have to be a fucking slave. I understand the suicide rate now

Also the mc is always talking like a fucking 50yo old man. Dude, you are fucking 27 and you are not even a woman, stop being a faggot
>>
>>137805364
It's not 2 things you can't stand about ReLife, it's more like 2 things you (and everybody else, I assure you) can't stand about Japan.
And sadly, they're both true in real life. They're really a fucked-up country.
>>
>>137805474
Thats why I laugh everytime someone says that they want to live and work in japan (not in a foreign company with some branch based there)

Japan is awesome yes, if you are a tourist.
>>
>>137801469
This, fucking this, hell if i could back the first thing i would do is to change schools as only when you get out you realize the "economic science support" degree is utter bullshit that can't even get you a fucking burger flipping job without contacts or at least two years expercience when, surprise, no one fucking employ you in the first place, screw this third world shithole.
>>
>>137805711
I want to live in Japan as a NEET.
>>
If Hishiro was actually a highschool girl, she would be my number one daughteru.
>>
>>137805733
Without a good welfare and social benefits, living as a neet in japan is hell anon.
>>
>>137805711
I've lived there for a year, and they can certainly be xenophobic and bullies ("hammer down the nail that sticks out" etc.) because that's how their culture grew up to be. If they do consider you their friend though, they're actually pretty loyal. Still, you have to jump so many hoops just to get them to realize you're a person they can be friends with, much less human.

Another thing is they like being ambiguous and talking behind peoples' backs and freeze up when confronted about it.

Seriously, Japan's a fucked up country. But I still would prefer to live there than rot away where I live right now.
>>
>>137805733
Dude, Abe is snatching up their NEETs and drafting them into their rebuilt military.

It's why theres so much fujo show being made now, otherwise Japan will be in the same spot as South Korea in the animation industry, almost doing nothing but outsourcing for the US/Europe.
>>
>>137806122
NEET and anime otaku are not the same thing.
>>
>>137806173
They are to Shinzo Abe, he want to get the unemployment rate to 0% and since NEETs & most otaku tend to not have jobs, they just draft them into the military and hence male otaku shows dry up as theres is barely anyone left.

Women however have more free time then men and hence they can make shows just for them as they have the money to spend on merch/DVDs/Blu-Rays and watch the show hence why theres a fujo boom right now.

How do we stop fujo? My take on it is just ignore it and they will be back to outsourcing for the US again.
>>
>>137806310
>hence why
Stop trying to sound smart. Not only did you use "hence" three times in a single post, you also used it incorrectly.
>>
>>137806339
>since NEETs & most otaku tend to not have jobs
>Otaku
They overlap but many otaku DO have jobs. It's how they afford their hobby. Same for fujoshi. Shows for otaku are not drying up at all. Just looking at spring anime, more than half of it is for them. You think all those harem and cute girl shows are for fujoshi?
>>
>>137806394
How did I use it incorrectly?
>>137806488
>Otaku DO have jobs.
But they are far and few between, otaku ran studios like Trigger are also drying up as well.
>Same for fujoshi.
But the thing is that they leach off their husbands or love spouse who get payed much more money to get the merch that they want.

>Just looking at spring anime.
those shows take months to make, they can't blame anyone but time and the market to why their otaku bate show bombed as almost all the otaku got drafted and know that Fujo will not last as long.

They will end up like South Korea soon, it is that bad.
>>
>>137806727
Why don't you look it up?
>>
>>137806727
Do you have a single source to back any of this up?
>>
>>137806837
I did.
>>137806859
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/02/14/kazuo-koikes-wife-sticks-up-for-fujoshi-with-snappy-remark

Theres also alot of talk about it here as well.
>>
>>137807180
That is a single fujo and hardly indicative of them as a whole. Where is your source for otaku with jobs being "far and in-between" and "otaku ran studios drying up"?
And what does it say for your narrative when the only show not bombing in spring is an otaku bait show: Konosuba?
Either way this isn't the discussion to be having in this thread.
>>
>>137807180
>I did.

You're literally retarded if you still can't figure it out.
>>
>>137807180
Totally credible source that confirms all of your claims.

Are you dumb or just pretending?
>>
>>137807334
Oshiete! Galko-Chan also doing well as well too.
>>137807962
I'm not retarded and I did figure it out.
>>
File: 1449404556054.jpg (11 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
1449404556054.jpg
11 KB, 360x361
>>137807180
Holy shit dude you're most retarded than the /b/tards.
>>
>>137808574
I'm not retarded.
>>
File: 1454253468365.jpg (62 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1454253468365.jpg
62 KB, 800x600
>>137808640
>>
>>137791141
this
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.