[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SAO Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: sao-movie-660x330.jpg (78 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
sao-movie-660x330.jpg
78 KB, 660x330
>If you want to be one of the first fans to see and hear about the upcoming SAO Movie directly from some of the Japanese creative staff themselves, come to this special event only at Sakura Con 2016!
>http://sakuracon.org/2016/02/sao-movie-special-event-featuring-special-guests/

Why would Aniplex choose to announce new SAO info at an US even instead of Japanese event?

Is the movie going to be about Kirito visiting America?

>That’s right SAO fan, you read that correctly! Join Reki Kawahara (Author), abec (Original Character Designer), Kazuma Miki (KADOKAWA CORPORATION ASCII Media Works Producer), and Shinichiro Kashiwada (Aniplex Producer) as they unveil exclusive details about the yet-to-be-released SAO Movie. And that’s not all—abec will be doing a live-drawing demonstration just for the Sakura Con fans during the event. You don’t want to miss this!
>>
>>137756407

Cause gotta hype that shit for those teenagers. They did this with Asterisk too for some inexplicable reason.
>>
>>137756407
Americans love SAO, that's why.
Japan probably banked a ton from America itself.
>>
>>137756407

If I'm going to go to a convention pretty much the last thing I'd want to do is go see some producers shill their product in a canned stage interview, particularly one like Aniplex who are just going to sit there and jack it to themselves like they always do and maybe just show a trailer at the end while reminding you every 15 minutes that there's overpriced merch on sale down the way. Like seriously fuck that experience.
>>
>>137756407

Cause it's the same guy that did the same thing with Asterisk War. Maybe he's lonely and wants to be loved?
>>
>>137756581
>If I'm going to go to a convention pretty much the last thing I'd want to do is go see some producers shill their product
I don't think you go to conventions often, anon.
Or at all.
Since that happens all the time.
It's the whole point of conventions.
>>
>>137756463
The Asterisk War reveal was so terrible.

>>137756581
The author is really moe though.

>>137756407
>There will be an exclusive giveaway for the fans that attend the SAO Movie Event, while supplies last.
>>
>>137756666

Usually I just hang out with friends, go to see the odd voice actor or amusing sounding panel, hit up the dealers section and the raves later at night though lately those have been ending super early and are kind of shitty. Then again I live in Canada so the closest thing industry wise that comes to Anime North are Funimation people.
>>
>Anime original movie guaranteed to be shit
>No Progressive anime
Fuck you, Aniplex.
>>
>>137756755
Just go to the panel and personally tell the author that he needs to write better and faster and get SAO over with already. He understands written English.
>>
>>137756804
If I could go there I'd punch him in the face and tell him to revive Eugeo
>>
>>137756995
>revive Eugeo fag
We don't need you shitting up SAO.
>>
/a/ was always searching for a reason to hate SAO, but now with Konosuba they found one.
>>
>>137756726

If it's anything like the usual Industry panel it's mostly just going to go something like this

>producer jacking it about himself and his career and why everything about him and the company is so damn awesome for 10 minutes
>Kawahara and Abec will introduce themselves, thank fans, maybe get to speak with coaching for like 5 minutes where Kawahara will plug Isolator.
>Kawahara and Abec stutter and stumble through a canned Q&A with bad translator audience can barely hear or understand and who doesn't have the slightest clue about any of the details of what they're discussing for another 40 minutes where maybe a couple questions get half answered as the producer interrupts several times to plug random shit
>Producer announces before they're done they have something to show you
>90 second trailer with all kinds of shiny shit and Yuki Kajiura music happening and release date of Golden Week or Marine Day 2016, probably the latter which is July 20th.
>Producer will ask people if they're hyped and say to look forward to it and what select theaters will show it in the U.S
>Reminder to check website and where merchandise can be bought at convention
>Hand out some merch like Asuna and Kirito Husbando/Waifu keychains and Kawahara/Abec/Producer Guy autographed movie posters with movie exclusive outfits
>End panel.
>>
>>137756754
Also a canuckfag, and I personally am getting tired of Anime North's bullshit. Not only do their staff have one of the worst management skills in existence, but they charge up the prices over everything while reducing the fun and content, with their core excuse being "We're the only big-name anime con in Canada, so deal with it".

I had it with their shit and decided to go to fanime instead, even if it costs me an airline ticket.
>>
What would you do if one of the giveaway prizes is an hour of gaming with Kawahara? MMORPG or TRPG allowed.

>>137757189
>>
>>137756726
Huh, Abec is a frog.
>>
>>137757117
We needed a reason? I've been hating it all this time, guess I was doing something wrong.
>>
>>137757189
I think the last time Kawahara had a Q&A over here, someone asked about 16.5.
>>
>3/26

Oh, so it will be before Dengeki Bunko Spring Festival.

The first info will be at a Japanese event, OP. Overweight Kirito/Asuna cosplaying gaijins will get some trivial irrelevant info.
>>
>>137757405
Yes, it happened. As soon as the translator finished, the author started sighing and the room laughed. He quietly explained that he considers it a part of his "dark past" and would rather not talk about it. Official explanation from him is that he thought about what normal horny teens would do while trapped in a VRMMORPG and this was the nature course of things in his mind.
>>
If someone is going, could you please take a pic of abec? I want to know whether or not the person is a male or female?
>>
File: Anime_Expo_2014_SAO_Panel.jpg (225 KB, 1536x863) Image search: [Google]
Anime_Expo_2014_SAO_Panel.jpg
225 KB, 1536x863
>>137757490
Abec is a man.

He was at Anime Expo 2014 with Kawahara and he's the middle guy in the photo, I believe.
>>
>>137757375
Abec changes it from time to time. He wasn't always a frog.
>>
Kirito turns into girugamesh
>>
>>137756755
>No Progressive anime
This so much. The only good thing about SAO franchise, it has everything the fans want (Kirito and Asuna being a cute couple) with zero "we're a MMORPG anime guise" posturing, and what do they do with it? Relegate it to the backseat for some stupid movie. Thanks Japan.
>>
>>137757722
Waiting to make an endless cash cow for it.
>>
File: girugamesh_guy.png (173 KB, 630x374) Image search: [Google]
girugamesh_guy.png
173 KB, 630x374
>>137757662
It's been SEVEN FUCKING YEARS since that disastrous commercial
>>
>>137757460
>Official explanation from him is that he thought about what normal horny teens would do while trapped in a VRMMORPG
Fuck while thinking about game mechanics? Because I swear Kirito was more in love with how the game worked than with Asuna
>>
>>137758382
He really thought it out. He'd had 30+ years to think of the scene before finally writing it.
>>
>>137756755
If anything it should theoretically be better since it's new and he's writing it and he's only gotten better at writing SAO.
>>
>>137757189
Nah, his panel and Q&A at Sakuracon 2013 went a hell of a lot better than that. You don't get questions and answers like:

>Q03: Is Chapter 16.5 part of the original storyline?
>KAWAHARA: I’m going to say this is a question that should not normally be answered. I’m sure, like Kirito, who spent two years in a virtual world, how do you spend that time? I wrote chapter 16.5 in those days when I was sort of wondering. I would like to consider that topic to be disappeared quickly into the darkness of history.

from canned PR.
>>
>>137756407
>SAO Movie
I have a feeling the rape scene will be a little over the top. And a few people will walk out of the theater at that point. Overall it's not gonna be worth the time.
>>
File: Br1GPyiCQAAzt08.jpg large.jpg (119 KB, 1023x681) Image search: [Google]
Br1GPyiCQAAzt08.jpg large.jpg
119 KB, 1023x681
>>137759458
I'm going to ask him again in person.
>>
>>137759708
Who's that on the right?
>>
>>137760064
Aoi Eir.
>>
>SAO movie
I wonder what the new haremette is going to look like.

>>137757722
I will also settle for a Sugary Days (+The Day Before) OVA.
>Argo!
>puppy
>cuddling
>obligatory bath scene
>furniture buying because you care about how the Woodworking skill works, right, yeah of courrse you do
>>
>>137761318
Jake, have you heard about what Kawahara said on his twitter the other day?
>>
>>137756407
I can't give 2 shits about this after Sinon was turned into a harem ornament.
>>
>>137761455
I don't tweet and I don't stalk people on Twitter, so no. What did he say?
>>
>>137761530
He said Asuna is a slut and is worst girl. He regretted making Asuna the main heroine who ended up with Kirito and it should've been Alice since the very beginning.
>>
>>137756407
>going to cons
>going to cons for SAO
>ikimas'ing to fucking Sakuracon for SAO
Kill yourself.
>>
>>137757840
Probably this. Gotta wait for more volumes, and just make a continuous anime for the next few years.

>>137759517
>I have a feeling the rape scene will be a little over the top
Nah, that're saving that for Season 3, where instead it's two girls tied up and drugged, about to be screwed in front of a guy which one of the girls has a crush on.
>>
>>137761563
You sure got me, anon!
>>
Because noone cares about SAO in Japan.

In Japan you have constant stream of new LNs and anime, so fanbases shift.
>>
File: Vol_11_-_004-005.png (2 MB, 1632x1200) Image search: [Google]
Vol_11_-_004-005.png
2 MB, 1632x1200
>>137761659
Forgot image.
>>
The Americanization of anime has begun. You can (not) stop it.
>>
Why would Aniplex choose to announce new SAO info at an US even instead of Japanese event?

because they know a lot of normalfags going to Sakuracon?
>>
>>137761757
>shit anime will soon move production to America and we can stop putting up with it on our board
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>137761798
>shit anime
And what if that becomes all anime from studios you like?
>>
>>137761798
Production still needs to be done in Japan or weeaboos won't buy it.
>>
>>137761659
Why do japs like NTR so much? Is it beta men thing?
>>
>>137761927
Half of them think Avatar should count as anime, I don't think it's that big a problem.
>>
>>137762004
>Half of them think Avatar should count as anime
Didn't that never end up airing or selling in Japan? Like, there was some PR for the first season, but it never went through.

RWBY on the other hand... No, let's not talk about that.
>>
File: breaking-news(6).png (502 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
breaking-news(6).png
502 KB, 640x360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcGhGEfHdWs

Now you too can be a beater faggot McEdge.
>>
>>137756407
>abec
Remember when abec was a cute highschool girl?
>>
File: 1404675067379.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1404675067379.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
>>137761563
Would have been 10/10 if you said Lisbeth instead of Alice.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.