[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can anyone watch this? I actually had to run a lap during
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9
File: a8f.jpg (22 KB, 453x352) Image search: [Google]
a8f.jpg
22 KB, 453x352
How can anyone watch this? I actually had to run a lap during episode 6, and just gave up on 7. It's not "bad" but it makes me physically hurt.
>>
>>137742347
You are just as autistic as Tomoko if you have to prance around whenever something cringeworthy happens in one of your chinese cartoons. I know more of you faggots do this and it makes me lose hope in the human race every time I read about it.
>>
>>137742347
Dropped it too, way too cringy, not my kind of humor.
>>
>>137742347

>not wanting to protect Tomoko's smile
>>
>>137743037
what?
>>
Will there ever be a season 2?
>>
Hitting too close home, uh?
>>
>>137742347
the anime made me depressed (moreso than usual) for about a week, the humor of the manga didn't translate well
>>
>>137742728
>prance around whenever something cringeworthy happens in one of your chinese cartoons
I never understood this too. At first I thought it was just a meme, but then I realized they were actually serious (and apparently on the spectrum).
>>
>>137742347
>>137742996
You get sad when you see almost everything in the anime as part of your daily life
>>
>>137743263
More Westerners bought Watamote than Japs. So no.
>>
>>137742728
>I know more of you faggots do this and it makes me lose hope in the human race every time I read about it.
I, too, respond to cringworthyness by prancing.
>>
>>137742347
This show was hilarious.
I don't know what everyone is whining about it being too depressing.
Only relateable thing in the show is when she's on summer break giggling in bed because she's so happy to have so much time to just lay around and play video games.
>>
>>137742728
Wouldn't that make OP not autistic. I thought autists couldn't show empathy or something like that
>>
>>137743312
Pretty much this, people that are still like Tomoko(in the good or bad way) cant stand the mistakes she does, people that already are "out" and can laugh about the old times can really apreciate it.
>>
You laugh because you aren't Tomoko, then you cry because you are.
>>
Are you one of those autists who actually pauses a show just because something 'cringeworthy' or embarrassing happened?
>>
>>137745181
Yes, otherwise it just hurts to much
>>
>>137745181
>>137742728
Get off my /a/.
>>
>>137745854
Fuck off tripshit.
>>
>>137742347
It was hard to watch, but the more I saw her suffer, the worse I felt for her. Kinda wished I could be her older brother at one point and be the exact opposite as he was to her.
I guess you could say I felt protective.
>>
>>137746132
That's a really good way to put it Anon. I just wanted to hang out with her so we could be autistic together.
>>
>>137744615
A person is being autistic when they do things I disapprove of.
>>
>>137746445
Had younger sisters, so it just hits that big brother instinct.
>>
>>137742347
The pacing didn't really work for me. I can't be bothered to finish it but I still follow the manga.
>>
>>137742347
>It's not "bad" but it makes me physically hurt.
It causes you physical pain but you don't consider it bad? What in the fuck do you consider bad then?
>>
>>137747285
Well I find it entertaining and am interested in the characters, but it causes me pain. So it's not "bad" but it makes me physically hurt.
>>
File: can-stock-photo_csp8557263.jpg (22 KB, 450x318) Image search: [Google]
can-stock-photo_csp8557263.jpg
22 KB, 450x318
>tfw there are people who never feel second hand embarrassment

It gets so bad I have to constantly pause and facepalm.
I also drop manga when a person a gets caught in a lie/awkward situation, too fucking embarrassing for me.
>>
>>137747637
Yeah, same here, even have to get up sometimes
>>
>>137744615
>I thought autists couldn't show empathy or something like that
They can. Also of note, autism is a correctable lifestyle disorder that's been linked to screwed up gut microbiomes.
>>
>>137749266
>autism is a correctable lifestyle disorder that's been linked to screwed up gut microbiomes.
the fuck am i reading.tiff
>>
>>137742728
Wait...I do this. I thought it was normal.
>>
>>137747637
sometimes while I pause and exit full screen I make audible cringe noises
>>
>>137747637
I had to pause SamFlam multiple times. Except I'm not sure if it was because of second hand embarrassment or Masayoshi's cuteness.
>>
>>137742347
Watamote isn't cringy at all. It only makes me angry. Tomoko is actually pretty lucky because she has a friend and even a brother who puts up with her. On top of that, the plot is all about her getting more and more friends successfully.
Am I supposed to feel bad for her?
How could I feel sorry for Tomoko when she's surrounded with people, whereas I don't have a single friend?
Every time I read Watamote, it reminds me that my life is the worst.
>>
File: 1455816164878.png (59 KB, 365x435) Image search: [Google]
1455816164878.png
59 KB, 365x435
>>137749828
especially now in the manga with her yuri harem
>>
>>137745945
You're tough, Jeb.
>>
>>137749539
>watching anime
>thinking anything you do is normal
Protip: it isn't. You're a freak. If you have a private quirk, assume nobody else in the world is like you and you'll get further in life.

>>137749828
>the plot is all about her getting more and more friends successfully
I thought the whole point is that she's an awful person and a miserable failure at everything she does. It's a wonder anyone puts up with her.

If you're actually jealous of Tomoko your life really is the worst.
>>
>>137751127
>I thought the whole point is that she's an awful person and a miserable failure at everything she does.
This is only the comical side of the manga. Her stupidity is caricatured or the manga would be already over with her realizing she has friends.

This pisses me off. She's got so many nice friends that keep talking with her because they understand she just has problems socializing. No such thing ever happened to me because of my appearance. You guys who are living a happy life will never understand what it means to be so ugly that people don't even want to look at you. "Get self-confidence" my ass, only decent-looking people can spout this kind of idealistic sentence.
>>
>>137751127
>i haven't read the manga
>>
>>137751693
The ugliest person I've ever seen still had friends in high school. It certainly doesn't help, but no one is going to push you away just because you are ugly, especially if you a genuinely nice and/or fun person to be around.
>>
>>137751877
>No one is going to push you away just because you are ugly
I genuinely hate disgusting normies like you.
>>
>>137751963
You're right actually. Some jackasses will, but you probably don't want to be around those people anyways. Go join a group doing something you enjoy.
>>
>>137749828
Geez, focus on someone else for a change. You're obviously too self-absorbed to think about anyone else.
>>
>>137749539
No, you're autistic.
>>
>>137752005
You don't know how it feels to be ugly. Even "kind" people look at me with disgust in their eyes even if they try to hide it. Then they try avoid me.

You have it so easy. It must be nice, everything always goes your way just because you talk with a smile. Meanwhile, people like me commit suicide everyday and you never hear about it in the newspapers because you normies indulge yourselves in your happy lives without caring about us.

>>137752214
Do you think I don't care for others?
Do you think I never tried to get friends?
Do you think I would give up this quickly?
I gave up at 20 years old because I realized there was no way for me to change my life.
>>
>>137752418
If you're really that hideous, save up your money and get plastic surgery. That'll prove that ugly isn't just skin deep.

Or are you physically deformed like those people in basic cable documentaries?
>>
>>137752617
>f you're really that hideous, save up your money and get plastic surgery.
Okay, I'm starting to be sick of the fact that you're able to say such things with genuine seriousness. It was stupid of me to talk about myself on /a/. Keep enjoying your happy life, normie.
>>
>>137752770
Not that anon but we don't know what your exact problem is. You're very vague so we have to guess. If you're being vague and we have to guess, don't be surprised when we're wrong or perhaps insensitive.
>>
>>137752770
What >>137752898 said, and also this is 4chan for fucks sake. You want sensitivity, go find a Tumblr safe space.
>>
>>137752770
I don't see whats wrong with what that anon said. If you are really that ugly that even nice people have trouble looking at you, you should definetly get surgery. Getting /fit/ will also help, but definetly consider the scalpel.
>>
>>137749266
I do not have a small forest inside my digestive system.

What brand of crack are you on?
>>
>>137753567
That anon is an idiot but you do actually have an entire ecosystem worth of microorganisms in your digestive tract.
>>
>>137753663
Are there microscopic birds?
Trees?
Bees?
>>
>>137753728
Do any of those things exist?
>>
>>137753782
Maybe, maybe not.

How can you say?
>>
>>137742347
I just dont enjoy it, knowing that nothing good will ever happen to her is a short lived joke.
>>
>>137753875
Except plenty of good things have been happening to her lately in the manga. She's just so much of a dense idiot to realize that her life is improving little by little. She doesn't even drop her spaghetti that much anymore. If anything, she's the one that makes OTHERS drop theirs.
>>
File: your waifu is shit.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
your waifu is shit.gif
1 MB, 480x270
noticed you mafuckas were having a thread about muh waifu....
lurking, poorly.
>>
Kill yourself you fucking failed normalfag
>>
>>137755084
Tomoko would cringe at the sight of you, and feel a lot better about herself when you opened your mouth.
>>
>>137749266
>I believe everything I hear on oprah
>>
Keep in mind her internal monologue is all just things she thinks to herself to increase her perception of self worth.

Which is normal for people with her sort of disorder. Hell, Misaki told Saito that in NHK during his hiki meetings.

I don't really sympathize with her myself, I was actually pretty popular and I'm actually pretty outgoing. But I do find her character rather interesting and I wish a second season would be possible.
>>
File: yDqS2VK.jpg (62 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
yDqS2VK.jpg
62 KB, 500x400
>>137742728
I do this and >>137745181
What causes this and how do i stop this?
>>
>>137751127
Then your assuming you are a special snowflake
>>
>>137755869
Nothing you have autisms forever.

Enjoy the anime.
>>
File: Consider the following.gif (2 MB, 416x320) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.gif
2 MB, 416x320
>>137755869
You can't really do anything to fix it directly other than desensitize yourself to it by constant exposure.
The anons in here like to meme, but it's a natural empathetic reaction. You may not like my answer, but the condition is mostly from your levels of estrogen/testosterone in the womb, with higher levels of estrogen causing more empathy and visa versa for testosterone. There's not much you can do about it now and even if the levels regulated themselves as you grew up the effects are still there, but it's really not anything heavily associated with autism or even that bad of a thing in general.
It's more associated with femininity, and in men what most people here call would call "beta-ness" which is unfortunately a rather common trait of people who lurk 4chan and watch anime, but again, it isn't directly autism or a bad thing. If you want, perhaps ask your mother if she ate out of microwaved plastic containers, plastic bottles, or ate things containing a lot of estrogen like soy based products or enhanced meat products. Soy based baby formula alone has been shown to cause testosterone levels in babies to plummet alarmingly.

And also, even though it's most likely from what I just explained, it's possible to develop high levels of empathy from sources such as having an older sibling force you into a more subservient role or things like having a strong bond with your mother than your father.

Just some food for thought
>>
>>137742347
To complete the suffering train Tomoko should start getting bullied.
>>
>>137753118
Don't even bother. That anon wants a pity party, but the thing is, he doesn't even want others to join his party. He wants to feel sad and alone by himself, and when "normies" give him advice he feels vindicated, because in his mind every time that happens it is just proof that "normies" don't get him and that he really is as pathetic as he thinks he is. Every time he feels rejected it's because he's ugly, or at least that's the reason in his mind. At this point that thought has become comforting rather than negative. It's because it excuses the shit that is his life.

The other anon is right, I've seen downright hideous people with friends. Physical attractiveness is not a deterrent to friendship. This anon could probably makes some too, but he's probably just as shallow as he claims the people around him are, and he won't settle for a friendship unless the other person is perfect just the way he wants them.
>>
>>137752770
I'm a solid 2/10 and living a decent life. You're just lazy
>>
>>137756464
How do I desensitize myself so im a literal robot with no emotions then?
>>
File: 4+6454.jpg (166 KB, 728x335) Image search: [Google]
4+6454.jpg
166 KB, 728x335
>>137742347
????
>>
Is funny, and she is a good character.
>>
>>137757945
Compassion fatigue, give fucks until you run out. You can't exhaust it permanently but there is a refractory period.
>>
>>137749266
Only weakly. The links between gut microbiota and things like auto-immune and asthma is much stronger. As well as celiac disease, allergies and things like that, so generally things linked to the immune system.
Until a link between the auto-immune system and autism is reached the evidence will continue to be weak.
More likely is that autism is increasingly diagnosed as a personality disorder when in the past it was just a personality.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.