[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's gonna direct it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: top_anime.jpg (420 KB, 780x556) Image search: [Google]
top_anime.jpg
420 KB, 780x556
Who's gonna direct it?
>>
Hopefully someone who doesn't over-SHAFT it like they're prone to do.
>>
>>137676031
Naoyuki Tatsuwa
>>
>>137676031
>who's gonna direct it
>OP picture says the director
>>
File: 1454127798515.png (166 KB, 645x580) Image search: [Google]
1454127798515.png
166 KB, 645x580
>JC staff improves honey and clovers source
>takes critically acclaimed manga and makes it into a genre/demographic defining anime that they are still basing josei/coa stories off of

>lol lets let shaft do it :d
>>
Doesn't matter.
Everyone at SHAFT is practically Shinbo copycat.
>>
it's right there on the image
>>
>>137676031
Shinbo
>>
>>137676031
Shinbo is gonna rape this poor manga.
>>
>>137676031
Are you an idiot?

See >>137677524
>>137678557
>>
>>137677549
>http://desustorage.org/a/search/filename/1454127798515.png/
>>
>>137676332
>>137678665
>>137677549
there hasn't been a single anime that wasn't greatly improved by Shaft's visuals

by the way the honey and clovers anime was a run of the mill soulless adaptation(JC Staff in a nutshell), than fuck Umino has top tier taste and asked for Shaft and Shinbo
>>
>>137676031
I'm betting Naoyuki Tatsuwa aka. Nisekoi guy.
>>
>>137678903
SHAFT usually adapt shit manga and "improving" them isn't that hard.
SnL is an entire different beast, and their "style" woulnd't suit it one bit.
>>
When was the last time that Shinbo ACTUALLY directed anything?
>>
>>137679045
>their "style" woulnd't suit it one bit
No one cares.
Just put as many cool-looking shot as possible.
>>
File: 1452177116188.jpg (21 KB, 376x222) Image search: [Google]
1452177116188.jpg
21 KB, 376x222
I guess I missed the part where fucking SHAFT is going to "animated" this.
>>
>>137679112
>No one cares.
Fans of the manga do.
>Just put as many cool-looking shot as possible.
Shaftfags everyone.
>>
>>137679045
you're right, most of the time Shaft adapts garbage

this is why people who aren't plebs are finally gonna realize that they have by far the best visuals now that they have good source material on their hands

like I said thankfully author knows this perfectly, she even mentioned only(and I mean literally only) their best shows
>>
>muh faithful adaptation
Just read the manga then.
>>
>>137677549

J.C Staff isn't affiliated with Aniplex so they were never on the table as a choice in the first place
>>
nikaidou best girl
>>
>>137679112

Yup that's what people want, though I'd debate whether Shinbo does cool shots so much as constant jump cuts.
>>
>>137679356
Their style is gimmicky and stale, and unless they tone it down as much as possible this adaption will be an abortion.
I don't care about what Umino has to say about them either, authors shilling anime adaption of their works isn't new.
>>
File: image.jpg (317 KB, 869x1268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
317 KB, 869x1268
Hina confirmed winner
>>
File: Hidari.full.485634.jpg (874 KB, 1541x1534) Image search: [Google]
Hidari.full.485634.jpg
874 KB, 1541x1534
>>137679720
nah that's objectively wrong

go watch Sasami-san
show is garbage, but they're the only studio who managed to replicate Hidari's artstyle instead of making it generic like very other show with her designs

besides that, with Hidamari, Madoka, SZS, Paniponi, Mekaku etc., their library is by far the most colorful with different artstyles
you basic bitches only see Shaft's staple unusual camera angles, jump cuts and headtilts, ignoring how fucking unique they actually are

Bake for example was also ridiculously unique that people either forgot or there are too many newfags these days who're used to everything being bloated with Monogatari(which is also vastly inferior compared to Bake itself)
shit is also LN adaptation instead of having Manga's guidelines, it requires great direction to create something like that
>>
>>137679112
>>137679167
Wait a minute are you telling me instead of looking generic in every way possible like 90% of anime, Shaft goes as far as to make the visuals different and unconventional SOLELY(!!!!!) for the cool factor alone?????
How absolutely awful wow fuck Shaft!!!!

You people are complete retards, holy shit.
>>
>replying to trolling from Poland.
>>
>>137679720
Umino has been fangirling over Shaft and Shinbo for years.
>>
>>137680460
>implying
these threads are always filled with plebs crying about shaft
>>
>JC improved Honey & Clovers

It was like the most generic mass produced adaptation - even for JC Staff.

I bet that troll haven't even seen a single episode of the series.
>>
>>137680514
Most of them can into capitalization unlike you.
>>
>>137680579
yeah I don't care about pointless shit like that good job noticing
>>
Daily reminder that KyonAni are going to do it in their shitty moeblob house style rather than follow the manga's
>>
>>137680740
How is that relevant to anything?
>>
>>137680487
Umino loved Kill la Kill too, doesn't mean she necessarely thinks Trigger would be a good choice for adapting her manga.
>>137680514
Oh so fans of the manga are plebs, not Shaftfags that don't know the source material and jizz at every fanservice ridden abortion with the same copypasted direction style regardless of what is being adapted.
>>
>>137680794
Shaft actually fits unlike Trigger tho
>>
File: sPTyxcO.png (621 KB, 1090x615) Image search: [Google]
sPTyxcO.png
621 KB, 1090x615
>>137678903
>there hasn't been a single anime that wasn't greatly improved by Shaft's visuals
>>
The manga is pure garbage so JC's panel-by-panel adapatation won't work.
You should be glad that SHAFT is the one polishing this turd.
>>
AOTS
>>
>>137680871
Why?
>>
>>137681040
Literally "Just read the manga, the anime doesn't exist": the anime.
>>
>>137680794
>Umino loved Kill la Kill too, doesn't mean she necessarely thinks Trigger would be a good choice for adapting her manga.
exactly, that's why she went with Shaft
for the third time, Umino knows exactly why Shaft is great

>fanservice ridden abortion with the same copypasted direction style
and you can bet your petty ad hominems aren't those reasons
>>
>>137678586
>>137678665
>>137678695
>>137677524

are you guys dumb?

see
>>137679055
the answer is like, 2005 or something
>>
YUKI YASE
U
K
I

Y
A
S
E
>>
>>137680794
Umino did has some sort of connection with Shaft's higher ups, as well as some of Zetsubou Sensei's cast, thanks to Kamiya and Sugita.
>>
>>137681254
what the fuck are you talking about

she literally said on her site that she wouldn't accept any other studio besides Shaft to adapt it
>>
>>137681317
and Shinbo
>>
>>137681145
She didn't "went" with Shaft, you have no idea how production committees or PR work.
And yes, maybe I'm wrong, I guess all the Shaftfags in this thread are up to date with the manga and the first thing they thought reading it was: "damn, a bunch of head tilts here and there would be exactly what this manga needs".
>>
>>137678903
Really liking that shaft there
>>
>>137678903
>by the way the honey and clovers anime was a run of the mill soulless adaptation

You didn't watch Honey and Clover you fucking liar.
>>
>>137681449
I like Shaft and I like the manga, sorry that you are offended because you thought that only true intellectuals like yourself liked this type of series but is your choice to be butthurt about it.
>>
>>137681832
You are talking with the guy who claimed that Shaft will bomb with Nisekoi while JC Staff will deliever a masterpiece with Witch Craft Works (which aired at the same time).

And we all know that no one talks about Witch Craft Works - neither on /a/ nor in Japan.
>>
>>137681449
>look at him calling me out on ad hominems better post more of them
thankfully I can continuously draw the Umino card and tell you how wrong you are unless you actually believe someone like her loves Shaft because of fanservice and headtilts, you dumbfuck

also stop being in denial, she was a known Shaftfag and it's not every day that the author actually says that they wanted the studio that's gonna animate the material

also Shaft has been adapting low brow garbage filled with otaku pandering with Sasami-san, Denpa Onna, Graffiti, Nisekoi, etc. even Monogatari
it's extremely unusual for them to adapt something actually competent like this, let alone having a normal air time that basically none of the shows get
it's blatantly obvious she actually wanted them
>>
>>137680952

The fact that people believe this is why anime is such a style over substance wasteland of samey bullshit nowadays. Might as well just pack it up or have Shaft do everything then.
>>
If this thing isn't great I'm going to complain to you stupid SHAFT fanboys in every thread.
I can't even being to comprehend how you can think they'd be a good choice for this manga. It's like you don't even read it.
>>
>>137682134
just kill yourself nigger
>>
>>137682134
why would I do that
>>
>>137679720

I agree but you're pretty much just wasting your time. Current anime fans think they're just crushing it all the time cause rule of cool prevails nowadays and Shaft for some reason has come define the pinnacle of visual creativity event though Shinbo is largely just aping Dezaki and Ikuhara's styles from the 80's and 90's. It's just that everything is just so bullshit mass produced nowadays that anything that looks slightly different even if it's just kind of a lot of the same visual gimmicks over and over is seen as genius directing and cinematography. It's just one of the many reasons I can hardly take anime or it's fandom seriously anymore.
>>
>>137682134
Maybe you should begin writing your own fanfiction about it because you are more patrician than the author.
>>
>>137680414

Maybe some people just don't care.
>>
>>137681832
You may like Umino and Shaft, but if you think that this manga would benefit from their direction style you're an idiot.
>>137681963
No idea what are you talking about.
>>137681967
>authors shilling anime adaption of their works isn't new
>>
>Implying I care about a cuck manga
>>
>>137682263
then they wouldn't complain, very simple
>>
>>137680794

The forum experiences for this are just going to be awful when source fans run headlong into Shaftfags who are their purely for their style and visual gimmicks and don't give a shit about the source or what it's about in the slightest. There's no way any faction ends up happy in the end is my prediction.
>>
>>137681317

I get the sense that that's as much of a canned publicity comment for Aniplex's sake as a producer more than anything. They're always big on getting the original creator to give some sort of blessing or praise for the anime adaptation going into things. They even got Nasu to do a running commentary for the prologue to Fate UBW just jizzing about everything like an MAL poster. I take it all with a grain of salt as the usual Japanese business politics.
>>
>>137682225
>It's just one of the many reasons I can hardly take anime or it's fandom seriously anymore.

Maybe you just enjoy hurting yourself.
>>
It's hilarious to read newfags' posts who watched like 3 Shaft shows with 2 of them being Monogatari and Madoka who are similar in many places that it makes them spew dumb shit like "samey visual gimmicks" and how they "don't ft".

Seriously if there's a studio that faithfully recreates art styles, it's Shaft.
There's literally 0 chance for it to be bad.
It will probably have jump cuts though
>>
>>137682901
The problem with SHAFT doing this isn't the artsyle recreation. It's the way Shimbo directs, which doesn't fit Sangatsu's atmosphere at all.
The only bits that I could see not being complete garbage are the times where MC is struggling in shogi matches.
>>
>>137682901
Being faithful to the character design is the one thing that they usually do right (not that much of a feat since then they don't animate anything anyway), but the direction style itself is another matter.
>>
>>137683136
shinbo hasn't directed in a billion years
>>
>>137683136
>>137683180
why are you so retarded
>>
>>137683225
I see him listed as a Director in recent series.
But even if he hasn't, he already has a defined style. It's not like he'd suddenly try something completely different this time.
>>
>>137683471
he's a director in name only
>>
>>137682901

>Seriously if there's a studio that faithfully recreates art styles, it's Shaft.

Pretty much any studio that's animating something with a somewhat unique artstyle does it faithfully. How retarded you people to act like shaft is the only one that does that?
>>
>>137682462
Matthew Alt

http://www.altjapan.com/about.html
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.