[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Verdict?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: kyoani2.jpg (803 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
kyoani2.jpg
803 KB, 1920x1200
Verdict?
>>
Left is worse. It's so low-brow it's not even funny.
>>
Right is better.

I actually really enjoyed KnK for what it's worth, even though people like to shit on it all the time here
>>
I like(d) both.

Come at me.
>>
>>137661978
I'm coming at you bro
>>
>>137661616

Nigga I don't think you understand. It's not that KnK is better, It's just that Phantom is so unbelievably bad that it makes KnK shine like a diamond.
>>
>>137662136
Please don't I'm emotionally fragile so I overcompensate by acting tough on this anonymous website.

I genuinely don't understand how people can outright hate left. It's no contender for aots but it's still a nice light hearted show with acceptable levels of humor and action. And Minase's chants alone are worth tuning in for.
>>
It feels like a kids show really
A lot of kyoani shit does
>>
This should be compared to Amaburi.
>>
They're both okay.
>>
Left is really bad. Broke the streak of good KyoAni shows.
>>
>>137662232
This man gets it.
>>
>>137661616
>Verdict?
>people replying as if both shows are already completed

I've never watched either, but I still know this thread is retarded.
>>
>>137663883
You don't need to finish left to know it sucks.
>>
>>137661616
PW is just awful. Low tier fap bait.

Knk had good moments. And the last movie is actually good.
>>
File: Hiroomi.png (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Hiroomi.png
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>137664074
>last movie was a jumbled mess of plots.
Please explain anon.
>>
File: 15.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
I just hope Kurumi continues to get lots of screen time.
>>
KnK is better
>>
Phantom is so fucking bad. KyoAni won't even bother to do a movie for it like it did for all their other shows.
>>
>>137661616
I don't even know why I hated KnK so much, I don't even think there is a tangible reason. I just did somehow.
>>
>>137661616
I will rank Musaigen a little better(maybe just a point if you're using faggot scoring system) just because it doesn't overflow with MC blabbering about his megane fetish.
>>
I dont both shows seriously but KNK is definitely funnier.
>>
File: I_could_get_behind_this.gif (996 KB, 290x231) Image search: [Google]
I_could_get_behind_this.gif
996 KB, 290x231
>>137662232
>>
>>137665178
>thinks MC is aki and not Mirai
>>
>>137661616
Both were excellently done by KyoAni but the source materials are shit that the resulting show ended up as average. I neither like it nor hate it, but I still feel dissappointed since both are visually satisfying to watch but the story progression is shit.
>>
>>137665178
Akiko's megane fetish is relevant though.
It's a result of him being unable to see which world between the human and youkai he is in, therefore feeling blind.
So he wants to provide megane to others to help fixate their vision.
>>
File: 1416622019108.jpg (50 KB, 774x720) Image search: [Google]
1416622019108.jpg
50 KB, 774x720
>>137662675
Amaburi had a more tolerable main guy and girl, and the mascots.

I found no reason to like Phantom World after watching 3 episodes.
>>
Amagi had amusing digressions and fun interplay between Kayne and 50 Cent.

Phantom Bore and KeK has boring digressions and no interplay or foreplay. Or anything
>>
>>137661616
How come Kyoani can train its animators really well, but have such poor choice of source material and writers for their shows?
>>
>>137666058
They don't want to use outside material, so that all the profit will go to them.

That's their agenda.
>>
>>137661616
>KNK
in hindsight, counting in OAV and Movie - pretty great, though watching TV as it aired was let down. Knowing whole story really lets appreciate it and characters more.
>PW
too early to tell. For now its plot empty entertainment, which while fun has little value on its own except for decent production. Have to wait for plot to finally kick in (last 3 episodes..?) and possible movie with serious action.
>>
>>137664128
2deep4u
>>
>>137661616
Both are really stupid and don't make much sense, but at least KnK was interesting. Phantom world is just unpleasant to watch aside from Reina
>>
>>137666158
Was there really nothing available to adapt besides Phantom World? Couldn't they take a few creative liberties?
>>
>>137661616
KnK is the lesser evil of the two. Primarily only because it had hot christmas cakes all around.

PW really is just bad overall. The only redeeming thing about it is Mai.
>>
>>137661616
Both are bad, but left has a more likable cast so I'll go with that.
>>
>>137666625
The fact that they chose Phantom World, something that didn't even win in their own contest already says that they had nothing.
>>
>>137666625
Chances are that they thought Phantom World would sell the best
>>
>>137666725
Anime is made to promote LNs. They did PW since 2nd LN was scheduled for release in November, and final one at January.
>>
Can we just admit Ishidate hasn't made anything good yet so it's a little premature to act like he's a good director?
>>
>>137667098
PW director is Ishihara though
>>
>>137666870
No. They did PW because they had nothing else to animate. So they forced the author to release a 2nd vol so that there will be added sales as well. Only problem was v2 changed everything.
>>
>>137666701
Then what comes after Phantom World?
>>
>>137667483
But they did. They have multiple other LNs - Coppelia, Lighthouse one. Violet Evergarden is probably in production. Robot heart probably will get anime as well eventually.

The exact reason PW got anime is that it had new volumes to promote, nothing else. And it took 2 years between vol 1 and vol 2, and 3 month between vol 2 and 3 (which finalishes the series)
>>
KnK actually took itself seriously, PW is just episodic fun which makes it better right now. Neither have a whole lot of worthwile substance though. I don't really think about either one.
>>
>>137667653
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRzuDMHMYxY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRzuDMHMYxY

>Coppelia never
>>
>>137667788
Also Hibike S2, Koe no Katachi movie
>>
>>137667098
What? No one said he's a good series director, he is a very good episode director though and an even greater animator.
>>
>>137661616
KnK remains the shittiest.
>>
>>137667788
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjrdcKt8_Bc
>>
>>137666725
I'm guessing they already had a team that wanted to do PW, which is why they did it first.
>>
KnK is a great love story. PW is a fanservice anime.
>>
>>137668465
>KnK is a great love story
It is. if you disregard the fact real Mirai is dead
>>
>>137668487
no shut up
>>
>>137668487
She's as dead as Akkey, anon. When Mirai was in the KnK, she created a puppet Aki, which merged with the real one when they existed in the same universe. In the end, Aki's strong feelings tapped the KnK's power inside him to create a puppet Mirai (like she had done before), which merged with the real Mirai existing in that universe. The real Mirai was either inside Akihito (she lost a physical body when she went inside the KnK, but she was still there), or in the ring in the same way youmu turn into rocks. I think they said in the movie that the ring was her mother's body turned into a ring, so I'm not sure what happened there. The thing is that Mirai-hen Mirai is real Mirai.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.