[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is anime and manga so retarded when it comes to crime? >Oh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10
Why is anime and manga so retarded when it comes to crime?

>Oh no, my mom's dead and somehow the police are magically here and they'll certainly think I killed her even though I was at work, my fingerprints aren't on the weapon, and I have zero motivate.
>I should run away to prove my innocence!

Erased is far from the first to do this. This must be a trope at this point.
>>
>>137582687
police always suspect the first person they come into contact though
>>
>>137582737
In China, if they can't actually find who did a crime, whoever reported it takes the fall from it.

It's why there are so many video's from China with people causally walking by people being run over.
>>
>>137582843
source or shit
>>
>>137582843
That's racist.
>>
>>137582687
Artistic license. No one would like reading a manga or watching a show where the standard criminal procedures & paperwork take place.
>>
>>137582737
In murder cases everyone's a suspect though.
Running from something that is crystal clear to everyone with half a brain cell you are not guilty of is simply beyond retarded logic
>>
>>137582737
>suspect
Yeah. It's called a fucking suspect for a reason.
>>
>>137583306
>Artistic license
Nice codework for lazy writing.
>>
>>137583463
Not all shows have lazy writing hid under artistic license though. I do agree Erased logic sometimes is pretty bad, but not many shows portray realistic criminal procedures because its pretty boring.
Just look at the Ace Attorney series for example.
>>
>>137583306
what is law and order
>>
>>137582687
Because no one except autists care about realism much.
>>
>>137583337
Since OP posted a manga page, I assume he knows why Satoru ran in the manga.
>>
File: bad.png (189 KB, 801x272) Image search: [Google]
bad.png
189 KB, 801x272
>>137583646
A-are you ok anon? Do you really think law and order portrays anything in a realistic manner?
I want to believe this is bait
>>
>>137582687
It's just lazy writing.
>>
>>137583561
If you're gonna make something dramatic and emotional, then you need to establish the universe where unrealistic things like this makes sense, otherwise it becomes very hard to take seriously. It doesn't need to be realistic for it to be dramatic and emotional, but it does need to make sense within the established universe of the fiction. If you don't establish anything, then unrealistic events like this subtracts significantly from the dramatic and emotional impact that it is aiming for. MC running away from the crime scene like that makes the viewer question the intelligence of him, because it was never established beforehand that this is a universe where innocence until proven guilty is somehow not a thing.
>>
File: laughing man.gif (989 KB, 470x260) Image search: [Google]
laughing man.gif
989 KB, 470x260
Post good crime-related anime/manga.
>>
>>137582843
Oh thank god. You have no idea how much of a relief this is to me. I saw a video of some woman getting backed up over and mangled. The truck just drove away. People just kept walking by her bleeding out on the ground.

Such systemic flaws in the legal system are horrible and all, but the idea that people by themselves were simply ambivalent about the suffering of others for no good reason was seriously cutting at my very soul all this time. The idea that they all were simply afraid of going to jail because of an incompetent police system makes so much more sense.
>>
>>137582687
Actually things are not so simple OP.
If the police cannot find a stalker, someone that was treatening the victim, or clean evidence of someone breaking inside the house, then the suspicions shift immediately to the people closer to the victim. And when this happen is basically the suspect that must prove his/her innocence, or he/she will be charged by default.
I don't know about the manga in OP, but that's something i have seen happen a lot.
If you live with someone, and one day you find that someone dead in your house, and you can't immediately point the finger to someone else with some relevant evidence to support it, you better run.
>>
>>137582687
Japanese police like to bully false confessions out of people for the sake of closing cases as soon as possible.
>>
I've heard Japan has a pretty bad legal system
>>
>>137583849
Japanease legal system has a pretty high suspect conviction rate. If you are a suspect in any crime there, it would be very hard to proof otherwise.

http://www.tokyoweekender.com/2014/12/guilty-until-proven-innocent-forced-confessions-in-the-japanese-legal-system/
>>
>>137584029
lel
>>
>>137583849
Or you can bank on your readers reading plenty of fiction and being trained to expect breaks from reality like this. And again, if you're OP I don't know why you're complaining about anime-only things while acting like you read the manga.
>>
>>137584029
>the suspect that must prove his/her innocence, or he/she will be charged by default.

Are you seriously this fucking stupid or are you intentionally trolling?
>>
>>137584259
>He thinks "innocent until proven guilty" is real
>>
>>137583849
>wanting someone to give you a bullshit one-line handwave for no reason
You've clearly come to the right conclusion (that it's supposed to make sense in-universe), so why do you need the author to hold your hand for something you can do on your own?
>>
>>137584136
The legal system depicted in Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney is what Japan actually has. For the English localization, this is depicted as a dystopian system that was set up in desperation because of rising crime rates.
>>
File: 1426553783927.jpg (47 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1426553783927.jpg
47 KB, 499x499
>>137583798
>>137583646
>>
>>137583306
Police procedurals are a very common and popular subcategory of mystery novels. They're pretty common in British TV, though for whatever reason they never caught on in the US.
>>
>>137582687
Nigga you do understand where Tokyo's 100% conviction rate comes from right?
>>
I don't know why he didn't report the child abuse to the police. I guess japan has a shitty social welfare system built on shame or something.
>>
>>137584259
Ok, not by default in the literal sense, but is going to be hell.
>>
>>137582687
i wonder whats wrong with people like you

the point is of her death and him being blamed for it, thats what was meant to be conveyed and that was meant to be shown, so why go so fucking autistic over the details that on the story standpoint dont matter? you knew exactly what the writers are trying to convey and it's not outside possibility for the situation to happen, so why does it have to be technically to every detail correct for you to not sperg out about it on 4chan? if it was written in a more realistic way would you really look back on the scene and even fucking care slightly? you got the point of the scene: satou has a problem and is being blamed for it by another entity, that's ALL that was needed to be conveyed, is it really that hard?
>>
>>137584259
See
>>137584322
>>137584139
>>137584136
>>137584119
Nihon legal system is not exactly about justice but rather about closing each case as soon as possible which explains their near 100 percent conviction rate.
>>
>>137582687
In the manga, Satoru has some reasons to act likethis
1) absolute distrust of police since they wouldn't listen to him when he was a kid telling them plane bro was innocent (it was quite a trauma)
2) the owner spoted him runing away from the crime scene (he was actually runing after the murderer, but he was the only one to witness him). this the day after he broke a window during an argument with his mom
>>
>>137584386
I'm pretty sure the US had a shitty CPS system in the late 80s too.
>>
>>137584190
Characters acting like complete retards is not a "break from reality", nor is it entertaining. You're trying really hard to justify bad writing.
>>
>>137584322

If this is true then that is some fantastic localization. More stuff should be worked out like that
>>
>>137584442
why is it like that tho?
>>
File: BokuBait.png (85 KB, 1053x507) Image search: [Google]
BokuBait.png
85 KB, 1053x507
>>137582687
>Post a manga page
>Describe anime original shit

This is the shittiest bait i've seen in a long time. What you said only happens in the anime.

Though I know you're baiting since you posted this same thing the other time around. Also "erased".
>>
>>137582843
>>137583961
That was true years ago but China has laws protecting the person that helps an injured victim or reports a body now. The people still believe they'll take the fall for it though.
>>
>>137584511
>it's bad writing unless he specifically tells us it's good writing with irrelevant background fluff!
Sure.
>>
>>137584572
Little by little we make the world a better place, but the scars of the past take a long time to heal.
>>
>>137584540
Japanese law system built on a culture of valuing the people in charge showing that they are right over actually treating their citizens well.
>>
>>137584382
>look this up
>all of Japan has a 99%+ conviction rate
What the fuck.
>>
>>137584540
They were alone in an island for so many years they have their own twisted way to do things.
>>
>>137584603
>establishing the catalyst for the central conflict of the entire plot is irrelevant background fluff
>>
>>137582687
I've been wanting to make a thread bitching about this very issue myself. No criminal investigation/judiciary system is perfect, but what I see out of Asia region territories seems like the most ass backwards shit I've ever seen. It is as you said, he had a solid alibi as he just got off work with plenty of witnesses, murderer weapon had no finger prints since the killer wore gloves and time of death could be subjugated by amount of bleed out.
>>
>>137584511
>nor is it entertaining
Maybe anime just isn't for you if you cant deal with stuff like this. I guess you could rewatch Planetes for the rest of your life or something.
>>
>>137584442
Saying just that leaves out their tendency to rule suspicious deaths "suicide", and when they can't do that, pressure the local coroner to rule suspicious deaths to be due to "heart failure". No need to prosecute someone if no crime was committed.
>>
>>137584711

Nice samefagging.

Bumping up your own thread is pathetic.
>>
File: SVU-white-male-.jpg (70 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
SVU-white-male-.jpg
70 KB, 1024x575
>>137583646

Kinda funny how anime is more realistic than that garbage
>>
>>137583961
I believe there was also the the thing where injuring someone would mean paying money to support them for almost their whole life, so many people will back up and make sure they kill if they accidentally did hit someone. If they do get caught, they'll pay funeral fees and some amount to the family, but it would cost way less than if they had only injured them.
>>
>>137584711
Asian culture is so backwards that Ajin's premise is believable.
>>
>>137584745
Uh, no faggot. Check the IP if you don't believe me.
>>
Why did he run?
He had an alibi.
If the police questioned him, he just tells them he had no time to do that.
>>
>>137584836
if the world was the human body, china would be the ever spreading cancer
>>
>>137582687
>lock all doors and windows
>japanese police arrives
>claim it was a locked room murder
>get away scot-free because Conan doesn't exist
>>
File: lennie briscoe.jpg (121 KB, 851x1280) Image search: [Google]
lennie briscoe.jpg
121 KB, 851x1280
>>137584803
I'll never forget the good times.
>>
>>137582687
Because Japan has no crime and therefore does not know what a realistic crime scene looks like
>>
File: jack-mccoy-promoted.jpg (25 KB, 400x291) Image search: [Google]
jack-mccoy-promoted.jpg
25 KB, 400x291
>>137584999

oh yeah, those were the times
>>
>>137584369
America has that. It's called The First 48.
>>
>>137582687
>Oh no, my mom's dead and somehow the police are magically here and they'll certainly think I killed her even though I was at work, my fingerprints aren't on the weapon, and I have zero motivate.
Satoru literally explained all that shit in the manga
>>
>>137584836
That's only under the hope that they manage to get a lawyer that bullshits the court into not charging them for murder which is alarmingly easy in China. They always claim they thought they hit a garbage bag in the road and get video evidence withheld.
>>
>>137584935
Except it's not spreading (unlike Europeans historically) and it's getting better in China all the time.
>>
>>137584522
>fantastic localization
There's Japanese-style houses everywhere, not to mention a whole Japanese village of psychics just outside of the city. It's supposed to be Los Angeles.
>>
>>137584711
>murderer weapon had no finger prints since the killer wore gloves

It's his kitchen knife, so it probably has his fingerprints on it. Not that it proves anything, but it would be silly to assume it has no fingerprints at all.
>>
>>137585235
Or bribe the judge, Taiwan which isn't much better than China has police, prosecutor teacher and judge on the very bottom list of respected professions.
>>
>>137585235
How is it easy to charge someone with murder in China?
>>
>>137585507
>eat your hamburgers, Apollo

And I love every time it happens. It's got so absurd it looped into being OK.
>>
File: America.jpg (62 KB, 793x600) Image search: [Google]
America.jpg
62 KB, 793x600
This thread makes me happy I'm American. Innocent until prove guilty, bitches!
>>
File: acelocalization.png (215 KB, 650x902) Image search: [Google]
acelocalization.png
215 KB, 650x902
>>137584522
Have you actually played it?
>>
>>137585681
unless you're a derrorisd/whistleblower
>>
>>137585595
Learn to read.
>>
>>137585470
>Except it's not spreading
you what
>>
>>137585025
Are you retarded?
>>
>>137585681
So why did you invade an already crippled Iraq for non existent WMDs?
>>
>>137586299
lrn2google
>>
>>137586029
Europeans spread across the globe like a plague for several centuries. Japan tried doing the same thing. China has and remains just China. They aren't invading shit.

>inb4 "muh tibet"
It was historically Chinese so unless it turns out your country used to be part of a Chinese dynasty you don't have anything to worry about. Also Tibet was a theocratic hell hole before China took over so you won't see me shedding a tear on their behalf.
>>
>>137586299
oil, pay attention.
>>
Any criminologists on /a/? I'm starting to study it soon
>>
>>137582687
>post a page from the manga
>describe the simplified anime rendition of events
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.