[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hard mode: It subverts or plays with common light novel cliches.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: 1335336689065.jpg (103 KB, 1141x621) Image search: [Google]
1335336689065.jpg
103 KB, 1141x621
Hard mode: It subverts or plays with common light novel cliches.
>>
>Xianxia MC fights and cultivates until he is the most powerful immortal in the universe
>gets his ass kicked by Japanese OPMC
>>
>A boy doesn't fall in love with a girl.
>He hate-stalks her and gets her cellphone by chance, intending to kill her.
>He actually calls the AU version of this girl he hates.
>>
There were three friends from childhood.
A boy always liked his childhood friend. But she always liked the other and so did the other childhood friend. The mc's two childhood friends end up confessing to each other and end up dating. The mc gives up and is happy with the fact that two of the most important people in the world to him are being together. But tragedy struck as truck kun decides to try to take the couple's life. The mc pushes them out of the way at the cost of his own life. At his last words, he confessed but was happy anyways with the two being together. He is reincarnated into a fantasy world where he lives in the slums and with the same face he had. He has to struggle living all alone and was about to die until he meets the demon king. The demon king saves his life falling in love with him. He falls in love with her knowing she is the only one to treat him kind than the rest of the world. Demons were believed to be the enemy but the kingdom was evil. A summoning ritual occurs where his old childhood friends are to defeat the demon king.

Don't know if it counts as subverting.
>>
>>137514291
Threadly reminder that you should stop posting that because it's a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
>>
MC is tired of being a faggot KV so after reading to love ru he tries to recreate Rito's situation and get a harem with generic kindness but things go sour because the girls are not your typical idealized waifu, but modeled after actual 3DPD.

He realizes manga is different from reality and grows as a character learning how to deal with actual realistic grils
>>
>>137514564
Reminder that a fanfic isn't a thing.

http://google.com
>>
>MC is an emcee
>his lyrical genius is transcribed into books made of photons, i.e literal light novels
>>
Girl dies and is reincarnated into the rival character of her favorite Otome game. Said rival is gets a gruesome fate in the otome game at the hands of the love interest due to her bitchy behavior. So all she needs to do is not be a bitch and everything is fine right? turns out no matter what she does it inevitably leads to an event in an otome game that will lead to her destruction. Try to ignore the cast; she gets roped into the relationship anyway. Try to befriend the heroine; ends up being typecasted as the rival regardless. Tries to negotiate with the love interest; he'll hear none of it. and while she is trying and failing to avoid the destruction flags she becomes more and more anxious and insane. Culminating in the main event where she ends up killing everyone
>>
File: Psychic versus Psycho.png (71 KB, 1234x363) Image search: [Google]
Psychic versus Psycho.png
71 KB, 1234x363
>>137513848
It's genderbent Kotoura-san, but it doesn't suck beyond the first episode.
>>
I literally cannot write a light novel plot for shit. I did, however, come out with a few skits about an alternative scenario where Naofumi was proven innocent regarding his rape case...
>>
In a world where only females can study magic MC-kun is enrolled in the school due to his special talents in magic all the while getting in whacky harem hi-jinx with his fellow classmates except the MC is not a guy she's a reverse trap that was allowed to wear male clothes due to her special status One of the harem members is a trap and is actually the only male magician but was forced to wear girls clothes since him being a guy is classified information
>>
File: 1455542596515.jpg (22 KB, 728x90) Image search: [Google]
1455542596515.jpg
22 KB, 728x90
>>137514291
>>
Ok the mc gets sent to another world by truck kun. He does not get a harem except the other guy that was also summoned. The mc kinda has to deal with a lot of shit while being in his party and eventually leaves because of their sheer incompetence and is actually the one helping villagers out ( they give the mc great amount of gratitude than the heroes who are shunned for being dumbasses) and defeating the monsters with actual tactics. Meets the demon lord (aka virgin semen demon) and realizes that the demons are at war with the monsters as well and being mistaken as the enemy. Now the mc must knock sense into the other heroes ( or just kill them, they aren't actually needed anyways) or destroy humanity as they are so egotistical and selfish
>>
File: 2891.png (308 KB, 800x1160) Image search: [Google]
2891.png
308 KB, 800x1160
>>137514291
>>
>>137514891
Great idea. No make it.
>>
File: Frogs a Way.jpg (78 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
Frogs a Way.jpg
78 KB, 800x680
>>137514291
>>
>>137514707
Reminder that fanfics are unable to sell for themselves without a publisher or author approval.

http://deviantart.com
>>
A socially awkward high school boy is very famous in a popular MMO for being the best player and leader of one of the best guilds in Japan. As his life is so much better and easier in the game, he secretly wishes reality was a game...

Instead, an evil boss-type NPC gains self-awareness and escapes from the game's universe. After getting its bearings, it starts stalking and ultimately murdering the players of the heroes that murdered so many of his troops/friends/family/whatever. Now the MC needs to find a way to fight back and protect himself and his friends while overcoming his apathy and proto-NEET ways.
>>
File: lh_mutsumi041.jpg (30 KB, 638x462) Image search: [Google]
lh_mutsumi041.jpg
30 KB, 638x462
Typical male MC in a love triangle with a typical Tsundere popular girl and a typical overlooked ara/genki girl.

The ara girl wins.
>>
>>137514980
There was one post almost like yours I saw before.

Literally everybody else except the reverse trap MC is a trap.
>>
>MC gets forced to be a roomater with a tsundere
>they have a fight on the first day
>tsundere ends up dead that night
>everyone suspects MC because of their fight
>in order to prove his innocence, MC must dive into the history and psychology of the tsundere character trope
>MC planned this all along as a way to make people realize the flaws of the trope and stop the tsunderes from continuing to ruin anime
>>
>have great idea for web novel
>write it down in point form, looks fine
>try writing it in actual narrative form
>it sounds either wooden and stiff, or autistic and uncomfortable

Say what you want about those WN authors churning up generic stories after generic stories, at least they have the guts to risk looking like a retard in front of others.
>>
>>137517556
Keep writing short stories and learning about writing in general before trying to tackle your big ideas. It's certainly hard.
>>
>>137517556

First person narrative is accepted in Asian writing a lot more than western writing. I don't like it since I prefer first person. But at the same time, that's why I think film is a better medium for telling a first person story than a book.
>>
>>137517556
Read "My Immortal" then literally do the opposite of what it did.
>>
>>137517587
I can't. Just a few months ago I read about a WN-turned-LN that had an almost similar premise as mine had.

When I actually read the thing they were quite different, but who knows if some other random guy would think of the same thing as me and write it before I do.
>>
>>137517375

>A story about a guy who is writing a LN.
>Tries to write it about a calm, nice girl.
>keeps getting interrupted and assaulted by a bitch
>his character in the story slowly morphs into a clone of the girl he hates in real life
>becomes a revenge story where he lives out his fantasy of getting into a relationship with her, then destroying her mentally
>>
File: Yukari Tamura.jpg (261 KB, 2351x1956) Image search: [Google]
Yukari Tamura.jpg
261 KB, 2351x1956
Is this the place for stealing ideas?
>>
>MC likes NTR. His dream is to be cheated by his childhood friend, the one he loves. He keep trying to make her fall in love with him, and then make her fall in love with his best friend. But he doesn't know that she already has a secret boyfriend...
>>
>>137517594
I feel like writing in first person is much harder to do well. You need to avoid writing self-inserts, generic characters or using your own personality to fill in gaps when the format lends itself to exactly that.
>>
>a battleharem about an average student who has his crush and best friend stolen by the new guy who rises from the bottom to take the trophy
>angry at such an inexplicable thing ruining his life, he works on his skills until he can finally match it with the guy
>he kidnaps his former crush in order to bring the guy out, but is ultimately defeated when the guy somehow comes up with an OP asspull move in the middle of battle
>>
File: 4th Wall Awareness.jpg (91 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
4th Wall Awareness.jpg
91 KB, 1440x900
>4th Wall Awareness

Okay, so, anime opens on MC. Everything is normal. You watch her go on with her everyday life. But as the series continues, she starts to become aware of you. The more aware she is, the more frightened she becomes. She thinks you're a stalker. She tells her friends all about you but they eventually think she's crazy, and shuns her. Later everyone starts to shun her. In the end, you are all she has. And then it becomes an unrequited love story between audience, and MC. In the final few episodes, both you and her feel the end of the show approaching. In the end, she says, "Even though our story may end here, I hope one day you will remember me. You will decided to watch this show again. You will remember me, but I won't remember you. Sad, I know. But it just gives me a reason to fall in love with you all over again." The end.
>>
>>137517938

Most writers write a self insert no matter what tense it is. That's more of a general issue with writers as a whole.

However, you can be someone who has a unique voice and is good at writing characters, but still struggle with the first person. Because it is much harder to write. No matter if its a novel or a screenplay, it takes an entire different mode to write in first person. As someone who writes teleplays, I still find myself occasionally jumping into third person. And have to correct it in one of my many edits.
>>
>MC and friends get trapped in MMO world come real
>They find a way out halfway through the adventure
>Eventually most of those trapped come back while some stay because they prefer that world
>Months later after MC resettles into normal world in a new city away from home, he finds that MMO monsters and mechanics have been seeping into the real world nearby
>It's been going on for months but it's only made it to public eye after a boss character showed up
>Turns out his invite to the city's boarding school was to gather the original players so they can take care of the breaches. Adults were offered jobs or else.
>The brass believe that they need to take out the final boss to end it and wants to send the best they've got in players and in equipment, both MMO and military stuff, to the MMO world to set up warp checkpoints for the future
>While in the MMO world they fight like normal but in the real world they remote control stand version of their adventurer selves from some distance and MC can only send it out 100m far
>MC now has to train so he can fight alongside his stand in the real world to overcome his guilt in causing the situation

And the tweests are:

>The final boss is dead. It's MC's childhood gamer friend that's leading the other side.
>The breaches will continue to happen until the original instance of it closed off for good
>MC is the original user
>The other method is to return everyone back to the MMO world or kill them
>The government is aware of this
>>
In a world where the ratio between men and women is 1:100, most people end up forming a harem.
Things like social standing and success and life ends up being determined by the size of your harem. Basically, if by the time you finish highschool you don't have at least five haremettes you'll have a hard time finding a decent job etc.
MC kun is above average in looks and studies. He isn't the best at anything and neither the worst except in one crucial thing... he couldn't get even a single girl to fall for him. No matter what he tried throughout his life, people around kept getting every girl before him.
As a failure among failures he is enrolled in a low quality school, but even all of his classmates have budding harems - he is the only lone one.
He panicks in his last school year and makes a desperate effort in trying to recruit the last single girls in the school. But it all fails.
Not long before he considers suicide, he is suddenly granted a mysterious power. That power somehow allows him to sever relationships between people - and he comes to call it the Harem Breaker.
With his newly found ability, MC decides - if he doesn't get to have a harem, no one will. His life's goal becomes destroying this messed up harem world.
Obstacles in his way will be first and foremost the powerful harem kings, like those who hold the world records for largest harem; an ultra-feminist secret organization that seeks to take advantage of him in order to rid the world of males; and more.
>>
>>137518594
Surprised it doesn't already exist/10
>>
>>137518594
> Harem breaker
You got me
>>
>>137513848
People can't log in into VRMMORPG, stuck irl

They start rioting and doing crimes to gain access to the game, which is apparently dangerously addictive.
>>
>Generic OP underdog male protagonist finds himself surrounded by 5 different flavors of harem bait

>twin tailed loli tsundere tsun-kicks OP cuz that's what they do

>accidentally kills him this way

>rest of the LN is about the 5 girls trying to hide his body and make it look like he committed suicide
>one by one they turn on each other
>>
Typial harem battle shounen in high school but the MC is the goofy sidekick, the usual dense generic fag's best friend, who never gets any chick.
>>
Students in country X are to take difficult standardized tests for every quarter of the year. With fail rate high and the stigma of being labeled as retarded and mentally ill for failing those tests, MC fears for his life having spent time slacking off instead of studying. On a certain anonymous imageboard one day, the questions for the upcoming exam was leaked and the pass rate for the test increased significantly. The organization responsible for the leak is Schoolout, an organization that intend for the Education Ministry to reform the system and aid students. Feeling indebted to Schoolout, MC eventually joins and participates in raids made on test centers and leaking tests information and conveying them covertly.
>>
>>137519689
>country X
Oh I wonder what country you're talking about.
Twist being that real-life 'Schoolout' wants your money for the answers.
>>
>>137519705
I dunno so I just call it X as a stand in. And yes, you pay to get the answers which are available on the black market. They only release it free for once as a show of force and rebellion against the Education System.
>>
There are three friends. They fall in love. Then they all break up with each other and live alone. They meetup a year before dying together in the same bed.
>>
>MC moves out on his own for his senior year of high school for vaguely explained reasons
>goes to school
>makes some new friends
>things are going normally
>one day at home someone in the apartment building sets off a fire alarm and the building is evacuated
>while gathered outside, annoyed that his freshly cooked meal will go cold, he recognises he cute christmas cake sensei-chan from his school
>the evacuation was her fault
>turns out they live in the apartments right next door to one another

>long story short: they fuck
>>
>>137513848

A series following the comfy /tg/ adventures of a mid-level party in fantasy land as they travel around exploring the world, and slowly uncover the plot of an ancient Cult to resurrect an eldritch horror. The Cult, of course, has no goddamn clue that this is a terrible idea.

The MCs find out too late and the Cult succeeds halwfay through the series. The MCs then have to git gud and rally together what survivors they can find after the world goes to hell to fight back, reclaim their land and find a way to deal with goddamn not!Azathoth
>>
>>137513848
I can't believe my imouto is a powerlifter.
>>
File: 1361182743074.jpg (61 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1361182743074.jpg
61 KB, 250x250
>>137513848
MC is a wizard truck driver.

He runs over high school students who are in love to exact revenge on filthy riajuus.
>>
A young guy gets a job at a local bakery run by four christmas cakes and they inexplicably want his dick.
>>
>>137513848
4chan board high school SoL
The rival schools are Reddit/tumblr etc
The ending ep is several competitions between such as a soccer match, musical, debate etc
The mc is a newfag
>>
>>137514231
>An story were MC from multiple story genre fight for supremacy.
My money on Shonen MC
>>
>>137518594
>an ultra-feminist secret organization
Droppped
>>
>Memento as harem with lolis
>>
>>137520519
>anything as harem with lolis
>>
MC is a delinquent raised by three nee-sans but he has a secret power. He can create "Flags".

The MC spends his entire time acting as the flagbearer for his delinquent gang as they get into turf wars.
He drops motherfuckers with his flag and flagpole as he also actively attempts to pursue his nee-sans as he truly believes his powers to create flags makes him alpha as fuck.

tags: Incest, Harem, Battle Manga

Plot twist: He understands the concept of Deathflagging and activating flags for Romance and abuses it to win fights and get laid by using his powers ahead of time to manipulate people to do shit like looking at photos of their loved ones before a battle.
>>
Embroidered in an intense political divide during the campaign for the upcoming elections, the American military's operations abroad and funding are cut short admist the senate squabbling over socioeconomic issues which divide the nation. One day, all the major stocks on Wall Street were taken over by an unknown buyer. The same happens in financial centres worldwide. A cartel of PMCs and corporations had banded together and pulled their funds to attain all rival companies in existence in all the financial centres. With this, the major powers of the world become dependent on this Cartel whilst govetnments attempt to subvert this problem and restore the free market. 20 years later, the UN had formed Task Force Falcon to specifically deal with the Cartel of companies that taken over the world. The US with its aging military struggles to retain its status as a global superpower and increase independency from the Senate now heavily influenced by the Cartel. The MC is a spec force operator of Task Force Falcon, armed with the latest technologies pooled from research programmes from various countries worldwide from railgun tanks, drones and exoskeletal suits that increase the damage and speed of the average infantryman. The war for the free market begins with the UN, US and the Cartel all fighting on opposing sides
>>
>>137517989
I've read this shit before, and I like it.
>>
>>137513848
>Hard mode: It subverts or plays with common light novel cliches.

Jesus christ OP, that's not hard mode, that's fucking baby mode.
Every 'come up with an X plot' that appears on /a/, the first thing every anon does is go 'I take this cliche everyone knows... but SUBVERT IT! In the most obvious way!'

It would be a bigger feat to make them come up with something different.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.