[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The [spoilers]betrayal[/spoilers] was dumb.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: JQrgF9e.jpg (70 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
JQrgF9e.jpg
70 KB, 960x720
The [spoilers]betrayal[/spoilers] was dumb.
>>
>>137474813
Not dumber than you, you fag.
>>
delete this
>>
>fucking up spoilers
literally job truniht tier
>>
>>137474813
Fuck you. It was probably one of the most poetic things animated. Leave.
>>
Ya dun fucked it up OP
>>
>>137474813
>spoils by spoiling a spoiler for an important spoiler
fucking hell
>>
File: 1439825222581.png (884 KB, 1052x795) Image search: [Google]
1439825222581.png
884 KB, 1052x795
>>137477350
This.
>>
>>137478064
Andrew Falk tier
>>
>>137474813
I hate this part of show, his motive is an absolute nonsesnse.
>>
>>137477350
>wasting thousands of lives and military resources because of 'muh pride'
Do you think he could look all the war widows in the eye and tell them that their husbands died because he wanted the Kaiser to say sorry? No? Then it was dumb.
>>
>>137478172
>>wasting thousands of lives and military resources because of 'muh pride'

This is one of the story's main themes, in case you didn't notice.
>>
>>137478332
At least all the other times they're fighting their enemies for gain, whereas this was just squandering lives over a child's tantrum.
>>
>>137478150
>>137478172
>missing the point this hard
Of course it was dumb. Of course it was nonsense. He was just looking for an excuse at that point. The whole thing was heavily foreshadowed for a billion episodes. I don't understand how people can be so fucking retarded about it. The man was a self-destructive timebomb and he purposefully jumped off that cliff because he decided he wasn't capable of living a normal life.

I guess if you want to take issue with the whole thing for moral reasons then go ahead, but in terms of narrative and character motivations there was nothing dumb about it.
>>
>>137478360

He was so caught up in the Fezzani plot to destabilise the new government of the former FPA that he had no way out. Since he was not the sort of person to take such manipulation lightly, he masked the plot as his own intentions and sacrificed himself to protect the empire and the KAISER'S pride.

Yeah. Childish tantrum.
>>
File: 1423570320310.png (360 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1423570320310.png
360 KB, 500x375
>>137478378
> Of course it was dumb.
> there was nothing dumb about it.
>>
>>137478454
Why didn't he just kill himself instead?
>>
File: 1451810658820.jpg (54 KB, 524x479) Image search: [Google]
1451810658820.jpg
54 KB, 524x479
>>
Kaiser would've looked stupid if he himself didn't realized that he was rused so he went along with it to protect Kaiser's super perfect image.
>>
>>137478497

Because then the Fezzani plot would have succeeded, ya dingus.
>>
Dropped the prequel after the main OVA. I did nothing wrong, right?
>>
>>137478481
The ostensible reason he rebelled is dumb. The actual motivations are not.
>>
>>137478540
>if he kills himself fezzan wins
>if he gets killed fezzan loses
?
>>
>>137478172
I think he could though. Look Yang was all about saving every soldier, preserving his forces, and he definitely couldn't face war widows. Reuental is the kind of guy who would start a civil war to preserve his pride, evidently he could face war widows
>>
>>137478360
That's what makes him the best, all these people fighting for nations and ideologies, and this guy starts a civil war for an entirely selfish reason. He has no cause, he has no clue what he'll do with power once he seizes it, he just want's to throw the dice.

The reason you don't like him is why we like him, he's very human in a world of Yang Wenli's and Reinhards.
>>
>>137477350
>animated
>logh
Even at 3x speed it was hardly ever animated.
>>
Protip for newfags: Ctrl + S
>>
>>137478150
>hint that he wanted to go at Reinhart since 70 episodes ago when Reinhart himself said anyone who thinks they can overtake me should do it
>motive was absolute nonsense
>>
>>137481204
>>
In a nutshell, LoGH is a 4/10 show for 'intellectual' fags who think they're intellectual, despite having 70 IQ at best.
>>
>>137474813
>I missed all the foreshadowing, characterization and plotting
It shows.
>>
>>137478560
I finished the main series then jumped into the prequels. I found Yang's first story to be boring (him by himself musing over over history books isn't great) so I dropped it for a while. I've since picked it back up, and the Reinhardt arcs are fantastic.
>>
File: 1444235244158.png (1 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1444235244158.png
1 MB, 960x720
>>137478513
Anyone else collect screencaps of animes drinking tea/coffee? they make for great avatars
>>
>>137474813
Women will never understand LOGH.
>>
>>137481913
If you seriously consider Kircheis private detective-arcs more interesting than Yang reading history you have the shittiest taste in the thread.
>>
>>137474813
He never betrayed anyone.
>>
>>137484429
Holy shit, you are such a fucking tryhard faggot. Yang himself is boring, without the other main characters to bounce off, he's not a good character. Reinhardt and Kirkiheis are fantastic together, and seeing their adventure and initial meetings with future comrades is fantastic.
>>
>>137484118
Too gay for them.
>>
>>137481204
>Spoonfeeding
>>
>>137484583
>Reinhardt and Kirkiheis are fantastic together
That's probably why the shittiest arc of entire series is Kircheis doing investigations alone. Also even if their character chemistry is great, stories about them in academy are boring as hell familia. I'm sure you enjoy all the arcs that are nothing else than just waste of breath, realistically giving nothing towards character development or background details which have been done better even in the series itself, right? It's like watching different series that lacks all the positive qualities logh had. This amount of shit taste is slowly killing me inside.
>>
>>137481204
Why not Ctrl + W?
>>
>>137484756
>That's probably why the shittiest arc of entire series is Kircheis doing investigations alone.
What the fuck are you talking about? Did you even watch the show?

>nothing towards character development or background details which have been done better even in the series itself, right?
Oh wow, you didn't actually watch the show.
>>
File: makeamerigagreatagain.png (37 KB, 642x699) Image search: [Google]
makeamerigagreatagain.png
37 KB, 642x699
>>137474813
nice attempt, op
make sure to read the faq again instead of shitposting
>>
>>137474813
I dropped it at that episode
>>
File: 1450446173187.jpg (74 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1450446173187.jpg
74 KB, 960x720
>>137484835
I don't know which show you watched if you believe Kircheis is enough to carry multiple episodes alone.

Also many of the back-story arcs portray Kircheis and Reinhard in such a ridiculous positive light it seems more like an adventure of Gary Stu company doing cool things instead of the more humane portrayal we got into series. Liking filler cancer should be a punishable crime.
>>
>>137484990
>I don't know which show you watched if you believe Kircheis is enough to carry multiple episodes alone.
It wasn't just him, you fucking idiot. Reinhardt was there with him. Seriously, how fucking stupid are you?

>portray Kircheis and Reinhard in such a ridiculous positive light it seems more like an adventure of Gary Stu
>Defending Yang arcs while calling another character a Gary Stu
Holy shit, I didn't think anyone could actually be this stupid.
>>
>>137474813
Fucking dumb newshit, kill yourself.
>>
>>137478172
The whole anime was a glorification of war, that's just the story.
>>
>>137485074
>It wasn't just him, you fucking idiot.
Funny you tried to call me out on "not watching the series". It was the arc that was supposed to be Kircheis going vacation. It's like the entire point of the arc Kircheis is operating on his own. Holy shit anon, you are just embarrassing yourself further.
>Defending Yang arcs while calling another character a Gary Stu
Technically I never claimed Yang was never a Gary Stu. And even if his intellectual merits are overplayed, it's often countered by him being a lazy cunt. Naturally Reinhard and Kircheis also have negative traits: they are not present in the specials though, which is something you obviously should realize I'm criticizing. But it's really not a wonder you missed this, seeing the quality of your all comments.
>>
>>137485235
>Funny you tried to call me out on "not watching the series
You stupid fucking idiot
>>137481913
>I've since picked it back up, and the Reinhardt arcs are fantastic.
>arcs
Did you miss the 6 fucking arcs that featured the both of them? Read the fucking thread before you spew shit out of your mouth.

> it's often countered by him being a lazy cunt.
Which has literally no actual downside in the show. He still effortlessly succeeds at everything and is loved by everyone.

>Naturally Reinhard and Kircheis also have negative traits: they are not present in the specials though,
Just reinforcing that you didn't watch the show, right?
>>
File: lostmysoulinPE.jpg (54 KB, 896x349) Image search: [Google]
lostmysoulinPE.jpg
54 KB, 896x349
>>137474813
>tfw oberstien was the only one who actually gave a shit about the common man
>>
>>137485521
I don't really care about your "muh 6 arcillion", you're right there are multiple arcs that feature them together and I never claimed otherwise. But as I was referring to the arc where Kircheis is alone, other arcs don't really matter here as I was never even referring to them in the first place. You clearly haven't watched the series if you don't remember the arc. It's not called spewing shit from my mouth, it's called you being an ignorant retard and trying to derail the discussion away from the arc I was referring as you clearly haven't seen/can't argue back about the specific arc.
>He still effortlessly succeeds at everything and is loved by everyone.
He is only loved by the people constantly around him. Everyone else is either indifferent or considers him a cunt.

And it's clear we have different standards about "everything succeeding" as he pretty much died a horrible death alone. But then again, I'm not here to tell he isn't Gary Stu.
>Just reinforcing that you didn't watch the show, right?
Listen man, as long as you fail to admit certain arcs exists, this is the worst kind of "argument" as you have difficulties even discussing the show. Sure, I could say Kircheis and Reinhard succeed in everything they do (which is something you tried to apply to Yang as well) and in the process are portrayed as justified badasses in the prequels. Again, the series has more complicated take on this, but the prequels are just stuck on this level. But I guess none of this really matters to you as you'll undoubtedly pull your favorite move "lol those arcs do not exist + stream of buzzwords".
>>
>>137485922
>I'm a backpedaling retard who literally can't read
Fuck off. You never had a point, you just wanted to yell like an idiot.
>>
>>137486581
What a quality reply that totally misses everything in my post. It's nice to realize I've won this argument and you literally have no comebacks left. No doubt you will still attempt to answer this post with some quirky response probably involving personal attacks and memeposting, but deep down, you'll remember this moment as the moment you admitted your defeat. You can have the last word if that's what you want. I love guys like you, anon.
>>
>>137478378
The man wanted to go out on top, but he knew he'd never last long. The mans ambition undid him. Period. This thread is awful.
>>
>>137486842
Holy fucking shit. Someone asked about the prequel arcs. I said the arcs with Reinhardt were good. Your response was
>If you seriously consider Kircheis private detective-arcs more interesting than Yang reading history you have the shittiest taste in the thread.
Now explain to me how you're not fucking retarded.
>>
>>137485827
I don't think he did, the common man is retarded and doesn't know what's best for them and the world they live in
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.