[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finally got around to playing//watching planetarian. Man, that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 321536.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
321536.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
I finally got around to playing//watching planetarian. Man, that hit me pretty hard. It had one of those endings were you have to lie back and look up at the ceiling and ask yourself what are you doing with your life. Something about her dedication and passion for the planetarium, it's customers and staff really made me like her. I feel they could have done more with the ending (including the drama cd ending). An anime movie would be pretty nice. I can never understand why key doesn't capitalize more on these things. Make a damn OVA for this. Make a tomoyo after movie.
>>
I thought it would have been perfect if only the ending had MC saving her memory disc and managing to escape. It would have still been bittersweet but with a hint of hope for her future revival. This way it was just pure feel bad ending.
But still one of the best short novels I've read.
>>
>>137382677
didn't you play the drama cd? You find out what happens to him
>>
>>137382281
Planetarian hits pretty hard for people that does astrophysics. A friend who worked at the local planetarium said that the scene where the zeiss Jena projector got running hit him like a brick.
>>
>>137382760
you mean the scene where she gives her presentation? Her eagerness and passion in that whole thing melted my heart. Personally I lost it when she was reciting her usual greeting for customers at the end.
>>
>KyoAni will never ever adapt this

Hurts to live.
>>
>>137382744
I did not, back in the day it wasn't translated. I guess I will have to.
>>
>>137382677
>if only the ending had MC saving her memory disc and managing to escape
Isn't that what happened?
>>
>>137382677
Actually, the consensus back then was that him surviving was a complete bullshit asspull and nobody seemed to appreciate it. Broken legs, eyes burnt out, fighting 3(?) of the toughest shits in town, out in the open. No way he could have survived.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 320x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 320x183
Memory disc can be easily corrupted
>>
File: 2656.jpg (247 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2656.jpg
247 KB, 1280x720
If just Kyoani would announce this with the same staff of Disappearance movie...

It would be one of the happiest days of my life. But it's pretty imposible.

I always remember the scene where she narrates the visualizations because the machine stopped working and hits me like a cement bag. If you think about, the superior experience began there. There is no better visualizations than what our own minds can formulate. She made him travel to other world just with her words.

And I always thought Yumemi felt really happy with her only client in all those years but she wasn't programmed to demonstrate emotions. But at least it gave all her dedication a meaning.
>>
This was the only time I ever got something as soon as it was put on sale in steam, along with four extra copies for the only >friends I have there. Needless to say I replayed it after so many years and still cried like a faggot.
>>
>>137385560

The conclusion from the drama discs also hit way too hard.
>>
>>137382744
He goes back and sees her again too which is nice.
>>
>>137385640

Well sort of. But you have to admire the guy, even with his leg destroyed he taught himself basic astronomy, built his own miniature projector and went on to teach the few survivors of the planet about the sky they never saw.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.