[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain me why modern 2006 Japan has a guilty until
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: erased-poster-skip-665x1024.jpg (176 KB, 665x1024) Image search: [Google]
erased-poster-skip-665x1024.jpg
176 KB, 665x1024
Can someone explain me why modern 2006 Japan has a guilty until proven innocent law

The guy literally didn't kill his mom and the police still puts him under arrest
>>
>>137382054
So you don't get the mess that America has with its dumb ass innocent until proven guilty law.
>>
>>137382054
>doesn't know basic English
>doesn't post on the right board
Come back after you have become an hero
>>
Makes it easier.
The tradeoff is a much smoother justice system, but it's way too easy to frame people and lots of innocents go to jail.
But an approach is that you'd have to be really unlucky to be framed so we don't need unlucky people on the streets.
>>
>>137382054
>implying American courts don't have a guilty until proven innocent precedence unless it's white-collar money crimes

Do I even need to attach a reaction image?
>>
You can be arrested on suspicion in most countries. Including America.
Source: Cop in Chicongo
>>
>>137382054
To be fair, he did suspiciously run away from them at the scene of the crime instead of going in for questioning.

Of course with their track record from what happened in his childhood, I guess I can't really blame him.
>>
>>137382107
You're almost as much of a shut-in as the author
>>
>>137382054
You don't have to be guilty of a crime to be arrested. You are arrested on suspicion when the police can demonstrate that they have a need to question you for an opngoing investigation, or can demonstrate that they've collected enough evidence to build a case against you. You defend your innocence on trial afterwards, but prior to that you can be arrested and detained for considerable periods of time while you await trial.
>>
>Be huge ntrased faggot
>So high on your own bullshit you start believing weebs making up random shit about japan because they watched a couple cartoons

>
>>
>>137382190
Japanese law took inspiration from North Korea?
>>
only white people understand Justice
>>
>>137382054
It's called shit writing
>>
>>137382054
>The guy literally didn't kill his mom and the police still puts him under arrest
Yes, because everyone arrested for a crime committed it. What the fuck are you even talking about? Also, lay off on the stupid live-action memes.
>>
>>137382168
This. If someone is dead and you're found at the scene, they will question you. If you try to run while they're coming to question you, you will probably be arrested.
>>
File: 1341794568375.gif (252 KB, 371x371) Image search: [Google]
1341794568375.gif
252 KB, 371x371
>>137382222
nice quad
>>
>>137382054
>modern 2006 Japan has a guilty until proven innocent law
Is it?
>>
File: crime.gif (11 KB, 450x322) Image search: [Google]
crime.gif
11 KB, 450x322
>>137382054

you tell me
>>
>>137382527
That statistic isn't balanced for niggers
>>
>>137382168
It seemed dumb that they arrested him for murder rather than for being under suspicion of murder, though my knowledge is just from American dramas so I have no idea what they should say.
>>
>>137382549
It's also a statistic showing only cases which are confirmed homicides. Unsolved cases aren't reported and only convictions are, which means each nation's yearly confirmed homicide rate statistic is limited to the speed in which their legal system actually processes homicide cases. What these statistics tend to actually indicate, in reality, is how quickly each nation's court system processes homicide cases and how competent their police forces are.

Japan is notorious for the sluggishness of their court system, the absurdly high standards in order for a case to be tried in court (which means fewer arrests ever make it to court) and the general incompetence of their metropolitan police. Their reported homicide rate is low because they try fewer homicides every year, and what the census reports don't tell you is the staggering number of unsolved murders and deaths by "suicide" or "natural causes."
>>
File: mud 3.png (62 KB, 635x480) Image search: [Google]
mud 3.png
62 KB, 635x480
>>137382704

lol

that would actually make it worst for the US than Japan

the drop in crime for Japan is related to shifting age demographics, peak offender age is the youth population, which is shrinking
>>
>>137382704
>Unsolved cases aren't reported
It's just your guess.
>>
>>137382954
It's how national census work. They call it "homicides" for the sake of brevity but what they really mean is "convicted homicides." Even if it's obvious to everyone involved that the victim was murdered, and there's incontrovertible forensic evidence confirming that the victim was murdered, it's not counted because that's not what's being counted. If someone isn't convicted of homicide and sentenced in a court, it doesn't appear on that statistic.
>>
>>137383014
If we're talking suicides here the rate isnt hugely higher than the united states in Japan. It's 12 per 100k vs 18 per 100k.

If we want to get real here >>137382527 is actually full of shit, if we look at actual statistics we see the United states is at 3.8 and Japan at 0.3.

So their intentional deaths are just spread a little differently.

That being said, the mortality rate difference between Japan and the united states is only 1% in favor of Japan.

I will say this though, if you look at specific states where guns are overly prevalent you'll find a much higher occurrence of intentional homicide. Texas for example seems to be a murder capital just behind California.
>>
>>137382527
rekt
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.