[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
his name is beyond netero? seriously? that's like one piece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: Beyond_netero.jpg (70 KB, 418x504) Image search: [Google]
Beyond_netero.jpg
70 KB, 418x504
his name is beyond netero? seriously? that's like one piece introducing a new villain called superior doflamingo
>>
File: leorio.gif (26 KB, 500x218) Image search: [Google]
leorio.gif
26 KB, 500x218
>>137364115
His last name is Paladin Knight? Seriously?
>>
>>137364115
He is called Beyond not because he is better or stronger than Netero but because he wants to go beyond everyone else has been. Hence Dark Continent.
>>
>villain

Also it's more of a hope than anything.
>>
>>137364205
I love those glasses. He has to go cross eyed in order for them to work. He should have some seriously lazy eyes, if he was prescribed those.
>>
File: 1404091812543.jpg (271 KB, 813x766) Image search: [Google]
1404091812543.jpg
271 KB, 813x766
Netero was his last name, his first name was Isaac.
Also he's not a villain. You're fucking retarded.
>>
How long have we been on break again?
>>
>>137365354
>prescription glasses
those are sunglasses you ignorant dipshit
>>
>>137365444

Neither was Netero. I think you guys are missing that part of his analogy.
>>
>>137364250
>not because he is better or stronger than Netero
You don't know this.
>>
>>137364115
Dont matter. HxH is good enough to call him stinking poop fart and he, and the show, will still be great.

Dont let me ever hear you dissing HxH again, ya hear?
>>
>>137365702

He is a symptom of one of the major flaws of HxH though, really. Nothing is planned ahead of time. Just suddenly out of nowhere, Netero has a brother, so because of that suddenness the fact that his name is "Beyond" seems super goofy.
>>
Welcome to anime/manga naming schemes. Consider never watching a Tomino show.
>>
File: 1425097695815.jpg (61 KB, 485x480) Image search: [Google]
1425097695815.jpg
61 KB, 485x480
>>137365781
>brother
If you don't pay attention of course nothing will seem planned ahead of time.
>>
>>137365853

More because it's been a while since I read it, honestly. I'm sure that's at least somewhat understandable
>>
>>137365672
that isn't the point, you retarded idiot
>>
>>137366147

No, its not.
Thats his kid.
>>
He tells people his name is Beyond, but it's probably something else. He calls himself that because he intends to surpass father. He plans to do that by leading a successful expedition into the dark continent. Something even Issac couldn't do.
>>
>>137365672
It's pretty clear that's not why he's called that.
He's very similar to Netero, only had the opportunity and freedom to do what he wanted once Netero died, and the Zodiacs were "ordered" to keep him under control by Netero from beyond the grave. I'm not sure why you'd think "Beyond" implies power in the first place.
>>
>>137366554
So what shithead? I am saying that you don't know this.
>>
>>137366997
>Something even Issac couldn't do
Neither will Beyond, because Togashi won't ever write shit again
>>
>>137367151
Well duh. I thought his whole thread existed in a hypothetical world where Togashi had a work ethic.
>>
Only villains in HxH are Gyro and maybe the bomber fuckers
>>
Why do people like this shit?
It's so fucking unfocused.

It's a solid action shonen, but there's also nothing particularly outstanding.
The characters are all pretty standard and flat.
There's not even anywhere it can go now, since they can grant any wish they want now without cost.

Why does it have such a following?
>>
>>137367810
Complex characters and interesting stories.
>>
>>137364115

But Superior Doflamigo works for Big Mom.

There's a Doflamigo for every Yonko
>>
>>137366926

Yes, and I explained why I forgot that detail. Not that it really affects that point.
>>
>>137365354
Just like Alucard when you see the dots at his glasses as his eyes!
>>
>>137367810
Because every other battle shonen sucks?
I'm serious
>>
>>137367876
>Complex characters
Who?
I guess it's nice that most villains have their own reasoned and well-intentioned motivations but everybody is still pretty archetypical.
>optimistic shonen protag
>weakling comic relief
>edgy fujobait
>edgy pedo fujobait
>edgy fujobait villain

>interesting stories
Like what?
The only solid arc I can even remember is Chimera Ant stuff which is like half of the entire length of the manga, and that's just a vague recycled sci-fi premise.
Hunter Politics was fun though.
>>
>>137367810
>The characters are all pretty standard and flat.
This is factually wrong, all the characters are presented as deeply flawed and multidimensional.
>There's not even anywhere it can go now, since they can grant any wish they want now without cost.
I'll take a wild guess and assume you haven't actually read this, not only is it explained Killua gets free wishes because he doesn't abuse them but also Alluka is out of the current arc.
>>
>>137364115
Their names are IlluMilluKilluAlluKalluto? Seriously?
>>
>>137368160

I doubt anyone would dare to criticize them for playing shiritori for names.
>>
>>137367891
oh no anon, i'm not letting you off that easy
>>
File: 1329605.jpg (453 KB, 774x688) Image search: [Google]
1329605.jpg
453 KB, 774x688
>>137364115
>Gon Freecss
>Killua Zaoldyeck
>Kurapika Kurta
>Leorio PaladiKnight
Seriously?
>>
>>137368889
Same could be said for a hypothetical person who dodges the core point by fixating on a small error.

It's not even really an argument anyway, the author's said he didn't know where he was going when he started.
>>
>>137368045
>optimistic shounen protag
What makes him optimistic exactly? He spends most of the longest arc slowly losing his shit and it culminates in him threatening to kill an innocent, taking her hostage, killing someone brutally and trying to kill himself.
>weakling comic relief
Without mentionning those aren't character traits, he's not a weakling.

The rest of your post are buzzwords and not even character traits again. Not to mention none of those characters are edgy except Killua in the first arc. Are you shitposting or were you genuinely asking a question?
>>
>>137369068
>the author's said he didn't know where he was going when he started.
Where?
>>
>>137369487

If I heard it, it was probably in one of the author blurbs included with the manga. I remember specifically that he started out with simply the concept of writing a manga about hunting, and went from there. I think there was also an interview where he said he came up with Kurapika's backstory during his arc, but not sure about that one.
>>
>>137370331
Then it fits the theme of the series.
>>
>>137370331
I don't think i've ever seen anything of Togashi talking about HxH. Is it in the physical copies or something? I've only read the Viz scans.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.