[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a fan favorite watching order, or should i just watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_ma19vuCFIb1r8j9yro2_500.jpg (48 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ma19vuCFIb1r8j9yro2_500.jpg
48 KB, 500x379
Is there a fan favorite watching order, or should i just watch chronologically?
>>
>implying /a/ actually watched LoGH
>>
>>137360747
One of the films is just a nice HD version of one of the first couple of episodes, but other than that you can just watch the whole 110 ep ova and be happy.

There's some other stuff, but it doesn't really matter.
>>
>tumblr
Kill yourself
>>
My Conquest is the Sea of Stars movie 1 - movie 2 Overture to a New War - 110 ep main - moronic gaiden spinoffs

golden wings does not exist
>>
>>137360893
it's always the first results you get if you google search
>>
>>137360877
So
Overture to a New War > OVA > Everything else doesn't really matter what order
>>
>>137360970
Kill yourself
>>
>>137361028
Yeah. I think overture is the plot of the first couple of episodes. It's a bit hard to follow as you don't know any of the characters in overture, but it all comes together when you get to the main series.

Other anon is also right that you can watch that sea of stars movie first also, if you want. It's not really connected plotwise, but it's an ok introduction I suppose.

>>137360855
The first season or two even were pretty average, but the writing was still interesting and engaging. But towards the end of season two/start of season 3, it starts to get really great.
>>
>>137360928
>moronic gaiden spinoffs
Are they that bad?
>>
File: 1431796664526.png (1 MB, 898x2895) Image search: [Google]
1431796664526.png
1 MB, 898x2895
>>
>>137361884

Yes, reinardosama past is boring shonen bullshit.

The yang ones are ultra-nerd-war-history, not bad but heavy and pointless.
>>
>>137360747
Watch chronologically, otherwise you just kind of know what the filler arcs are and which aren't
>>
I don't understand the point of watching Overture to a new War if it's just the first few episodes of the series
>>
>>137361976
I wish I followed the guide before jumping into the 110 eps. This makes sense since the series jumps timelines and perspectives unannounced when you watch it by the number/time of release. Then again, I still enjoyed watching the OVA series even after the main series, they're a great prequel and it makes it more enjoyable when you get their throwback references. I never gave a shit about Patrichev until he said pic related first in the prequel during the prison break. Other good lines as I rewatched was when Schönkopf thought he'll live a long life if he followed Yang. Jesus christ, this series is too good.
>>
>>137363928
>long life
>>
My Conquest > main OVA > anything else
>>
>>137363508
It's a remake of the first few episodes in higher quality, why not
>>
>>137363508
Because it has tens of times the budget of the OVA?
>>
>>137364584
Because i'm just going to rewatch the exact same thing when I start the series
>>
What if someone watched Golden Wings as their first entry? MAL lists it at the beginning from a chronological point.
>>
>>137365047
Or you can skip the remade eps
>>
>Have three fleets surrounding the enemy
>Fuck being cautious, let's throw our numbers at them
> Alliance fleets proceed to do nothing while the imperial forces chew through the fleets one by one

WHY
H
Y
>>
>>137363928
>they're a great prequel a
other than knowing every character will die because they dont show up in the mainseries
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.