[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is One Piece worth reading? For real, is it a really good manga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 485696-untitled_35.jpg (104 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
485696-untitled_35.jpg
104 KB, 900x506
Is One Piece worth reading?

For real, is it a really good manga or its just the opinion of the fan base?

(sorry for my bad english)
>>
>>137355669
its great as a first manga

later you continue reading it due to nostalgia
>>
It's pretty good but the first arc sucks.
>>
>>137355669
It's one of the very few long running shounen manga that actually gets better over time instead of degrading in quality. Only read if you like adventure and excellent foreshadowing.
>>
>>137355669
It's a good manga if you don't rush it too much and read the arcs in one go.
If you want to read it, don't try to catch up too fast because it can be harsh to read weekly.
But it's shonen so /a/ says it's shit.
>>
>>137356024
I drop the manga because its getting worst and worst... Punk hazzard and Dressrosa were a pain in the ass.
I heard that its getting better right now... but no tnx.
>>
>>137355669
I think the anime is better.
Why people would read fighting-scenes is a little strange to me.

Why not just fucking start the thing and see how far you'll get?
>>
>>137355669
It really is a great manga. Yeah, there's tons of better stuff, but OP is quite liked for keeping its quality quite consistent and rewarding long time readers who notice little things.
>>
No. It fucking isn't and the consencus here is that it isn't. So stop with the obvious samefagging, op. Fuck you.

S.A.G.E
>>
>>137355669
It's mediocre with a couple of good parts and a couple of really bad ones. Overall probably not worth your time.
>>
>>137356178
PS: Never ever watch the anime, sans maybe looking how your favourite fight was animated later on. Exception is the movie Baron Omatsuri's Island and maybe Strong World and Z, though I didn't like them as much as a lot of fans.
>>
>>137356208
>Replies: 11/ Posters: 11
>>
>>137356173
God you're an idiot. For so many reasons.
>>
>>137356113
It's not getting better, it's just people raising expectations and getting their hopes up again.
>>
manga is awesome. it is better every arc.
first 50 chapters are slow. you get addicted after a while. anime has it's momments. great music, BUT nowadays the quality of the anime is really bad. it's to slow. Manga is epic. read it
>>
It's a huge shit and anyone telling you the opposit is either a no taste or a manchild nostalgiafag
In both case the faggot should kill himself

SAGE decision
>>
Both the anime and manga are good. Ups and downs though.

Worth your time? Depends how much you like it since this is a pretty long series. If you do like it, you'll get pretty hooked.
>>
>>137357498
?
>>
>>137355669
>For real, is it a really good manga or its just the opinion of the fan base?
I'm confused, are you asking if the fan base of One Piece likes One Piece?

Anyway, I love it.
>>
It's great.

Bit of a slow start, but the worldbuilding is fantastic.
>>
>>137360540
Sorry, I'm not a native speaker...

>>137356208
Calm down, I was just asking.

Thanks guys, I will give it a try!
>>
File: -CWm1jMvj9A.jpg (23 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
-CWm1jMvj9A.jpg
23 KB, 604x340
Yes
>>
The manga is amazing in the long run, although it's super easy to spoil your fun if you catch up to the current chapters too quickly.
>>
>>137355669
No it's not.

It was good, but it's been garbage since 2010/11 or so.

Even when it was good, it was just.. "good", as in okay. Maybe if you got into it when you were 10 you can still love it because nostalgia but if you're older than that then nah.

Don't bother.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.