[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tell people what they think >Can't make friends >Accidentally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 10
File: kotoura-san.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kotoura-san.jpg
161 KB, 1280x720
>Tell people what they think
>Can't make friends
>Accidentally talk about how your parents are seeing other people
>Your deadbeat dad never comes home
>Your mom blames her shit marriage on you
>Tells you she hates you everyday
>Finally abandons you while telling you you never should have been born
>Shows up years later and treats you like shit

Lol it's k she was sad when she told me to die

>Make your first friend
>Girl likes him
>Calls you a monster publicly
>Fucks you up so much inside you throw up
>Bullies you about it for solid weeks
>Gets your friend beaten up by karate dudes

Lol it's k she was sad when she was being a horrible person let's invite her into our group of friends

The first 3 episodes were really good, I kinda liked the end with Manabe and all but jesus christ how the fuck do you just forgive people like that. I would have rather seen moritani stay rivals with kotoura, would have made for a more interesting story than some person attacking highschool girls.
>>
File: Mukarurinda.jpg (91 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Mukarurinda.jpg
91 KB, 620x349
>>137346625
A woman in Rwanda, during the Tutsi slaughter had her family and unborn baby murdered in front of her and she was severely injured, she got her hand cut off trying to shield herself from a machete slash.
one of the assailants who broke into her home was a young man she used to go to school with, after the blood bath many Hutus turned themselves in to the authorities, and that young man was one of them. he even approached the woman and asked her forgiveness for what he had done, she forgave him, after thinking about it for a while.
Years later they were working together to construct homes for survivors of the massacre.

The ladys name is Mukarurinda, and the mans name is Ndayisaba.
If she can forgive him, Kotoura can forgive these bitches.
>>
>>137346825
>real life
>>
File: 1406281678690.png (471 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1406281678690.png
471 KB, 1600x1200
>>137346874
Only makes the point stronger that it is actually possible to forgive someone for doing something so awful to you, compared to it happening in a fictional work where a character only actually forgives another because ''that's what the writer wrote''
>>
>>137346625
The manga is even worse. This whole series is just edgy nonsensical tone whiplash.
>>
stop!

you might make someone think this is worth watching

it's not
>>
>>137346825
>those eyes
She knows even if she hated him it will never bring back her family.
>>
>>137347061
I kindaliked it
>>
>>137347061
but I liked it, atleast for the grandpa
>>
>>137347341
I thought it was kinda creepy how he was practically a pedophile for his own granddaughter, especially since she didn't have any other family she could trust.
>>
Kotoura also has the advantage of her ability, which should make it much easier to empathize with and understand them.

I did think the same as OP when I watched it. Although the fact that she did forgive them wasn't really the problem, but how easy it was.

Kotoura's thoughts about it weren't really explained. And she didn't even seem to struggle with it, her mother didn't even apologize. It just felt like "she's my mom so I love her no matter what - she's my daughter, so I don't need to aplogize and she has to forgive me anyway"

Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention, but I think it was just poorly written.
>>
File: ojiisan.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ojiisan.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>137347425
but it was funny, like this scene
>>
>>137347583
>"she's my mom so I love her no matter what - she's my daughter, so I don't need to aplogize and she has to forgive me anyway"

While I absolutely think the series is poorly written, I feel like that specifically is more of a culture thing. Family is a much bigger deal in Japan than in the west. It's better to be stuck with people you hate than have the public perception of a broken family.
>>
Of the first episode and only that episode, best 10 minutes of my life

Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
>>137347659
Yeah I too thought it may be a japanese thing, though not because of the family reputation, but the culture of maintaining harmony and not causing trouble in general.
>>
>>137346625
I still haven't watch the last episode after all this time.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (317 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
317 KB, 1920x1080
>>137347425
>pedophile
>highschool girl
other than that, I don't remember him doing anything to her. He took care of her after her mother abandoned her,buying her expensive shit might be a way for him to express love and care and also didn't give Manabe a hard time for being a "competition", might've even encouraged it, I don't quite remember
>>
File: ojiisan2.webm (3 MB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
ojiisan2.webm
3 MB, 1136x640
post more best ojiisan
>>
about Harmony:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu5Pk164xgc

So maybe we're supposed to see Koutura as the ultimate japanese. She just wants to maintain harmony, no matter how shitty people treat her.
>>
>>137348028
Best episode next to the first one.
>>
>>137348103
>next to the first one
why do you like the first episode so much?
Do you enjoy suffering?
>>
>>137346625
I thought op was blogging on /a/ for a sec
>>
>>137347061
It the end it was nothing special, but far from truly shit.
>>
File: 1347934369235.jpg (148 KB, 600x464) Image search: [Google]
1347934369235.jpg
148 KB, 600x464
>>137348125
>Do you enjoy suffering?
Of course.
>>
>>137348209
still makes me sad
>>
>>137347425
>everybody hates your cute granddaughter
> nobody cares if you sexually abuse her
>>
>>137348288
stay in your containment board please
>>>/pol/
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.