[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Saitama want fame in some episodes, but in others he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 18
Why does Saitama want fame in some episodes, but in others he is the most humble person in anime history?
>>
>>137326107
he said it himself dunno where ; he doesn't really care but some appreciation would be fucking nice
>>
Because this manga/anime is way more complex than the weeaboo shit /a/ is used to.

Yes, what he has shown and done contradicts what he wants. He wanted to become a superhero and he wanted fans and fame.

Saitama has been shown to be very humble, as he purposefully let the masses turn against him, for the sake of the defeated heroes to be given credit for their efforts; claiming that they have weakened the Sea King before his arrival. He did the same for the police in the Special Chapter, dressing as one of them and killed a monster, though he would had gain much fame had he revealed who he actually was. He also didn't mind that King took credit for all of his achievements.

All of that above contradicts him wanting fame. He lets others have the glory instead of him.

Humoring boros, and wanting to go through Genus's 8 levels are things that a humble person would do.

Just like in real life, people are complex. Sorry if Saitama isn't a guy who just want fame and nothing else, or just be a humble as fuck guy like the old wise men in every single weeaboo shit anime that is never greedy.
>>
File: freddy mercury.png (104 KB, 272x314) Image search: [Google]
freddy mercury.png
104 KB, 272x314
>>137326444
I think part of it is that he doesn't seem to have a good grasp of scale. No matter how big of a villain he faces, he can't understand why it's a big deal. Like what, is he going to brag about defeating Sonic? That scrub (from his perspective) is going to be his ticket to fame? He barely even counts as a villain (again, from Saitama's perspective).
If there were a legit villain that could even begin to meaningfully oppose him, maybe he would take pride in that victory and want to be known for it. But some minor baddy, he might as well give credit to someone who actually tried, even if he ended up doing most of the work. And to him, every baddy is a minor baddy.
>>
>>137326444
Or it's just bad writing and the retard writer kept forgetting which direction he wanted to go.

>Sasuga nippon shit taste.
>>
>>137326444

Nice try, but unfortunately >>137326744 got you good.
>>
The story and canon matters very little, every thing exists there to be a powerlevel joke
>>
>>137326744
>Characters must have a 'black-and-white' personality
Maybe the writing would be good for you if the manga has the same 'unique' weeaboo characters from every other manga/anime ever?
>shy girl
>tsundere girl
>moe girl
And so on.
>>
>>137326744
This anon is right.
>>
>If I want an apple, that means I have to kill people for it
>>
File: 1450670286889.png (338 KB, 771x642) Image search: [Google]
1450670286889.png
338 KB, 771x642
Because he's not emotionless and his mood actually changes. He snaps sometimes. It hurts like a bitch when you've been hero'ing for years, taking care of big-ass threats, but no one knows who you are. That said fame is not CRUCIAL to him because he doesn't give a shit about ranks in HA for instance and hasn't bitched about being unpopular ever since Sanic dissed him and he joined HA. He just doesn't want to be completely unknown. He deserves SOME credit at least, come on.

Saitama is not 100% selfless saint material, he's only human.
>>
He'd like some surface-level appreciation like a few fan letters and whatnot but not at the expense of the other heroes. This is why he pretended to be a piece of shit after killing the Sea King because that fat fuck was turning everyone against the others who did their best to beat him.
>>
Saitama idolizes heroes. He prioritizes that ideal over his own want for fame. Which is why he lets others take credit for his actions for the sake of protecting the image of heroes as a whole.
>>
>>137328649
Except when the manga tries to make him the the most moral person around that sets everyone he encounters straight with his "simple wisdom".

He's kind of got all the worst traits of superman and Goku rolled into one guy.
>>
>>137328847
>Except when the manga tries to make him the the most moral person around that sets everyone he encounters straight with his "simple wisdom".
since when
>>
>>137326744
>>137326903
>>137327241
Stop samefagging
>>
File: 1409876196926.jpg (157 KB, 1019x710) Image search: [Google]
1409876196926.jpg
157 KB, 1019x710
It's a comedy.
>>
>>137326744

/thread
>>
File: my sides.jpg (88 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
my sides.jpg
88 KB, 600x849
>>137328847
>most moral person around
>simple wisdom

Is shit like
>straight up bullshitting Genos
>fighting carelessly (see Marugori)
>using Charanko despite the guy asking him not to do anything stupid
>dine and dashing
>getting ready to fight Flash because he thought he's a monster
>casually destroying HA's new security system because he decided to adopt two Dragon levels
all instances of him being a very moral and wise person too? Saitama is pretty wacky and not at all selfless. He doesn't magically heal everyone he meets either. Look at Sanic and Tats, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>137330004
>dine and dashing
Unforgivable
>>
>>137326107
He wants fame but not at the expense of others.
>>
File: 14400162478060.jpg (26 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
14400162478060.jpg
26 KB, 247x248
>>137330004
I find it so fucking hilarious that Saitama called Flashy Jobber a monster but was able to tell Garou is a human with no killing intent from an attack that looked much more devastating.

FF was seriously trying to cut him down because Saitama outblitzed him the first time. Crazy runs in the family I guess.
>>
>>137326107
It's pretty obvious

We all want to get rich, but would you accept becoming rich in a way that makes your entire neighborhood become poor?

yeah I know you fucking souless shits would say yes, but most people would feel bad about becoming rich that way and want to become rich in a way that doesn't harm others. The same with Saitama, he wants fame but not if it means bringing others down (if he took credit those two times it would have discredited lower ranking heroes and police men)
>>
Next (One) chapter when?
>>
>>137331560
ONE is busy helping with Mob's anime adaptation at the moment so the answer is: even later than you'd expect.

UK said Mob is on a short hiatus (about a month). It's safe to assume OPM won't be updated until late March (at least) either.
>>
>>137328847
>Except when the manga tries to make him the the most moral person around that sets everyone he encounters straight with his "simple wisdom".
This never happens.
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 200x193
>getting this critical about a gag series
>arguing with people over it
>>
I feel as though the anime made him a lot more humble than he is in the comic and manga
>>
File: 1387465081566.jpg (54 KB, 550x382) Image search: [Google]
1387465081566.jpg
54 KB, 550x382
Saitama is like a mod of 4chan.

He does it for FREE. But sometimes he wants some appreciation for all the shitposting he removed and people he banned. He doesn't get it though, everyone thinks he's a fag. He's continuing his work regardless, thinking he's a true hero who can ONE BUTTON BAN people.
>>
File: 1369210466269.png (489 KB, 656x425) Image search: [Google]
1369210466269.png
489 KB, 656x425
>Someone makes a paragraph long point explaining exactly how and why this is the case
>"lmao bad writing"
Classic. Stop samefagging.
>>
>>137327118
>Characters must have a 'black-and-white' personality
But Saitama does. He isn't compelling or deep in the least.
>>
>>137326744
This meme truly lost its meaning.
>>
On a similar note, why wasn't Saitama having the time of his fucking life fighting against Boros? Here's a guy, the strongest he's ever encountered, who is mostly unfazed by Saitama's blows for much of the fight and can hold his own against him for far, far longer than any other opponent.
Saitama should have been fucking ecstatic that he could fight Boros, and yet he seemed just as bored as with every other monster earlier. Why? He actually had to get kind of serious to kill Boros, so why wasn't he as happy as he was during the dream in the first volume?
>>
>shit writing
>its a gag manga. don't take it seriously

Or it simply could be that Saitama wanted fame but not at the expense of others. Christ /a/. The scene with the neet could not have made that anymore obvious.
>>
OPM is supposed to be comedy gone super. Why are DBZ fags so ass pained from this?
>>
File: 1439182735555.jpg (44 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1439182735555.jpg
44 KB, 540x540
Dragon ball is no longer relevant
>>
>>137335670
Because he only had to put in slightly more strength than usual. He was far from going all out, Boros even pointed that out.

>check all images with ice cream
Fuck you captcha, now I want ice cream.
>>
>>137335670
>why wasn't Saitama having the time of his fucking life fighting against Boros
Because the difference between Saitama and Boros' power level is about the same as the difference between Saitama and every other character in the series added to him. The only reason Boro lasted so long was because Saitama decided to let him live out his dream.
>who is mostly unfazed by Saitama's blows for much of the fight
Saitama's first punch sends him flying, covers him in blood, and rips open a mouth on him. His normal consecutive punches blow his body to pieces/a bloody splatter in the anime. His serious punch killed him.
>>
>>137335670
In the dream Saitama was actually getting hurt; being able to feel pain reinvigorated his will to fight (knowing that he was in for an actual challenge). He felt alive again in his dream. Sure, Boros was able to withstand multiple punches, but he was unable to hurt Saitama in the slightest.
>>
File: Life.jpg (54 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
Life.jpg
54 KB, 720x400
>>137335708
Maybe it's because their bored. As much as I love watching shitposters go at it, it's easy bait. There are children lurking here. Akin to liking comedy, they'd enjoy it. Personally, I think Shitposting should never end. It's what makes 4chan, 4chan. But this is my theory. I don't know.
>>
>>137335699
this
>>
>Dragonball
>time skip (goku died), time skip (goku died) time skip (goku died)
>HAHA, GOKU OP
>>
>>137335889
Keep in mind Saitama still had the ability to kill him in a single punch at any time.
>>
>>137335902
>their
>>
File: good shit.jpg (103 KB, 681x440) Image search: [Google]
good shit.jpg
103 KB, 681x440
he cares enough to want appreciation
but not enough to write home about

like everything ever people have a triage of wants and needs
recognition is there but falls below many other things like saving the day or helping a bro out
>>
File: disband_this_thread.png (128 KB, 727x1079) Image search: [Google]
disband_this_thread.png
128 KB, 727x1079
>>137326107
Saitama wants to at least be recognized for some of his deeds, but without hurting the reputations of other heroes.
>>
File: 1447966409708.jpg (143 KB, 378x395) Image search: [Google]
1447966409708.jpg
143 KB, 378x395
>>137326107
Saitama falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well. But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, he realizes the girl he called doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is One Punch Man's alternate universe counterpart that's genderbent, One Punch Woman, who has fallen in love with her own male self.

Hijinks ensue after Saitama punches a hole to the alternate dimension in order to conquer the heart his female self. While the two finds their way into their respective dimensions, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other and question the NATURE of STRENGTH.
>>
>>137326107
why is there a deviantart logo in that picture?
>>
File: 1435685304733.png (47 KB, 1060x254) Image search: [Google]
1435685304733.png
47 KB, 1060x254
>>137336527
>>
>>137336527
are you for real?
>>
File: Batman-Ai.jpg (59 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Ai.jpg
59 KB, 400x387
>>137336527
>>
File: tumblr_nzasqmRB1n1v0ux9so1_1280.jpg (60 KB, 1230x524) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzasqmRB1n1v0ux9so1_1280.jpg
60 KB, 1230x524
>>137326744
What is with it when good show becomes liked, a bunch of contrarians start saying it sucks even if they liked it?
>>
>>137336976
Because they want to feel special.
>>
>>137336976
is that not true for every piece of media, whether show or comic or game?
as soon as something loses it's niche appeal and gets popular publicly, hate starts building up for it, especially on this website.

that being said, i haven't really seen anyone say it's a bad show, because it isn't
>>
>>137336527
Threadly reminder that you should stop posting that because it's a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
>>
why does saitama train so he can defeat any enemy in a single punch then complain incessantly that he can't find a good fight

dude has a shitty grasp on what he wants out of life like a lot of people do.
>>
>>137337137
he didn't try to get that absurdly strong, it's just how he wound up.

he only wanted to get stronger, but he still wanted a good fight and not get bored

have you even been reading it?
>>
the glory vs mediocrity dichotomy is explored in greater depth in Mob Psycho. I think ONE is struggling between his personal wish for greatness, exhibited by the fact he creates overpowered main characters, and the Japanese collectivist culture of hammering down nails that stick out.
>>
>>137336976
i can tolerate the animeonly shitposter since taste is subjective. but what trigger me most is seeing ONE purist suddenly shitting on OPM anime relentlessly and jerking off to the upcoming MOB anime as their saviour. they nitpick all the smallest thing they can find just to shit on OPM because its no longer "niche"and no more sekrit club sanctuary for them.
>>
>>137326444

I think King is pretty based.

Think about it, sure it's kind of shit how he gets paid by the HA to take credit for things people assume he did.

But even when the UFO crashed he actually turned up.

he doesn't have powers, he just helps if he can.
even if he's pissing his pants or seconds away from a heart attack.

also interested in Pig God and Engine Knight
>>
>>137326107
shit nigga this isn't complicated.

he is a good human.

think about that

a good

human
>>
>>137337058
Fuck you, are you always monitoring threads to post that crap? Are you insane?
>>
>>137336976
>tumblr
Fuck off.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.