[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did it flop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: chk_jschl.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
chk_jschl.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Why did it flop?
>>
>>137317306
I dunno, I never watched it
>>
Otaku don't like used goods
>>
They're boobs. That's what they do
>>
>>137317306
No nipples and rape.
>>
>>137317306
I dunno, but it was mediocre so I don't care
>>
Maria was not doormat whore. Otakus hate strong women with their own opinions.
>>
the whole hymen punch with a metal fist was even too much for japan.
>>
>>137317460
It was not mediocre, it wasn't great or anything but certainly not mediocre
>>
NTR.
>>
>>137317306
No nipples.
>>
>>137317525
So a little bit above average? All right, I can agree on that.
>>
I liked it, quite refreshing. Michael a shit.
>>
Nobody likes seeing the pure waifu girl getting (not) raped

Also Japs dont like the western setting
>>
File: ema_dance.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ema_dance.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
The characters, setting and art were amazing but the plot got stupid in the end.
It was a pretty original anime, I think that's the main reason why it flopped. People tend to stick to things they know.

I mean seriously. A witch that has a harem of a succubus, an incubus and an angel.
>>
File: 1422814501673.jpg (524 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1422814501673.jpg
524 KB, 1280x720
>>137317306
Ezekiel a best.
>>
>>137317306
It did not. Manga adaptation rarely are expected to sell in the first place.
>>
>>137317790
>>137317514
Hello tumblr
>>
>>137317306
I didn't watch the anime but I read the manga (there was no rape in it by the way), and I thought it was great until they pulled the: "just kidding, god and angels are actually good guys".
It was so disappointing I felt like I had wasted my time reading it. It didn't make any sense:
in one scene the slutty witch (don't remember her name) says god and angels are incapable of understanding what human love is, and in one of the dialogues between Ezekiel and Michael the former basically proves her right: god's an asshole who's getting in the way of one person who actually wants to help people. Maybe she's doing it for self gratification, but it doesn't really matter.
And then, out of the blue, it turns out god's love consists in just watching without intervening: what the hell? At least give some half-assed explanation instead of the usual "god works in mysterious ways" meme we have all heard.
Yeah I know this is a fedora-tier post but goddamn, however you look at it the ending made no sense. At least I'm glad Ezekiel had a happy ending.
>>
>>137317790
Yeah it's not like SNK, Berserk, Slayers, Dark Souls or Dragon's Dogma are any popular in Japan or anything.
>>
>>137317306
I liked the depictions of combat but I simply couldn't care about the rest of what was happening. I would have preferred something actually historical.
>>
>>137317790
Japs don't dislike western settings or themes they love them like >>137318608 points out.

Ignore if you don't care about vidya it's to make a point though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3RFwvSpyM
Just look at this Japan is hype as fuck for it they even get it before the rest of the world.
>>
>>137318591
I wouldn't say that's fedora-tier. That sounds like fair criticism because that's what the message is related to.
>>
>>137317393

I had a sensible chuckle.
>>
>>137317306
I don't think it was expected to do super well.
>>
>>137318591
The post isn't fedora-tier because you aren't pushing your beliefs on the manga. You're complaining it used a shitty explanation to justify God and Michael's assholishness in the story, which is an entire valid crticism
>>
>>137317525
I think it was mediocre, maybe a bit above up until the last few episodes. It's interesting for its setting but the story itself is a bit too ham handed.
I down the manga, though, and it was probably my favorite show that season. I certainly don't remember else I was watching when it aired.
>>
I want to fuck Maria.
>>
File: edwina maria the virgin witch.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
edwina maria the virgin witch.png
2 MB, 1366x768
Not enough Edwina, she was best girl.
>>
>>137317525
It was something sorta great, but ruined completely by how the pacing was done.
So: Mediocre
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.