[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck did I even just finish watching just now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled.png (3 MB, 2000x1409) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3 MB, 2000x1409
What the fuck did I even just finish watching just now.
>>
>>137291209
>What the fuck did I even just finish watching just now.
Why are these threads allowed?
>>
>>137291294
Yes we should avoid talking about anything that didn't come out this season

Not every thread is about one-joke man.
>>
2deep4u
>>
>>137291330
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>137291209
Well, you watched it all so you must have (kinda) liked it.

Dunno man, it was too long ago to explain now. Best tip i can give you is to search arround the web a bit.

Utena is a legend, so there is plenty of info out there.
>>
You need to understand that the more intelligent a film is the harder it is to explain. You can discuss many western films with ease because they're so much simpler and 2 dimensional than much of what Japan makes.

Revolutionary Girl Utena is Kunihiko Ikuhara's multifaceted social commentary and deconstruction of the mahou shoujo genre, as well as a protean character study exploring the duality of man and the master/slave dialectic. Only the highly educated can realize the multiple layers of complexity, and actually be able to understand and appreciate such a highly intelligent masterpiece. Much unlike western media:

Vertigo is simpler than most slice of life anime. If this is you sceptic's idea of an intelligent film I laugh at you with pity.

Rosebud XDD is nothing compared to any of ikuhara's stuff.

Kubrick made ending of 2001 a space odyssey incoherent and it just didn't make sense without reading the book. Everything other was style over substance. Like anything from Kubrick.

Things on the scale of utena require a class to be explained, not some random bloke on the internet with limited time. If you fail to see this I don't know how to make it any simpler anymore. The japanese are truly amazing,man. I mean look at their amazing history and culture.They have the best literature in the history of the world. So why are people surprised that they made the best series ever?
>>
>>137291674
This. There are at least two websites out there that give you great answers to all of your questions and analyze every nook and cranny of this show.
>>
>>137292124
Probably bait but I laughed anyway.
>>
>>137291209
Yuri NTR
>>
>>137291294
>finish anime series
>wants to talk about it
>finds no available threads of it

some of us like anime /a/non
>>
I'm 2 episodes from finishing, it's fucking great but I'm going to have to spend some time reading about it to digest it fully. Will need to rewatch it too, it seemed like it would benefit from tighter plot progression because the first half didn't strike me as anything special compared to ep 20 onwards, but I bet I missed a lot.
>>
>>137292124

>Revolutionary Girl Utena is Kunihiko Ikuhara's multifaceted social commentary and deconstruction of the mahou shoujo genre

>deconstruction of the mahou shoujo genre

>mahou shoujo

I bet this part wasn't even bait.
>>
Anyone else like episode 37 the most?
>>
>>137294954
I'm an episode 31 kind of guy myself.
>>
>>137291330
Someone is upset.
>>
File: snapshot-00046.png (520 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
snapshot-00046.png
520 KB, 720x540
>>137291209
Fuck off newfag.
>>
File: gauntlet.jpg (49 KB, 450x284) Image search: [Google]
gauntlet.jpg
49 KB, 450x284
Black Rose Saga > Apocalypse Saga > Student Council Saga
>>
>>137294954
>>137295067

I can't help but love episode 39 the most. Everything about it was perfect.
>>
>>137294202

similar here, 3 from finishing.

I'm just hoping to get an answer on wtf is up with that monkey catching robot.
>>
>>137296344
robot = mikage
monkey = perhaps akio
>>
Wakaba best girl
>>
>>137298985
That's not Nanami.
>>
should I watch it or just read the manga
>>
File: wakaba combo.webm (2 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
wakaba combo.webm
2 MB, 960x720
>>137298985
>>
>>137299093

alright, i'll admit she's a close second best.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.