[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen is the greatest anime of all time.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: tsuiokuhen.jpg (60 KB, 315x450) Image search: [Google]
tsuiokuhen.jpg
60 KB, 315x450
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen is the greatest anime of all time.
>>
>No but it is good
The least retarded opinion you can have about this topic
>>
>>137242291
It surely is up there anon.
>>
It has the greatest soundtrack of all time, that's for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VyMW-pd-TE

I miss old Iwasaki.
>>
No it isn't.
>>
>>137242291
Amazing how the art and animation are still great by today's standards.
>>
Would it be retarded of me to watch this without having seen the main series?
>>
>>137242291
Top 3 OVAs for sure I would say.

Why did the series not stay as serious?
>>
>>137247038
No. Go for it.
>>
>>137247038
almost positive it is the first thing you're supposed to watch
>>
The manga version was better.
>>
File: oQUtheL.jpg (22 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
oQUtheL.jpg
22 KB, 480x600
>>137247252
>>
>>137247311
The manga version is the fun version, it's the anime version that tries to take a shonen manga and turn it grimdark by removing all comedy and a couple wacky action sequences and adding fucktons of violence and angst. Preferring it IS the fedora opinion.
>>
>>137247370
Manga was shounen trash, it should be honored that its adaptation managed to fix its flaws and elevate it to masterpiece status with one of the best soundtracks of all time.
>>
>>137247370

I admit it's a little jarring how he goes from being pretty easygoing most of the time in the original TV series to being ultra solemn in the OVA arc. But I think it was the right choice to give the OVA a drastic change in tone.

It would have had much less impact.
>>
>>137242291
>Katanagatari 0.0.1
It was good.
>>
Does /a/ like Seisouhen?
>>
>>137247490
>>Manga was shounen trash
>Manga was shounen

fixed that for you. manga was pretty annoying because Kenshin had like 5 girls frothing at the mouth for his dick but never fucked any of them and married Ms.Comic Violence TSUN.
>>
>>137242291
Not even close. MAL shills a bunch of shit, but this is possibly the most overrated on that entire site.
>>
>>137247983
Yes. Coldhearted assassin got the ending he deserved.
>>
My only experience with Furuhashi is Hunter x Hunter, how does it compare to that? I hear Trust and Betrayal is some kinda masterpiece so I'll definitely watch it at some point, I'm just wondering if the show itself is worth fucking with.
>>
It was really, extremely fucking good.

The only thing I was disappointed about was that I was expecting more awesome super fast folded 1000 times ultra masterful skill level swordsman fights. Maybe I just have shit taste
>>
I didn't liked how they cut out every short comic relif moment from manga and do it so fucking serious.
>>
Just watched it the other day after finishing the Kyoto arc in the main series. It's so much better than the rest of the anime that it makes me wish the entire series had that tone.
>>
>>137248650
I agree that doing this would have made the ANIME series a whole lot worse and dead-feeling, but I thought it was really fitting for what the story was for that
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.