[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't more people talk about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: kaiba-01.jpg (18 KB, 510x290) Image search: [Google]
kaiba-01.jpg
18 KB, 510x290
Why don't more people talk about this?
>>
The artstyle turns people away.
The story is more complicated than usual so people call it pretentious.
It's Yuasa so people call it pretentious.
It's actually good.
>>
>>137239276
I just watched it and it blew me away.
>>
>>137239276
>The story is more complicated than usual so people call it pretentious.
I think people call it pretentious because the story-telling is bad. Forced pretentiousness.
>>
>>137239482
It's really not that hard to follow at all.
>>
>>137239501
nice strawman
>>
The episodes were really hit and miss. That's what happens when you do episodic stuff.
>>
Because it came out almost a decade ago?
>>
>>137239582
This.
The best episodes of Kaiba were some of my favorite experiences watching anime period but then you had shit like episode 2 that was just odd or other ones that were totally forgettable.

The show overall was solid but it didn't have the consistency that Tatami Galaxy had to keep discussion going after it ended.
>>
Kaiba gets brought up relatively frequently on /a/.
It has also become really popular in 3x3 threads in the past ~year.
Good series, probably my favourite Yuasa (though I'd probably still recommend Ping Pong to most people over Kaiba).
>>
There's not really much to talk about besides explaining the (fairly simple) plot for the billionth time to people who didn't pay enough attention when watching it and feel entitled to effortless entertainment

To be fair, it's almost always posted in favorite episode threads and stuff like that
>>
Kaiba is valued by /a/s inner circle of intellectuals

Who cares what reggys think
>>
>>137239276
The problem is that the story is good for the first half, but towards the end becomes convoluted beyond anything I cared to follow. It's not pretentious, just overwrought.
>>
File: kaiba.jpg (601 KB, 1859x1405) Image search: [Google]
kaiba.jpg
601 KB, 1859x1405
>>137239863
>towards the end becomes convoluted
I can finally post this
>>
It's not a meme show so like Inai Machi threads there's really not much to talk about. No speculation.

Alot of fedora tipping in here though. Fuck off neckbeards.
>>
>>137239835
And then there're people like you, who make liking good things more of a chore than it should be because of the need to disavow any association with your bullshit

>>137239863
>>137239906 beat me to it
>>
>>137239916
Stupid dumb reggy scum

I can feel your seething normalcy from here. You are life's C student
>>
>>137239972
apologies to everyone else, I forgot that responding to people like this is a negative-sum game
back to the filter you go
>>
>>137239125
I wish we would get a fucking BD release.
>>
>>137240030
>>137239916
I think it's hilarious how you're talking to an audience like everyone who sees your posts doesn't think you're a.massive faggot

>oh~ time to filter. I'm filtering you now

Loser. People like you are scum.
>>
>>137240030
Fucking crybaby faggot

Go marathob Toradora and Ore Monogatari and finger your asshole you feminine bitch. Ill spit in your mouth til you like it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.