[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /a/, I saw Rin and I just fell in love. Now I want to watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 1440499936938.jpg (99 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1440499936938.jpg
99 KB, 1440x810
So /a/, I saw Rin and I just fell in love. Now I want to watch the anime she's in but it seems there are many Fate anime out there, any guide on how to watch them? Or there's only one I should watch?
>>
read the VN
>>
>>137235387
>>137207405
>>
>>137235387
There are 3 Fate animes out, and we're getting a movie Soon(TM).

If you want the full backstory to the storyline, watch Fate/ Zero first
If you don't give a fuck about all the backstory and just want Rin goodness, watch Fate/ Unlimited Bladeworks. It's a complete story in its own right and you don't need to watch Zero beforehand, but there are some references you'll have to just roll with.
If you watch both of those and you really want more Fate, then watch Fate/ Stay Night.

So Zero if you want backstory first, then Unlimited Bladeworks. And only watch Stay Night if you really love both of those.
>>
Seriously, you should read the Visual Novel first. It really is the best way. But I understand that it may not appeal to you if you haven't watched the show, so here's my recommended anime-only watch order:

Don't watch Fate/Stay Night (2006). It's pretty awful.
Don't watch the Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works movie (2010). It's pretty awful too.

Watch the first season of Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works series (2014).
Watch all of Fate/Zero (2011).
Watch the second season of the Unlimited Blade Works series.

Unlimited Blade Works makes several references to Fate/Zero, particularly in the second season. However, Fate/Zero is an awful introduction to the story.
>>
If you want to animeonly - new UBW & HF and then F/Z.
VN then either Fate route -> UBW route / UBW new anime -> HF route / wait for HF movie -> F/Zero

Watching Zero spoils everything else
>>
Whoops, I forgot there are movies out for UBW and HF.

>>137236677
This is actually probably a pretty cool watch-order too.
>>
unlimited blade works

the tv show, not the movie
>>
>>137236677
>>137235431
don't listen to these retards, the vn is long and tedious
>>
File: 8843.jpg (217 KB, 606x420) Image search: [Google]
8843.jpg
217 KB, 606x420
>2016
>they still read FSN

Pfffffffft
>>
File: stillnotscanned.png (4 MB, 1698x2400) Image search: [Google]
stillnotscanned.png
4 MB, 1698x2400
>still not scanned
>>
Best version of the story is the Fate/Stay Night visual novel. It's really long though.

If you can't into VNs then the Ufotable anime adaptations of F/SN's Unlimited Blade Works route and Fate/Zero are your best bet. Then maybe Prisma Illya's manga/anime. The first two series have quite a bit of Rin.

If you are into VNs then read F/SN followed by Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.
>>
>>137235387
Either watch the new Fate/Zero and the UBW series or play the VN. Don't bother with the FSN anime by DEEN or the UBW movie.
I would recomend the VN first though.
>>
>>137237832
But it's worth it if you want to actually understand what the fuck is going on. None of the anime series really explain stuff properly.
>>
Start with the Unlimited Blade Works movie drinking game.

You get some friends together and watch the UBW movie. Then you ask each other what happened in it and why. Then you drink to dull the pain.
>>
>>137238524
why would you want to know what is going on without first watching the show, and making sure you actually care?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.