[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monogatari Sengoku Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: badsnek.png (738 KB, 738x548) Image search: [Google]
badsnek.png
738 KB, 738x548
Am I the only one who feels bad for Sengoku? All she wanted was Arararararararagi's love.

Sengoku did nothing wrong.
>>
>All she wanted was Aragari's love
Did you even watch SS?
>>
Best girl! What a dirty slut!
>>
>All she wanted was Arararararararagi's love.
But she didn't. She was just using him as the lynchpin in some mental gymnastics for why she didn't have to try at anything in life. This is why everyone hates snakefags.
>>
>snakefags have literally no understanding of the series and the characters

yep, sounds about right.
>>
File: image.png (415 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
415 KB, 1136x640
Nisio killed her because he didn't like her.
>>
>>137223154
If Nisio hates her so much then why did he announce "Nademonogatari"? Yes, it uses the same kanji as her name.
>>
>>137222065
>>137222149
>>137222355
>>137223142

Snake just wanted some attention,
She decided that she wanted arrrg's
she made that a goal for herself, and suffered for never trying to bring it to fruition

just because of a few pages of 'this was the real reason why blah blah blah' doesn't invalidate that what she wanted was the arrg.

Love is actually that simple and that stupid at times.

>>137223154
this convoluted plot is what happens when you try to over-analyze middle school and high school relationships. Nisio a hack.
>>
>>137223253
To put another nail in her coffin of course.
>>
>>137223253
In true monogatari fashion it will probably have almost nothing to do with her.
>>
>>137223281
>snakefags being retarded

yep, nothing changes around here.
>>
Someone explain Nadeko's character objectively.
>>
>>137224344
She's objectively cute.
>>
I don't understand why any of the girls like Araragi except Senjougahara

It makes sense that she would, because he's fun to bully, and she loves to bully him, and while she's not exactly doing it out of debt to him his tendency to help people seems to be something she finds attractive

Maybe that's just a side effect of her being the official heroine. The others just seem to like him because... he's the protagonist in a harem story
>>
File: 1436888187466.jpg (44 KB, 471x600) Image search: [Google]
1436888187466.jpg
44 KB, 471x600
>>137223142
>implying
I fully understand what she did and why she did it and how fucked up it was and I absolutely love it.
I've got a thing for crazies. Especially crazy gods.
>>
>>137224505
It's usually a combination of desperate girls projecting their fantasies on Araragi and him being the only real social contact they have.

He helped Hachikuji escape a solitary existence where she has to curse people and they have tons of fun hanging out.

Hanekawa had a shitty home life and Araragi stuck by her despite that even though the way she revealed it chased all her other friends off and his vampirism turned him into a larger than life figure she fantasized about sweeping her off her feet and taking her away from her shitty life.

Shinobu is literally the happiest she has ever been in her entire life because she has someone who gives a fuck about her for who she is and she doesn't have to spend her life perpetually on the run from both exorcists and the curse she brought to any land she stayed in too long. Araragi is responsible for that.
>>
>>137224908
Basically this. The only thing that separates Senjougahara from the rest is that she's honest about it. She openly admits that she sees Araragi as a prince that would come save her.
>>
Snake isn't much different than crab the ony difference is that snake is cute and wasn't the first girl appearing therefore she doesn't win Araragi for herself.
PLUS she draws fucking manga i mean how amazing is that.
>>
File: 1446608241083.png (481 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1446608241083.png
481 KB, 600x337
Not my favorite character but I don't dislike her. Her interactions early on were cute, could've gotten annoying but frankly she didn't even appear often enough for that to happen to me.

Medusa Arc made her a fun antagonist + it was interesting to see someone who was seriously beyond Araragi's scope to save.

I've seen other anons say that she briefly appears in Ougi Dark or something, I'm interested in seeing that. Her character arc hasn't really been rounded off properly until we see what she's like after she's been saved, as was the case with every other chick in the series.

>>137224505
For Hachikuji, he was the first guy in 11 years to stick his neck out for her, even after Gahara passed on that message from Oshino explaining how he should just ditch her. It's beyond reasonable enough in her case.

For Kanbaru, a lot of people just dismiss their relationship as 'she wanted to kill him during Suruga Monkey -> she wants his dick after Suruga Monkey' when it's not quite that simple. She even says at the end of that arc that nothing was really resolved + her Monkey's Paw is still actually there. While she doesn't want to kill Araragi anymore, her feelings towards him are a mixture of admiration and envy - she massively respects the guy and knows that he's not a bad person at heart, but she didn't fully get over her feelings for Gahara either. She grows to like him more over time but I don't think she really sees Araragi in a romantic sense at all, I get the impression that she just wants to be closer to Gahara in some way (which includes having a physical relationship with the guy Gahara loves)

Araragi was pretty much Hanekawa's best friend growing up, and after Kizu he basically became a 'prince charming' type figure for her that she got sort of delusional over. She gets more development on dealing with this never happening than the premise for it itself does though, I guess (I hear the LNs massively flesh it out and that the anime cut most of it out though)
>>
>>137224908
>Hanekawa had a shitty home life and Araragi stuck by her despite that even though the way she revealed it chased all her other friends off and his vampirism turned him into a larger than life figure she fantasized about sweeping her off her feet and taking her away from her shitty life.

Him being a vampire didn't matter, in Neko White, she said she fell for him because he tried so hard despite being a rather pathetic guy.

"I fell for the crybaby Araragi-kun, because I have never cried before."

And did you not understand why she asked Araragi if it was okay to change at the end of White? It was because he told her to keep her facade in Black. He literally told her to never change and suffer forever as a guide to him.
>>
>>137222065
I do feel bad for her, but I don't agree that she did nothing wrong.

But neither do I think that she did everything wrong.
>>
File: WOWWHATASHOCK.png (21 KB, 1588x562) Image search: [Google]
WOWWHATASHOCK.png
21 KB, 1588x562
The writer couldnt do basic math correctly.

Did you see the later arcs after that?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.