[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any manga or anime out there that deals with real world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Welcome_to_the_nhk.jpg (52 KB, 420x456) Image search: [Google]
Welcome_to_the_nhk.jpg
52 KB, 420x456
Is there any manga or anime out there that deals with real world problems?

No fantasy, no science fiction, no superpowers. Something that's down to earth and makes you rethink some choices in your life and contemplate on where you're currently at in life, shake you up. Something you can learn a lesson or two from.

I know I'm in the minority here. I don't have anything against fiction, but shit it's fucking plentiful in every form of entertainment. Need more stuff with worldly problems. Yes, fiction is for escapism but there's already enough of that. Too many people are wasting their precious days and I believe that anime and manga can change that. Make you be productive not just for the sake of you're waifu. Words are powerful and if you don't want to read, animation or text with pictures is the next best thing.
>>
>>137211627
Boku no Pico

also, fiction =/= fantasy
>>
Right and you use NHK because it's a completely terrible example?
>>
Try K-On, OP.
>>
Go make a thread on /wsr/
>>
There's an entire fucking genre that's just this, you dipshit. Probably the one genre /a/ discusses the most overall too.
>>
>>137212143
I hope you're not implying that Slice of Life anime is even slightly related to the real world
>>
>>137212264
>he doesn't have a slice of life life
>>
>>137212264
SoL encompasses a stupidly huge amount of subject matter, including what you're talking about.
>>
>>137212264
Watch more of it in general.
>>
>>137212292
>>137212312
what Slice of Life and Reality TV have in common is little to no connection with reality
>>
There is plenty of anime that falls into fantasy, SF or whatever but still deals with very real world problems
>>
>>137211627
>welcome to the nhk
>solving anything
>>
>>137211627
>Is there any manga or anime out there that deals with real world problems?
Yes. Any more questions?
>>
>>137211627
Masaaki Yuasa?
>>
File: 1409346942478.jpg (29 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
1409346942478.jpg
29 KB, 279x304
>>137212644
>Any more questions?
Then why hasn't the industry solved, much less impacted, any of these "real world problems", like world hunger, war, sexism, and so on?
>>
>>137212913
money
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.