[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So do people actually understand Evangelion the first time w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
So do people actually understand Evangelion the first time watching it? Or do they just have to google answers for two hours after watching the show?

http://strawpoll.me/6751848/
>>
>>137186014
No because I was a dumb 14 year old who wasn't paying attention to half the dialogue and found it all kind of weird
>>
>>137186014
>all those poll options

tl;dr
>>
>>137186014
More like 10 minutes
>>
>>137186014
>understand Evangelion

What is there to understand?
>>
>>137189415
The plot and lore.
>>
>>137189415
Psychoanalytical references makes the characters far more interesting and deep than a pleb could possible understand.
>>
>>137188799
The show is longer than that.
>>
man even f*ckin shin-chan is deeper then this boring overrated pile of steaming turd shit
>>
>>137189415
The scifi conspiracy mystery going on out of focus behind the character studies.
>>
>>137192191
>pleb
wanna know how I know you're gay
>>
I don't get it, if people understood the show then how coul they think it's inconsistent?
>>
>>137190187
I don't think you have to be knowledgeable about every single detail of the plot and lore to 'understand' a film or series. Part of that comes with time and rewatches so it is impossible to 'understand' everything on the first time watching.

Even if the 16 year old me wasn't able to properly verbalize the specific motifs and ideas, I still remember the feeling I got after NGE and EoE. I must have related to it in some way because I loved it and knew I was going to back and rewatch it all eventually.
>>
That song was nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmnCEYtslHc
>>
>>137186014
A second watch certainly helps but you can understand most of it right off the bat if you pay attention, including the more mystical / religious imagery later on
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.