[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your honest opinion of Lim Dall-young's work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: d3fbh01.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
d3fbh01.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
What is your honest opinion of Lim Dall-young's work?
>>
My only experience with his work is the Freezing anime and I kind of enjoyed it.
>>
Stayed in Freezing for the plot twists.
>>
>>137169602
I think he likes seeing terrible things happen to cute girls
>>
Terrible writer. Never finishes any of his works. All his works are exactly the same.
>>
>>137169602
His male protagonists make me want to throttle them for being so unlikeable.
>>
Freezing is complete shit.
>>
He hates cute girls.
>>
>>137169602
The freezing rape arc was a fucking insult to my intelligence
>>
File: 3.jpg (244 KB, 715x1008) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
244 KB, 715x1008
>>137169602
and he is back with another generic shit that he will never finish. but for ones he isn't writing it
>>
I like the one with the guy trying to be a mangaka. Everyone got a happy end.
>>
>>137171379
>mangahere
>>
I spent 6 months always derailing threads where Dall-young's shit is mentioned.
Even though he did Teacher x Student and Freezing got mainstream, he's copy pasta all plots, and same faced everything.
He has peaked below being great, and does every gook marketing thing possible to sell. What's sad is that publishers endorsed his shit when it is doujin tier quality, especially allowing it to thrive in Japanese markets.
Fucking pathetic.
>>
File: 1440794206036.png (474 KB, 1246x1558) Image search: [Google]
1440794206036.png
474 KB, 1246x1558
>>137169602
Mediocrity sells but manwha are pure garbage. The designs are always too busy, all the girls look the fucking same, and the overarching plot is always non-existent. Cavalier of the Abyss is the only series I've read that is worse.
>>
File: 1314453754636.jpg (58 KB, 423x428) Image search: [Google]
1314453754636.jpg
58 KB, 423x428
>>137171570
Oh and the edge, the incredible, awful melodrama! Everything is like a bad bollywood drama!
>>
I find it both sexy and unintentionally hilarious. Also, genetically engineered super soliders get me rock hard.

>Kazuya's power is literally making the Pandora feel so good they do what he wants
>>
>>137169602
a ton of cuckolding and rape, so okay I guess?

Honestly surprised Mamiko Noto took the role of Satelizer. She said she was never going to do hentai
>>
I liked that one thing where the sorceress got unsealed, that was cool.

Then he fucking killed her and focused on other people for some fucking reason
>>
He is like a b-movie producer. The kind of birdemic and sharknado.
But i like his girls. They are badass, curvy, without moe crap, ribbons, and maid uniforms.
>>
>>137169602
Terrible, lazy writer.
>>
>>137171187
I think the e-pandora arc was not complete crap.
The worst of Dall-Young is when he remember that he is making this manwha for the japs and try to bend the narrative to their liking like the siblings arc.
>>
His work i hated the most was koimoku.
Is like he tried to justify his way of doing manwhas, and it was just rage inducing: wanting to be a serious artist is childish and pretentious, real professionals and mature people shut the fuck up, make other people to the job, and just do what the editor tell them to do.
>>
Does Maian actually end in the way that people were spoiling for a while or was that just some anon's long con?

The shit with the aliens.
>>
>>137172014
no, he's the uwe boll of chinese comics. direct to tv garbage does not compare.
>>
>>137169602
people always complain about humans fighting each other instead of the aliens, but they forgot thats the point, its to show us that humans cant co-operate even on the brink of extinction.

unfortunately most people on /a/ are underaged and that point seems to fly over their heads...
>>
>>137172564
This is muv-luv, not freezing.
The reasons the girls fight each other in freezing are stupid. Like reacting against a rape attempt, pointless tournaments to establish the rankings, and other idiotic shit. Only recently look like they began to fight for something worth.
>>
File: the-machine-girl.jpg (86 KB, 387x546) Image search: [Google]
the-machine-girl.jpg
86 KB, 387x546
Anyway i think Dall Young's works are bad but enjoyable.
There is girly badassery, fanservice, explosions (not always)...
They are fun. Trash but fun. Like the majority of asian action movies, were there is kunoichis in swimsuit shooting lazers from the vagina and schoolgirls with gatling guns instead of the arms. Is stupid but awesome.
>>
>>137172817
uh did you miss the whole arc about humans trying to assassinate the professor in freezing?
>>
>>137169602
>What is your honest opinion of Lim Dall-young's work?

Is he the artist?
I only love the artist
>>
>>137173111
Yeah, and is the most recent arc. Before they fought just because. The nova invasion was the only exception.
>>
>>137173215
Nope. And probably he is not even the author.
Read Koimoku, basically a documentary about the Dall Young industry.
>>
he did onihime vs right? it has my absolute favorite art style, too bad it didn't end properly, though its not like it would've received a proper ending any time soon
>>
I don't know if it was in the manhwa or anime original but I really like how freezing would explain things while the girls were hanging out at the pool, with one of them ass naked for no reason. it really made stuff you normally wouldn't give a shit about super interesting.
>>
>>137173568
I think everybody likes it up to that point.

But then somebody gets fingerbanged so hard that they EXPLODE and that's where the divide comes in.
>>
>>137173568
The anime is pure unfiltered crap.
Is completely different, only the names are the same. And Satella is remade into a moeshit character.
The manga is not a masterpiece but is much much better than the anime.
>>
>>137173658
she gets better though right? roxanne was one of my favorite freezings.
>>
>>137173746
I didn't read that far but I do remember being told that she does actually get better.

After having everything above her bellybutton explode.
>>
>>137173302
no they fought because they hated each other, aka a human trait.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.