[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /a/ think of 20th century boys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 20th-century-boys-84752.jpg (146 KB, 1200x850) Image search: [Google]
20th-century-boys-84752.jpg
146 KB, 1200x850
What does /a/ think of 20th century boys?
>>
It was the first time I was willing to give something created by human hands on any medium a 10/10.
Then the timeskip happened.

I'm not saying it becomes bad; it's just that wacky shit like Tomodachi Land hurts a "grounded in reality" mystery thriller. Also, the entire second friend arc feels like filler.
>>
>>137160266
What do you think of 20th century boys?
>>
>>137160460
Exactly what I think, it could have easily ended after the first friend's death.
>>
Went on too long for it's good. Still good though
>>
It felt like Urasawa was making it all up as he went along.
>>
>>137160507
Love it, one of the few mangas I read online and then bought the volumes (or at least I am buying, I only have volume 1 yet).
>>
>>137160266
its fucking long and by the time i finished reading 21st i had forgotten half the shit that happened in 20th

i thought it was good but forgettable when ive goot a week free ill reread it all in one go
>>
>>137160575
I used to think this as well, until I read 21st century boys, some of the answers are so rooted in the first volume that its hard to think that he made it up as he went along.
>>
>>137160642
Having the beginning, middle and end already defined and written doesn't mean you can't make things up and add filler as you please.
>>
>>137161011
Yeah, I can see where your coming from, this was especially evident in the third "arc".
>>
went on for far longer than it should have to the point where the twists and mysterious ceased being surprising and just ended up feeling tedious.

meh ending.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.