[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Utawarerumono
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
The only good part about that entire shitty episode 18.
>>
>>137125949
I liked the idea because could get good interaction between kuon and karura/touka or haku with them, but god the director was an idiot and we didnt get anything.
>>
>>137125949
Why was this episode so irredeemably boring? How could they let it happen? Was it this long in the game?

The entire episode could've been done as a sub-plot between two episodes, while they could've let the main story continue without a hitch. Instead, we've had to wait 2+ weeks just to see some fucking Tuskuru.
>>
Will Karura ever show up again? I miss her. What's her opinion on this? Did she go back? Will she fight?
Is shahhoro actually Sapporo?
>>
I heard they fucking cut pranking nekone scene?
>>
>>137126282
Nvm I just finished the episode and saw she was there
>>
>>137126282
I'm wondering if Karura is going to help Tsukuru too. And is Kuon going to help the invading country? What the fuck?
>>
>>137126105
Supposedly in the game Haku doesn't even look for Kuon, he's just like "Oh she isn't here" Next Day, she's ready to go help him.
They also supposedly cut a scene where the emperor fucks with Haku in front of the royal court or whatever it's called.

only saying "supposedly" because I didn't play a game but an anon who did said these things happened.
>>
>>137127154
Imagine Karura vs Munechika
>>
>>137126105
Fucking Whitefox.

THEY SHOULD have done the Haku pretending to be Oshutoru bit.

That is supposed to be a preview for what is to come.
>>
>Next episode titled 炎上

At least they arent skipping hot air balloon inventing.
>>
>>137127646
I played the game and can confirm both. Sad to say Haku never gave this many fucks about Kuon and took his orders with a "well, what can you do" attitude. Haku was a bit worried about her and didn't expect her to join him and was surprised when she did. He didn't look for her by any stretch.

The emperor trolling Haku and his court was a good scene. Plus they left out a nice interaction with Haku and his brother that would have been heart warming. They talk like brother to brother.

Why make these changes?
>>
>>137129293
Does Karura go back to Tsukuru in the game?
>>
>>137129396
No.
>>
Are the characters from the previous series still in positions of power back home?
>>
>>137129033
WHAT? THEY REALLY CUT THAT SCENE?
I don't really care about kuon sadame. But this is where I draw the line.

Fuck you whitefox. What a shitty adaptation
>>
>>137129466
Guess she has no emotional attachment to the country, only to Hakuoro.
>>
>>137129767
She has work to do though, people tend to forget the best tuskur plan for war against stronger people.
>>
>>137125949
I was expecting a lot after episode 17. I mean, at least it looks like they finally got all the SoL stuff out of the way and we can finally get into the meat of the climax, but jesus christ this episode blew.
>>
>>137129940
It felt so fucking slow even for a dull episode.
>>
>>137127646
The emperor scene was him calling both Oshutoru and Haku in front of the court and asking them for their opinion on the invasion.
>>137127646
In the game, she went because she was worried about Munechika. She was sure Tsukuru would wipe the floor with them.
>>
>>137130552
What happens that's comedic about calling oshutoru and haku? Heartwarming brother talk being skipped sounds like it sucks though.
>>
>>137130628
That and Nekone falling for it.

And it's a foreshadowing so that the ending doesnt seem bullshit.
>>
>>137130552
>In the game, she went because she was worried about Munechika
That was quite nice of her to try and help her friends not die. Her friends obviously mean a lot to her.
>>
>>137130976
This meme needs to die, isnt even funny.
>>
God I love this series to death but Whitefox is fucking KILLING ME with this adaption. Every week I get more and more disappointed in it. It hurts all the more because of how much I was looking forward to this for the past 9 months and how excited I was that the series was even getting a sequel. God I just want the game translated already so I can forget this abomination exists.
>>
>>137125949
I'm not a bird!
>>
Does anyone have a link to haku impersonating oshutoru in the game?
>>
>>137130628
>What happens that's comedic about calling oshutoru and haku?

The emperor was trolling Haku by directing everyone's attention toward him.

Haku himself was thinking, "Brotheeeeeeer! What are you doingggggg?"
>>
>>137129767
Yeah, I'm sure it's just coincidence that two of Tuskuru's strongest warriors, bound by pact and honor to the sleeping God-Emperor, are running a high-class inn in a rival country before diplomatic relations have even been established.

They're fucking spies, dude.
>>
So that anon translated the lab scene or was just joking with us? ;_;
>>
>>137129820
I still want to make Urto a mother.
>>
I haven't played the game, so I'm going blind.

Haku makes me so fucking mad. He is anti-war, or is at least hesitant. But he decides to turn aide the aggressor against Kuon's people just to please oshutaru and the others.

No one can be more spineless than this peace of shit.

I hope Kuon, plans to sabotage the supply, because if she doesn't then this is just poor writing.

I hate the "what are you going to do?" attitude that everyone in this show seems to have. dismissing huge problems and potential dramas just because.
>>
>>137133964
And that bitch nekone frowning at haku for talking bad about the invasion, but at the same time expecting kuon to just come out of her room and be all friendly with the enemy.
>>
Can someone tell me why did Yamato invade and whether they lose or not?
>>
Did we need 24 minutes to say 'Haku is going to help the war effort'? What a fucking waste of an episode.
>>
I liked the part where they spent ten minutes creating an atmosphere of desperation with Haku trying to get Kuon come out of the room with a gorillion close up shots of all the girls at every other word with a small gasp underneath all of Haku's talking.

Really great stuff guys, awesome.
>>
>No lab
>No tricking Nekone
>QUALITY
Burn it.
>>
>>137134178
Emperor wants to see the research lab there. However its where Hakuoro is basically sleeping. Naturally the old gang says no.
So now Emperor is doing things by force.

Havent played the games so word of mouth from here, but i think this will get resolved in the upcoming third game.
>>
>>137134692
I especially loved how Haku fell hard through the roof of a barn in the middle of nowhere in the inn's grounds. How the fuck would he even end up there? I mean purely physically, how did that even happen?
>>
People still watch that terrible show?
>>
>and then one day, all humans began turning into tang

GENDOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>137133964
>I hope Kuon, plans to sabotage the supply, because if she doesn't then this is just poor writing.

Actually kuon thinks that tuskur is going to win so she goes so his friend dont get killed.

>>137134178
Emperor wants to see a laboratory in tuskur, tuskur say fuck off, emperor say war. The war is still ongoing at the end of the game

>>137134397
If they were going for more anime original they needed more interactions really, not haku searching when the first place he should have go was karura room.
>>
>>137134178
Emperor still trying to save his goo family
Tuskuru has the high-techiest of labs where the Iceman project took place
>Happens to be where Hakuoro is napping
Tuskuru said 'no' when he asked to check things out

Thus war

Right now things are still a stalemate because, although Yamato is more powerful, they are sort of in disarray in terms of leadership and Tuskuru has the timeless power of keikaku
>>
>>137134783
Pretty sure the only one what that kind of strength is Karura. She probably flinged him towards to barn.
>>
>>137134898
That kind of fall would either kill him or break a shit ton of bones.
>>
>>137134842
So, stupid
Kuon should just convice Haku to dump the supplies and move to tusukuru.
Haku and Kuon have no affiliation to Yamato. Tsukuru poses no threat to Yamato, as they are a smaller country, so their """"""""""""friends""""""""""" should be alright.
>>
>>137134962
>Haku has no affiliation to Yamato

Other than the fact his brother is / was literally in charge of it.
>>
>>137134962
>no affiliation to Yamato
>Haku is the emperor's brother and serves under one of the Yamato generals

What are you smoking?
>>
>>137134929
It's anime, there were so many scenarios Haku should have died but he didn't.
>>
>>137135015
His brother is the emperor but Haku doesn't have any reason why stick with Yamato.
He was there for trading and work to begin with.

If the explanation for him to turn against tsukuru and thus Kuon. Then what a time to finally think for himself. The entire show, he is being doing whatever they request of him like fucking puppy.

He is clearly against war, and the show spends so much time making it look like he is traumatized and hurt, but is about to aide the invaders in the subjugation of Kuon's people.

What a fucking bastard. I would not be so mad, if the show didn't just overlooked this and made haku to be the "whatever" man. Kuon helping him transport the supplies was the last straw.
If she doesn't sabotage (and some say she isn't going to) then this is the shittiest development in a story ever.

I can't understand why japs refuse to go deeper and darker into some stories. Always keeping everything lovely dovey, friendly friendish.
Like any same person would act like that when their nation is being ravaged.
>>
>>137135172
She doesnt need to do a thing because she knows that tuskuru is going to win anyway (and she was right until that point). She just go so her friends dont get killed when tuskuru kick yamato ass.
>>
>>137135297
>She knows Tuskuru is going to win
Sure. What a great excuse to betray her nation. I bet this is going to be overlooked by the old crew like it was nothing.

My problem is not with Kuon doing nothing, but actively helping Yamato by supplying the invaders army.

Also, Haku is a shit cleaner as far as I know. He doesn't work under any generals, until the point where he decided to betray Kuon.
>>
>>137134692
This. I was looking forward for these things just to see it all go anime original. What is this director smoking?
>>
>>137134692
What happens with the tricking nekone?
>>
>>137129767
She has assassination mission to do if things go south in the war.
>>
>>137135512
Well Oshutoru has to go away to do something and asks Haku to watch the place while he is gone. Haku decides to make an paper replica of Oshutoru's mask, he then dresses like Oshutoru and practices to sound like him. Que Nekone coming back and thinking he is Oshutoru.
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av3174310/
>>
>>137135367
She only wants to help Haku as she is afraid that without her help he might die in Tsukuru.
>>
>>137136800
Yes. OK.
But Haku put her in that position. Haku is unforgivable. Probably one of the most inconsistent and worst characters ever.
>>
>Episode where nothing fucking happens AGAIN
>High usage of 3DCG because they don't have enough budget for this shit, imitating S1 3D without shame
>Tuskuru side never showed up, and how they counter the invasion of Yamato
>Haku's harem doesn't do anything

Can we just skip it to the last episode now?
>>
>>137136343
Holy christ nekone can be adorable. Headpat rewards from her "brother" and feeding her. She sure has a temper though. God I wish someone would sub the game in english like they did for the chinese version.
>>
>>137137100
Can we skip to the third game now ;_;.
>>137136978
In the game Haku has a talk with his brother about why he wanted to invade Tuskuru. The anime changed a lot of things though.
>>
>>137133964
Too bad Kuon is literally betraying her countrymen for Haku's dick regardless tuskur would win or not.
>>
everybody says this show sucks

is the game releasing in the west?
>>
>>137137485
Why do you think people ask for translation?
>>
>>137137485
Hopefully one day anon ;_;.
>>
This episode just made me to cancel my BD preorder, to think I was hyped as fuck for the first 3 episodes.
>>
>>137138156
Shitty director ruined everything so I can't blame you.
>>
So they invade and all we get is hearsay that things aren't going well over there? And then the entire episode is anime original trying to find Kuon + forced romance between Kuon/Haku? Why is this adaptation so shit.
>>
>>137138652
They cut the part where Emperor summoned Haku along with the generals to ask him his opinion about the invasion. Later they also met up in the usual secret tea garden to talk about his reason for invading. Really, it could have been miles better to portray Haku as a character than this original shit they shoved down our throat.
>>
>trying to wake up literal god
"human" never learns something.
>>
I'm too far in to quit now, so I just watch every episode at 2x speed. It also improves the bad pacing.
>>
>>137138886
But he's not desu.
>>
>>137138364
Good thing I'm learning Japanese at the pace of worse than this adaptation so maybe I'll be able to read the game before the third releases.

>>137138957
And to think I even enjoyed the SoL bits initially. If I knew what was coming I would have just given up from the start.
>>
>>137139067
I actually enjoyed the really comfy feel for the first half though it was a bit slow. After watching and barely understanding bits and pieces of the game it seems to flow so much better with actual action scenes between most of the comfy. This episode in particular just felt overly like filler though. It was pretty out of place. I mean it's somewhat believable that haku would run around like an idiot looking for kuon but there was no need to show it. Maybe one day someone will sub parts of the game. There was an anon who said they would do the lab scene, and I think he did another part of it.
>>
On a scale of Touka to Nosuri, how retarded is the director?
>>
>>137138768
I would have rather seen the discussion, cut out all the animation and figure out why they are invading instead of this fucking shit. I know they are invading but there's no discussion.
>>
I just can't wait for Tuskuru to be one of the main playable cast again in 3. I really hate Yamato's bloated ego.
>>
>>137139283
Literally female evankuruga tier.

There's no way that the director knows the source material or watched the previous Utawarerumono. The level of horseshit that he's pulling this late into the game is unacceptable.
>>
>>137139283
Touka and Nosuri look like geniuses compared with him.
>>137139436
My guess is that we get to play both sides and then around the middle of the game they join up to fight the actual threat. This way you will see how Haku and Kuon both experience the war from the different sides.
>>
>>137139544
September can't come sooner. FUCK.
>>
>>137139595
Perhaps we get a preview when the anime ends.
>>
>>137139283
You need to be a special kind of retarded to actually fuck up a two cour adaptation of a linear VN.
>>
>>137139436
>Be normal peaceful agricultural country.
>be friendly with diplomacy to the the clearly bigger and more abundant country to avoid trouble
>this loser schmuck human emperor who thinks his interests is above the majority can't let go of his family from thousands of years ago, thinks he can do whatever he wants because his human, invades your quiet ricefields

Thank god he was assassinated. now only if we can remove Haku and in some way Hakuoro from the face of this Earth we can finally do something good with the story without any humans in it.
>>
>>137134842
Not really going on because they recalled all their forces from the island
>>
Can someone explain something to me? How is Tuskuru even putting up a fight against Yamato? Its a small, extremely young nation with only 4 (6 if you count karula and the other girl, who aren't even there) relevant warriors, none of which have the magic mask shit that are shown to be able to destroy cities in one attack.
>>
>>137139742
maybe
>bunny warrior mecha
>magical bird race
>advanced tactics without reliance of gimmicks from Hakuoro (Seriously he way Yamato handle their wars is just ramming everything to the ground.)
>>
>>137139436
>I really hate Yamato's bloated ego.
It's like they're really Japan.
>>
>>137139672
Just from the anime I already dislike the Yamato. The emperor is a dick.
>>
>>137139807
which reminds me. Why are there no evankulga in Yamato? They themselves have no loyalty to Tusukuru. Seems to me most of the world building as been completely ignored in the second series
>>
File: 2015-10-28-170742.jpg (136 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-28-170742.jpg
136 KB, 960x544
>>137139742
By having literal Zhuge Liang and Lu Bu to fight defensive battle in their territory.
>>
>>137139869
Didn't the emperor create most of his denizens?
>>
>>137139869
Nosuri and her brother are evankuruga, too bad the anime skimped on that.
Wasn't Whitefox from the studio that did the first Utawarerumono? How can they not get the guidelines on why the first one was fine.
Heck, even Tears to Tiara wasn't this bad.

SOL and moe are truly a mistake.
>>
>>137139827
How so? Because wanting to save your family at the end of your life make you being a dick? So making a promise to your brother and best friend also make you a dick?
>>
>>137139869
There's also bunny people in Yamato, Whitefox forgot that too.
>>
>>137140213
Conquering a peaceful nation just to do that is a dick move.
>>
>>137140213
He's a dick because he's using the demis like pawns and don't think much of their life that's why he could make a decision to invade a country for his family.
>>
>>137140213
Starting a frivolous war at the cost of both Yamato and Tusukuru lives to fulfill a selfish does, in fact, make you a dick.

While decoys aren't human, they're still people.
>>
>>137140259
Maybe, but people can be pretty desperate when when their time are near, I didn't mean his decision can be forgiven but he is excused for me.
>>
>>137139544
>>137140154
Maybe they didn't get the full script for the game and just story outlines. Only chance I can see to possibly excuse what's happened. >>137139672
Honestly hakuoro was perfectly fine. The emperor comes off as a total dick. Haku is just following orders so far.
>>137139742
They have the person who can seal the actual god that the masks are weaker versions of for one. Also orbital death satellite override if actually needed. Yamato literally brute forces everything with godzillas. Tsukuru has the tech and know how to fight them unlike any opponent they've faced yet.
>>
>>137140312
Some game anon mentioned before that he see these decoys as something that is "alive" to him, just means to an end.

>>137140342
He is still a dick for attacking Tsukuru for that dumb reason. I don't see how he is excused for doing that.
>>
>>137140373
He looks at the decoys probably like we would see lab rats. It's obvious they're no where near humans to him. After trying for so long to recreate humanity through them and failing he probably hates, or at least resents them on some level. Honestly remaking your wife and daughter would just be pouring salt in the wounds if you couldn't delude yourself into thinking their real. It's got to be more painful then just letting go.
>>
>>137140359
It will be so hilarious when Haku will kick Tsukuru ass in the next game and people will call it bullshit because "Muh nostalgia cast".
>>
So even with godzilla power they still struggle against tuskuru?
>>
>>137140430
Well, this is what they deserve when they tried to fuck him, I would be mad too if I tried to be a benevolent guide and the people around me are ungrateful dicks.
>>
>>137140523
You mean "without" Godzilla power.
>>
>>137140523
Only Munechika went to Tuskuru. The other masked generals stayed in Yamato. If Vurai went to Tuskuru then it could be a different fight as he doesnt give a crap about allies and just about destroying the enemy, unlike Munechika who cares about the troops under her command.
>>
>>137140559
>Using the actions of a few in the past to justify pointless bloodshed
>>
>>137140582
Vurai seriously creeps me out.
>>
>>137139742
Yamato's experience is only fighting barbarian, while Tsukuru's experience was beyond that.
Tsukuru's ancestor always fought each other with white god and black god like a cycle. It just seems like now the cycle is cut in Tsukuru era.
>>
>>137140606
>actions of the few
>kingdoms killed each other
>trying to fuck the man who has given you everything for more power and knowledge
>>
>>137140659
Almost every fucking episode Hakuoro is fighting some sort of army.
>>
>>137140449
It will be hilarious when Tuskuru kick the asses of those Yamato punks in the next game twice and people will call it bullshit because "muh moe kawaii SOL cast".
>>
>>137140697
I still like the original cast more than the new current cast. The moments in the capital where everyone was goofing around in the first season was lot more enjoyable than the SOL moments in the 2nd season.
>>
>>137140688
So it's okay to throw away the people who are alive now who did nothing?
>>
>>137140697
Seriously we could have gotten something better. Maybe another country on the west side of the planet or about the lives of the demihumans progress after the god that was playing with their lives through the cycles be sealed. Instead we get some old humans again playing emperor. They should have move out of the old humanity already.
>>
>>137140776
He doesn't see them as actual people. If he loses too much of them he could always make more clones plus the fact that he is over 1000 years old so his sense of morality is gone.
>>
>>137141189
Then maybe it's for the best that he's kill. Maybe.
>>
>>137141284
His death is so vague I wouldn't be surprised if he is chilling in a secret lab with Honoka as he is trying to extend his life. If Haku manages to return Human Anju&Honoka back to normal then he will show up again to see them again. Seeing your wife and child turn into slimes in front of you and being the only human alive besides your younger brother who is sleeping somewhere will fuck you up mentally. Add in over 1000 years later he finds his younger brother just find out he has amnesia.
>>
So the transformation to slimes wasn't instantaneous and not everyone was affected? If that so humanity has to blame themselves for turning into one another and destroying each other instead of helping.
>>
>>137125949
You mean the entire shitty anime.
>>
I might be the only one who enjoys these slow paced, comfy episodes
>>
>>137141626
In response to that speculation though, I still don't know under what motive would he fake his death that he literally let anju be poisoned and all. If he's scheming for Haku to raise to power there's too much of unpredictable things to factor in.
>>
>>137142254
So anju is kill?
>>
>>137142344
Nah, her throat is just burned so that she couldn't back up Oshtoru for his false charges.
It's possible she'd be mute by the next game though.
>>
How the fuck was that speech meant to convince Kuon to be alright with Haku joining in the massacre of her people?

What kind of retard writes this shit?
>>
File: 1454811604129.jpg (75 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1454811604129.jpg
75 KB, 848x480
who has the bigger rack?
>>
>>137142389
The secondary director scum.

>>137142408
Burd
>>
>>137140373
It's certainly not a dumb reason. Wanting to save people is not a dumb reason.

Hakuoro cursed innocents for a dumb reason. Emperor tried to peacefully negotiate when it was big dumb godzilla's fault that everything went to shit.
>>
>>137142254
I think it's odd that the assassination took place after Haku regained his memories and that the invasion just started. During the uzuurussia invasion there would also be an opportunity to kill the emperor as all masked generals were fighting uzuurussia. I hope they will explain it in the third game.
>>
>>137142408
Baka bird,
>>
How exactly do you have trouble invading someone when you can turn into a giant monster?
>>
>>137141679
They thought it was a plague. There's no way they could have known it was a jackass genie godzilla behind it all. Don't be retarded.
>>
>>137142497
I remember Hakuoro had some regrets turning everyone to tang in the game.
>>
>>137142497
>Wanting to save people is not a dumb reason.
Noh, emperor just wants to see and touch his wife's ass

>Hakuoro cursed innocents for a dumb reason
Having your wife and child dissected and displayed in front of you not enough reason to go full bats?

>Emperor tried to peacefully negotiate
He's still dumb and didn't wait for Hakuoro to wake up after all he has the luxury of time, goof lord what's another century to someone whol lived for a thousand years?

> big dumb godzilla's fault that everything went to shit.
No, it was the crazy scientists that caused godzilla to go insane
>>
>>137142670
So cursing all of humanity because your waifu died is somehow more justified than invading a country to reverse the process? Get the fuck outta here.
>>
Tuskuru did nothing wrong.
>>
Hopefully the nipple filled OVAs will be out pretty soon after this is done
>>
So I'm not the only person who finds the whole war thing with Tuskuru weird, especially given that Kuon is from there. Hope Yamato gets BTFO.
>>
>>137142903
It's just kind of awkward because the characters in the first season were better than the ones this season. That inevitably leads to thoughts of "well fuck these guys" which makes it hard to put up with Haku's dumb shit.
>>
>>137142389
He's not joining a massacre, he's just delivering supplies. Kuon also had a first hand example of what Haku thinks of war.
It's like saying America is supporting war in Ukraine because they sent MREs and kevlar vests.
>>
>>137142740
>So cursing all of humanity because your waifu died is somehow more justified
You forgot Hakuoro was so pissed off he actually went full split personality after he realized what he did was kind of not okay.
>>
>>137142958
>he's just delivering supplies

Supplies that directly contribute to the massacre. It's an angry guy a gun and waving your hands in the air when he shoots the person he's angry at.
>>
>>137142740
Waifu dying from natural causes and being dissected are two different things.
Since it is the latter Hakuoro was overcome with intense emotions that he cursed humanity(more like every scientist and everyone related to them).
Is it justifiable? No, even Hakuoro himself felt bad that he turned them into jelly

>invading a country to reverse the process
So casually declaring war on a country and get almost everyone killed so that you could reassemble your waifu from more justifiable?

In the end , it will be revealed that reversing the jelly transformation is impossible
>>
>>137143021
>Supplies that directly contribute to the massacre
I don't see how food contributes to killing anybody.
It's true that Yamato would have to back out if they were running out of supplies, but delivering supplies doesn't make Haku some sort of murderer all of a sudden.
>>
>>137143066
*from jelly
>>
>>137143078
Not him, but didn't he also get asked to help out in other ways? I wasn't paying a lot of attention but I though supplies wasn't all there was to it
>>
>>137143119
>Not him, but didn't he also get asked to help out in other ways?
Not in the anime so far, fakebeard just asked him to deliver the supplies.
Running a supply run is risky business as convoy may be ambushed, so you may be forced into eventually defending yourself, but assuming it goes without a hitch, he could just deliver supplies and fuck back off to Yamato.
>>
If the emperor is soooo great, why didn't he have surveillance of the whole world with all the tech and knowledge he had? Why didn't he see the effects of the cycles of Hakuoro's death and rebirth since he has lived for so long? Why hasn't he atleast sent out scouts and made friendly connections with the time he had?
In retrospective, Haku and Emperor's semi-human existence is pretty dumb and only for plot convenience for a sequel.
>>
>>137143220
>why didn't he have surveillance of the whole world with all the tech and knowledge he had?
Because being smart =/= having resources to do everything you want.

Imagine you go back to 1400, your task is to put a spy satellite in the orbit.
Have fun.
>>
>>137143275
Didn't they have satellites for the purpose of spying the Earth's current condition while they where terraforming it? Checkmate autist.
>>
>>137143275
>Because being smart =/= having resources to do everything you want.
Surely you jest anon.
He had the fucking technology ro create artificial humans, WMDs and godzilla masks and you're telling me that he can't even establish a simple spy network?
>>
>>137143304
>Didn't they have satellites for the purpose of spying the Earth's current condition while they where terraforming it?
The only satellite that is there for 100% certain is Amateratsu, if there are others floating about, there's probably no infrastructure to receive their signal.
>>
File: anime girls laugh at you.jpg (445 KB, 1459x820) Image search: [Google]
anime girls laugh at you.jpg
445 KB, 1459x820
>emperor of Yamato has hundreds of years of experience to either build relationships with neighboring countries or learn how to wage a proper war, maybe both
>his generals still take the head-on brute force approach because the only threat they ever faced was starving barbarians
>the collateral damage to their own people results in shitty phyrric victories but nobody gives a shit apparently
>as soon as they're sent to invade a civilized country they get rekt by basic tactics
top fucking kek
>>
Utawareruomono makes me wonder if humanity will eventually destroy itself in the near future before we even step into space colonization.
>>
>>137143362
Well fighting a group of upstarts is different from fighting an organized army

>>137143376
It will anon,
>>
>>137143376
If that happens, I hope more intelligent, beautiful and stronger sentient beings replace us.In fact, I hoped that with Hakuoro sealed, the sequel would take that path of making us wonder if the demihumans would take the same path of destruction as we have. But nooo, the sequel had to center on two semi-humans instead.

>>137143354
He had all the shit to make clones in his lab. Or he could have made the oni race emissaries or spies.
>>
>>137143078
>I don't see how food contributes to killing anybody.
>It's true that Yamato would have to back out if they were running out of supplies

There it directly contributes. More people die if Haku goes and helps out. If I saved some weird creature and then he went and did that to my country I'd be pretty pissed, no matter how you want to dish out the blame.
>>
>>137143346
I hope you realize creating artificial people and godzilla masks is something a single person could do in a lab, putting something in orbit cannot be physically done by a single person.

You need shitton of hydrogen, spaceproof materials (which would probably be an easiest bit to get), a launch pad, control center (possibly could be done in the lab instead) and assemble the rocket engine, the spy sat, put it on the launch pad, fill it with liquid hydrogen, and hope nothing goes wrong so it doesn't explode in mid air and crashes onto some village.
Since he doesn't have bunny mechs, just filling the rocket with fuel would be insanely difficult task.
>>
>>137143476
He has the Amaterasu on the fucking orbit. Also don't tell me it's the only satellite out there.
>>
>>137143476
I'm wondering how long it will take to make decoys. If it's a quick process then what stops you from making an army and just rush the enemy.
>>
>>137143476
In no way i implied that he launch a fucking satellite. What i fucking meant is a group/body that monitors the shit happening at other countries.

There is also the matter of fucking satellites in in orbit. It boggles the mind why he didn't eben think of using them.
>inb4 no facility for signals
He could have fucking built one easilly since creating godzilla masks seems more complicated
>>
File: TRAYTOR.jpg (29 KB, 419x400) Image search: [Google]
TRAYTOR.jpg
29 KB, 419x400
>>137143549
>If it's a quick process then what stops you from making an army and just rush the enemy.
Genius!
>>
>>137143571
I'm not sure if you realized this, but creating the godzilla mask is easier since it required only an existing "blueprint" to recreate. While he is a genius, he can't possibly be good at EVERYTHING.
>>
>>137143545
>He has the Amaterasu on the fucking orbit
Which is a relict of the past. It probably is, since it was the only one mentioned ever.
>>
>>137143476
>cannot be physically done by a single person.
He can fucking create artificial people dipshit which would mean he can make a satellite with infinite manual labor
>>
>>137143625
Guess what, any self respecting organization would also have kept blueprints of things they use in case it breaks down.

How the fuck is creating a godzilla mask easier than creating a computer and antenna/satellite dish?
>>
>>137143675
>infinite manual labor
Let's give highly flammable materials to uneducated people, nothing can go wrong.

Let uneducated people assemble a space rocket, it'll be fine.
>>
>>137143738
To create a stupid mask, he probably just needed some raw material to clone it in some science-y oven. To create a computer you need a wafer fab, you need a proper cleanroom, you also need the correct mask for each later you are creating on the silicon. That's just the first couple of steps before we even get into making the pcbs.
>>
>>137143759
It also makes me wonder why did he only give the barebones of a education? Why start slow?
>>
>>137143859
He already has problem keeping a bunch of barbarians in control without killing bunch of innocent people, imagine the barbarians were running around with furry equivalent of AKs and RPGs.
>>
>>137143759
He could educate them to follow safety regulations.

>>137143784
I retract my statement of creating computers since he already has a lot of them.

Why he didn't think of hooking it up with an antenna and try to contact a satellite in orbit is the bigger question.
>>
>>137143937
He probably didn't have the knowledge or maybe the stuff in his lab do not have the correct dishes to communicate with the satellites. You need many people specialized in different fields to handle something as complicated as a satellite.
>>
For someone so experienced and lived for thousands of year, the Emperor's character should be deeper than wanting to same my wife and child. He comes off not as a wise old man, but a desperate fool who didn't change after al these years taking care of the animal people.
Also it's pretty convenient that Haku was able to reach the time where the Emperor finally decided to clone his wife and daughter, when he could have done that hundreds of years ago.
>>
>>137144097
He might have made multiple clones of Honoka and Anju, when they then die he makes new ones.
>>
>>137143859
Give them too much and they rebel, something he already experienced.
>>
>>137144097
Imagine playing SimCity for a thousand years, do you really think you'd care about the deaths of a few hundred furries?
>>
>>137145337
Anon, there's a difference between a bunch of scripted NPCs and flesh and blood creatures that think, reason and feel.

Humans have empathy because we're shortlived, we're not meant to live more than 100 years or it would erode our sense of morality.
>>
>>137145510
Humans have empathy because we're social ceatures, lifespan has nothing to do with it. If anything our sense of empathy and morality improves with age because of gained perspective unless the person is mentally damaged in some way.
>>
>>137145811
But here in this case, the emperor doesn't even see the artificial creations as human.
>>
>>137145856
He calls them Decoys too. He doesn't see them as equals.
>>
Thank you Whitefox for ruining this anime I was really looking forward to. Hope all of you involved in ruining it die a horrible death by Mongolian anal rape fiesta.
>>
>>137146137
Truly the worst.
>>
File: wf-top20160107.jpg (761 KB, 800x1124) Image search: [Google]
wf-top20160107.jpg
761 KB, 800x1124
>>137146182
Jokes on you. They would have preferred working on more cawfee and gween tea than this show.
>>
>>137146184
He is only a bro towards haku. Know that Haku has the hots for your wife, give him your daughter.
>>
>>137145811
Seeing that how the emperor lost everyone he cared about and was the only one left its no wonder he is mentally damaged.
>>
>>137146182
If only Hakuoru would grant this wish.
>>
Well, this scene was pretty funny at least.
>>
>>137148550
Episode could have been better if they added more stuff from the game.
>>
>>137149663
I'm now at cruise control while watching the series,pretty sad to see one of my anticipated weekly series to be like this.
>>
File: CWQSOTuUYAAAqVS.jpg (40 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
CWQSOTuUYAAAqVS.jpg
40 KB, 300x300
Please buy the BD boxes.
>>
>>137133964
He's not really anti war in the game.

Fucking whitefox.
>>
>>137149966
Nekone a cute.
>>
>>137149966
Just how long are kuon's tail/hair. Her tail seems especially inconsistent. She's shown lifting haku above her head with it, while still having it under her dress and other times it seems to be just up to her shoulders. Her hair seems consistent but super long. She's almost walking on it and it's put up.
>>
>>137153705
Kuon's hair is a miracle of the universe.
>>
>>137154649
>Kuon is a miracle of the universe.

fixed for you
>>
>>137155487
I will never have my own Kuon. Guess its time to learn how to make decoys.
>>
>>137144097
He basically lived way too long.
>>
>>137155487
Odd how her animal traits seem different than her uncle/mother. I don't think you ever see their tails, but the ears seem different. I wonder what she's based off of. The tail suggests monkey of some kind but the ears I have no idea.
>>
>>137144097
He doesn't just want his wife and child back, he wants to restore the human race.
He is a lonely old man who believes he is the last member left of his race and misses human company so much that he is hellbent on fixing the dole thing with the slimes.
It's not that he doesn't see the decoys as people, it's that what he wants is the company of his own race.
Also, he probably cloned his wife and daughter many times (the flashback even shows an Anju clone the first time the Emperor started creating decoys to keep him company).
>>
Nekone a shit.
>>
>>137125949
It's amazing how fucking hard the quality of this show tanked in the second half.
>>
>>137157607
She's cute but her mistakes will cost her dearly.
>>
>>137158268
That's one thing about this franchise. Mistakes cost everyone dearly. There's never any small mess ups. It always seems to end in catastrophic failure usually with huge collateral damage in the process.
>>
>>137158268
>>137158398
What i hate is her bringing MC with her in her mistakes.
>>
>>137158818
I hope Kuon finds out the trutz in the third game before she makes a mistake that kills Haku.
>>
3rd game ends with Haku becoming the second half of Witsarunemitea to restore humanity. Calling it now.
>>
>>137133272
This sounds too badass for how boring Itsuwari no Kamen is till now.

At the same time, Tuskuru's top branch knows that the emperor is after Hakuoro. There's no way Karura and Touka are just idling around if Tuskuru is in real danger.

But we also see Kuon joining the invasion, for no good reason. I don't even know what to make of this clusterfuck. Can we just wake up Hakuoro and have him sort out this mess?
>>
>>137160141
Wake up Hakuoru and he might spread a new jelly curse or something.
>>
File: 1449287598275.jpg (314 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1449287598275.jpg
314 KB, 1280x960
>>137159992
>Haku becomes black god while hakuoro is still white god
>No more split personality problems
>No more war between gods happening
>No need for a seal while they dont fucked up the wishes
>Hakuoro can finally be happy with his waifu
>>
>>137160141
>>137160503
>wake up Hakuoro
>he metts Haku
>they talk
>become bros
>wars ends
>humanity restored
>Kuon losing it because her husbando and her dad are way too fucking similar
>>
>>137142901
Won't happen. Not even official artbooks either.
>>
>>137160503
>>137160661

Hakuoro already moved on from his life at the end of the first game. His only lingering regret might be leaving Eruru behind.

Which reminds me, the first anime improved on the VN, especially the ending, why did this one disrespected the source material.
>>
>>137160681
I want sol ova's of this.
I can see Hakuoru trying to pair up Kuon and Haku. Add in discussions on how to handle a harem.
>>
>>137160681
Hakuoro will probably be like oh shit because humanity will die if it's revived.
>>
>>137161291
Wasn't the whole point of the Emperor's research prior to Haku's sleep to make humans capable of surviving in the surface?
If you fix the curse shit + use the Emperor's research there shouldn't be any problem.
>>
>>137161343
There are probably billions of people, die right exposed to the atmosphere with no chance of getting administered.

And who knows if their minds are gone after being goo for 1000 years.
>>
Who which side are the nips are? Chances are they are more on the Yamato side since the first game was released 10 years ago.

I am more on the Tuskuru side since playing the first game.
>>
>>137161432
Most slimes are still in the underground facilities and still safe from the atmosphere. The few that aren't will probably die but oh well.

The wish can include immunity to the atmosphere or something too. It could also be safe now just because whatever pathogens or conditions that were killing people on the surface are gone now.
>>
>>137161918
I dont think it'll be that simple. There has to be some bad bitter part in the ending and I'd rather have that then Haku dying.
>>
>>137160661
>>137159992
If Haku becomes black god he's fucked. Dii was taken over by the black half, that's what it does, takes over people since it lacks a body unlike Hakuoro. Haku would remain physically there but die mentally and be replaced by the black god.
>>
>>137161432
It would be a little retarded on the Emperor's part to put so much effort into restoring humanity and not taking such a thing into account.
He probably knew how to avoid it.
>>
>>137162003
>implying Haku wouldn't avoid posession thourgh the power of not giving enough fucks
>>
>>137162003
Was Dii's backstory ever explained aside from the fact he was a scholar who got possessed/fused with the dark half?
>>
>>137136343
I barely understood any of that except what he does while she's on his lap, but godDAMN she is cute there. Seems more and more like this adaption isn't all that great, shame that I'm 1000 years to early to be speaking moon.
>>
>>137162592
The head pats and feeding was adorable. her punching him after she found out was great. So sad they didn't adapt it for at least the foreshadowing.
>>
>>137142254
Well, there's the possibility he just doesn't care all that much about Anju. She's a constant reminder of how he went nuts after hundreds of years without his first daughter. He still calls the animal people decoys in front of Haku.
>>
>>137136343
Holy shit, VN Haku seems 100 better than anime Haku and I can't even understand moon.
Why did they tone down his comical/troll side so much?
>>
>>137163722
Once again,

Filthy secondary director who never played the game.
>>
>>137164402
>directing something without even knowing the source material
Is this a legit thing? Why would anyone do something so stupid? Why would the studio hide someone who does something so stupid?
>>
>>137164469
The game wasn't released when they got the script supposedly. Director wouldn't have played it anyways though, since they could have played it after launch and before 2nd cour was worked on.
>>
>>137164469
the anime was in production before the game was released. It's likely they got just key parts of the script and works on those events. It was probably already finalized way before s2 was being made.
>>
>>137136343
The VN feels more tranquil and light compared the the anime.
>>
>>137157407
Maybe a white panther?
>>
File: 1378164559889.png (146 KB, 467x847) Image search: [Google]
1378164559889.png
146 KB, 467x847
>>137166187
>>
Man if Kuon is Hakuoro daughter why didn't she come out of Yuzuha's womb with a mask?
>>
>>137166517
The mask and the god shit arent genetic.
>>
>>137162003
So would that make the mask the White God's body, then?
>>
>>137169258
Yea, pretty much.
>>
>hey we're going to invade your country want to come along

>okay

what.
>>
File: 1452374339501.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452374339501.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
So why exactly isn't she ripping the spines out of Yamato soldiers on the battlefield again?
>>
>>137160931
But Hakuoro said he will be back after sleeping right?
>>
>>137171209
She's weird. Goes where Haku goes.
>>
File: 1454811484641.jpg (72 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1454811484641.jpg
72 KB, 640x960
>>137171722
No.
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-04+at+04.47.01).jpg (91 KB, 659x515) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-04+at+04.47.01).jpg
91 KB, 659x515
>>137172333
The pattern in Hakuoro's mask become smiley emoticon in the end
>>
>>137172333
His mask came off in the game?
>>
>>137134929
im flying blind here but didnt they say there was something to make them stronger and/or adapt and they couldnt be sure that nuking the planet set it to normal again or the serum worked
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_JwUHsQrq0
>>
>>137166187
I thought they had more thick tails? Anju is a snow leopard obviously. Her tail is also huge.
>>
>>137157455
it was reading this that i realized couldn't the emperor just make human clones? instead of saving the other humans i mean if he coult make decoys from the dna of an "ancient human" that makes furries then coulnt he make clones of his own dna and alter it so there are females and a varying gene pool?
>>
>>137160141
arent they more interested in the labs.... i mean i dont see haku making any life suffer by his own hands to restore the human race. and even if you focus on the "by his own hands" part there is practically no one else then him to do it
>>
>>137171472
too busy preparing the assassination of the emperor
>>
>>137173479
Humans were probably unable to be copied because of the curse turning them into jello. He probably couldn't indirectly clone himself/haku and have a base human to modify before they went jello on him. He could obviously make a human clone, but humans are cursed. He altered himself and haku before being exposed to the curse.
>>137172860
Haku is gentically modified to be a stronger human, but still human at that point. Later he's offered super genes which would likely turn him superhuman though.
>>137172470
Yes. It's to drive the point in that he's not coming back. and to torment eruru.
>>137171472
She maybe calmed down some in 16 years. She was always pretty laid back anyway. She fought for hakuoro not for tuskuru. If there was actually a threat to anyone she cared about I'm sure bodies would start exploding sure. Currently there isn't. Hell there aren't many beings that can threaten the people she cares about anyway.
>>
>>137173728
>Yes. It's to drive the point in that he's not coming back. and to torment eruru.
I wonder if Haku just on a whim told Kuon what was going on.

She and Eruruu might have enough selfish motives to awaken him for the sake of uncursing the humans
>>
>>137173775
does humanity deserve to be cured? if i was in his shoes i would just release the emperors direct family. i would be past the point that they murdered my wife and unborn child and would no longer hold animosity for the entire race (just the closest to the ones responsible) but i wouldn't release everyone
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.