[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets analyze Yagami Light's decisions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 14
What were Yagami Light's/Kira's mistakes? Where did it all go wrong?

I'm going to focus on two criteria:

*) clear cut, conscious mistakes without the benefit of foresight

*) mistakes made before L's death

No real reason, it just limits the scope. Feel free to add your own lists. I also don't want to second guess his overall plan too much or point out the flaws in bad gambles that worked out in his favor anyway. Again, that's something other people are free to analyze.

I've got 8 major mistakes analyzed and ready. I will split this over multiple posts.

1 of 8, pt 1:
Until the FBI gets involved, Light never exercised caution about what evidence could lead back to him. I am willing to ignore Light's mistake when he tested the Death Note by killing the first victim on TV (which L was able to connect to him). However, once Light finds his conviction to "change the world" by becoming Kira he deserves full blame for failing to think how the police would gather evidence to find him.

Light should have known that the only potential evidence he could be leaving is with the victims themselves: statistical analysis of who, when, where and how the victims died. Light's status as some kind of prodigy/volunteer detective would make this obvious if he had stopped for one minute to think about evidence at all. Even regular detectives do this kind of statistical work for non-supernatural serial killer cases.
>>
File: 2 646119caca6b83f1ca.png (345 KB, 600x345) Image search: [Google]
2 646119caca6b83f1ca.png
345 KB, 600x345
1 of 8, pt 2:
Consider all the evidence Light mistakenly creates in this way:

a) he doesn't randomize the time of death, so that L has evidence that Kira is a student
b) he then deliberately manipulates the time of death every hour, so that L has conclusive knowledge that Kira can control the time of death and that Kira probably has access to police information
c) he biases his targets towards Japan, giving evidence on where Kira is
d) he doesn't wait for his first victim to be forgotten, so that L has more evidence that Kira is in Japan
e) even though he eventually schedules killings to occur months in advance, he doesn't also schedule random days or weeks where he doesn't kill criminals for no particular reason nor does he schedule periods where few criminals are killed (but not zero). By establishing a pattern that Kira always kills every day at the highest rate Light can physically manage, it brings suspicion on whenever Light is unable to kill or unable to kill at the same rate.

More mistakes of this sort that aren't as clear cut:
I will ignore that Light tested the limits of the Death Note on prisoners. It obviously has major downsides of giving L more information on Kira's power AND later it gives evidence on which dates Kira felt threatened by the FBI. But Light could reasonably be thinking that testing the Death Note in person would be too risky. There is at least SOME advantage to letting the police observe the test results of his experiments for him.

I will also ignore Light killing Lind L. Tailor. Obviously it was an emotionally charged mistake. Even worse, this mistake provides L the only solid evidence that Kira is unable to kill certain people. If we want to be really generous though we could say that, had Lind L Tailor not been a trap, killing him on live TV would have been a major public relations coup, so there was SOME theoretical advantage to weigh against the downside.
>>
File: 3 light_yagami_by_quadrophonic.jpg (44 KB, 483x272) Image search: [Google]
3 light_yagami_by_quadrophonic.jpg
44 KB, 483x272
>>136417129

2 of 8:
Light never deliberately leaves evidence pointing AWAY from him and his location. There is no reason he couldn't leave evidence pointing to other regions of Japan or other countries. And he could also leave evidence pointing to specific people to make the investigators run in circles: e.g. when a specific person is hospitalized, he could stop the killings, or when a specific school or university (but not his own) has a break from classes, he could schedule the killings to occur throughout the day instead of after class hours. Or, as in the Yotsuba Corporation plot line, he could kill people that appears to directly benefit some company or person.

3 of 8:
Light kills Ray Penber, and all 12 FBI agents because, in his own words, "if I leave them alone for a few months, the chance I'm caught might rise above zero." This is silly and completely illogical. The FBI doesn't know what it is looking for when it investigates, and the only evidence against Light is that Kira is likely getting information from the Police. Anyone could theoretically be hacking into the Police computers, but killing the FBI agents creates a mountain of new evidence pointing to himself (and a few others). And at this point in the story, Light is already fully aware how the choice of victims leaves evidence.
>>
>>136417153

4 of 8:
When Light meets Misa and learns that she is the second Kira, he doesn't use this chance to tell Misa anything about who L is. Recall that Light ALREADY KNOWS L's face, he knows this is the real L from his father, AND he knows that Misa has the eyes of a Death God. Yet Light does not provide a verbal description of L to Misa (which would be rather unmistakable, given how L stands out), nor does he give her L's fake name and a sketch of his appearance. Heck, giving Misa a photo of L might even be possible, since L is a student of Touou university and helped give the freshman speech! This mistake results in Misa not paying enough attention to L's true name once they run into each other.

5 of 8:
When Light instructs Misa to send the final video to the TV station to reply to the police, he makes it too obvious that the two Kiras are working together. Having L learn that the two Kiras are meeting in secret is also the only real evidence L has to suspect Misa could be the second Kira. Without this suspicion, he might not have collected Misa's DNA to match against the hair samples.

There are all sorts of better videos Misa could have sent on Light's behalf. Most of all, Misa could claim to know/suspect that the Police are impersonating the first Kira in their video. Misa just has to demand proof that the police cannot provide, such as asking the first Kira to prove himself by killing a specific criminal or asking the first Kira to stop the killings for the next X days. To establish credibility that the two Kiras have not formally met each other yet, Misa's video could demand that if the real Kira wants to meet he should provide a video with said proof, and until then she will be waiting and/or the demand that L appear on TV be upheld.
>>
>>136417179

6 of 8:
When Light leaves a letter for Misa to find when digging up the Death Note, he doesn't give any instructions on what to do if Misa can't remember L's name or the exact spelling. This mistake leads to Misa losing half of her life AGAIN for no good reason -- Misa doesn't even end up using those eyes to kill L! From the sound of Light's reaction of this news you get the feeling that he would have formulated a backup plan instead of asking her to do this.

Speaking of such backup plans, recall that at the point Light wrote that letter in the past, he ALREADY had an agreement with Rem that she would kill L to protect Light and Rem was even willing to wait for Light's commands. He should have reminded Misa of this in the letter, and Misa should have remembered herself anyway.
>>
>>136417210

7 of 8:
Light adds a fake rule to the Death Note that says "the user of a Death Note must write a name every 13 days, or else they will themselves die." Creating a fake rule that can be easily disproven is a big mistake, and it is what results in having to kill L and Watari to narrowly avoid being caught. The 'advantage' of the rule was supposed to prove that Light and Misa were always innocent, which it fails to do since L suspects them and this rule enough to test it.

It's actually pretty tricky to come up with a fake rule to prove their innocence conclusively without also being easily falsifiable (which doesn't excuse the mistake though.) Here is the best rule I could come up with: "the user of a Death Note must write a name every 13 days, or else every 13th day they will become an unwitting murderer and a random person the user thinks of that day will die. This will continue even if the user loses possession of the Death Note."

This rule is dangerous enough that it can't be tested safely - there is an uncontrollable population of innocent people that could be killed by testing it. But it is public enough that being imprisoned and/or put under surveillance for long enough would statistically result in many visible deaths among people the suspect knows.

8 of 8:
In addition to the previous mistake, Light's plan for protecting the fake rule was to hope it wasn't discovered, or else force Rem to kill L if it was on the verge of being discovered. But he could have given Rem instructions to secretly kill the test prisoner after 13 days instead stopping the test all together. This would confirm the rule for everybody else, which again would solidify his innocence permanently. The one supposed 'advantage' with Light's original plan is that it would lead to the death of Rem. But in reality Rem could be killed in the same fashion at any time by creating a new threat to Misa.
>>
Let's not.
>>
That's a good analysis. Light wasn't quite the genius everyone say he is, because if he was, L would have no chance to do anything.
The mindgame is a bit better in part 2.
>>
It is a miracle that the killing Raye Penber didn't completely fuck Light up. We aren't really shown how much security footage the police have on Raye's movement besides footage of his death. But it seems likely that Light could have easily been caught on camera. Also, Light was on the train for like 2 hours. What if someone recognized him?

It also isn't inconceivable that Raye could have decided to sacrifice himself by turning around, removing Kira's hoodie, and crying "This man is Kira!" once Light kills that one man in the subway.
>>
>>136418631
>It also isn't inconceivable that Raye could have decided to sacrifice himself by turning around, removing Kira's hoodie, and crying "This man is Kira!" once Light kills that one man in the subway.
He was manipulated by the Death Note so no he couldn't have done that. If it wasn't for that I suspect he'd have done it
>>
>>136418699
> He was manipulated by the Death Note so no he couldn't have done that. If it wasn't for that I suspect he'd have done it

Hmm, I guess that's true and Light could have written "Raye cooperates with his assailant until dying at X pm"
>>
Misa deserves blame for lots of mistakes, but it feels unfair to harp on her too much. One thing that doesn't make sense is why she sends a video to the TV station after she discovers who Kira is. The video I'm talking about is the one where she just says "Thank you, I've found Kira".

There's absolutely no reason to do that. If she wanted to let Light know that she has discovered his identity, she could have done so at any time by sending a communication to him directly.
>>
Good thread.
>>
File: nearhere.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
nearhere.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>136417096
Light's biggest mistake was not getting information on everyone who lived at Wammy's house and then killing every last person there.

That would have killed Near and Mellow for sure, as well as majority of other people who may have been a threat.

This could have been a direct attack towards L and let L know that Kira knows about your pasted and it would hasten L's search for sure. But even under that kind of pressure I'm sure L would feel a little fear.
>>
Near and Mello learn about the existence of the Death Note from police officers who helped apprehend Higuchi and overhead his confession on the freeway.

But they would have no knowledge of the Death Note rules or what happened to it, e.g. whether it was destroyed by the Police.

The inner circle who protects the Death Note could have agreed in advance that if anyone ever discovers about the existence of Death Notes and asks them about it, they will simply lie and say it was destroyed to protect humanity.
>>
Why couldn't Light just pay for the shinigami eyes and Kill L personally?
>>
>>136419962
This sort of goes against Light's policy of not killing innocents without good reason. I agree it would have been justified and not doing it turns out to be a big mistake, but I think we can give Light credit that he had to weigh it against his principles.

This is also why it would be hard for Light to create a decoy by incriminating a random organization/company by killing people which benefits that group.
>>
>>136420289
He wasn't trying to give up his life span(to show you how delusional he actually is)
>>
>>136420442
It's not that delusional/over confident. If he thought his chances of being caught were less than 50% I think not giving up half your lifespan is pretty reasonable.
>>
File: death_note.png (547 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
death_note.png
547 KB, 1920x1200
>>136417096
If Light was smart he would have used the Death Note to kill Misa, after Rem, L and Wateri died. This would ensure that Light is the only person to be doing any killing, he also shouldn't have gotten other people like that Lawyer and his New Girlfriend involved. He needed to be the sole person killing people.

Or if he WAS going to get a partner, he should have kept bribing ryuk with apples. Ryuk would have damn sure done anything Light asked (except kill himself) for apples. This was Light's biggest blunder.
>>
>>136420584
Did Misa ever really cause problems after Rem, L and Watari died? She has the eyes, so keeping her alive is an asset, and she can do the busy work of judging criminals to free Light's time.

I wonder how suspicious it would be if she died. At this point, all the investigators know that Kira can kill using accidental deaths and other such ways.
>>
>lmao we knew who your secret hikki friend was and we made a fake notebook, ggnore
10/10 ending
>>
>>136420867
they used the Death Note on Mikami to ensure the play worked well
that's why he dies 10 days later
>>
>>136420867
A whole fake death note, over 10,000+ names. In one night. In one night...IN ONE NIGHT, IN ONE MOTHERFUCKING NIGHT

IDENTICAL NOTEBOOK, PRODUCED IN ONE NIGHT AND OUR SPECIAL AGENT IN HANDWRITING COPYING IT ALL OVER.

IN. ONE. NIGHT.

Even Light when hearing that looked to the camera saying "Authors....please.

As far as I seen it, after that.
>>
>>136420730
Think about it. Misa was an illiterate idiot. Killing her was the only thing getting in his way, once Near and Mellow got on the case, killing Misa would make it seem like Kira isn't Light since they were planning to be married. Light can use this as an excuse to go balls to the walls off searching for "Kira" with Near and eventually dig up information on his name.
>>
>>136420584
Not only is Misa innocent, but Misa would follow Light's orders if he wanted sole control. The only time Light considers killing Misa is before he realizes she is obedient.
>>
>>136420584
If Light was so smart then he would have dicked Misa and not die a virgin.
>>136421046
>Misa
>Innocent
She had no problem killing two coops before meeting Light, she had no problem killing any woman who was getting close to Light. She is cute but that woman is not al right in the head
>>
The biggest mistake Light made was messing with the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
>>
>>136421203
Anon please, he made the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA his bitch. He bitches them so hard that they pulled out of the investigation
>>
>>136417096
Nice wall of text.

If I was 15 and in the closet I'd probably be very interested in it and Death Note my favourite anime.
>>
When Higuchi reigns as Kira, he blackmails the Japan police force to stop their search for Kira.

How come everyone else acting as Kira doesn't do more of this?
>>
>>136420944
>implying the fake Death Note was identical
>implying Mikami wasn't manipulated by the real one since the beginning to use the fake
>>
Why didn't Light just fucking stab L
>>
If you are Kira, and if there are no other Kiras, then you could play your cards right and avoid letting the world know that Kira is in fact a regular human with powers. i.e., you could maintain the possibility that Kira is a god.

Which is the better master plan? If people think you are a god or a silent force of nature, then they aren't going to try and capture you.

But if people think you are a human, you'll have supporters people willing to cooperate with you. I also think humans are more likely to fear a human Kira, since a human Kira could broadcast orders and just generally have a larger presence since he doesn't have to disguise the human element behind "finding" each victim. If Kira was some silent force, there would also be some people dismissing any consequences as being all up to fate and beyond their control.
>>
Light's end is just a succession of mistakes he makes because of his warped sense of justice. Was he a little more sly, he wouldn't have made anything public. He had an impressive tool which allowed him to do whatever he wanted. Pick people randomly between those he thought should have been executed, kill them in random ways and always at different times.
This does kill the whole premise of the show, I know (which isn't much about the death note itself but about the different views of morality everyone had), but would have been the smartest move. Kira's fate was decided by himself once he started spiraling down in his power trip. Not a dumb character, but not even as smart as he thought he was.
>>
>>136422296
the faggot was lazy and just gave everyone a heat attack
even a simple "x commits suicide/gets in a fatal accident within the next week" would make everything a lot more random
>>
>>136422296
>>136422360
He didn't just want to kill criminals, he wanted to better the world by making people fear the consequences of committing crimes. Giving people random deaths that look coincidental would defeat the whole point.
>>
The Death Note would not actually be incredibly valuable for personal gain to most people (i.e. if you have qualms about killing innocent people).

The most useful thing it can do is make people fear being killed, like Light does. Keeping it secret isn't that great, because having a few less criminals does mean much when the world isn't changing for the "better".

Randomizing the times of death and how he obtains their information is still a big mistake though to avoid being caught.
>>
Can the Death Note retroactively alter reality?

For example, what if Light/Kira wrote "[this person] will die after aliens in flying saucers vaporize him". Does this mean aliens suddenly burst into existence, and with it, their home planet and thousands of years of history/culture/technology?
>>
>>136422858
If he's alive, he dies from a heart attack because aliens don't exist
>>
File: ayy lmao.png (3 KB, 237x185) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.png
3 KB, 237x185
>>136422923
>Aliens don't exist
>>
I'd use the Death Note on myself.

I'd write: "[my name] will live a very long, successful, happy, and healthy life in which he will succeed in anything he tries, before dying peacefully at the age of 115, surrounded by friends and family and in comfort."
>>
>>136423055
and then a minute later you die from a heart attack because the notebook cant do the impossible
>>
>>136423055
I'm pretty sure the Death Note cannot extend life. Remember, Death Gods see a person's "primary lifespan" and they gain the remainder when they kill them.

I would also guess that the details in the Notebook probably have to relate to the means of death. You can't just write events that you want to happen that aren't related to how the person dies.
>>
Am I the only one who watched 26 episodes of the anime, stopped watching it because it stopped airing, seen the last scene in the anime on youtube and then never picked it up since?
>>
How many pages are in a Death Note? Is there a canon explanation for how many names will fit or what happens if the user needs more pages?
>>
>>136423251
I don't remember exactly what happens at which episode, but the first part until L's dead was good, and the series got worse afterwards. It's ok, anon.
>>
>>136423929

The problem is I know how it ends but don't want t o slog through the rest. Not to mention I hate Near and Mellow so there is that. What is the point of watching the show when the best character is dead and that I know the show takes a nosedive in quality in the second half?
>>
>>136417129
You should become a serial killer. You would be excellent.
>>
>>136423987
To get swimming lessons
>>
>>136424109
Fuck, I lost that gif. Someone post it please.
>>
>>136424181
Someone really should make a "remastered" webm.
>>
>>136424261
I would try if I had the original gif for the script.
>>
>>136424361
Shit I really need to organize this mess, let me dig more and I'll post it.
>>
File: 1448751240967.gif (3 MB, 225x127) Image search: [Google]
1448751240967.gif
3 MB, 225x127
>>136424361
>>
File: You just need a 720p rip.gif (2 MB, 225x127) Image search: [Google]
You just need a 720p rip.gif
2 MB, 225x127
>>136424361
And here you have it.
>>
File: MATSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDA.jpg (67 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
MATSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDA.jpg
67 KB, 500x282
>>136424655
>>136424641
He had such a promising start
>>
But who was best girl?
>>
>>136424361
Godspeed anon.
>>
Someone explain to me how many "Death Notes" there are in the anime, and who gains control of which note.

Ryuk has two notes, and Rem has two notes. Each god gives one to Light and Misa One later ends up in the Police's hands, and the other is buried. Light acquires Rem's personal note when she dies. The note that Ryuk doesn't keep for personal use is actually owned by Shideo (sp?). How come Light and Misa can't see Shideo? And how come Light and Misa can touch Shideo's note to see Ryuk?

Also, which notes have Light's and Misa's handwritting in them? Isn't there a risk of being caught?
>>
>>136425698
4 death notes in the series but only 3 in play, Ryuks personally death note was never used.
>>
>>136426782

Ryuks 2nd Death Note has Light's handwriting, and Rem's 2nd Death Note has Misa's handwriting. One of these had to have been buried, and the other has to have been given to Higuichi before being given to the Police, Mello, and finally returned to the Death God world.

So why didn't the Police check the handwriting?

The only explanation I can give is if Ryuk or Rem exchanged one of the "in use" notes with their personal note at the scene where Light buries one note and sends one to Higuichi.
>>
Giving Mello the Death Note in the hostage exchange was so dumb. I hate how all forms of media will throw logic out the window when the "bad guys" wants to get something the "good guys" have by taking a prisoner.

If a criminal takes a hostage and demands a nuclear weapon, do you give it to them? It's always sold on some bullshit about sentimental attachment to the character who is held hostage.
>>
>>136426931
If I remember right Light switched the ownership of the Notes so that the second one that Rem had belonged to Ryuk and the second one that Ryuk had belonged to Rem. So the one that the police got had none of Lights handwriting and there were several thorn pages.
>>
>>136424800
Rem
>>
>>136424800
Misa, my waifu.
>>
>>136427116
Ah, I guess tearing out the pages solves the problem.
>>
>>136423055
You can control a victim in a 23day timeframe, so you would live a very long, successful, happy, and healthy 23 days in which you will succeed in anything you tries, before dying of heart attack. You'd still probably die after 40 seconds because the 115 years part becomes impossible to realize once you write your name on he death note.
>>
>>136421806
Think ahead m8. He'd get himself detained.
>>
>>136417153
>This is silly and completely illogical.
You forgot It was a game of "L" vs "Kira". They BOTH wanted to get at each other and neither had a "logical" reason to engage in conflict in the first place. That's a major part of the plot.

AND

That move worked pretty well, as in the end, "L" gambled and decided to put himself out in the open, when his man-force was reduced to handful of people.
>>
>>136432639
>>136432639
Just to be clear: the exercise I was doing is to look for mistakes, ignoring the artistic touch involved in crafted the story such as bringing L and Kira in conflict. I'm explicitly looking to whether Light made a mistake _according to reasoning that he would be able to make_.

Light didn't know that killing the FBI agents would reveal L's face. He explicitly states his only reason for killing them is to avoid being caught. Up to that point, his only thought process about uncovering L is to let the police investigate L. "I won't be the one who'll find L... The police will do that for me".

The move did not work well anyway, because murdering the FBI agent is the entire basis for investigating the suspects investigated by the FBI, and especially by Penber.

Being a suspect is a stain that can't be removed by killing L, so you ultimately can't compare that to the benefit of finding L's face. And you can't give credit for uncovering L's face without having foresight. If L was going to go out in the open once he got desperate, then Light should have given L *less* evidence, or evidence pointing to someone else.
>>
Why the long analysis? He fucked up right at the beginning by falling for Ls very first trick.
Also showed he wasn't worthy of the Death Note and a deranged narcissistic egomaniac, not a martyr, in the first place.

Did Misa survive in the manga and was part of that weird Kira cult in the end or did she died there as well? Can't remember right now.
>>
>>136417210
> at the point Light wrote that letter in the past, he ALREADY had an agreement with Rem that she would kill L to protect Light and Rem was even willing to wait for Light's commands.
Didn't she do this to protect Misa. Misa losing half her life would make this happen much sooner.
>>
>>136433935
>Just to be clear: the exercise I was doing is to look for mistakes, ignoring the artistic touch involved in crafted the story such as bringing L and Kira in conflict. I'm explicitly looking to whether Light made a mistake _according to reasoning that he would be able to make_.
According to your fantasies? All your posts are "artistic" as in - "pulled out of the ass" imagined SPECULATIONS, since you neither wrote the story or were involved in crafting it.

>The move did not work well anyway
It did.
The only lose end was wife, and it got tied up.
"L" lost his man-power (having to repeat it.. gee) both FBI and Japanese policemen, lost trust of people who worked with him, "L" went into the open and later on - died.
Huge success with new world order established as intended.
>>
>>136434974
At that point, Rem agreed to kill L in order to protect Light, not protect Misa, since keeping Light alive would make Misa happy.
>>
>>136424361
>>136424641
>>136424655
>>136425144

Well, after three hours, it's here! I missed one or two lines, because I actually cut too much out of the episode while I was collecting the various scenes, and added one at the end, seemed to fit. Also, I'm sorry for no shaking text, but tried to reproduce everything else the best way I could.

If someone could reduce the filesize, it would be wonderful. It's 8MB and 4chan allows only up to 3MB.

Enjoy!

https://d.maxfile.ro/euzpeocpiy.webm
>>
>>136417096
Good shit, I outta rewatch.
>>
>>136435757
https://d.maxfile.ro/hrkeeoqflf.webm

Corrected a typo.
>>
>>136435500
The only mistake Light made, was becoming the "L".
>>
No, Light's mistake was that Near knew the plot in advance.

Propably one of you fags who spoilered him.
>>
>>136435757
>>136436359
Nice.

There was a manga version of this vintage meme too.
>>
File: anonymous delivers.jpg (8 KB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
anonymous delivers.jpg
8 KB, 200x180
>>136435757
Yet again, anonymous delivers.
>>
>>136421008
>Near wouldn't have realized that was all a part of Light's plan
>>
I always see these threads and think Light's biggest mistake was using the note at all. How would an intelligent person actually handle this?
Some alien creature has just handed you a piece of unknown technology. You have no idea how it works. You have no idea who else might have one, or know about them. You have no idea if it's usage can be traced.
You don't need to be afraid of the police. You need to be afraid of the unknown. A secret society of death note users. A secret CIA division monitoring the planet for assassinations. You can only take Ryuks word for it that these things don't exist. And he is not a trustworthy entity.
Ultimate power requires ultimate paranoia. In the end, the best option is probably to pussy out.
>>
Only reason Light lost is because even in a story with a villain protagonist, the bad guy has to ultimately lose.
>>
>>136438056
If you're so paranoid, who's to say the creature isn't going to kill you if you give the note back? There's a self proclaimed death god in your apartment, and he wants to be entertained.
>>
>>136438056
I agree, it is risky to deal with something so far out in the unknown. I understand why he did it though. He wanted his "wish" to come true, basically succumbing to greed once he realized how powerful the note is. Even smart people get blindsided by things like that.
>>
File: microscope.png (91 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
microscope.png
91 KB, 500x260
>>136421456
>>
Something I noticed:

When Light cooks up the bus hijacking plan to find out Ray Penber's name, the plan is highly dependent on Ray Penber sitting directly behind or very close to Light, so that Light can whisper to him and look at his ID card. Realistically, Penber could have sat anywhere else on the bus, and the plan wouldn't work if he chose to sit far away from Light to avoid raising suspicion. Which is something most detectives would probably do.
>>
>>136417096
he was a retard
>>
>>136439663
Yeah, that's a good observation.

I suppose Light knows the hijacker can be tricked into picking up his piece of paper and firing his weapon at Ryuk. He probably also assumes Penber would intervene afterwards. I wonder if Light had a plan to exploit this turn of events to see Penber's ID badge.

We see Penber flee the scene afterwards, but maybe Light thought he would stay to debrief the police (which honestly makes more sense to me, even if Penber cannot reveal why he is there.). Since the police would see his badge, Light could access the police records later.
>>
>>136417096
>Episode fucking 1 when he got duped into using the Death Note right after L's broadcast.
>Trusting a guy who worships him
>>
There were some major plotholes in the manga:

- Raye Penbar's fiancee claimed to have information on Kira but the cops let her leave the station. (Which, in itself, is beyond stupid considering just how serious that case was.) That was the LAST place she was seen and Light was the last person she was seen with before disappearing. Even if people suspected that she had killed herself her family would have put in a missing person's report, because a body was never found. Considering that she was Raye's fiancee, a way superior detective, and was last seen with the person who was being followed by one of the very FBI agents that was killed first L's interest would have been piqued. The fact that L never even investigated her almost convenient disappearance was almost too OOC.

- She was an idiot. L announced that Kira was: a high schooler, in that specific region of Japan, had access to the police computers and files. Light fit 2 of those descriptions, AND he was related to someone who worked in the police station.

- In the manga, Aizawa, for some reason, never realized that he ran right by Light and a woman even though the people working at the front/reception desk did. Aizawa never even went back and told his father that he saw Light outside walking with a woman, maybe wondering if he got a girlfriend.

- Back in the beginning when L went through all that trouble to, illegally, put all of those cameras in their homes that he never thought twice to check the garbage?! What kind of detective does a half assed job like that?! It's not as L was poor. He could have bought out the garbage men or hired a private company to pretend to be public sanitation workers to pick up the garbage

I liked the story, but that was so poorly thought out I just wish that Ray Penbar was single, because it's obvious that the writer didn't really think shit through and made some blatantly obvious mistakes.
>>
>>136440772
Excellent stuff. The investigators certainly made tons of mistakes too.

Also, other than I think the second one, all those apply to the anime version (I'm unsure if she would know L's deductions about being a student unless Ray told her).
>>
>>136440772
Did Raye Penbar's fiancee introduce herself as such to the police desk at the station? Or did she just present herself as a random person?
>>
If Naomi Misora investigated Kira using a fake name, then she must have felt her life was threatened. She should have written down notes of her investigation trail in case she was killed by Kira.
>>
>>136441279
1. If she did introduce herself as such and they still ignored her would be stupid.

2. If she didn't to hide her identity, but still felt comfortable enough to give her name to some kid she just met in the police station would make her unbelievably stupid.
>>
>>136442832
>1. If she did introduce herself as such and they still ignored her would be unbelievably stupid.
>>
>>136441094
I recall L announcing, on live TV that he had figured out his shit and even went so far as to reveal his first crime. It's not as if the internet wasn't around then either. It would have been easy to check it. Hell, even if Naomi promised to give up being a detective to be a wife it's safe to say that she would have still be following or had interest in this case.
>>
Just admit it didn't make sense.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.