[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you detect killing intent, /a/? I know it sounds a little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12
File: a just world.jpg (71 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
a just world.jpg
71 KB, 500x409
How do you detect killing intent, /a/? I know it sounds a little silly, but I'm on a quest to become a great warrior and I know that to do that you have to be able to sense killing intent. I've already mastered running with my arms stretched out behind me so this seems like the next logical step.
>>
>>136283215
They'll usually laugh deeply or have red eyes. I can confirm this on my decades of experience fighting strong opponents
>>
>>136283215
>mfw i've always wanted to ask this but op beat me to it and was a retard about it
>>
>>136283215
By being aware of what can kill you and what can't. If you're afraid of everything even such as eating because you may choke, that means you have the ability to detect killing intent. Acknowledgement of those fears is what it is you're looking for.
>>
>>136283215
They'll usually squint their eyes or clench their teeth. Body language does wonders. They'll be leaning forward with one foot out in front.
>>
It's that feeling you get when a black guy is walking down the same side of the street as you.

memorize that feeling.
>>
You can feel it in your bowels.
>>
>>136283373
This is the best answer.
>>
>>136283215
Body language and facial expressions combined with speech irregularities ya cunt
>>
>>136283532
This
>>
>>136283215
It's similar to how you detect whren someone's staring at you from behind.
>>
>>136283215
It's just glorified paranoia.
>>
>>136283215
Activate your chuuni powers
>>
>>136283215

They'll have an aura and ominous music. If everything goes monochrome you're fucked.
>>
>>136283353

My pet rabbit has red eyes, is she secretly strong? Her name is Reisen.
>>
A very small percent of people are born with a powerfull will. That "passion" can be felt in a number of ways from bones inducing to "that guy would/could kill me."

It's a natural phenomenon that most people don't actually notice because they, like the mass majority of people aren't much brighter than animals. They feel it only as an instinct and generally react accordingly. At 6'4, and having followed the one punch man workout since my teens and been both blessed with a high IQ and good education I feel that I can offer an opinion of value. Especially since in my younger years, I worked with a gang, and subtlety influenced them with my brootal, animu, heavy metal way of life, causing much chaos in the process until they betrayed me. I often simply was just a delivery guy or bodyguard, but I always made sure to note people's reactions to certain things.
>>
>>136283215
>How do you detect killing intent.
Just like animals, your body would become uneasy around a perceived threat and you'll go into flight or fight mode. You can see someone's intent to kill in their eyes and movements, because that person will have a stare you will never see a normal person have.
>>
>>136283215
Only retards want to become warriors.
You should be focusing on becoming a wizard instead.
>>
>>136287185
Enjoy running out of mana midfight.
>>
>>136287185
Good luck having your attacks completely destroyed by the warrior who is so fast he's behind you and cuts you down.
>>
>>136287185
>not being the muscular meat shield who fucks the cleric's tight little pussy every night
>not inheriting your father's heirloom sword
>having lame spells instead of cool special moves
>being a nerd who can't detect killing intent or run with their arms stretched out behind them (super speed mode)

If you can't swing being a warrior, being a rogue with a sword is the only honorable alternative.
>>
Hey guys, I uploaded some of my moves to youtube, what do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPpywcACZzk
>>
File: 1451555911298.jpg (112 KB, 510x763) Image search: [Google]
1451555911298.jpg
112 KB, 510x763
>>136287320
>pussy
>>
>>136287240
>>136287275
>>136287320
Bitch, by the time you're lv.30 you will have undergone such a intense mental and physical training that no corporeal being will even be able to penetrate your defences, only the might attacks of 2D will affect you.
By the time you're 50, 2D shall be conquered as well, for you will leave this mundane existence behind, as your waifu will come to pick you up to join her on her superior plane of existence.
>>
>>136287055
>naming your pets after chocolate
>>
>>136287328
Technique is a bit sloppy, though that was mentioned. Need more confidence in your strikes so that your body is firm like the sword itself. Battoujutsu is also only really good for a surprise, so speed can matter but not as much. Two sword techniques need some work to be useful.
>>
>>136287466
>levels
What the fuck? I thought you were going to be a legit wizard, not a scrub who wants artificial power ups.
>>
>>136287407

That's a girl, Anon, can't you tell?
>>
>>136287521
>artificial power ups.
Warriors of the flesh will never understand this, but their power is the artificial one, since all physical stats have heavy caps after lv.30.
Sorcerers and wizards however, will only become stronger and stronger as time passes.
A true power indeed, since once a student of the arts embrace and commits oneself entirely to this path, only he himself will be able to forefit such powers, and, with the mental training involved, the resistance to anything corporeal will increase exponentially by each lv. gained.
Such training involves great periods of isolation and meditation, as well as rituals of magic, that being the reason why no one sees wizards wrecking havok on this uninteresting plane.
Once you reach the end of your training on this meaningless dimension, a wizard's true journey will begin.
But this is nothing mortals would ever comprehend, of course.
>>
File: tipfedora.png (92 KB, 463x469) Image search: [Google]
tipfedora.png
92 KB, 463x469
>>136287854
>>
>Meme Academy fags already starting massive shitposting

Oh boy, can't wait for april.
>>
File: 3645735786.jpg (29 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
3645735786.jpg
29 KB, 600x600
>>136283215

I've been training martial arts for 20+ years and the organisation I am a part of trains how to emanate and perceive killing intent.

At a certain level of training in the organisation you take a test where you need to sense a sword blow from behind and evade without getting hit.

Killing intent or sakki is dependent on three factors, the strength of the sakki from the aggressor, your sensitivity to sakki, and your ability to recognize sakki (as their are various levels of intent - not all of which involve killing).

Generating sakki is simple enough. Visualising killing someone and strengthening that visualisation through smell, feel and sound can create a strong enough feeling to make people feel the sensation - often by a hairs standing on end, a tickle at the back of the neck or an ominous sense of impending violence.

Sensing sakki is a little more difficult. The way I trained to sense it was to relax and empty my mind, letting my more primitive instincts take over and control my senses. The more you train to pick up sakki the more likely you are to sense negative intent.

The practice of sakki (both generating and perceiving) is to be able to strike down an opponent from behind without emanating any intent, or to sense someone with very limited intent.

I've done some research to verify a scientific basis for sakki and I read an interesting article recently. The brain generates very weak electromagnetic fields according to certain patterns of synaptic responses. These electromagnetic fields are used by the brain to speed up the transmission of information between different parts of the brain, but can also be detected by outside agents, in other words another brain sensitive to those fields.

The most serious experience of sakki once outside the dojo was when I was walking down a highway when I felt a sudden instinct to run or escape. I dropped to the ground immediately and just at that moment a car sped past trying to egg me.

cont'd
>>
File: 1408491031919.jpg (236 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1408491031919.jpg
236 KB, 1280x720
>>136288208

I was lucky it was only a malicious intent and that it wasn't intended to cause serious harm.

The only time I've ever felt true sakki was in the dojo. It's a terrifying experience, a very primal fear that causes panic and triggers flight or fight response (or dear in the headlights).

It's used often in anime because it has deep roots in Japanese culture, but the concept is based on a measurable and repeatable response.

Many animals seem to be naturally in tune with their instincts and respond very effectively to sakki (from humans or other predators). This phenomena is often talked about by hunters who's prey suddenly get spooked for one reason or another when there was no sound or movement.
>>
When your opponent does the thing where they have a knife or sword and they lick it menacingly.

That's how you know.
>>
File: r.jpg (67 KB, 720x607) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
67 KB, 720x607
>>136288367
>>
>>136283215
You stop being a fgt
>>
>>136283215
Hold your breath.
don't run with your arms trailing, that's just lazy animation
>>
File: CurseProcess.jpg (465 KB, 1740x1204) Image search: [Google]
CurseProcess.jpg
465 KB, 1740x1204
>>
>>136287407
Where the fuck is the full uncensored image?
>>
File: 1443498782413.png (972 KB, 784x720) Image search: [Google]
1443498782413.png
972 KB, 784x720
>>136288208
>At a certain level of training in the organisation you take a test where you need to sense a sword blow from behind and evade without getting hit.
>tfw remembering that we actually did this in Taekwondo class when I was a kid, we had to detect an incoming attack from behind and react.

My life was anime all along.
>>
>>136288720
How the fuck does that work? That should be nearly impossible.
>>
>>136283215
Pathetic, I've already mastered running with my arms stretched out behind me AND holding a toast in my mouth. You're ten years too early!
>>
>>136288740
It's probably significantly easier when you are doing an exercise where the point is to detect an attack from behind, but I agree.
>>
>>136288740

Maybe you're just not destined to be a warrior?
>>
>>136288740

You have to detect their killing intent bro.
>>
>>136288740
>Not hearing when some throws a punch.
>Not feeling the shift in the air when something is coming at you.
Anon stay pleb.
>>
>>136288322
>>136288208
Tell me this guy isn't a asian-american who grew up dreaming that he would one day return to japan and found a samurai lineage
>>
File: murderous intent.jpg (120 KB, 685x625) Image search: [Google]
murderous intent.jpg
120 KB, 685x625
Dear Op.. do you even upgrade your skills?
>>
Is something youre born with
>>
File: 1441877391780.png (155 KB, 300x468) Image search: [Google]
1441877391780.png
155 KB, 300x468
I don't know /a/non, but I am pretty sure I got it since my bosses and coworkers refuse to look me in the eyes.
No physical defect here, except maybe a bit lesser than average looking.
>>
>>136283215
Go find a hungry wild dog that isn't scared of humans. That's some low tier killing intent.
>>
File: 1360967281285.png (3 MB, 1724x1496) Image search: [Google]
1360967281285.png
3 MB, 1724x1496
>>136288407
Loved this series.
>>
>>136287407
Anyone who thinks this has never played an MMO.
Healers are basically the most jaded bastards on the planet.
>>
>>136283215
Use THAT
>>
File: qBRPJ.gif (248 KB, 285x438) Image search: [Google]
qBRPJ.gif
248 KB, 285x438
>>136288322
>>136288208
I know often times I lose myself in extreme bouts of letting my mind wander but I notice a lot of the time my thoughts always are about violence in the end
I sometimes think about committing violent acts

Today at work my coworker said I had this really shitty vibe the other day when I came in and I remembered that my neighbors were fighting that morning, loudly fighting, and I thought, Gee whiz I'd really like to kill those guys. and those thoughts got more and more graphic as time went on.By the time I got out of the car my hands were shaking

TL;DR
Can one unconsciously generate sakki?
>>
You have to attune your 察知 for a strong opponents 気配 so that you can properly sense their 殺気
>>
>>136293703
>implying
Tank here. Healers are always my bitches.
>>
>>136293852
Calm the fuck down anon, you don't have to go that far
>>
>>136294284
Yes you can, my arch nemesis is very gifted with this ability, such that even the most unobservant of people can sense his sakki from meters away, I daresay his sakki has evolved to a higher, more poignant form- byusakki.
However, I too have honed my technique for years, even the most observant of people can't notice my ultimate sakki at a centimeter's range, I have gone to the next level- kaisakki!
This Friday my arch nemesis and I shall clash in a battle of the ages, who will taste sweet victory? And who shall taste bitter defeat?
Wish me luck, guys!
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.