[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a single more obvious crutch for sloppy shitty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: PnRMovU.png (163 KB, 1024x592) Image search: [Google]
PnRMovU.png
163 KB, 1024x592
Has there ever been a single more obvious crutch for sloppy shitty writing than this fucking thing right here? It started out with a few interesting abilities; copying techniques, sped-up perception, and some illusion abilities that required eye contact... fast forward and it can literally do absolutely anything the plot requires it to do whenever the story finds itself in a corner that Kishimoto has no idea how to write himself out of. Even to the point that it can re-write reality. Fuck, it doesn't even need to be your eye, or even in an eye socket to work. You can just pick them up off the ground, slap them anywhere on your body, and they're ready to correct whatever plot point Kishi didn't bother to think through in the first place because writing is hard.
>>
wot?
>>
>>136258431
I thought Itachi and Shisui's sharingans abilities were pretty interesting.

As for sharingan gundum suits and the rest of the mangekyou abilities they were simple garbage.
>>
That's what happens when you don't think through plot, power levels and scale of things in your story or drag shit for longer than you have initially planned. The area of big rooftop was good enough for Third vs Orochimaru fight, and they were considered the top of the top at the beginning. Madara's strongest attack was able to completely annihilate a small country, not to mention a world-wide super illusion.

Kishimoto probably had a basic idea for Naruto, when it got popular he came up with Tobi-Madara plot (that's why it's somewhat consistent and foreshadowed), then setting and power levels got out of hand and at some point he just got tired and stopped giving a fuck anymore.
>>
>>136259223
>sharingan gundum suits

This is accurate.
>>
>>136258431
It's the reason why I stopped watching this shit. It just became dragonball
>>
>>136258431
I used to like it, it was brilliant in it's simplicity.
Then it let you make illusions.
Then it also let you raise the dead.
Then it also let you set things on fire.
Then it also let you summon ghost armour
Then it also let you use mind control
Then it let you rewind time for five seconds

Fuck Im sure Im still missing shit. Hows doe something have so many uses??
>>
>>136260351
I would've prefered if things hit a roof with Orochi/The thirds power level. Naruto just didn't suit DBZ level shit, it really hurt the series
>>
>>136264971
Everything about part 1 was top tier shonen.
>>
>>136264971
This. The only time Sharingan was actually used as intended was when Sauce cheated on the exam by watching the planted aide's subtle elbow movements to discern what he was writing.
Every thing that came after is absurd, even copying Lee's speed. Technique is one thing but he literally made his muscles adapt to his eyeballs.
>>
Being a Saiyan

>Free power ups whenever you get beaten close to death which leads to a lot of moments where Saiyans should be dead but manage to escape so they can come back with their free power up
>Super form that every Saiyan gets access to as the story progresses despite supposedly being a once in the life time appearance when introduced
>More variants keep popping up to match the new villains who are stronger all the previous ones
>All non-saiyans are useless by the end of the story
>Also can be weak or as strong as the author dictates so he can write a scene where a laser kills a literal god or how a character can lose all their power in the span of 2 years when they maintained it previously with barely any training for 7
>>
Like all things in Naruto, Sharingan abilities started to get really ridiculous once they started trying to explain how it works.

I mean for fuck's sake, the Rinnegan may be OP as fuck but at least it was INTRODUCED OP as fuck
>>
>>136264886
Don't forget, it also let Obito become intangible, teleport, and jump into different dimensions. Itachi also did that thing were Kabuto had eternally re-think his life decisions until he decided to become a good guy.
>>
File: Danzo's_Right_Arm_209.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Danzo's_Right_Arm_209.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Isn't there still a wall of eyeballs somewhere?
>>
>>136265596
There's a whole orphanage full of em
>>
>>136265596
That was so dumb.
>>
>>136264886
Obito's broken as fuck plane shift powers - if he had both of his eyes he would be easily in top tier.
Izanami destiny manipulation (one of the worst of Fuck You, I'm Uchiha moments).
Further evolution into Rinnegan and entire shitload of broken powers.

Also the another big offender was Hashirama, with his inexplicable super special body no other Senju ever had that somehow could be used to achieve anything plot needed at the moment.
>>
File: Ojciec_Shina.png (85 KB, 378x273) Image search: [Google]
Ojciec_Shina.png
85 KB, 378x273
>>136265781
>That was so dumb.
Was it?
>>
>>136264971
I think Jojo proves things getting "bigger" doesn't make the series better. Compare the events of Part 4 to 3 and they seem like a trifle (Vampire who can stop time trying to take over the world vs serial killer who wants to be left alone)
Yet PArt 4 is easily the superior story. Its how you tell the story, not how big you force it to be. When I began Naruto I had no idea it'd end with them fighting God, but it wasn't because it was a "good twist"
>>
>>136265836
The idea that more eyes = more power is so fucking childish.
>>
>>136266804
>When I began Naruto I had no idea it'd end with them fighting God, but it wasn't because it was a "good twist"
"Naruto and Sasuke fight God" will never stop being the most retarded final fight of a series
>>
>>136267194
Reminder that Sasuke fight hordes of enemies, then Kabuto, then Madara, then God, then Naruto all in one night and never gets tired
>>
>>136266855
>so fucking childish.
What the fuck you expecting from a children's series?
>>
>>136267331
>Stories are fine being bad cause they're aimed at teenage boys
>>
The Sharingan and the Uchiha are the perfect example of plot tumour.

They basically became gods by the second half of Shippuden and only Naruto was a match. They invaded every pary of the plot.
>>
>>136267697
Did he not learn the mistakes DBZ made with the saiyans?
>>
>>136267770

I think Kishi at some point fell in love with Sasuke and so he made him and his backstory more and more relevant until he realized Naruto was the MC and they were supposed to be foils so he was forced to power up Naruto to balance it.

Eventually anyone not Naruto or without a Sharingan became fodder or "herooc sacrifice" material.

Itachi wanking also made this worse.
>>
>>136268108
If anything I wish Naruto got a powerup other than another ball.

It didn't happen.
>>
>>136268108
>Itachi wanking also made this worse.

I'm still going to watch the new Itachi series and hopefully enjoy it.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1hSA1OeS4DI
>>
>>136265362

Narutofag detected

> Mom, they're criticizing my favorite Anime again.
>>
>>136265596
Yes.
>>136266855
Shin wasn't really that strong, he was just obsessed with the Uchiha. If had unlocked Izanagi then he would've been OP.
>>
>>136258431
Anything that grants wishes.
>>
>>136258431
Pretty much.

Back when it was "Byakugan for range, Sharingan for technique-stealing and basic precognition" it wasn't any more bullshit than any of the other clan-based abilities.

Hell, Byakugan vs Sharingan had the Sharingan being ultimately the weaker of the two, overall: The Sharingan was a crutch that let people bypass their weaknesses, instead of expanding on their strengths.

Then the Sharingan became the answer to everything.

I would have bought the bullshit results of the Sasuke versus Deidara fight whole-hog if it had been a Byakugan user: Seeing shit that's invisible to the naked eye is the Byakugan's thing: Being able to see mines underneath the ground and mines in your bloodstream would be within that same "scope".

Not so much the Sharingan.

Fuck, the Sharingan at full maturity was bullshit enough as a superpower. Adding more to it was Silver-Age Superman levels of bullshit.
>>
File: the sorriest.jpg (143 KB, 1138x688) Image search: [Google]
the sorriest.jpg
143 KB, 1138x688
>>136258431

In sense a shitty jobber eye user is behind this post
>>
How did kishi ever explain Sausage copying Lee's speed? I don't remember much from back then.
>>
>>136271498
Sasuke fucking trained. I don't get where people say he copied physical speed
>>
One of the root members in this fan fiction dream filler arc is a teenage Anko. Maybe it's not that terrible after all. Plus we go more Konan.
>>
>>136258431
They kept piling up power up after power up onto that eye hax, to the point that I apparently missed a new power, it flew completely under my radar.
In one of the UNS4 trailers Sausage is actually teleporting with the rinnegan.
I don't remember that ability from Pain or Madara, in fact, I was so desensitised to this eye power up bullshit that I don't even remember it being in the manga.
Did he shamelessly pull that one out of his ass without even a thought or did he just forgot how the bullshit he created himself worked?
Or maybe I missed an explanation or something (still unforgivable, but I really don't remember anything about it).
>>
>>136272440
Rinnegan has a unique power depending on the eye that transforms.

Obito had a unqiue power too. Sasuke allows himself to shift space.
>>
File: saqdfr.png (1 MB, 1920x736) Image search: [Google]
saqdfr.png
1 MB, 1920x736
>>136272438
forgot pic
>>
>>136270237
He's not wrong though
>>
The best part was how Obito randomly and inexplicably got a unique power so fucking broken it made the Rinnegan look shit tier in comparison.

Seriously there is literally no explanation for why he randomly got some unique, broken as fuck dimension warping shit and noone else.
>>
>>136272584
I like where this is going, do you think the people who had a thing for NaruAnko are still working on the show?
It just Kamui, he only realized he could go to other dimensions when he saw Kaguya doing it.
>>
>>136272517
Obito's power was related to his MS, like Sauce's inferno style, Itachi's tsukuyomi and Shisui's mind control or whatever.
The rinnegan was supposed to give you the 6+1 eye powers of the sage of the 6 paths.

After basically two whole arcs to establish the rinnegan's power, they manage to completely underutilize it or slapping new shit onto it.
>>
>>136272621

OP Obito being talk no jutsu'd of a 16 yo obsession was a really low point.
>>
>>136258431

You mean like the 9 tails fox ?
>>
>>136258431

that mango ended in 2014, mygod anon, what are u even doing with your life?
>>
>>136260351
>>136264971

Neither the third nor Orochimaru were in their prime for that fight. We knew that the fights were going to be on a bigger scale than that.
>>
>>136266855
but you love bloodborne
>>
>>136273759
>implying that the kyuubi can rewrite reality
>implying that the kyuubi can beat all the tailed beast with a glance
Sharingan and all its derivatives are the stupidest shit on Naruto.
>>
>>136271498
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>136272621
Main character plot armor. Obito was essentially the MC of the last arc until the Nardo-Sasuke fight.
>>
>>136270237
But he's right, and i'm not even a Narutofag.
Thx to that shit we have the DBZfags thinking their characters can beat any top tier Marvel/DC or any other anime character they want.
>>
>>136264971
This.
>>
>>136276568
>Thx
>>>/out/

>to that shit we have the DBZfags thinking their characters can beat any top tier Marvel/DC or any other anime character they want.
Anyone can beat anything because they're fictional characters and the writer decides what happens you worthless subhuman.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.