[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the general consensus on Oyasumi Pun-pun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: Goodnight Punpun v01 c01 - 010.png (143 KB, 745x543) Image search: [Google]
Goodnight Punpun v01 c01 - 010.png
143 KB, 745x543
What's the general consensus on Oyasumi Pun-pun?
>>
He's a piece of shit.
>>
Depressive as fuck. If you can relate to the main character, it will make realize how much life is pointless, and how utterly powerless you are to stop the tragedy happening in your life. Growing up sucks.
>>
Went to shit somewhere during the second half.
>>
File: 1452821768321.gif (929 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
1452821768321.gif
929 KB, 264x320
>mfw everything after they kill Tanaka's mother
>>
>>136210281
became too famous therefore its shit.

wish i was kidding, but I followed the threads as the manga progressed and became more popular.

Nowadays its rare to have a punpun thread without loads of shitposters
>>
>>136210281
I liked it a lot. It was a depressing read, but it made me think a lot.
>>
>>136210373
All punpun and yuuichi had to do to stop their tragedies was masturbate.
>>
Sachi a best.
>>
>>136210281
we're tired of talking about him
>>
Gesumi a best.
>>
Was Punpun a literal sociopath?
>>
>>136210558
But he did, multiple times. It didn't solve anything
>>
File: 1339884984797.jpg (32 KB, 395x181) Image search: [Google]
1339884984797.jpg
32 KB, 395x181
If anything, he cared too much. Depressed people are often like that, though the lines with just being selfish is a thin one.
>>
>>136210500
should add: actually surprised the thread is going as good as it is.

that ending was suffering.

regarding shitposters in particular, the ones that didnt read the manga but heard in some tumblr circlejerk that he's the worst person ever are the worst. dont believe me? try to argue with them since you just read the manga, and see how often they say wrong shit cause they only saw 1 or 2 pages out of context.

>>136210622
>was an oversensitive kid a sociopath?

no, but you are if you cant even understand how by the end he was broken by all the shit. a problem readers do often is that they think "well, I wouldnt have done that if I was there at that specific time" while completely forgetting that you have a completely different past experiences building what you are able to.
>>
>>136210975
A sociopath is a sociopath regardless of cause.
>>
>>136210649
Not him, but those guys never learnt how to find online erotica.
>>136210281
Anyway, OP, is pretty shit, the bad kind of edgy. MC was an asshole, the guy´s uncle was an asshole. Wallowing in your own self pity is what it all came down to. The mangaka according to that long interview grew hateful of his readers. Also 1/4 of the story dedicated to the Pegasus group had 0 sense, mangaka just had fun making that part, that´s why it continued for so long. Read his interview, is not hard to find.

One more thing, this is reddit-tier manga. "OMFG, PUNPUN IS ME". Faggots.
>>
>>136210649
I mean like normal healthy people. Literally all of their problems came from being too sexually frustrated which wouldn't have happened if they didn't masturbate like once every 5 years.
>>
>>136211167
you need to learn what a sociopath is
>>
>>136211217
You too.
>>
>>136210975
>you have a completely different past experiences building what you are able to.

You mean you're a different person? So yes, they wouldn't have done that if they were there at that specific time, since past experiences are the entirety of your being, if you believe in tabula rasa.
>>
>>136211258
ofc, its a super fucking obvious thing. why people cant understand that they arent another person and that person isnt them is beyond me.
>>
General consensus is that it's really good.
That said, the vocal fanbase consists of whiny depressed Redditors and the vocal hatebase lashes out at anything with a shred of popularity. Just read it for yourself, I liked it quite a bit. Asano's usually pretty hit or miss with me, but when it's a hit it's a home run.
>>
>>136211181
You gotta source for that interview?
>>
>>136211181
>MC was an asshole, the guy´s uncle was an asshole. Wallowing in your own self pity is what it all came down to
You do realize these things happen in real life and this manga aimed at describing them?
>>
>>136210281
Teenage edgelord shit.

Oh woe is me! So angsty! Waaah life sux.
>>
>>136210281
used to be a fan of asano way before punpun.
not anymore.
>>
>>136211364
mangabrog.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/inio-asano-interview-reality-is-tough-so-read-this-manga-about-cute-girls-and-feel-better/
Not that guy but presumably it's this one. Great interview.
>>
aaand thread gone to shit.
>>
>>136211397
>teenage
>edgelord
It's neither.
>>
>>136210281
over-rated nice art trash
>>
>>136211534
Says the edgelord.
>>
File: 1451296007250.jpg (45 KB, 397x526) Image search: [Google]
1451296007250.jpg
45 KB, 397x526
>>136211458
>ask about opinion on punpun
>gets it
>throws shitfit
>>
>>136210281
The to the collective autism of /a/ and /v/ we will never be able to discuss it again.
>>
>grown Punpun chapters
CRAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLING
IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
>>
>>136211246
PunPun did some wrong things, especially by second part.

But funnily enough you can easily spot who the true sociopaths are in threads like these.
complete inability to relate to another person suffering (even if if ficticious) and understand their feelings is a classic sign of sociopath.
If anything PunPun is an anti-sociopath. He cares way too much for that label to ever fit him. Projecting idiots only make themselves obvious.
>>
>>136212012
>b-but anon, his problems were only in his head, isn't he just a massive faggot?
>>
Awful crap.
>>
>>136210600
My nigger right here. Patrician taste.
>>
Start and middle sections were great, the last section started losing me though.

Still worth reading.
>>
File: Brad.png (2 KB, 150x233) Image search: [Google]
Brad.png
2 KB, 150x233
>>136210281
General sadness and happy I got into it and finished it, made me reflect about my life and the people around me and this world, made me aware of the good and bad of this world and what iv been living my life for.
Bittersweet sadness.
>>
File: Goodnight Punpun v11 p220.png (252 KB, 988x1400) Image search: [Google]
Goodnight Punpun v11 p220.png
252 KB, 988x1400
I recently finished Punpun a few days ago and loved it. Though I thought it became a little overdramatic towards the end with scenes like pic related.
Anyone else have the omnibus pre-ordered?
>>
>>136210281
Overrated piece of shit. Asano Inio is a hack.
>>
Aiko top waifu.
>>
good vibrations didnt need to happen
>>
Cheap post-war asian nihilism wrapped in traced artwork. And people call this piece of crap a masterpiece. Go read Yoshihiro Tatsumi if you are want actual pathos.
>>
>>136210281
It was like Linkin Park did the manga. Jesus, it was edgy enough with the uncle then it just went on and on. 1/10
>>
The part where he got fucked by his uncle's girlfriend and ejaculatead on Aiko was hot as fuck.
>>
>>136214326
but it was one of the best things in it
>>
Is Asano Inio a hack?
>>
I won't try to defend the manga because I understand that people have different opinions.
>>
What did "God" represent? The Id?
>>
What do you guys think of Asano's other works? I've considered reading Solanin.
>>
>>136214783
What's the point of having different opinions if people are not willing to discuss?
>>
>>136214833
It's closer to the superego, but neither is a good description.
>>
>>136214874
>Solanin
his best imo. but i also think that punpun was shit, so take that as you will
>>
I stopped reading around half way through because of how pretentious it was.

I prefer Asano when he does shorts.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.