[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14
File: AnimeChan.png (870 KB, 1233x676) Image search: [Google]
AnimeChan.png
870 KB, 1233x676
Okay /a/nons super serious thread time, no bullying/honking/pomfing/hand-holding/smoking/baiting/mating/rating/masterbaiting/pontificating/poly-personality-opinion-stating

Group your shows this season by your preferred categories. I'll start, I've seen at least the first episode of everything that I group.

-Currently Watching-
>Good
Erased
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
>Guilty Pleasure
Grimgar
Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu
HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru
Nijiiro Days
>Fun
Dagashi Kashi
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
Stride
>Memes
Ojisan to Marshmallow
PSO2
Phantom World
>Not Sure Where this Train is Stopping
Dimension W
-Dropped-
>Meh/Bland
Norn9
Divine Gate
Active Raid
Oshiete! Galko-chan
Four Rhythm/Local Retard Sky Skates
Koukaku no Pandora
>Cancer
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
Bubuki Buranki
Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara
Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R
>Genuine Pity
Sekkou Boys
Ooyasan wa Shishunki!
Yami Shibai 3rd Season

I like this type of grouping more than rating. So whats your list?
>>
Watched:
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 400x465) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 400x465
>>136184257
The feelings mutual
>>
File: Atism.png (595 KB, 1012x696) Image search: [Google]
Atism.png
595 KB, 1012x696
I liked HaruChika much more the first episode than the second. Also the current empire of
>Atism-ata
>>
>good
Rakugo
Erased
>bad but nakamura
Grimgar
>bad
The rest

Above average season, I'm pleasantly surprised with how great Erased is. No prior experience with Itoh, was SAO as cinematographically savvy as this one? Still looking forward to Doukyuusei and that movie from the Shinsekai Yori guy.
>>
>>136184942
The manga got quite a lot of recognition. Why would it be a surprise even if it was mediocre?
>>
>>136184988
I just mean production-wise, it's a high quality project. Staff list didn't get me hyped but they're doing very well.
>>
>>136184988
Not that anon but I don't research shows before watching the first episode. I just watch at least the first episode of every single show.

>>136184942
Yeah Erased is like, actually really good, from the first like 18 mins of the first episode I would have ranked it as Meh but the whole show shifted instantly into something really interesting and engaging and the second episode gives me confidence that the director knows what he is doing.
>>
File: 1452296040831.jpg (528 KB, 1493x1349) Image search: [Google]
1452296040831.jpg
528 KB, 1493x1349
>Great
Pandora
Phantom World
Gifting
Dimension W
Sekkou Boys
Nurse Witch Komugi-chan
Ojisan
>Good
Grimgar
Ao no Kanata
Dagashi Kashi
>not quite sure yet
Nijiiro Days
Ooyasan
Luck and Logic
Mahou Shoujo Nante
Bahamut
>dropped
Boku Dake ga NTR
HaruChika
Oshiete Galko-chan
Shoujo-tachi
>>
>>136185167
Yeah, I was iffy after the first but I liked a few scenes. After the second I'm 100% sold on it.
>>
>>136184942
Also in regards to Grimgar I've realized I'll eat up mmo shows no matter what. Its actually pretty alright though so far.
>>
>>136185267
I thought the dialogue was pretty horrible (like 50% exposition 50% cliché not-even-sexy boob talk who okayed this), but holy shit is it ever gorgeous. The character designs are awesome, the girls are hot and the director loves to show them off. I'm hoping the narrative gets its shit together at some point but fuck if could watch it without subtitles and still enjoy it.
>>
>>136184942
Actually I forgot, I'm still watching Dimension W too. Not yet sold on it but I think it'll be at least okay. Protagonist reminds me of Mugen and I like the robot girl.
>>
>>136185363
Its like the whole party are 13 year olds playing D&D with one adult and the adult rolled a priest so the party wouldn't die. Meanwhile the 13 year old DM is trying his best to hack together a story with his small pool of cliches he can draw from and the priest is just trying not to lose his shit and off himself.
>>
>>136185443
I hav no idea where it will end up, the show could be good, shit the bed, or a crazy ride like samurai flamenco. I just have no idea right now though.
>>
File: Dimension W dance.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Dimension W dance.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>Really good
Boku Dake
Rakugo
Gintama
Osomatsu-san

>OK
Dimension W
Gundam
Sekkou Boys
Heavy Object

>Cute
Shirayuki
Ojisan to Marshmallow

>Bad
Phantom World
Divine Gate

>Not sure
AssClass
Konosuba
GATE
Grimgar
Dagashi Kashi
Oshiete! Galko-chan
Ooyasan wa Shinshunki!
>>
>>136185583
Ditto, certainly worth keeping up with for now though.

>>136185516
That's a good ass analogy anon
>>
>>136185583
There is manga available so is known it doesnt jump the shark like samurai flamencshit, fortunately.
>>
>>136185750
Jump the Sharks*

remember the episode where king torture ripped the fingernails off the blue haired flamenco girl and then he got killed and then blue flamenco girl and red flamenco girl started making out?

I have a weird relationship with that show, its one of the shitiest shows I've ever seen but its one of my favorite, I don't know whats wrong with me.
>>
>>136185879
The shitty aspects play into what makes it great. No shame, it's an awesome show. Symphogear is the same way for me.
>>
>>136185750
>samurai flamencshit
You have frighteningly horrible taste. Samenco was the ride everyone was waiting for but never knew they wanted.
>>
>>136185689
I would have had more s2 of shows on my list but I decided to not pick them up because the m8 I was watching shows with via syncplay joined the military, I figure we'll pick them up when he gets back.

How good is Gintama, I tried watching it a long time ago (as the first show after naruto that I'd ever watched online) I didn't like it then but my taste has changed dramatically over the years since then.

Whats it like? Is it always a flavor of the week comedy?
>>
Do I need to like Rakugo to fit in?
>>
>>136186207
Like whatever you want
>>
>>136186207
Nah, I'm curious why if you don't though.
>>
>>136185218
>Great
>Nurse Witch

Why?
>>
>>136186207
The show or the art?
>>
>>136186321
Who knows, I liked it.
I haven't seen the OVAs so I wasn't expecting anything.
>>
>So far so excellent
Akagami no shirayuki S2
Dimension W
Boku dake ga inai machi

>Passable
Grimgar
Rakugo

>Dropped
Active Raid
Luck and Logic
Sekkou Boys
>>
>>136186657
if you want to add two more passables I'd try Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! and maybe Dagashi Kashi.
>>
File: 1452541698042.png (228 KB, 396x458) Image search: [Google]
1452541698042.png
228 KB, 396x458
>>136186657
>>Dropped
>Sekkou Boys
>>
File: 1451772959071.gif (598 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1451772959071.gif
598 KB, 200x150
>>136184257
>Elder God Tier
GATE
Galko-chan
Gintama
Boku Dake

>Good Tier
Grimgar
Haruchika
Ojisan
Sekkou Boys

>Funposting Tier
Phantom World
Bubuki Buranki

>Meh Tier
Divine Gate
Active Raid

>Literally, my dick is watching this Tier
Dagashi Kashi

>I don't give shit Tier
Everything else
>>
Currently watching:
HO
Osomatsu
Dimension W
Grimgar
and a show I've forgotten but will watching again when I see the new episodes drop

>might watch
Erased
>>
>>136186785
Thanks, that'll be something to watch tonight.
>>
>>136186915
Definitely give Erased at least two episodes of your time, also check out Rakugo, it's great.
>>
File: 1447122510228.jpg (144 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
1447122510228.jpg
144 KB, 500x483
>>136184257
> mfw the only things i look forward are Ojisan to marshmallow and Ooyasan wa shishunki!
I think i've finally lost it /a/, i've finally lost the last thing i enjoyed
>>
>>136187663
I don't think Ooyasan is actually bad. Its in the pity category because the artists making it only have minutes and literally no production budget to tell a story and it makes me sad because they legitimately tried there best to make a good episode even with the constraints.

I also feel sad that i can't look past the production value and enjoy it. I'm such a whore.
>>
>>136187890
That's not my problem i enjoy Ooyosan, even though i know what's going to happen, and i lost my shit with Ojisan, but besaides those 2 i can't bring myself to enjoy any other show this season (besides those that are still going on from the past season)
>>
>>136188034
Which of the well-liked shows have you tried?
>>
>>136187663
>Darkerthanblack Titleshot.gif
>>
File: ITS A TENDER PAIN.jpg (119 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
ITS A TENDER PAIN.jpg
119 KB, 700x394
>>136188034
I don't know how to help you man. The only really bad season I experienced was the one with this pile of shit which somehow was a show I didn't drop because the season was actually THAT bad.
>>
File: 1437516222003.jpg (175 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
1437516222003.jpg
175 KB, 704x396
>>136188152
Galko, Dagashi Kashi, Phantom world and nothing more that i remember

>>136188204

>>136188207
You take that back, Sekai was at least above average
>>
>AOTS
Rakugo
Erased
>Good
Dagashikashi
Gate
Galko-chan
GitS: Pandora
Stride
Marshmallow
Shoujo-tachi
>Okayish
Sekko boys
Ooyasan
Phantom world
Active Raid
Sushi police
>Bad
Haruchika
DBS
>Teekyuu
Teekyuu
>Need to stop being a lazy piece of shit and watch it
Dimension W
>>
>>136188454
I liked the part where he threatened to burn her entire kingdom to the ground and kill everyone she ever loved for circumstantially appearing to be unfaithful and then the next episode they just pretended that the threat never even happened and everything was hunky-dory in the palace of the sun.
>>
>>136187257
I just finished the first episode, and yeah, I'm pretty into it.
>>
File: 1452292620437.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452292620437.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
Top tier:
>Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
>Osomatsu-san
>Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

Great Tier:
>Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
>Boku dake ga Inai Machi
>GATE S2
>Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
>Ansatsu Kyoushitsu S2
>Koukaku no Pandora
>Oshiete! Gyaruko-chan
>Ojisan to Marshmallow
>Sekkou Boys
>Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya
>Dimension W
>Nijiro Days
>Koyomimonogatari
>Akagami no Shirayuki-hime S2
>Teekyuu 7

Good Tier:
>Phantom World
>Active Raid
>Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm
>Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

OK Tier:
>Luck & Logic
>Dagashi Kashi The jokes just aren't funny at all, something that can't really be forgiven on a comedy show
>Ooya-san wa Shishunki!
>Tabimachi Late Show
>Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru The first ep. was good but the second was pretty bad and made Haruta into a straight up dick
>Prince of Stride: Alternative

CONFLICTED Tier:
>Garo: Crimson Moon was on bad tier before, but the last 3 episodes were actually pretty good, specially today's episode

About to drop Tier:
>Bubuki Buranki
>Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara.

Dropped:
> Norn9
> Bahamut
>>
>>136190074
What do you see in IBO?
>>
>>136191162
I really like the characters, animation, art style and I think they have something good going on with the story potential-wise. It's up to them to not fuck it up completly in these coming weeks.
Also the director is doing a pretty great work so far in my opinion.
I don't actually go to the threads though, does people hate it?
>>
>>136191367
I don't know what the general consensus is. I watched the first half, got tired of it. Plot is fairly inane and inexcusably aimless for a short series, and I don't think it's competently written. Also, I don't like Orga's haircut and the looks of the main robot. Definitely some good cuts in there animation-wise but they're few and far between.
>>
>>136184257
I rarely watch adaptations since I already know the storyline (OPM an exception).

So far this season I've only watched funshit like 2nd cour of Osomatsu and shorts like Sekkou and Galko, haven't continued IBO.

Stride is unique and seems fun. I hope this will turn out into reverse harem instead of Free or tenipuri faggotry.

Also PSO2 and I have to say this shit is a clever marketing tool.
It's a fucking unique take on MMO anime, more like comedy gook manhwa where everything is just a game and the player's daily life also matters.
>>
>>136191556
Is it confirmed it's just gonna be 25 episodes though? Most gundam series are closer to 50
>>
>>136191925
I've only ever seen it as 25. If it were 50 I'd be way easier on it.
>>
>>136191985
I guess I'm just hopeful it won't just end up having a rushed as fuck ending in this cour. The pacing so far made me think they would announce at any moment a second season for it, but the weeks are passing and the announcement isn't coming
>>
>>136185267
It has nothing to do with mmo. If you want mmo then there is PSO2
>>
>>136192835
its clearly about people trapped in a fantasy world that functions like a role playing game.
>>
>Cancer
Erased
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Grimgar
Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu
HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru
Nijiiro Days
Dagashi Kashi
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
Stride
Ojisan to Marshmallow
PSO2
Phantom World
Dimension W
Norn9
Divine Gate
Active Raid
Oshiete! Galko-chan
Four Rhythm/Local Retard Sky Skates
Koukaku no Pandora
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
Bubuki Buranki
Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara
Sekkou Boys
Ooyasan wa Shishunki!
Yami Shibai 3rd Season
>Good
Rewatching gundam
>>
>>136193162
Which means is has rpg mechanics, not mmo.
>>
>>136193451
But its about people working together in a world with RPG mechanics.
>>
>>136193509
So fucking what? There is no game or virtual reality. MMO doesn't mean it's RPG.
>>
>>136193545
It being virtual reality and involving a game doesn't really make it a mmo story. A good example is SAO, SAO is literally so far from an MMO it's not even funny. The main character solo's everything and is anti-social which is the opposite of what playing an MMO is like.

If the story isn't about a party of adventurers doing something its not fair to relate it to an MMO.

Like its not about an MMO in a literal sense, but it fills the preference more than PSO2 does because PSO2 doesn't really involve working together in a systematic way.
>>
>>136184257
>Pandora
>Bland

>Mahou Shoujo Nante
>Nurse Witch
>Cancer

>Ojisan to Marshmallow
>Maymay AKA /v/'s very own buzzword

If you ever get anywhere near me I will beat the living shit out of you, cunt.
>>
>>136184257
>PSO 2 not Meh/Bland
>Phantom World not Memes/Cancer
>Ojisan to Marshmallow not Fun
>Active Raid not Fun
I am confused.
>>
So is Rakugo not Fujoshit? Because it looks like it.
>>
>>136193969
Fujo yes, but not shit. What do you expect out of a a Josei manga? To not pander to women?
>>
>>136184257
You asked for it

Good tier :

Cute tier :
Koukaku no Pandora
Mahou Shoujo Desukara
Ojisan to Marshmallow
etc.

Imminent disaster tier :
Dimension W

Disaster tier :
Musaigen no Phantom World
Grimgar
The one about flying shoes
The one with the blue fairy in the chair
>>
"Erased" is a shit show with terrible writing.
>>
checking out:
pandora
subarashii sekai
pso2
sekkou boys

two episode sanity check:
bahamut

leftover:
gundam
heavy object
utawarerumono
>>
>>136194351
At least pick up good shows ffs
>>
>>136194398
I have two good leftovers, I'm going for popcorn.
>>
>>136194219
im not women though
>>
File: 1452576085062.jpg (30 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1452576085062.jpg
30 KB, 640x360
>>136194457
Irrelevant you can probably still enjoy it. Don't be this guy
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.