[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Gantz good manga with a shit ending, or was it always shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Was Gantz good manga with a shit ending, or was it always shit?
>>
Haha meme frame.
>>
Stupidly enjoyable would be how I'd describe it. It was always shit, but that last arc was awful.
>>
Strangely addictive at times, but numbingly bad otherwise.

Mangaka had a way of pulling you into the story in the heat of the moment, but whenever he tried to explain shit or cool it the entire premise felt stupid.
>>
It was a rollercoaster ride of emotion.
>>
I ask because I remember it being pretty exciting when I read it back in the day when I was a teen. Obviously I was more in it for the action and monster-of-the-week aspect, which I still recall being pretty great. But were the characters, pacing, dialogue, etc any good? I just reread the 1st mission arc and it seemed a bit over the top and the tone jumped around like crazy, but I like how the main character is a pussy bitch
>>
ruined when they start to explain/expand things.
>>
>>136102857
Better before they added a billion different Gantz teams
>>
File: Akira.gif (487 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
Akira.gif
487 KB, 500x278
>>136102857
It was very enjoyable. But poorly written. But... very enjoyable... but... poorly written... but then again..

I wish there was more. Is there any other series comparable with Gantz?
>>
>>136106298
>...
You.. are.. a.. faggot.
>>
File: 53l94o.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
53l94o.gif
2 MB, 300x200
>>136106497
>>
>>136106298
check out Kamisama no Iutoori
it's pretty much the same "get summoned by higher power to a life or death game"
>>
>>136102857
anon it was a glorious trainwreck that was multi-track drifting up until the last arc where it finally fell the fuck over.
>>
>That image

How long ago since it has been
>>
>>136106497
>anon with autism gets triggered by how someone on the internet write
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.