[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've got some questions about the final arc of SS that I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 233.png (85 KB, 378x156) Image search: [Google]
233.png
85 KB, 378x156
I've got some questions about the final arc of SS that I can't figure out myself, /a/

Firstly, how exactly did kaiki expect snake to believe that araragi had died in a car crash? She'd seen first hand how much punishment he could take when she straight up skewered him through the heart, among other things. Even if kaiki had gotten her to trust him surely there was no way she'd believe that. If kaiki didn't know that snake had seen araragi's regenerative powers, or kaiki himself didn't know even, how did he not discuss this stuff with crab? Isn't he meant to be a genius master con man and shit? Surely this would come up in his digging.

And then where was Kuchinawa during all this? Why did he just disappear? You'd assume he'd be talking to nadeko throughout her dealings with kaiki, telling her he's dodgy and such. Why was he completely dropped from that part of the arc? I would have thought he'd be a fairly significant character through it. What's up with all that?
>>
>>136102331
I don't think you should strain yourself so over a mere harem show.
>>
Kaiki didn't believe in oddities until he was beat up by Nadeko's snake army.
>>
>>136102539
Surely not
>>
>>136102669
He didn't, he's in denial and even says that his bee was just hypnosis. He makes up explanations until the end of Nadeko's arc, then he believes.
>>
>>136102760
Welp, completely missed that plot point then. Seems like a pretty big stretch though. Like how exactly was he exaplaining her fucking writhing snake hair the whole time?
>>
>>136102905
Don't listen to that anon. He knows full well that oddities exist, he just never admits it. Same as how is fundamental intentions are good but he'll never admit them because, in his own words, as soon as you speak something out loud it becomes dramatized and detached from it's true meaning.
>>
>>136102331
>And then where was Kuchinawa during all this? Why did he just disappear?
Wasn't he not even real in the first place?

It's been a while but I thought that was a plotpoint, Nadeko is just that fucking insane.
>>
>>136102331
>>136103044
Yeah, Kuchinawa has always just been part of Nadeko's personality.
>>
>>136103091
But I thought he became reality once she transformed?
>>
>>136103326
Yeah, but she and Kuchinawa are still one being. When she ate the talisman, he was revived inside her as a part of her personality.
>>
>>136102331
They became one and the same being

Nadeko even accepts this when she calls her conversation with Snake at the end of the arc a "monologue"
>>
File: holy shit.jpg (44 KB, 350x450) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.jpg
44 KB, 350x450
>>136102331
Kaiki himself admits that he's not the best con man out there. He finds that kids are easier to fool and he's just really good at talking his way out of crap (as evidenced by his trump card). That's kind of the whole point behind Kaiki though, he may be cunning but his notoriety is an overestimation of the part of the kids.

Kuchinawa is essentially Nadeko. If you remember her outburst at her school, she even takes on the same mannerisms as Kuchinawa when she was telling off her classmates. The whole thing was conceived in her mind as means of constructing a believable story where it seems like Nadeko is going on an adventure based on the wishes of supposed snake god. It kinda goes to show that had affinity for narrative/storytelling even before the closet reveal.
>>
>>136104865
Fuck, I'm too sleepy so there's some silly grammar mistakes there but you should get the gist of it.
>>
>>136102331
>Firstly, how exactly did kaiki expect snake to believe that araragi had died in a car crash?
maan, it's been awhile hopefully I can still remember.
he misjudge Nadeko's states of mind, from his investigation and after talking with her, he found out that she's a pure innocent (or something like a sheltered kid?) kid that already lost her mind. Nadeko living her life in a purest sense, no one lied to her and she seems to always get everything the way she wants it just because she's cute (I think Shinobu points this one out).
in other words, she's too gullible.
what Kaiki didn't know is that Ougi was the one behind this all and Ougi already plant Nadeko's mind with suspicion-es and deceit kind of line of thinking.
iirc, that's why he was surprised and mumble something along "has someone lied to her before?" after his lies didn't work on her.

god, I think my explanation was kinda a mess, hope that at least the main point go cross to you :P
>>
>>136105045
More or less.

Kaiki had already deduced that Nadeko was a gullible kid, but realized too late that she never believed anything he had been saying since she already been fooled before (by Ougi) and as such, had become very wary of people because of it.

Kaiki basically goofed on the con but even then, he still had his trump card to play by actually knowing what was inside Nadeko's closet.
>>
It just goes to show how good of a conman Kaiki is seeing how he has deceived all these anons.

Kaiki intentionally told a terrible lie because after spending a month learning about and interacting with Snake, part of him began to sympathize with her. He didn't want just con her and leave her to deal with her problems, he wanted to help her. Of course, he doesn't want to admit this to himself (or the anyone else), so he convinces himself that Nadeko is just so gullible that she'll fall for the most unbelievable lies possible. When she doesn't buy it, he basically says to himself "Oh no, my con failed. I guess I have to save her now".
>>
>>136106204
>Kaiki intentionally told a terrible lie because after spending a month learning about and interacting with Snake, part of him began to sympathize with her.

I actually liked this aspect about the climax of the arc. You could tell that Kaiki was slowly projecting some of his own experiences with regards to Nadeko's plight and it's why he even bothered to go all the way in actually giving her a more positive prospect in life in the end.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.