[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can Luffy retain elasticity in Gear 4, even when coated with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Gear_Fourth_Bounciness.png (396 KB, 621x636) Image search: [Google]
Gear_Fourth_Bounciness.png
396 KB, 621x636
How can Luffy retain elasticity in Gear 4, even when coated with Haki, while being attacked with Haki?

I thought that Haki nullified the Devil Fruit powers, as shown with the fluid bodies of Logia.
>>
File: 5810239348.gif (1 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
5810239348.gif
1 MB, 400x224
>>
Guy is actually trying to inject logic to a show that has people eat fruits that give them powers and they can't swim.

I can't....
>>
>>136069311
>I thought that Haki nullified the Devil Fruit powers
You are retarded.
>>
Maybe it's a specific way his fruit powers interact with haki.
>>
Haki is not some anti-df energy. It is exerting you sheer will onto others. You hit them because you are damn well going to hit them, you are unharmed because you are damn well not going to be hurt, it's like that.
>>
File: IMG-20160110-WA0000.jpg (114 KB, 899x1599) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160110-WA0000.jpg
114 KB, 899x1599
He combined his haki with his df
>>
>>136069311
You thought wrong
>>
>>136069451
I guess that is acceptable, even though if "will" can make you hit Logia, even though they are fluid, "will" should also be able to hit Rubberman, even if they are rubber.
>>
>>136069648
Yeah, but if I remember correctly, haki is all about your will against other person's will. If you are damn sure his bitch ass is getting defeated, no amount of coating will let him survive the attack.

Also, Luffy doesn't lose all of his elasticity in Gear 4 - he's just incredibly compressed, using haki to hold all that air in his muscles, so that it's all about a lot of power, released at once, like a rubber band snap. That's why Doflamingo quickly said he knows Luffy's weakness, that while he's faster and stronger, he no longer has any distance-based attacks, while it was Dofla's best form of attack.

And then Luffy showed that he did have one, and it could even follow Doflamingo in the air, punching his shit like a bitch he was.
>>
>>136069942
Im not arguing that using Haki, he should not be elastic.

Im just arguing that while Doflamingo uses Haki, his "elastic defense" should be compromised, kinda like when his Grandad hit him in the head with Haki.
>>
File: 3144.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3144.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
>>136069942
This
>>
>>136070021
At that point it may be more a matter of physics as in gear 4 he is full of compressed air. Even if the Haki gets through his rubberiness the copressed air in him causes his body bounces him away on impact anyways.
>>
>>136069311
Bad writing.
>>
>>136069648
>"will" should also be able to hit Rubberman, even if they are rubber

But it does as seen with Garp for example.
But Luffy succeeded in staying rubber at all time. We just dont know how yet.

Next question.
>>
>>136069311
Haki doesn't null DF powers exactly, it just out will-powers the user into temporarily not activating it and reverting to normal, unless the other user is also a master will power.

Only yami no mi can null shit
>>
It doesn't rob DF powers, it just lets you hit them.
>>
>>136069311

Anybody here dislike Gear 4?
I was hoping for something a bit different
>>
>>136069437
Fuck off, tumblr.
>>
>>136069942

did they ever explain how that homing punch worked?
>>
seastone and the yami yami no mi are the only things that can null df powers.

There are others case like Smoker vs Ace. They couldnt hit each other , but their powers werent null.
>>
>>136069311
Well then you're an idiot
>>136072355
>muh saiyan
>>
>>136069311
haki cancels haki and then Luffy's body is a sack of air that bounces off physical blows
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.