[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fairy Tale land people invades into unknown territory >Gets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
>Fairy Tale land people invades into unknown territory
>Gets rekt by modern technology
>Japan decides to invade Fairy Tale land
>Absolutely slaughters everyone

Why was there no diplomacy? Surely there was no need to murder each other ESPECIALLY when you know nothing about each other.
>>
>>136056966
Why each side is hyper aggressive is beyond me. If this shit really happened, Japan would make friends with the Fairy Tale people.
>>
>>136057009
>>136056966
Except the fairy tale people are trying to kill you with axes and there's a hundred thousand of them. Not much diplomacy you can do at that point.
>>
Wouldn't the proper term be fantasy?
>>
>>136056966
>Invades.
>muh war crimes.

Not this shit again.
>>
>>136057009
>If this shit really happened, Japan would make friends with the Fairy Tale people.

Sounds like you need a history lesson senpai.
>>
>>136057009
They are making friends with Fairy Tale people.
Jesus, you fucking morons.

The real question is why the king is such a god damn moron.
>>
>>136057114
>insinuating modern Japan is anything like WWII Japan
>>
>>136056966
>Why was there no diplomacy?

Same reason there is non in the middle east, you can make diplomicy with small clans and factions. However, toppling a government with corrupt people who control large bodies of military that are in do-or-die mode is hard as shit.
>>
>>136057217
Emperor. But yes he's kind of stupid. My only guess is just nobody is telling him what the fuck is going on anymore.
>>
>>136057257
At the very least he should understand that all his forces were slaughtered.
I guess he's okay with it because they were vassals rather than direct subordinates, but it should still instill some level of martial respect for such a large army to be completely decimated so quickly.
>>
There's fucktons of it. Literally everything anyone wants to do isn't allowed because of muh diplomacy. It may not come up in the first novel though.
>>
>>136057217
I mean before they launched a full scale invasion and slaughtered tens of thousands of people.

Do the Japanese have that much of a hard on after they got nuked to shit?

>>136057232
Ok! But! There was absolutely NO attempt to even see what was in the other world. It was immediately "launch a full scale invasion". At least in the middle east we know who the fuck they are.

Tribes in the Amazon have tried to launch invasions on Brazilian towns, and you don't see the Brazilian government launching full scale invasions on these tribes.

It doesn't make sense. I know it's anime, but at least give Japan a real reason for this.
>>
>>136057257
The poblem seems to be he wants to conquer both worlds. He make others send their troops just so he can have the strongest army and rule their world and belives later can invade japan because he is retarded af
>>
Is this a troll thread?
>>
File: lelei.png (542 KB, 680x720) Image search: [Google]
lelei.png
542 KB, 680x720
Lelei is cute
>>
File: 1434429205404.jpg (166 KB, 1000x1402) Image search: [Google]
1434429205404.jpg
166 KB, 1000x1402
>>136057396
She sure is
>>
>>136057341
Yeah it's almost like countries go bugfuck insane and invade places when civillians are caught up in a mass terror attack by foreign powers.

Let's face it, the only slightly shocking thing about this is that the people being invaded aren't brown.
>>
>>136057044
Base on this logic, general MacArthur should have conducted operation Downfall, which would have killed a few millions of Nips instead of giving them a chance to surrender, huh? Even if they're all savages whose only language is violence, all you need to do is showing them your muscles and they will be obedient, no need to kill them all.
>>
>>136057341
They posted a defensive zone outside of the gate with giant signs telling the other side to fuck off. That's about as friendly as you can get without having a constant security threat.
>>
>>136057341
>before they launched a full scale invasion
I wouldn't call it that, after the initial defensive battle after passing through the gate, they haven't engaged the Empire in any further skirmishes.
If it was a full scale invasion they would have complete control over the zone by this point in the series.
>slaughtered tens of thousands of people.
To be fair, it was purely defensive. The enemy combatants slaughtered themselves by running into the gunfire and mortars.
>>
>>136057437
>Base on this logic, general MacArthur
blah blah blah I ain't readin that shit. A army showed up in japan and started killing there dudes. They fought back. They went to the other side to defend the Gate and they sent another huge army that apparently can't read the warning signs. They defended themselves again.

Everything after that has been them trying to open up peace negotiations with the Empire. I'm not even sure why OP started with this dumb topic.
>>
>>136057112
>muh war crimes
You think they committed no war crime?
>>
File: 1451795021343.gif (1 MB, 326x256) Image search: [Google]
1451795021343.gif
1 MB, 326x256
If a GATE opened in America, how long would it take until the capital had at least a dozen Starbucks, Panda Express, McDonalds, Gamestop, etc?
>>
>>136057583
>insinuating that it won't happen with the gate opening in Japan
>>
>>136057583
8 seconds.
>>
>>136057534
Since when is defending your land a war crime?
They treated all their POWs with the kindness and courtesies afforded to them according to international convention (even if it likely wouldn't apply), and conducted defensive warfare in an ethical way.
>>
>>136056966 do you try to reason with the barbarians when you play civ V too?
>>
File: Stumped.jpg (30 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
Stumped.jpg
30 KB, 300x240
Also, why is the US President in Gate literally a younger version of Donald Trump and why is his cabinet speaking japanese
>>
HOLY FUCK YOU GODDAMN NIGGER GOOK
WATCH THE ENTIRE THING BEFORE MAKING A THREAD
GODDAMN GOOK
>>
This is the biggest troll thread I've seen in awhile.
>>
>>136057663
because they couldn't afford a lot of english VA work
>>
>>136057733
I would have loved to hear these guys speaking engrish for a few minutes
>>
>>136057437
>all you need to do is showing them your muscles and they will be obedient,
Have you been watching the show? That's exactly what they're doing. They show up, make a base, kill everyone that attacks, and are now trying to get an unconditional surrender.

Aside from the initial invasion to set up their base, the SDF has only defended itself and people who have asked for help. They haven't gone on the offensive once after the initial beachhead. The king is just two dimensional evil who keeps trying to kill the japs.
>>
>>136057341
>
Tribes in the Amazon have tried to launch invasions on Brazilian towns, and you don't see the Brazilian government launching full scale invasions on these tribes.

Because it is literally cave men versus people with non tactical experience. Gate they understand tactical warfare on a basic level
>>
>>136057663
Because trump is the best president and the next one
>>
File: 1452532018788.png (108 KB, 661x720) Image search: [Google]
1452532018788.png
108 KB, 661x720
I think we skipped some steps this time. This much be the work of the Australians.
>>
>>136057583
>If a GATE opened in America, how long would it take until the people of the fantasyland side would weigh an average of 300+ pounds?
ftfy
>>
>>136057975
this is the most accurate use of this comic I have seen in a while
>>
>>136057770
that only happens when their dialog isn't actually important and they're just there to fill a quick foreigner misunderstanding joke
>>
>>136058005
That depends on how long it takes for mexicans to immigrate in. That's most of the obesity crisis.
>>
>>136057583
>After otherworlders went on a genocide
>Whiteknights everywhere
>they dindu nuffin, they gud boys
>sign says "We are all fantasy people"
>BLM says this is the proof white people are barbaric, we wuz dwagun peepol n sheit
>feminazis says it's white cis faults
>>
>>136057663

the worst part of this show is how unrealistic the portrayal of America is. Im not even American and I laughed at how retarded the portrayal was. Show is the epitome of nationalism in media.
>>
It really bothers me that they can just go back through the gate and resupply at any time. This is just 1632 with literally all of the drama removed. The reason this kind of story is good is because the limited supplies add that whole tension of wondering if this is the last battle they have ammo for.
>>
>>136058199
It's one of those feel-good "Hey look at us we can fuck shit up too" shows just for Japan. I mean, all spec-ops groups get NVG's besides Americans, right? Guys?
>>
>>136056966
If OP were in charge of America in 2001, we would have sent nice letters to Al Qaeda rather then getting in there, grabbing those bastards by the scruff of the neck and beating the shit out of them.
>>
>>136058344
Realistically speaking who has the most powerful military in the world?

Because I'm pretty sure half of a single branch of the US military could absolutely destroy Japan.

>but anon nips don't have a traditional military

Well this show sure as hell makes it seem like they do.
>>
>>136058521
of course japan has a military, they just don't call it that
>>
>>136057375
Of course it is. The only really fucked up thing about Gate is Japan arbitrarily claiming the entire special region as part of their country so they could ignore the treaties preventing military operations in foreign territory.
>>
So as someone completely ignorant to Japanese politics, are Japanese Prime Ministers complete fucking beta's that resign if they accidental fart on camera or say they don't like strawberry's, etc?
>>
>>136057528
>I'm not even sure why OP started with this dumb topic
Because this novel itself is dumb.
>>136057813
>Muh the SDF has only defended itself and people who have asked for help
I don't know about you, but killing fucking 60 000 people sounds like over-exaggerated self defense to me. I refuse to believe some illiterate savages still have the ball continue marching after hearing thunder sound and the earth blowing up and burning right before their eyes. All those Nips need to do is firing warning shots using their artillery, maybe killing a few and the rest will flee crying their mom. No matter how you see it, killing 60 000 is unnecessary brutality.
>>
>>136058614
Will they ever be able to have a military or is that just an "until further notice" kind of thing?

And say Japan went all "fuck you, I want a military", what happens then? Would we nuke them again? I can't see anything happening other than the UN throwing a temper tantrum
>>
>>136058125
isn't there more morbid obesity in america than mexico though?
>>
>>136056966
>mages don't wreck the JSDF

That would have made a far more entertaining show.

Rory attacking Itami's squad and taking him as a sex slave would also have been better.
>>
>>136058678
they would have to change their own constiutution to allow a military, it's not that they're not allowed to have one
>>
>>136058199
>the worst part of this show is how unrealistic
>Complaining about fantasy anime being unrealistic
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>136056966
>Absolutely slaughters everyone
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>136057396
Indeed
>>
>>136058678
They'd have to amend it democratically. The current ruling government basically wants to. America is in favour of it because they'd rather throw willing nips at muslim extremists than hear all the bitching about American casualties.

>>136058675
They do tend to be remarkably thorough in killing damn near every enemy combatant that comes at them but to be fair they have no obligation to stop shooting just because they hope they scared them and culturally the enemy has no expectations of such quick diplomacy and will usually fight desperately to the death anyways. The enemy casualty numbers are insane because of the way ye' old armies work where they are so clustered together one artillery barrage kills thousands.

Also keep in mind these armies have ogres and dragons and shit for which the heavier firepower is not so overkill.
>>
>>136057451
>The enemy combatants slaughtered themselves by running into the gunfire and mortars
So those medieval soldiers were either so brave or so stupid that they could still continue their attack despise seeing their comrades dying left and right in horrifying ways? Or the author is too stupid to understand how warfare works.
Let's be real, to those medieval people, just the sound of the canon is enough to make them scare shitless, let alone doing anything. Hell, right in this novel, when the earthquake happened, all of them believed the doomsday's come. You really think the impact from canons shelling wouldn't scare them to death?
>>
>>136059116
They live in a country where they expect the losers to get executed or raped anyways.
>>
>>136059192
You don't understand how medieval wars work? As soon as soldiers in one side think their defeat is inevitable, their formations breaks and they flee in chaos, those who surrender are unlucky faggots who aren't fast enough.

On the other hand, what sounds more terrifying to you? Being captured and executed later or being burning alive and blowing up to tiny pieces?
>>
>>136057634
>Believing in JSDF propaganda bullshits
If this is real, no way they can get away with Article 9, forget about doing anything else.
>>
>>136059364
The guys marching up Alnus do seem kind of insanely committed but anime timescales are quite variable and there's dramatic effect involved, plus the guys actually in the middle of it can't necessarily tell just how absurdly they're getting their shit kicked immediately. I assume the initial intensity of the attack isn't so implausible to them compared to the fact they can keep it up seemingly indefinitely.

Ignoring that they did take a bunch of prisoners the fuckers at Italica had the excuse that they were all suicidal fuckwits anyways.
>>
>>136058299
>It really bothers me that they can just go back through the gate and resupply at any time. This is just 1632 with literally all of the drama removed. The reason this kind of story is good is because the limited supplies add that whole tension of wondering if this is the last battle they have ammo for.
You are confusing the point of GATE. This is not about having a fair fight between science and magic. This is about how to maintain civility against an opponent who is completely alien to Earth rule of engagement and doesn't understand what a peace treaty is for.
>>
>>136058521
America.

World's most skilled army
World's second largest air force
World's largest navy
World's most deployable Marine force.

With a fraction of our power, say 1 Marine, we can take Beijing, cut off the head of the snake and liberate China overnight while we kick Moscow's doors in with the 101st.

Every fight is our fight.

Every fight we will win.

Because we fight to preserve and advance the cause of Freedom here and elsewhere.

Oorah.
>>
>>136058196
All the more reason to vote Republican election.

No more Democrap appeasement.

It's time to double, triple, QUADRUPLE military spending and increase the military presence in Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
>>
>>136059783
>Vietnam
>victory
>>
>>136059996
>It ain't me starts playing
>>
>>136058391
Actually, if Bush did that, the US and the world could have avoided a lot of problems, no global jihadism, no ISIS, no refugees and no Obama.
>>
>>136058723
The whole point of the Peaceful Constitution is the world will never allow them to change it.
>>
>>136062350
they could just do what the US does
keep passing laws that add giant exceptions to the scope of the constitution, so they can act in violation of it and still be abiding by the constitution.
>>
The fact was that the Coalition Army attacked at night and there is pretty much no way to peacefully warn off 100'000 professional soldiers and monsters especially when you don't speak their language.

The Coalition Army had no idea why they were getting blown up, which was why they kept pressing the attack. JSDF had no choice but to kill them all because it's the only thing that could keep them from dying.
>>
I only watched bits of the first episode.
Why didn't they just build a wall in front of the portal on the earth side?
>>
>>136062754
It's in Ginza and they didn't want to wait for the Imperials to come through with another big army again.
>>
>>136062754
The Japanese people wanted to punish the Empire.
>>
>>136062754
BUILD WALL
>>
>>136062710
>The Coalition Army had no idea why they were getting blown up, which was why they kept pressing the attack
So the Gate people are actually aliens with different psyche incomprehensible to earthlings? Because the normal reaction of seeing people suddenly blowing up is to be scared and retreat while screaming.
>>
>>136062754
beacuse they are not mexicans
>>
>>136062754
They want the empire to pay for the wall.
>>
>>136062754
And close yourself off to a new, unexplored land with various countries you can deal/extort/conquer for more materials? Close off a world filled with beast folk, magic and sorcery that may or may not be usable back here?

Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>136056966
Half of story is diplomacy. Did you watch only few episodes?
>>
>>136062841
They have magic and dragons and immortal lolis and shit, their dudes would be somewhat more hardened to some of this stuff than our medieval guys.

The strongest things in the special region (eg. Rory, Enryu) are far stronger than a regular JSDF soldier, what makes the Japanese terrifying is that the fighting strength of even their lowliest grunts. There's a scene in the last episode where one of the imperial nobility gets a rifle demonstration and he's pretty impressed but it's when he asks how many rifles they have and is told that every soldier has one he shits his pants.
>>
>>136062841
Their commanders pushed them on.
>>
>>136062811
To be honest, the Empire is lucky they attacked Japan. I don't think any other country on this planet would be as nice in that situation.
>>
>>136063327
>They have magic and dragons and immortal lolis and shit, their dudes would be somewhat more hardened to some of this stuff than our medieval guys.
It doesn't mean they're immune to their horror. Nuke is common knowledge on Earth, but that doesn't mean you won't say your prayer when you actually witness one by yourself. If anything, fire-breathing the dragon is one of their worst nightmare, it wouldn't surprise me if bunch of them mistook artillery for dragon flame and died on spot due to heart attack.
>>136063347
Medieval command structure of armies is very easy to be broken by fear. Ten of thousands of soldiers running for their life despite what their commanders said is a common thing these times. And in this case, the commanders were probably those who run first.
>>
File: 1440996944938.jpg (177 KB, 544x570) Image search: [Google]
1440996944938.jpg
177 KB, 544x570
The romans killed a lot of people and kidnapped japanese women back before the JDF managed to respond to the attack and rolled in. They proceeded to annihilate the shit out of the foreign invaders, pushed through back through the gate and established their beachhead on the other side.

Then they began being diplomatic. Following mass annihilation events were done to further implementing diplomacy through superior firepower. Pina Co Lada got a display of just how easy it is to suppress a savage warband of death cultists with a few flying metal birds armed with boom-sticks.
>>
>>136063456
Russia would kill them all, China would kill them all and build on their corpses, Murica would build McDonalds there after killing a bunch of them.
>>
>>136063456
The US, the left would probably try to negotiate with them.
>>
>>136063491
Only the soldiers in front realized that they were being killed. The commanders stayed back and only made the connection until it was too late.
>>
>>136063511
No they'd be Freedomed the fuck up
>>
>>136063507
The UK would suddenly have an Empire again.
>>
>>136056966
>Why was there no diplomacy? Surely there was no need to murder each other ESPECIALLY when you know nothing about each other.

To be fair... japan in this series always prefer diplomacy. But it was those fairy tale ancient romen idiots who attacked first both times they got rekt.
>>
>>136056966
There was diplomacy once the situation stabilized. But a faggot like you probably thinks peace talks can be had iin the middle of battle.
>>
>>136063491
Generally they tend to think they're mages, which can presumably be successfully bumrushed given their rarity and 10:1 overall force size advantage. Problem is the JSDF are all "mages" with casting time hax and hand to hand fighting skills.
>>
>>136063529
considering the number that died compared to how many participated, i think they figured it out well enough (something like more than half of the 100,000).

As for how willing they were to continue the fighting..... we are talking about the big guys who went and conquered all in their way (like the warrior bunny tribes) and are ipso facto the big dogs of their world
>>
>>136058646
It's not the prime minister, it's the whole system.

After losing WW2, any military movement inside japan are tightly controlled and they also have obligation to report it to public.
>>
>>136056966
Watched the first 13 episodes this morning. Love it so far. First couple episodes reminded me of the Earth-Minbari War from Babylon 5 so I was pretty much hooked instantly.

>Rory getting turned on and moaning when battle and death starts

>Rory trying to get Itami to fuck her good

>Prince asshole rough fucking rabbit girl

Good shit.
>>
>>136057634

So was Nanking defending their own land?
>>
>>136063143
>Are you fucking stupid?
No, he's American.
>>
>>136056966
>Literally falling for the jsdf propaganda
baka tbqh senpai
>>
>>136063735
>As for how willing they were to continue the fighting..... we are talking about the big guys who went and conquered all in their way (like the warrior bunny tribes) and are ipso facto the big dogs of their world
Also don't forget, in their own experience you only request a peace treaty if you couldn't win. And since the JSDF keep demanding a peace treaty, it must mean, by their own logic, that the JSDF must have some critical weakness and could be defeated.

What the Empire didn't realise, is that the JSDF has no intention of dealing with a destroyed Empire and the civil war that results. And thus they only wanted a treaty because they wanted the Empire to survive. This is just beyond their cultural understanding of how wars are suppose to work.
>>
>>136062841
I continually get amazed at the ignorance of some people in /a/. Must be that public school education.
>>
File: image.png (172 KB, 399x474) Image search: [Google]
image.png
172 KB, 399x474
I'm going to marry Rory.
>>
>>136059996
We only lost because it was unpopular at home. Give us a war that's supported by the American people and we'll plow through our enemies overnight.

The first Iraq war in 1992, Iraq was spending 40% of its yearly budget on military, the whole world thought they would give us trouble, and we obliterated them overnight.

I understand I'm older than most of /a/ so I remember those days but we haven't been bogged down in another Vietnam since, well, since Vietnam
>>
File: 1452454809228.jpg (121 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1452454809228.jpg
121 KB, 800x800
i think they better of with japan
-the us would nuke the new world because there are no treaty to that place
-Russia would invade-t all the other worold and started to mine resources china would done the shame ting
>>
>>
File: PDVD_157.jpg (42 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
PDVD_157.jpg
42 KB, 720x480
>>
File: PDVD_044.jpg (40 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
PDVD_044.jpg
40 KB, 720x480
>>
File: lele.png (247 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
lele.png
247 KB, 500x454
>>136057396
i want to cuddle leileileileileilei
>>
>>136059783
>advance the cause of Freedom here and elsewhere
Does "this video is not available in your country" counts as freedom?
>>
File: PDVD_054.jpg (34 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
PDVD_054.jpg
34 KB, 853x480
>>
>>136057228
Look at their guro art and you will see how degenerate they are, plenty of people being tied to trees to test frostbite and babies flung on bayonets if Japan ever wages war again.
>>
File: PDVD_061.jpg (44 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
PDVD_061.jpg
44 KB, 853x480
>>
File: PDVD_033.jpg (21 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
PDVD_033.jpg
21 KB, 853x480
>>
>>136064941
American forces aren't that well suited to jungle warfare, which is what you will wade through when fighting in tropical countries. Armored divisions are useful only in limited areas, air cover is nullified by dense canopies, and even high-tech equipment gets bogged down by thick foliage and the horrendous conditions of a tropical jungle, not to mention the convenient pre-existing cave networks that serve as excellent bases and tunnel systems.

Though, with American forces training in their tropical allies like the Philippines, the effect could be not as severe.
>>
>>136057583
>implying everyone wouldn't be fucking the monster girls
>>
>>136057232
>you can make diplomicy with small clans and factions
Spotted the amerifat
You deal with governments, but no you and the eurocucks had to do the"arab spring" and fuck up everything
>>
It's not wartime rape if it's an elf, right?
>>
I hate Japanese nationalim but I hate American nationalism even more.
>>
>>136066173
American nationalism has become a parody of itself at this point.
Japanese nationalism is cute.
>>
I want to like Yao but she feels really superfluous most of the time. Like, she's not doing much of anything, she doesn't really interact much with other characters, she doesn't really contribute much to anyone's character development and she has very little of her own, so it's just kind of hard to give a shit about her even though I want to.
>>
>>136058693
It is
M'uricans use this to feel better but is another case of quality vs quantity

On a side note why Sugawara looks like fucking Phoenix Wright in the anime?
>>
File: bait.png (12 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
12 KB, 500x294
>>136059783
>freedom
>in a country where you can get your life destroyed for calling black people black or calling a bitch bitch
>>
File: Nyahaha.jpg (2 MB, 971x1274) Image search: [Google]
Nyahaha.jpg
2 MB, 971x1274
>>136062754
Didn't knew Trump visits /a/
>>
File: 8e9.jpg (32 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
8e9.jpg
32 KB, 680x383
>>136063143
Now that you say it it seems that magic is able to be used in our worl
Why there is no people from nip land trying to use it or at least understand? lelei can and she's human and even stated she used modern knowledge to improve her magic
Nigga that is some fucking potential right there
>>
>>136063735
One thing you forget, the sound and impact when artillery shelling must feel like thunder of doomsday to them, the commanders and the whole army could clearly see and feel them from miles away. Those "big guys" can conquer and slaughters savage the whole life, but I doubt they can retain their sanity before that scene.
>>
>>136063710
Did you watch the part when the cripple king telling Pina about his battle with the JSDF? He lost the will to fight immediately after witnessing the power of modern weapons. They couldn't just brush it off when every second dozens of them collapsing or being blowing up for apparently no reason at all, their will would be broken right away. No mage in their world could achieve such feat, and even if they insist it's a mage, they had to believed he's an ancient mage who wielded unimaginable power, enough to kill them all.
>>
>>136063925
They want the world believes so and even teaches their students it's true.
>>
>>136064858
IIRC, the Japanese requested the peace treaty after the battle in Anus, not before.
>>
>>136059116
>So those medieval soldiers were either so brave or so stupid that they could still continue their attack despise seeing their comrades dying left and right in horrifying ways?
You have a point. I suppose if the japanese only killed those who entered the restricted zone when they entered it, it would make those behind less inclined to also do so.
>>
>>136058646
>Japanese Prime Ministers complete fucking beta's that resign
Pretty much. Look how many fucking prime ministers japan had before Abe. It's like 1 each year.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 600x512
>>136063551
>>
>>136056966
It's entertaining to see how even the most grand concepts which were executed well in manga get turned into nothing but toned down for the masses moe shit once they arrive at the anime industry.

It's even more entertaining to see anime only watchers try to interpret meaning into all this shit that derails from any point that could have been considered to be made.

Today being a moefag is being a normalfag. Like mlp and furries creeping around like cockroaches shitting up places wherever they go.
>>
File: 1451882122947.png (512 KB, 667x787) Image search: [Google]
1451882122947.png
512 KB, 667x787
>>136064954
>-Russia would invade-t all the other worold and started to mine resources china would done the shame ting

Kinda like Japan is doing in the mango?
I mean everyone would try to exploit the world beyond the GATE like this
>>
>>136070308
>they resign once they fuck up majorly
give me that kinda leader instead of bush and 2 terms of obama
>>
>>136058646
>So as someone completely ignorant to Japanese politics, are Japanese Prime Ministers complete fucking beta's that resign if they accidental fart on camera or say they don't like strawberry's, etc?
The prime minster isn't really the ruler of Japan, his Party is, he is just the fall guy. This applies with several other Asian nations too. In that the PM would take the fall and resign in order to protect the political party.
>>
>>136068383
Yeah this is one thing I really don't understand. The existence of magic has been completely glossed over even though it would be like the complete top priority if we found it IRL.
>>
>>136072800
>Yeah this is one thing I really don't understand. The existence of magic has been completely glossed over even though it would be like the complete top priority if we found it IRL.
Well currently it isn't the priority. Magic plays only a very small role in the Empire's daily lives because so few people are capable of casting spells. It is suspected that the affinity is genetic. And the Empire basically gave up hiring mages for battles because men with swords are more effective for the cost.
>>
File: ayyy.jpg (532 KB, 1246x1558) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.jpg
532 KB, 1246x1558
>>136057217
>The real question is why the king is such a god damn moron
the writer dumb have to down the bad guys in this anime and they are kinda an unreasonable dick
only glorious nipponese people have superior moral and intellectual virtues
>>
>>136073079
*have to dumbdown
danm it
>>
>>136072998
I mean it's not top priority for the empire but people on earth would be all over that shit to see if we could use magic.

Plus all of the other things that aren't on earth.
>>
>>136072273
If that kind of beta faggot is the POTUS, America will have to suffer for the rest of his term, since the US is a presidential republic, not a parliamentary one like Japan, where the PM can be vote out anytime the ruling party thinks necessary.
>>
>>136056966
You really don't understand the concept behind war do you?

When a enemy army suddenly and without provocation attacks your homeland you respond with overwhelming force as a first response. The reason why you do so is to discourage further attacks.

Also if you truly watched the first 5 episodes you'll see that the Empire continued to attack the area where the SDF was simply sitting and waiting for the enemy to attack. The Empire repeatedly ran right into a kill zone even though they knew the SDF had superior firepower. The SDF never moved forward and initiated a attack on the empire.
>>
>>136059116
>So those medieval soldiers were either so brave or so stupid that they could still continue their attack despise seeing their comrades dying left and right in horrifying ways?
You may want to take a look at WW1 and see what happend at Somme. You would have thought they would have stopped, but nope.
>>
>>136058199
Is worse than the USA president in Coppelion and Chufeng BEE?
>>
>>136074095
>WW1
Soldiers at that time were already familiar with firearms, we're saying about oxymorons who thought an earthquake was the sign of the end of days here.
>>
>>136074226
They wen't familiar with tanks and gas warfare though.
>>
Wait, in the light novel up to the manga? Or did I miss a translation.
>>
>>136074826
the light novels are past the manga. But the translated LNs only go up to the dragon arc.
>>
>>136057583
epic reddit meme, faggot.
>>
File: 1452118695004.png (2 KB, 198x164) Image search: [Google]
1452118695004.png
2 KB, 198x164
>>136066016
>dealing with dictators

fuck outta here
>>
>>136074886
Ah. Alright.

Guess it's the waiting game now.
>>
>>136059442
>Implying our international law affects parallel world and it's nations.

Our world laws are subjective only to us.
>>
>>136056966
>diplomacy
>appeasing the aggressor

fucking degenerate
>>
>>136075338
The Gate world's Earth doesn't seem that different from ours though. Since everything is the same, I think it's safe to assume they also have a Peaceful Constitution and an Article 9 in it.
>>
File: 1382504262468.jpg (35 KB, 540x350) Image search: [Google]
1382504262468.jpg
35 KB, 540x350
This director is a hack fucking fraud and I'm about to drop it if the next episode has 20 splitscreen cuts like the last one.
>>
>>136074226
>Soldiers at that time were already familiar with firearms, we're saying about oxymorons who thought an earthquake was the sign of the end of days here.
The implication is that the Gate Gods are actively preventing major Natural Disasters. So things like deadly Earthquakes just don't happen.

Why did it happen NOW? That is plot related.
>>
File: 1441531760305.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441531760305.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
>>136056966
Are we watching the same show?
>>
>>136056966
>he doesn't know
Wait for next ep
>>
>>136075465
Artical 9 prohibits using war to settle "international" disputes, not interplanetary one, also its still classed as a defenisive war until peace is achieved.
>>
>>136076408
To be fair, in a more realistic setting, there will be a hug uproar, but in the end no one will buy the "Special Zone is part of Japan" bullshit they spouts.
>>
>>136076531
>there will be a hug uproar
I want to see a hug uproar
>>
>>136076531
>To be fair, in a more realistic setting, there will be a hug uproar, but in the end no one will buy the "Special Zone is part of Japan" bullshit they spouts.
You missed the hints.

1. Japan just had a "9/11" moment, and as such both its citizens and the international community were willing to cut the nation some slack.

2. The population AND both major political parties are in agreement that Article 9 needed to be repealed. However doing so takes too long, so in the mean time they created what is called "legal fiction" to allow the JSDF to be deployed faster.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_fiction

Basically the courts, the politicians AND the voters all agreed to turn a blind eye to the fact that the JSDF is being deployed against the Article 9 rules. And this was only possible because there was political unity and the opposition party did not challenge it.

Article 9 would be repealed eventially, after which the legal fiction would no longer be needed. It is basically a temporary measure.
>>
>>136077233
If it were real the US and the Japs would have gone in together. They are still under the US nuclear umbrella and no special zone is worth conflict with the rest of the world.

The US world supply the resources and both counties would benefit. Why go it alone when you have the US to do the dirty work and you can benefit economically
>>
>>136076707
>hug uproar
maybe that's a german suplex?
>>
>>136077431
>If it were real the US and the Japs would have gone in together.
Japan didn't invite the US so the US did not go. This is the Japanese fight, I have no idea why you want so badly for the Americans to force themselves into someone else's war when they are not even invited.
>>
>you will never rape elves
>>
>>136077809
I don't want to rape them. I want to marry one and live to old age till I die.

You know, that makes me wonder, would the laws of marriage be different between long lived species like elves? I mean, the legal documents might have to be revised.
>>
>>136077738
Because the US and Japan are allies with a mutual defense treaty. The moment a foreign force invades Japan, the US will have to step in no matter what. It's not "someone else's war" when the US is basically Japan's protector.
>>
>>136078124
>the US will have to step in no matter what.
Even when Japan refused the help? So America would have to invade Japan?
>>136078124
>It's not "someone else's war" when the US is basically Japan's protector.
Gee, how nice of you for "protecting me" by breaking down my down and holding me down at gun point!

You are insane. You are just trying to justify invasion of Japan by America because you are retarded.
>>
>>136077233
>Article 9 would be repealed eventially
Could the world let this happen? At least China and Korea will never allow it.
>>
>>136078304
>Could the world let this happen? At least China and Korea will never allow it.
Why? It is a JANESE law. Why the HELL do you think China or Korea would have anything to do with changes to Japanese laws? Are you so retarded as to think Article 9 is some international rule? It isn't. It was a law put in place by the Japanese, and it could be removed by the Japanese.

Unless you think Japan can control Korean or Chinese laws?
>>
>>136056966
You don't negotiate with primitives.
>>
>>136078397
That's what the UN and the Security Council for, they will pass some resolutions against Japan if they try to mess with the Constitution. The world cannot allow Japan to be belligerent against, unless their sole enemy is China.
>>
>>136078612
>That's what the UN and the Security Council for, they will pass some resolutions against Japan if they try to mess with the Constitution. The world cannot allow Japan to be belligerent against, unless their sole enemy is China.
So you are saying if Japan decided to allow themselves to defend from invasion, that the UN would invade Japan in retaliation? How silly.
>>
>>136078553
Slaughtering people tends to be bad for troop morale. Peace and economic exploitation is cheaper and usually easier
>>
>>136078684
It's good for gook morale though. And the best economic indicator in the GATE universe is number of animal girls kidnapped and sold into slavery on Earth.
>>
>>136078682
Establishing a beachhead in enemy territory is an invasion not defense
>>
>>136077809
>being scum
>>
>>136059783
>bring it on, weebs!
>murica strong
Pretty sure this is bait, but damn
>>
>>136078759
>Establishing a beachhead in enemy territory is an invasion not defense
Except you would have to slaughter the JSDF soldiers defending Tokyo. Because you are sending a military force into the Capital of Japan against the wishes of the government. Thus you are an invader and had to murder the defending JSDF to get to the GATE.
>>
>>136078682
Did you forget Japanese promised to forsake their rights to use violence to solve any international problems FOREVER in their Constitution? What would happen if they violate that promise? How can we still trust them? Who knows if they want to attack the US again? Descendants of those who died at the Pearl Harbor and in WW2 won't be happy about this.
>>
>>136078960
>Did you forget Japanese promised to forsake their rights to use violence to solve any international problems FOREVER in their Constitution?
And that Constitution is an internal law. And could be repealed like any other law. Americans have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>136078938
>can't get any sort of female companionship whatsoever on earth
>get to go to a foreign world and rape beautiful girls with no consequences

Is that so wrong?
>>
File: 26767l.jpg (51 KB, 295x400) Image search: [Google]
26767l.jpg
51 KB, 295x400
>>136065134
Actually, Japan's guro art is a result of their stressful lives brought by their unforgiving society. They rub themselves to fuck up shit in order to control their bottled emotions

Now look at their anime, music, and television shows. It is all filled with feminine traits because they wanted to relax by watching scenes that are almost barren of masculinity

The old Japan died after WW2.
>>
>>136078960
>Who knows if they want to attack the US again?
It wouldn't matter if the US decided to attack Japan first. At which point Japan would defend itself.
>>
>>136078960
>Who knows if they want to attack the US again?

Why would they do that again?
It's not like they could win.
>>
>>136058675
It's bad writing but saying the deathtoll of 2 nations, one modern the other ancient Roman tech with magic then the less tech. advanced will be demolished. When people come at you in a fire zone without warning and try to kill you you shoot . had writing is the fact that after the Japanese showed their hand nobles still attacked. Remember japs also took prisoners for bargaining.
>>
>>136078955
The minute the SDF established a base on the other side of the gate they became an occupying army. They could have sealed and defended the gate from Japan. They chose to invade and we know what happened the last time they decided to go invading
>>
>>136079017
>barren of masculinity

I think you're talking about Western shit, anon.
>>
>>136078994
America has something to do with it, for it's American's who helped Japanese to write that Constitution and as Japan's benefactor and protector.
>>136079025
They did try the last time despise instinctively knowing they couldn't win.
>>
Japan had spent a few months sending scouts and spies through the gate, which allowed them to partially learn a local language, among other things. And yet they chose to invade anyway.

It was a sensible thing to do. The Japanese knew there was an actor able to make these gates, and at least one actor willing to send an invading army through them without warning or without knowledge of what's on the other side. They did not know who these actors were, and had no way to contact them.

For all they knew, these gates could start popping up and spewing invading monsters all over Japan and the world at any given moment. The low-profile scouting and diplomacy needed to get to the actors and find out the truth could have taken years and years.

Compared to that, sending an expeditionary force not only secures that one gate and deters further invasion, but also speeds up and simplifies the development of diplomacy by attracting the attention of the gate builders and gate invaders, and making a clear show of your power so as to avoid misunderstandings.
>>
File: 666928-ran_yakumo_193.jpg (285 KB, 1182x930) Image search: [Google]
666928-ran_yakumo_193.jpg
285 KB, 1182x930
>>136079107
>western shit
>ever barren of masculinity
Their most famous mascot is a guy wearing his underwear outside. Or another guy in a latex colored with the Puerto Rico flag.

Even in terms of horror story, the west fears werewolves, Frankenstein, and zombies who kill by ruthless slaughter.
Japan on the otherhand have YuukiOnna, Fox girls, and Sadako, who kill in an elegant and playful manner
>>
File: This guy.jpg (29 KB, 300x471) Image search: [Google]
This guy.jpg
29 KB, 300x471
>>136079107
I forgot to mention this guy.
The only person that comes close to the homoness is Goku. And Goku actually wears a shirt and had a family
>>
>>136079287
>Japan had spent a few months sending scouts and spies through the gate
Pretty sure they didn't.
Episode 1 alone showed that they sent out tanks right at once at met a force of orcs and soldiers immediately.
Something that makes sense as before sending an invading force, you had to make camp near the gate
>>
>>136079524
The anime establishes the scouts and language guides but they would be unable to do that without safev transit and control of the gate.

I was hoping this anime would feature more jsdf operators realistic situations and less stock anime tropes but that would have been a little far fetched
>>
>>136079297

You're talking about old 20th century stuff, anon, that isn't the same as what is current. Women acting like men is not masculinity. Western shows a shit.
>>
>>136079695
>The anime establishes the scouts and language guides but they would be unable to do that without safev transit and control of the gate.
They are keeping prisoners.
>>
>>136056966
better question is how the medieval soldiers aren't getting wise when legions of them are getting gunned down day after day.
Somewhere along the chain of command someone has to be like 'nah senpai, nah'
>>
>>136079768
uhh...no.
Masculinity, by definition, refers to aggressive but logical, behaviors. Whereas femininity refers to passive and emotional personality

The west barely has any female superheros with feminine traits. All of them are either raging bulldykes like Wonder Woman/ Supergirl.
Or spicy bitches like Catwoman and Black Widow.

Meanwhile, Japan's most masculine person are the beta harem MC's that any loli with commonsense can manhandle

But when it comes to porn....the table turns
>>
>>136079954
They either fight or their Lord kills them. Not much of a choice
>>
>>136057257
dictators never get bad news, this is why most of them fall.
>>
File: 1308778811088.png (335 KB, 512x634) Image search: [Google]
1308778811088.png
335 KB, 512x634
It's just shitty jap propaganda. Only watch for the cute elf and mage girls.
>>
>>136079957
>The west barely has any female superheros with feminine traits

That was the point, moron. They aren't masculine, they're just dick envious. They aren't logical characters at all.

Again, you keep pointing back to 20th century icons. Talk about shit like what's big with normalfags right now, that aren't leftovers from the 20th, and tell me there's anything masculine.
>>
>>136056966
Prety sure they were defending the gate from more atacks
witch was a invasion of japanise soil. what is considered a act of war
>>
>>136057583
>implying they would be able to pass thought the game with their fat asses
>>
>>136080038
bet the lord isn't a flying metal machine that fires projectiles that shred through armor and flesh of entire armies in seconds.
Or a giant metal container that fires explosions.
Or just a regular guy with a weapon that penetrates armor from dozens of meters away.
>>
>>136080058
I prefer the goth lolita but it's all good to each his own
>>
>>136062754
cause the other side has dragons
>>
>>136056966
> cuckmoralizing

Are you British, French or German maybe?
>>
>>136080108
Well, what's big in the west right now?
As far as I can see, they are rubbing themselves to the future Batman vs Superman movie or something Marvel.
It does not matter when it was first released. The fact that it still exists tell that it is still "in" and therefore a part of the trends of the western youth
>>
>>136068383
the atack magic is shit compared to the modern guns but healing magic is way ahead of modern medicine in case of a emergency
>>
>>136080279

You're straying off from animation and on to other shit, anon.

Go to /tv/ or /pol/ and they'll enlighten you as to what shows normalfags like.
>>
>>136080369
Nah. I never liked the western literature.
Just give me your examples so we can move the discussion
>>
>>136063507

But Germany and Sweden would let them come and rape freely.
>>
>>136080163
The lord has access to documents about your family and can blackmail you from ever landing a job or getting your agriculture sold.
I'd still choose to run away though. As if the lord does this, there's a chance that he will end up igniting a rebellion.
>>
Even that anime about a fantasy land that became weeaboos was less stupid than GATE
>>
>>136079013
War boil scum blood, but rape will not happen if soldiers will have normal sex. Only scum xenophobs will rape. In Gate everything is pretty peaceful. You can just pick up elf chicks and start night crawling
>>
>>136079217
>America has something to do with it, for it's American's who helped Japanese to write that Constitution and as Japan's benefactor and protector.
You stop being a benefactor or protector when you began military invasion of Tokyo.

Seriously, I was thinking you were a troll but now I think you really are just a retard. Being a "benefactor" and "protector" requires that the United States NOT send its troops into Japanese terriototy against the will of the Japanese government. Any less is outright military invasion and you are no longer a benefactor OR protector. Do you think that title last forever and ever no matter what you do? It all ends the second you invade, all treaties become invalid when you are no longer allies. Invasion of Tokyo by American troops = all friendly treaties are cancelled.
>>
the only truly dumb part of this story is that USA would allow Japan to handle this internally

its so dumb that I just mentally change the soldiers to american to keep watching
>>
>>136081098
>being this autistic
Its a cartoon nigga
>>
>>136079797
Didn't they take those prisoners during fantasyland's first initial invasion attempt? It seems pretty reasonable to take prisoners instead of, you know, executing them or letting soldiers that slaughtered you people go free.
>>
>>136081098
Well, America is doing nothing to North Korea despite the constant threats and inhumanity.
What can the US do to a country that follows the orders of the UN?
>>
>>136081228
Yup.
Alot of the senator's educated sons were kept alive behind bars. That's where the nips got the information they need about the invader's language
>>
>>136058675
>I refuse to believe some illiterate savages still have the ball continue marching after hearing thunder sound and the earth blowing

Maybe they promise 100 virgins in the afterlife to every soldier
>>
>>136081272
the only reason why North Korea has been allowed to exist is because China backs them and would likely fight the US if they were to just attack it.

If NK were ever stupid enough to attack, everyone expects China to not interfere. Should that happen, they'd be wiped off the map.
>>
>>136081272
North Korea is being protected by China. Its not like doing something to NK would mean war with China, they're as fed up with them as we are, it would just give China something to leverage against us other than their stake in our national debt.
>>
>>136081383
>>136081476
And how was that any better than attacking Japan which is supported by your own allies?
>>
>>136057217
He's not a moron, he's addicted to power. Power is literally a drug, you get a similar high from it than you do from shit like heroine.

Seriously tho, if you can decide between the life and death of people, it feels good to do it. Really good. And he's doing that.
>>
File: 1448060561374.jpg (205 KB, 720x714) Image search: [Google]
1448060561374.jpg
205 KB, 720x714
>>136059783
Couldn't said it any better brother.
>>
>>136081622
>being a sociopath
>>
>>136059783
NOT EVEN CLOSE
O
T

E
V
E
N

C
L
O
S
E
>>
>>136081703
As if someone who isn't a sociopath would find themselves at the head of a country. Specially a dictatorship.

I mean it happens, but it's rare.
>>
>>136079079
Which is in the middle of the city, mind you
By the time you're repelling the attack, casualties on both people and building are innevitable
>>
>>136080058
This
>>
>>136057437
Just like terrorist are obedient of big strong America right?
>>
>>136056966
>Elf in crop-top and jeans
they knew what they were doing
>>
File: 51630474_p0.png (224 KB, 718x1000) Image search: [Google]
51630474_p0.png
224 KB, 718x1000
>>136082149
We need more fantasy races in jeans
>>
>>136080658
>putting in the effort to pick up elf girls when you can just rape them
>>
>>136080435
I surrender. You won. America is the gayest continent.
>>
>>136082255
Pretty sure that's Ireland.
>>
>>136056966
>watching JSDF propaganda

Seriously we all know that if this was reality America would be in charge of the operation.
>>
>>136081272
>Implying USA with satellites can't see North Korea has shit
>Implying the nuclear test aren't false propaganda
>>
Daily reminder America teams up with Zorzal in the Later LNs
>>
>>136078252
IRL Japan would not have refused America's help.

This series it's plain ol' JSDF propaganda made by an anti-american nationalist.

If this was real life the Japanese goverment would be working side by side with the Americans. America would be supplying arms and resources to help their ally.
>>
>>136082508
America would be supplying arms and training to "moderate" imperialists.
>>
>>136082508
>>136082332
>>136082438

Stop samefagging, and stop shilling against it just because it's nationalist.
>>
>>136082560
America would be supporting Japan 100% because they are an strategic ally.

But America would also want a piece of fairy land.

>>136082584
I was the first two bro and besides that's not samefagging. Samefagging is acting as two different persons.

Anyway my problem with Gate is how unrealistic and shamelessly it is. It's mindless propaganda made by a nutjob.
>>
File: 1450582103751.png (610 KB, 588x766) Image search: [Google]
1450582103751.png
610 KB, 588x766
What would have happened if the GATE is in your country?
>flipland
>either china(by going to the place where the gate is then claims that their ancestors discover it first and they even have a map of it as a proof) or america has the large part of the gate since flipland sucks america's dick hard.
>>
>>136082996
Japan is not an "ally", it's a puppet state. If they started getting uppity like in GATE, USA would wreck them.
>>
>>136083134
>Japan is not an "ally", it's a puppet state. If they started getting uppity like in GATE, USA would wreck them.
Now I KNOW you are trolling. You shouldn't make it so obvious. Good day.
>>
>>136083272
That's okay, I didn't expect you to understand politics. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you thought that the government was there to serve you.
>>
>>136083438
>you thought that the government was there to serve you

Once upon a time, it was. That's why I give no shits about the japs showing America in a bad light. It doesn't reflect me as an aAmerican in any way, just my shit-tier government.
>>
>>136083004
>Portugal
>New land to explore
>Quick someone build landboats so we can Send a proper portuguese expedition
Something like that.
>>
>This is absurd irrational and never happens in real life.

What is Israel-Palestine conflict?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.